Friends to Lovers... Impossib...

By loveispriceless

I really don't know what's gotten into me? Surely there isn't a disease that makes you miss a person so much... More

Best Friends
Library
Nate Fisher
The Game
This is not a "date"
I don't associate with playboys
Jealousy?
Are you scared of losing your best friend?
The Party (part 1)
The Party (part 2)
Nate's Confession
Liz's Confrontation
Kou's Reply
First Kiss
Girlfriend
I'll be right here by your side
I love you
Friends to Lovers

Waiting for her

3.3K 155 7
By loveispriceless

Hello fellow readers,

So my long winter break has finally come to an end. That means I won't be writing as much nor updating any time soon. I'm sorry but school comes first. I promise to write as much as I can when I have time.

Hopefully this would be a good chapter to leave off with.

Until next time.

-------------------------------------------

Kevin's POV

The wind blew slightly causing me to shiver. My desire to get up from the front porch and go home was strong, but I resisted. You may be wondering why I'm even sitting here freezing my butt off when I can should be in my bed covered in warm blankets or watching a movie right now. Kou is the reason why I'm out here in the cold. It seems that Kou not only forgot her phone but she's together with Nate right now.

When I woke up this morning Kou was the first person on my mind as well as my confession for her last night. Yet I wanted to see her more than anything and was anxious to hear her lovely voice in the morning. I guess this is what happens when you're in love, everything appears brighter and the world just seems like a better place in general. However to my disappointment Kou was not home and to make it worst she was with Nate of all people.

Ms. Ami told me Kou had left this morning to go see Nate so they could work on their project. I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to see her this morning but I made sure I was home when she got back. Todd even text me if I wanted to hang out this afternoon, but I turned him down because I didn't know when Kou would get back. When she didn't come home by 2:00 I was starting to worry. I texted and called Kou but she didn't answer. I even went over to her house to check to see if she was home in case I didn't see her come back. Ms. Ami told me Kou was still gone and that she forgot her phone on the kitchen table this morning when she was in a hurry to leave. I became more frustrated, that means I wouldn't be able to text her to see how her day was going so far.

Honestly I just miss her. I know I just saw her yesterday yet I feel so incomplete when she's not near me.

I mean how long does a simple English project take? Kou has been working on this presentation for what seemed like forever. She practically meets Nate about every other day to work on this darn presentation. Instead of allowing myself to become more frustrated I decided to wait for her to come back, I mean as much as Nate and I don't get along I know that if she's with Nate at least she's in good hands. So I decided to distract myself with some homework and some studying as I waited.

By the time I finish my school work and my chores it was already dark outside. I check my phone for the time and was surprise that it was already 8pm. I knew that Kou couldn't be home because I ask Ms. Ami earlier to tell Kou to come over to my place whenever she got home.

Now I'm starting to get a little worried that something might have happened. It's even worse that I couldn't call her due to the fact that she didn't have her phone on her. I can't even call Nate because I don't even have his number.

I also didn't want to keep going over to bother Ms. Ami. So here I am sitting on my porch and waiting for Kou. I couldn't wait inside my house because my living room window was facing the opposite side of Kou's house. I need to know she was alright and if I saw her with my own two eyes then maybe I would stop worrying so much. I have been waiting for over an hour now, yet I wouldn't let myself go inside until I saw her come home safety. Apart of me knew I was being stubborn but when it comes to Kou I'm more stubborn then I have ever been.

I looked up into the night sky and saw the beautiful full moon that seem to hang in the sky. The moon reminded me of Kou. It was simple yet so enchanting and beautiful. Just thinking about her made my heart swell with yearning. I reach my hand to the moon and imaginarily clutch it within my hands. It was so close yet so far away, exactly like Kou's heart.

From the corner of my eyes I saw headlights entering Kou's driveway. Swiftly turning to look at who it might be, I saw Nate profile through the car window. Shooting straight up from where I was sitting, I practically ran over to Kou's driveway. I'm glad she was safe and sound. By the time I reach the drive way Nate had already open the car door for Kou and helped her out.

"Kevin what are you doing here?" Kou ask looking at me. Just seeing her brought a huge smile on my face. At last, I was waiting the whole day just for this moment. I saw that she was wearing her East High sweater that I got for her last Christmas, it was big enough that it covered her upper thighs but her chest still clung tightly to the top portion of the sweater. Even her necklace seem to glitter in the moonlight. As stunning as she was yesterday all dress up and breath-taking she was as beautiful today with just her leggings and sweater.

"I was waiting for you." I replied. Turning to Nate I nod acknowledging his presence.

"Oh. But why?"

