The Son of a Mermaid

By missy14cya

( Sequel to In Love With a Human.) Iris has always believed that his life was prefect. Perfect girlfriend, pe... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 1
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
ChApter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
ChapTer 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 11

2.7K 59 7
By missy14cya

Hey guys, so nobody answered me on my last note and I really wanted to know what you thought I should do. I'm going to continue don't worry. Oh so I have an idea for a new story, I don't think I'll post it till I finish this one but I'll post the description after the chapter along with my other 2 new books :) thanks!

~Iris~

We arrived back at California and we all piled out of the boat. Jake and I helped Mom and Emily and Clara carried our stuff.

"Are we going to Dad's house, Iris?" asked Emily said setting one of the bags down on the sand

I looked up at the sky trying to judge what time it was, it looked about 3.

"Yea, let's go." I said and Mom put her arm around Jake's and my shoulders "Mom are you sure your ok?"

She smiled "Yea I'm fine just really weak. I don't think you healed me all the way."

"Wait I healed you?" I asked in shock

She laughed and nodded "Yes you did."

I smiled "Cool." but then it fell "Wait what will happen to you then?"

She shook her head "I don't know."

I looked down at my feet, sadly.

"Hey." Mom smiled "Don't mope for me. Be happy. I get to see you and your father in 16 years."

"I know but-"

"No buts. Ok?"

I nodded

~Emily~

We arrived at my Dad's house.

I beamed "I'm so excited."

Iris chuckled "We can tell."

"Why are you excited Emmy?" Clara asked looking at me

"My Dad is in that house."

She looked at me weird "Dad?"

I shook my head remembering that she doesn't know about dads yet "Nevermind."

"Hey Emily" Iris called out "can you help please?"

I nodded, set my stuff down and ran over to help Mom as Iris got his key out and opened the door.

We helped Mom inside.

"Dad?" Iris called out "He might be out back." and he disappeared through the back door

Jake and I helped Mom to the couch and she laid down.

"Aunt Rachel do you want to play a game?" asked Clara kneeling in front of Mom

Mom smiled "Sure sweetheart."

Just then Jake pulled me around the corner and kissed me.

I pulled away and laughed "Miss me?"

He put our foreheads together "You have no idea."

I smiled and reached up and kissed him again. I depended the kiss by sliding my tounge across his bottom lip he gave me acsess to his mouth.

I was exploring his mouth with my tounge, when a throat was cleared.

I turned to glare at Iris.

He smiled and shrugged "You know if you don't want to stop kissing each other just glue your faces together."

I rolled my eyes "Your so imature."

"Hey I'm a guy what do you expect?" he chuckled "Oh I found Dad he's with Mom."

I shoved passed him to where Mom was lying on the couch with a man sitting on the floor next to her.

"Daddy?" I croaked

I didn't know why I called him that, but I did.

He turned slowly to me and smiled "Emily. My little Emily."

I sniffed and ran over to hug him.

"I've missed you so much. I haven't forgotten once what you looked like, or what it was like to hold you. I'm so glad to see you." Daddy held me tighter

I cried into his shoulder "I love you. I wish I could remeber that day. I could never forget your face."

I looked at Mom who was growing paler and paler by the mintue.

"Mom are you ok?" I asked pulling away from Daddy

She smiled weekly "I know what happened. Iris deylayed my reaction with the silk weed. So I will go away, but slowly."

I wiped my eyes "Does it hurt?"

"No I just feel tired and week, that it."

I looked around "Where's Clara?"

"Emma took her back to Flordia." said Daddy taking Mom's hand

Iris came over on the other side of me, I put my head on his shoulder. I mouthed to Jake 'You can go.' He nodded and walked out the front door.

~Iris~

Dad, Emily, and I all sat around Mom, drinking in our last moments with her. Slowly her eyelids drooped and she was gone.

Even tho I never got to know her I was glad that I could let her see Dad one last time. Emily sniffed I wrapped her in a hug.

"It's ok." I murmered stroking her hair

She cried quietly in my shoulder and I leaned my head against hers.

I felt as tho someone was watching us. I turned to look out the window and I swear I thought I saw movement, but I guess it's just me seeing things.

Dad stroked Mom's cheek "I love you Rachel."

