Chapter 1

Ok guys this is my attempt to write my first chapter again. I accidentally deleted it so please if you see something missing comment on this or if you see something thats here and wasn't tell me. I know its going to be different, but see anything missing tell me please. Thanks :)

-----------------

~Iris~

"Iris get your lazy ass out of bed. You need to get ready for school! It's your first day." yelled Dad from downstairs

I groaned "Five more minutes!"

"Ok but then you wont get this banana muffin." he yelled back

I sat up "No nuts?"

"Why would it have nuts in it since your allergic?" he laughed

"Be down in a minute." I jumped out of bed and into the shower. The cool water felt good against my warm body.

When I was done I stepped out and looked at myself in the mirror. I always wondered why I had black hair and green eyes. My dad has blond hair and blue eyes. I guess I got my looks from my mom.

I shook my head. I don't want to look like the women who abandoned Dad and I when I was little. I mean, I don't even remember her. Dad used to talk about her all the time, but he doesn't anymore.

I got dressed and went downstairs to find Dad holding out the muffin to me.

I took it greedily, grabbed my bag, and head out to school on my bike.

~Emily~

"Why can't you?" screamed Mom to Her Majesty

I watched as she she shook her head "Rachel, it can't be done. What your asking me is to let humans come and visit you. Who's out there who wants to visit you? Will is dead remember?"

"Will is not-"

Aunt Maureen swam over and clamped her hand down over Mom's mouth "Your majesty. My friend is so hurt by what happened those 16 years ago, that she's convinced herself that Will is still alive."

The Queen nodded "I understand."

Mom pulled away from Maureen "I've waited 16 years! You kept telling me that you would do something. Why can't you get the stupid law annulled?"

She raised her eyebrows "You think I just abolish laws for one mermaid? No. Not even for myself. You need to get your facts right, Rachel. You dare talk to me again like that I will have you arrested."

I grabbed her hand "Mom let's go...."

She didn't come "Coward! You're such a coward."

Her majesty turned slowly around "Rachel I'm warning-"

"You're not a ruler you're a coward!" Mom screamed at her

"Rachel...." said Aunt Emma, who's been standing in the corner watching with Clara, her adopted daughter

"No! I've waited too long for this!"

"Rachel that's enough!" The Queen said I a abortive tone "Guards arrest her."

Suddenly the two mermaids on either side of the throne came at Mom. They grabbed her and pulled her toward a dark hallway.

"Mom!" I screamed "Mom you can't leave me!"

"Don't forget who you are Emily! I love you!" she yelled to me

Aunt Emma and aunt Maureen pulled me towards the exit.

When we were outside the giant cave I sat on a rock and buried my head in my hands.

"Why'd she do that? What's so important that she had to get that stupid rule annulled?" I asked to no one in particular