Chapter 14

Hey! Ok this is the first and probably the last Jake's POV. Enjoy. See you at the end.

~Jake~

I watched Emily slowly fade away, bit I couldn't stop it. My brain was trying to move my feet, but they wouldn't move.

I saw Emily look at me with her sad green eyes. I summoned up all my strength. I could feel myself breaking free of this trance I was in.

I lunged at John letting Iris go. Dad sprang at me, but Iris met him, blocking him from me. The vial that John was holding smashed against the table. When I took him down he smacked his head against the floor and passed out.

I stood up and turned the machine on high and suddenly Emily's chest was rising and falling. I smiled she's still alive!

I looked over at Iris. He wasn't doing so good. I rushed over to help him.

Dad was wrestling with him. I threw him onto the floor. He had his eyes closed.

"Is he knocked out?" Iris asked me

I shrugged "I think-"

Just then Dad grabbed a shard of glass from the broken vial and thrusted into Iris's stomach. He grunted in pain and clutched his stomach.

I watched in horror as Iris fell to the ground. Dad stepped over Iris's body looking at me with death filled eyes. I looked at the bloody piece of glass in his hand.

"Dad..." I said softly

He narrowed his eyes at me and kept coming toward me, he lunged at me, but I saw it coming and dodged it.

"Dad please...."

He tried to get me again, but again I saw it coming and stepped out of the way, but this time I grabbed the shard of glass out of his hands.

Once he realized he wasn't in power anymore he turned and ran.

"Coward." I mumbled

Then a cry caught my attention.

"Iris! Oh my god hang on." I said to him running to his side

"Get.....Emily." he breathed

I looked over at Emily who looked like she just woke up.

"Emily." I ran over to her and untied the bindings holding her down "Iris needs you."

She looked at her brother and ran, more like staggered, to his side "Iris!"

She took her tear she just shed and let it fall onto his wound. He grunted as it seeped into his skin, but nothing happened.

Emily and Iris looked just as surprised as I was.

"What....I don't get it?" said Emily "Why won't it heal?"

Iris took a deep breath "I....I don't know."

Just then I saw Emily tears from the now shattered vial dripping from the table. I ran over and took a drop in a different vial and came back to Iris. I poured the tiny tear on his wound and it healed instantly.

"How....?"

"It's because your body just 'came back to life'" I put air quotes around came back to life "They need to replenish their magical qualities."

"But thoes-"

"This was your tear before you 'died'. They still had magic left in them, most powerful. Remember what my Dad said. It's true the most powerful mermaid tear is her last one."

Emily gave me a weird look "What's so special about it?"

"You don't know?" she shook her head "The last tear a mermaid sheds can bring a man back from the dead, but that's not the best part. If you drink the tear you become the head of the ocean. Everything you control, everyone human or nonhuman. That's why John and my Dad hunted mermaids because of that. They wanted to rule over all living things."

Emily raised her eyebrows "How come I didn't know this?"

"I don't know."

She shook it off and looked back at Iris who was listening to the whole conversation "We need to get him home."

I nodded as we helped him up "Come on I think there's a door over here."

We walked down a long hallway until we got T. I looked to my right then to my left.

"Which way?"

"I'm not sure try right." we turned right and that led into a huge room with nothing in it

We turned around to leave when an ear piercing, high pitched whistle went off. It didn't bug me much, but when I looked over at Emily she was on the ground clutching her head in pain, so was Iris.

"Emily" I kneeled down by her "what's wrong?"

Just then I heard a voice "I underestimated you Jake."

The siren turned off and Emily and Iris went still, it was like time stopped.

I turned to see my Dad standing there with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face "I want to talk to you. You really are your mother's son. She always believed in charity too."

My mom died when in was 15 she and I had been very close and I was deviated when we got the call. "Your mother has been in a car reck."

That was the most deviating day of my life.

"I'm proud of that statement." I said through my teeth

Dad rolled his eyes "Your mother was a sleep around little slut. I mean she gets pregnant with another guy's kid and try's to pass it off as mine."

That hit hard, but then something clicked "I'm not your son?"

Dad shook his head "You were never mine."

"That's why it's so easy to like Emily." I get it now the murder before me was not my father I couldn't be more happier. "But how can I do magic?"

"Everyone has magic in them. I thought you to bring it out, even tho you weren't really a Maris Hosti. I brought you up like you were."

"You lied to me? You led me to believe that I hated anything that was different from me for your own pleasure? That's sick."

Dad shook his head "Oh Jake. You don't know the half of it." then poof he was gone

I shook my head. I glanced at Emily who's was slowly getting up.

I ran to her side to help her "Emily your ears are bleeding."

"It's ok they stopped." she smiled at me "Is it over?"

I shook my head "No it's just begun."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey again! So what do ya think? Plez tell me!!!! :D So what do you think I have in store for the next few chapters???

<3 Mell