"What are we going to do now?" I asked

"We are going to cremate her. Throw her ashes in the ocean." Dad said

I nodded "That's a good idea."

I noticed Emily wasn't crying anymore, she was sleeping. I carried her up to my room and laid her in my bed.

I crawled next to her and fell asleep from all the things that happened today.

*********

I woke the next morning to the bed empty.

"Emily?" I called out

"I'm in here." she called from the bathroom right next door

I got up and went to knock on the door.

"Come in." she said in a high voice

I did and she was in the bath tub, tail and all.

"What are you doing?"

She rolled her eyes "I needed water."

I chuckled "Did you sleep good?"

She nodded "Yea you?"

I shrugged "It was ok. With everything that's happened this past week....the stress just gets to you."

She nodded "Ok I'm getting out soon."

"Ok I'm leaving." I walked into my room

There sitting on my bed was Kayla.

"Your Dad let me in. Can we talk?"

I took a deep breath and sat next to her.

"Do you love me?" she asked

I looked at her in disbelief "Of course I do. It's just....I can't tell you."

She folded her arms across her chest "Why can't you?"

I looked down at my hands "Because you won't understand."

She clenched her jaw "Then help me to understand."

I shook my head "I can't it's not just me it's-"

"Iris you ran out of shampoo so-" Emily walked in wearing just a towel "Hi. Who's this?"

Kayla jumped up "Are you cheating on me?"

"No! I would never do that to you, you know that."

She glared at me "Frankly I don't know what to believe."

She glared at Emily "Who are you?"

Emily gave me a questionable glance then looked at Kayla "I'm-"

"Are you sleeping with my boy friend?" Kayla almost shouted

Emily bursted out laughing "Me....him...."

Kayla's look softened and she looked at me asking me with her eye what she did, but I was holding back a laugh too.

"What did I say?" Kayla said defensively

I kissed her sweet lips for a mintue and then told her "This is Emily my long lost twin. Emily this is Kayla, my jelous girl friend."

Kayla rolled her eyes at me "I'm sorry about that outburst. It's nice to meet you."

Emily took her outstretched hand.

"Is this why...."

I nodded

"I'm so sorry I....I thought you didn't love me anymore."

I kissed her temple "I could never do that."

She smiled up at me and kissed me. Everything felt right....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok so first is my new book:

Leila's Life

Welcome to the Gregorian House. It's a hotel run by the evil Rick. He takes girls off the street and makes girls pay for staying at his hotel, but not in money. They are prostitutes, they sell their bodies, if they don't Rick either kicks them out (if he's feeling generous) or kills them.

Leila is one of those girls. Rick found her on the streets when she was only 10, her family abandoned her. Rick took her in and she started selling her body at 13. She's never known a real family. She's never really known a real life. She's never known true love. What happens when she gets a chance for all of that? Will she take it? Or will she let it pass by, out of fear?

*I can't think of a title for this one any suggestions?

This one is I Found You it's already posted:

Rosalie Burb has had a hard time trusting people ever since her dad walked out on her and her mom. She lives alone, cut off any contact from from her former friends. Even her mother lives miles away. She's been used and neglected all her life, until she's stuck with a new student as his mentor. He treats her as a person and not some stranger. But it seems he's hiding something. What dark secret is he hiding? Will they both realize that they didn't find each other by accident?

And last but not least A Modern Twist it's a 'modern twist' on Romeo and Juliet:

Two families have been feuding over centuries, seem familiar? Rebecca Capp is the daughter of a wealthy book printing company owner. Jace Monty is the son of a wealthy Nook factory owner. Rebecca and Jace met at a party, and from there on, their lives change forever.

---------------------------

So tell me what you think of them. Please and tell me about this chapter too. what do you think I can improve on? I love hearing from you guys! :) oh and if your still reading on, thanks your a super fan!

READ COMENT VOTE FAN :D

<3 Mell

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 14.8K 30
Sarah Aspen was 18 when her tribe, the Amara Tribe, was attacked by Werewolves. Her tribe was right outside of Austin, Texas... Right where the West...
Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

174K 3.9K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
202K 9.9K 56
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
909K 27.3K 23
Lily knows that being with Hawke is dangerous. If her husband finds out her and her sister could both die but Hawke's intense green eyes and powerful...