I brought my hand to brush her left check, it felt warm on my cold rough hands, "Because I wanted to see you. Did you finally finish your project?"

Before she could answer a small squeak sounded from her cute pink lips as Nate wrap his arms around her waist and pulls her against his chest away from me, my hand dropping from her checks. "Thanks for asking, we did finish. We even went on a date afterwards." I barely heard him as anger erupted though my whole body. How dare he hold my girl like that! I was ready to rip his arm off.

"Release her now," I snarled as I grab Nate's arm, the one around Kou's waist, and grip tightly.

Nate didn't let go instead we silently glared at each other both of us tense, neither of us daring to move. I was practically shooting daggers from my eyes hoping they would fly and pierce his heart. I felt my other hand tighten into a hard fist and my bicep muscles tense up. When I saw Nate's arm tighten around Kou even more I exploded, my fisted hand ready to take a swing.

Instead of I felt a soft hand land on the center of my chest. I broke eye contact with Nate and look down at Kou. I saw her slightly shake her head in a "no" motion and heard her whisper my name. I knew she could tell how angry I was at that moment and she was doing that to calm me down. She really knew me to well. With that one action from her I relax my fist and let go of Nate's arm. Shit, I have never been an aggressive person, but when it comes to Kou I become so possessive and lose my control so quick. I step back separating the space between Nate and I.

I heard Kou say sternly, "Let go of me Nate." I smiled a bit when I heard her harden voice. I could tell I was not the only one that was piss off at the moment. I hope that by the tone of her voice it meant she didn't like Nate holding her. I did a small victory dance inside.

As instructed Nate let go of Kou dropping his hand to his side just where they should be, away from Kou. In fact if I had it may way they would be tied around his back so he wouldn't even be able to touch her at all. Kou took a few steps away from Nate separating the space between them. Turning around she said to him, "Thank you for today I really enjoyed it. And just like I said I'll keep the promise we made, but I think it's time for you to go home. You should at least spend the rest of your birthday with your mother."

Birthday? I didn't know it was Nate's birthday today.

Nate gave a small smile and presented Kou with a small kiss on the forehead. "I'll keep you to that promise. So good night princess, and thank you again for today." Nate looked at me for a few seconds before getting into his car. I could tell he wanted to say something, instead he made his way back to his care. I watch as he exit the driveway and drove off.

I felt a hand on my forearm, turning around I saw two large mocha eyes staring up at me. She was so lovely at the moment. Her cheeks were red from the chilling wind and her lips looked so plump and soft I just wanted to grab her and taste her sweet lips, they were practically begging to be kiss. It was so damn tempting. "Kevin," I heard Kou say. I met Kou's eyes again. I didn't even realizing I was staring at her lips.

"Hey chipmunk," I brought my thumb to her forehead to wipe the away the kiss that Nate had given her earlier. "I missed you."

"How long have you been waiting for me outside?"

I didn't know if I should tell her that I had practically been waiting for her the whole day. Would she find that creepy? Better yet if I told her that I waited outside for over an hour for her she would be mad at me for not taking care of my health. So instead I just told a small white lie, "Oh, not that long. Maybe 10 minutes."

"Don't lie to me Kevin."

"I'm not."

Kou grasp my hands in hers, her small hands barely covering mines. "You're hands are freezing Kevin! There is no way you have only been out here for 10 minutes. Your hands wouldn't be this cold. Are you dumb, why would you wait out in the cold for me to get back? I keep telling you to take better care of yourself. You know you can't afford to get sick during football season, you're the quarterback and one of the most important players on the team. If you get sick that practically means 'good-bye' to the season."

Everything Kou said was exactly true, however even football is not as important to me as Kou is. I honestly never thought there would be a day where I would choose a girl over football at all. Football is my life, but with Kou, she's my life and more. "Well when you didn't come home I was getting worried something might of happen. Since you weren't carrying your phone I couldn't reach you either and you know that if I don't stand outside I can't see your driveway or your house."

"So if I didn't come home until midnight you would have waited until I got back, in the cold?"

I nodded.

"Sheesh Kevin I'm not a kid anymore, I know how to take care of myself. And if you became sick then I would be worried. Just promise me you would at least take care of your health first." I nodded again agreeing. "Come on let's go inside, you need to warm up. You must be freezing" Kou said never letting go of my hand and leading me into her home. I never felt more loved at that moment.

"Sit down," Kou said pointing to one of the black stools behind the island table in the kitchen. "Tea, coffee, or hot coco?"

"Just tea please."

