Chapter 20

~Emily~

I awoke to laughing coming from downstairs. I pulled the covers away and slowly got up, so I wouldn't wake Jake.

I tip toed out my bedroom door. There was a little light coming in from the window, but because it was still dark out outside.

I crept down the stairs and looked around, trying to find where the noise was coming from.

I walked into the study where I found Daddy and Kyle's mom talking and laughing.

"Oh Emily," Daddy smiled, "did we wake you?"

I shrugged. "It's ok. What's up?"

"Oh we just realized we went to the same school in our younger days." Kyle's mom laughed.

"Hey I'm 34 I'm not old, right Emily?" He looked at me.

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Well I...."

"Don't worry about it sweetheart. I can say what you're thinking......yes you are old." laughed Kyle's mom

"Oh you're one to talk Donna." said Daddy.

She glared at him, "Excuse me? Did you just call me old?"

"No?" Daddy said, but it came out more like a question.

Donna rolled her eyes then turned to me, "Kyle wanted me to tell you that he did a search on the house and found nothing. I guess he thought I would see you first."

I nodded, "That's good. We thought there was someone who possessed Kyle, that's why we wanted someone to check the house."

"Better be safe than sorry, I get it. Ever since we got that magic shield over the house, no one has broken in in a long time." Donna said.

I shrugged, "Jake just wanted to make sure."

She nodded, "You know Kyle really likes you."

I groaned and she looked at me like was crazy, "No not like that it's just that Kayla thought the same thing and it's really annoying having two guys fight over you." I scratched my arm, "I know people are saying 'I really want guys to fight over me', but when it actually happens you just want to get rid of it and keep the peace."

Donna chuckled, "Honey I know exactly what you mean."

Daddy looked at her eyebrows raised "You do?"

"Oh yes. I was the hottest thing since sliced bread."

Daddy rolled his eyes. "Since when?"

"I told you since sliced bread." she smirked.

I chuckled "I'm going from a swim."

Daddy nodded as I headed to the pool.

When I got to the pool I removed my clothes and jumped in. I ran my hands over the scaly blue that was my tail. I surfaced and laid back, floating on the water.

I heard the door open and I looked up to see Kayla walking in.

I smiled, "Did you tell him yet?"

She nodded and grinned, "He is amazing Emily. He's the best boyfriend a girl could ever have."

"I'm glad it went well then." I told her swimming to the side of the pool.

She sat on the side and dangled her feet in the water, "It did. I'm so happy nothing could ruin this."

I put my elbows on the side, "I hope nothing ruins this, but Kyle was enchanted last night. He and Jake think there might be someone in the house." I saw her eyes go wide, "But Kyle did a search on the house with his magic and nothing. I just wanted to tell you so you can watch out weird things."