Chapter 25

~Iris~

We followed Jake outside. He was still carrying Emily's corpse.

He set her body down across the backseat. Kayla nudged me, "Go talk to him."

I walked over to him, "Jake...."

"Just leave me alone you can stop John by yourself. I'm done and I'm going to take Emily back to the ocean." he said opening the driver's door

"You're leaving us?" I asked in shock as he got in

He just glared at me and started up the car.

"Jake you can't. Emily would've stayed and helped us-"

"But now she's dead." he snapped then sighed, "Look I'm sorry but I can't take it right now."

And with that he sped off.

I turned to face everyone, "He's not helping us."

Kyle shook his head, "This is all my fault. I should've had my guard up. Emily would still be alive if I had."

I put my hand on his shoulder, "It's ok. Right now we need to stop John. Where's the real door Zoe?"

She gave me a sad smile, "It's a few miles from here. We can walk if that's alright with everyone."

I looked at Kayla who smiled and nodded. I smiled back, "Let's go."

We headed off in the direction of the real door.

~Jake~

I sped off leaving everyone behind. I kept my eyes on the rode so I wouldn't have to look back, to see all their sad faces.

As soon I was far enough away I pulled over and hit the steering wheel. Why did Iris have to choose his girl friend over his own sister? He shouldn't have done that.

But she was pregnant. I said to myself.

But that doesn't matter-

Yes it does. If it were Emily and you in that position who would you choose?

I groan knowing one, I'm crazy for talking to myself and two, I would have done the same thing if it were Emily.

"But that doesn't explain why he just-"

And then it hit me.

"Its all Kyle's fault. If he would have had his-No. It's John's fault for making this into a big deal." I growled his name, "I'll rip you to shreds."

I started up the car and made a U turn, heading back up the rode.

~Iris~

Zoe led us far away from the little town we were in, out into a field.

She looked behind her, "Come on not much farther."

"Not to be a downer," said Kyle looking across the field, "but why are we walking through a corn field?"

Zoe shook her head and continued to walk, then she stopped making me almost bump into her. She inhaled and smiled, turning to me.

"We're here."

Everyone looked around, but there was nothing, nothing for miles.

"Uh...." Kyle began, but Zoe held her hand up and rolled her eyes

She kneeled down on the ground and began moving the dead corn stalks out of the way. I saw wood peeking out. I jumped down to help her as did Beau and soon we reveled a door, leading down into the ground.