I watch as Kou brew the tea and making her way around the kitchen. I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't help but watch as her hips swayed gently as she walk around. Her leggings shape not only her waist and hips nicely but her bottom as well. Oh and nots get me started on how perfectly her butt was, it looked so nice and firm and perfectly shape. The urge to reach out and just give it a good grab was so darn tempting. There was so many dirty going through my mind right now that I had to force myself to look away before I did something I would regret later. So instead of looking at her perfect behind I decide to look at the different type of china plates and cups that Ms. Ami kept around the house as decoration.

Kou place the cup of tea in front of me. "Here you go. Green tea with one tablespoon of sugar and a slice of lemon."

"Thank you, you know just how I like it. What are you drinking chipmunk?"

"As always, hot cocoa with extra whip cream. You know I rarely drink anything else."

Shrugging I replied, "I thought maybe you might finally try something new for once."

"You know that I like to keep everything the same, that's just how I am."

I took a sip of my tea. "Sometimes changes are good." We both knew there was two meanings to that comment. We sat quietly just staring into our drink. I was sure that just like me Kou was thinking about my confession. Yet I didn't mind the silence between us right now, it was a good kind of silence. I was just glad to be in her presence.

"Kevin," Kou said breaking the silence, "what did you do today?"

"You will be proud of me, I actually finish my homework for once. I also got studying done."

"Wow, I thought I would never see the day where you not only do your homework and study on the same day but finish your homework as well. Before we know it pigs are finally going to start flying," Kou exclaimed sarcastically.

"Hey I could do really well if I gave it a try, and you never know pigs may really start flying. Heck I actually want to see that happen. Except the part where they shit everywhere. I mean can you imagine that, pigs flying and shitting at the same time! "

Kou busted out laughing, so much that she had to hold her stomach for a good while. I didn't think it was that funny but I wasn't complaining at seeing her laughing face. When she finally settle down she wipe the tears from her eyes, "Ah, I miss this Kevin. Just you and me talking and joking around. It always makes my day when I do get to spend time with you."

"I miss it too, but I promise you we are going to have a lot more days like this. I'll make sure of it." Kou smiled and nodded. "I didn't even realize it was Nate's birthday. So did you have fun today then?" When I saw Kou hesitate with her answer I reassured her, "You can tell me, I won't be mad. Just a bit jealous."

"Yeah, I did have fun today." She said softly staring down at her coco.

"Then I'm glad, I rather you had a lot of fun then none at all."

"Kevin I need to tell you something."

I saw that she was nervous and a little bit scared. Damn, did Nate do something to her? "Kou did Nate do something to you?"

"Hmm... No not really."

"What do you mean by not really?"

"Well... you see..." I could tell she was struggling to tell me.

"Kou just tell me. Did he really do something bad to you? I swear if he did I'm really going to kick his –"

"Nate confessed to me." Kou interrupted.

"What?" I must have heard wrong. She did not just say that Nate confess to her, there is no way. Instead to my horror she said just that.

"Nate confessed to me today. He ask me to be his girlfriend."

"I see," I said slumping back on my seat. So Nate really did confess to her. I felt so defeated and so extremely frighten. Not of Nate's confession but of what Kou's answer might have been. Did she say yes or did she reject him. I wanted to know and yet at the same time I didn't want to hear her answer. Without realizing it the question spilled from my lips, "What was your answer?"

It felt like an eternity before she replied, "I promise him I would think about it."

I'll take that answer as a positive one. At least she wasn't going to accept his confession right away, hopefully that means she didn't like him enough to accept. There was one thing I wanted to know and it has been on my mind since this morning. "Have you thought about my confession yet?"

She look right at me without showing an expression. It was not a look that match her one bit. "Yes," she responded. "Kevin, I-"

Holding up a hand I stop her from finishing, "Don't Kou, I don't want to hear it."

"But-"

"It's been a long day for you and me. I think you should go to bed and rest. You can tell me your reply next time." I finish the rest of my tea in one gulp, got up and walk over to Kou.

"Kevin," Kou argued, "let me finish."

Instead of listening to her I leaned down and to kiss her forehead. "Good night darling. Thanks for the tea." Not giving her time to reply I walked out of the kitchen and out her house as fast as I could. If I didn't leave as soon as I did she would have really told me her reply. Call me a coward, but as of right now, I'm afraid of hearing what her response might be.

------------------------------

-loveispriceless 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 2.3K 31
Kate has finally reached her senior year, the last year of high school life. She was looking forward to it because this is the year where everything...
107K 5.5K 49
He's cold, insensitive and rude... But why can't I stay away? ******************** My love life was the last of my problems. Last year, bullies, pen...
16.1K 698 25
Now I know what you’re thinking. Me, being the opposite gender, must have developed feelings for my best friend, sometime over the eight years I have...
Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

7.4M 325K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...