Chapter 26

~Iris~

John cocked his head to the side, "You don't even know how to use your powers."

"Then I guess you've got nothing to worry about." I smiled evilly

He chuckled and shook his head. He stopped and looked at me narrowing his eyes, "You'll regret challenging me."

I shrugged like it was no big deal, but dove out of the way when a huge ball of fire passed me. I look up to see John shooting another at me.

I rolled out of the way.

"Fac ut sol caput combureret!" he chanted pointing his hand toward me

I cried out as my head exploded with pain, like it was on fire. I gripped my ears, like that might stop it, but it didn't help.

John was smirking as he watched me crumple on the dirt ground. He picked up the vile and walked to the door.

"Haec ego praecipio sanguinibus esse potest patere ostium. Patefacio dico!"he said again then smashed the vile against the door smearing the red stuff on the door

The cave shook as the big doors opened. John smiled evilly as he walked up to the wall that held the wand and ran his fingers over it.

"I've only dreamed about this day my whole life." he grasped the wand and pulled out of the wall, it glowed in response, "Now what should I do first?" he looked down at me, "How about finish what our masters started."

He pointed the wand at me, "Mittere ad ima eorumdem. Fac ei nocere secula seculorum"

I closed my eyes waiting for the blow, but instead I heard a thump instead. My eyes shot open to see Beau holding the wand and John on the ground scowling at him.

"Stay down." Beau growled and then turned to me and helped me up, "You alright?"

I looked over his shoulder and saw John coming at him with a knife.

"Watch out!", but Beau was too slow and John stabbed him in the back, and he slumped to the ground.

"No!" I heard a cry that soon turned into a growl, and not a human one.

I turned, as well as John, to see Zoe transform into a big white wolf, but John didn't have time to react because she pounced onto him.

He raised the knife and was about to stab her too, but I looked at the knife and said, "Hot."

We heard a sizzle. John cried out and threw the knife away, leaving him with no weapon. Zoe was about to kill him when we heard Beau groan. Zoe turned her head to see Beau, but John took that chance to roll out from under her and pick up the knife and wand that Beau had dropped.

Zoe growled at John and narrowed her blue eyes at him. She circled around him while he kept his eyes on her. I ran to Beau's side and looked at his wound, it was just a cut nothing fatal.

Beau was watching the fight behind me and he gasped at the same time I heard a whine. I turned my head to see John holding Zoe's huge neck in his hands, strangling her. She phased back to herself , but she was still in John's hold.

"Let her go John." I commanded standing up

John smirked and let her go. She fell to the floor gasping, draping over to Beau.

"Time to finish this." he said and pointed the wand at me, "Interfice eum, et interficient eum et amicos suos. Numquam se vigilare!" he said

The wand glowed and sparked and then it shot at me, but I wasn't ready, not for my life to be over.