Chapter 3

~Iris~

I arrived at the beach and looked around. I spotted a fishing boat out a little from the beach, but nothing else. I looked around again trying to find where she would be. Just then I heard a scream come from the fishing boat.

I ran out to the beach, the water splashing around me while I ran.

When I reached the boat I climbed onto it and looked around.

I heard another scream coming from down the stairs. I ran down and to the door at the bottom, but stopped and pressed my ear against the door.

"Dad stop we don't need to do this." said a guy's voice

A man's voice was next "Go upstairs Jake."

I opened the door and saw an old man and a guy, with shaggy blond hair, staring off. The older one was holding a knife and I saw behind Blondie was a girl bleeding. She looked like she was about to pass out.

I shoved passed them and rushed to the girl as she closed her eyes.

"Excuse me we are kinda busy here." said the old man glaring at me

I glared back "Go to hell."

He shook his head and pushed Blondie out of the way "You don't know who your dealing with."

I stood up and stared at him "I told you. Go. To. Hell!"

I could feel my pulse rising and something building inside of me. I took a deep breath if I didn't get a hold of myself he would regret it.

The Blondie slowly crept behind me, I shot him a warning glare, but he continued and squat down to the girl. He ripped a piece of his shirt and wrapped her hand in it.

I looked back at the old guy who had disappeared. I ran out the door to look for him, but no one was there.

"Coward." I mumbled

I headed back down to find Blondie holding the girl in his arms. He motioned for me to go back up the stairs. I did and he showed me to a different room that had a big wheel like you see in the old pirate movies.

"Hey pull that bed down will you?" Blondie asked motioning towards the pull-down bed over on the other side of the room

I pulled it down and Blondie set the girl down on top of it. He gently took her hand and unwrapped it, the cloth was staned with blood.

"It's not deep so she will not need stitches but it's bleeding pretty bad." Blondie grabbed a box to the side of the bed and opened it. It was full of bandaids and goths and other first aid stuff.

He dug to the bottom of the box and pulled out a bottle with some strange purple liquid in it.

"What's that?" I asked

He opened the bottle and place a few drops on the girls hand "Mermaid's tears."

I laughed "Really? There's no such thing as mermaids."

He looked at me puzzled and then looked at the girl then shook it off "Never mind."

I raised an eyebrow, but dropped the conversation.

I heard a moan come from the girl. Her eyes fluttered open. She landed her eyes on me. Her big green eyes they looked familiar, they even looked like my eyes, but that's just crazy.

She turned and looked at Blondie who smiled.

"I healed your cut for you."

She smiled back "Thanks Jake. Thanks a lot." she kissed his cheek

His cheeks turned red as he began to place the first aid kit back in the side compartment mumbling a "Thank you." while he did.

She turned back to me, her smile grew even bigger when her eyes found mine. She wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I found you. I finally found you." she whispered in my ear

"Um..." I tried to untangle her arms around me "So you're the one who's been talking to me in my head?"

She nodded eagerly "Yes and now that I found you I can't wait to get to know you! Wait! I should take you home so Mom and Aunt Emma can see you." she grabbed my hand, stood up, and began to pull me out the door.

"Wo wait. I'm a little confused. Who are you?" I asked pulling my hand back

She gave me a sad look "You really don't recognize me?"

I shook my head. She does look familiar, but I don't know it just this gut feeling.

She sighed "Come on I'll tell you outside." she dragged me out side and onto the beach

"Can I show you something? But you have to promise you won't freak out. Ok?" she said stepping back just where the tide was an inch from her heels.

I nodded "I won't freak."

She smiled and stepped into the water and sat down with her legs behind her. I waited a few seconds.

"Why would you-?" I began but stopped. Suddenly her legs glued together and formed a gorgeous, long blue tail.

I gulped as I watched her tail flap up and down behind her.

"You're a m-m-mermaid?" I stuttered

She nodded "And so are you. Well...kinda."

"Wait what?"

She looked at me with all the seriousness in the world and said "You're my little brother Iris. My twin brother."

I narrowed my eyes "I don't have any siblings, much less a twin! You're crazy. Listen if I'm being pranked right now just stop. Ok? I don't want this."

She lifted her self onto her arms "You think I'm joking? Then explain this. How come I can communicate with you through our minds? How come when you get mad stuff starts flying, off the floor, off the walls? How come we look alike? Ok and I'll tell you this. My birthday is August 15. What's yours?"

I sighed "August 15."

"Exactly. So don't give me this crap about me pranking you. I came to find you because I thought you would have all the awnsers, but when I first talked to you, you had no idea who or what you were. I thought that if I came to find you we could figure stuff out together."

I shook my head trying to make sense of this.

"Please Iris I need you right now." she begged her deep green eyes begging me too

I sighed "Tell me everything."