Friends to Lovers... Impossib...

By loveispriceless

I really don't know what's gotten into me? Surely there isn't a disease that makes you miss a person so much... More

Best Friends
Library
Nate Fisher
The Game
This is not a "date"
I don't associate with playboys
Jealousy?
Are you scared of losing your best friend?
The Party (part 1)
Nate's Confession
Waiting for her
Liz's Confrontation
Kou's Reply
First Kiss
Girlfriend
I'll be right here by your side
I love you
Friends to Lovers

The Party (part 2)

3.1K 177 7
By loveispriceless

Hello everyone,

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Warning: there might be a lot of "feels" going on in this chapter. Just as a heads up.

Also, a special thanks to maymuna1234 for leaving a comment for me. I really encourage me to continue writing. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin's POV

I rushed after Kou, I just couldn't let her leave by herself. She didn't show it but she needs me right now.

I know that I have been a complete jerk this past week and Kou was extremely mad at me. Not only did I ignore her text and calls but I completely avoided her. It's not like I wanted to, I wanted to see her more than anything in the world.

It took all my self-control not to talk or see Kou. I was scared. I was scared that if I saw or talk to her I would blurt out exactly how I felt for her. I loved her so much and every minute that feeling grows stronger inside of me. I have always been a person who faces their fears, but I have never encounter a fear like this before. The fear of losing Kou is the greatest fear I have ever encounter.

I wasn't going to ignore Kou forever, I just needed time to sort out my feelings. I called Todd and told him everything that I was going through, because I needed a place to hide out for a while, away from Kou. I knew that if I stayed home eventually she will come over to my house and I wouldn't have excuse to not see her. Thankfully he understood what I was going through because to my surprise Todd had been chasing Liz around for a while too. It seems they are finally going out though.

In that week that I stayed at Todd's place I have finally came down to a conclusion of what to do. If I didn't want to risk our friendship by confessing and getting turned down, then all I have to do is make Kou fall in love with me.

It wasn't until the end of the week when I finally made up my mind on what I wanted to do. I was going to call Kou to apologize first because I was 100 percent positive she was extremely mad at me at this moment. However, Todd told me that he invited Liz over to the party tonight and Kou was going to come too. So I thought I should wait to say sorry in person because I know how much Kou hates apologizing over text or calling.

The party started at 7:00pm and by the time it was 7:20 I was worried that Kou wouldn't show up. What was even worst was that the whole cheerleader team arrived at the party and of course, the first to arrive was Lisa.

I was looking out the window awaiting the arrival of Kou and Liz when I felt a small impact on my back and too long skinny arms wrapped around my waist. I instantly stiffen up. I knew I couldn't be Kou because instead of warm soft cushion all I felt was hard flesh on my back side. I had a very good idea on who it might be.

"I miss you so much boo." Lisa said squeezing me even tighter against her breast. Clearly she was doing that on purpose, unfortunately not only was her breast small it was a huge turn-off for me.

I removed her hands from my waist and turned to face her. "Did you need something Lisa?"

"As a matter a fact I do," she said as she trailed one perfectly long manicured nail down the front of my white t-shirt. She licked her lips and stepped closer to me. Her overpowering perfume almost made me gag. I also smell alcohol on her breath. "Why don't you take me some where private and let's have some fun. Or it doesn't have to be a private place if you're into that. I'm up for anything." Lisa whispered seductively into my ears. I shuddered from repulsiveness and for the 100th time the thoughts of why I even went out with her in the first place crossed my mind.

I pushed her away before she started humping my leg like a dog in heat. "I'm going to decline you on that invitation. However, I am sure there are multiple guys here that would definitely take you up on that offer. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get myself a drink." I said trying to walk pass her to where the drinks were located.

"No! I won't let you go," Lisa wined as she grabbed my right arm to stop me, "I don't want do it with anyone else but you."

Prying her hands from my arm I replied, "Sorry Lisa, but I only want to be with one person too and that person is not you. So I would advise you to give up on me because I am never going back to you. We might have dated for a while but that was it, there is nothing between us now. I have no feelings for you and I would advise you to move on."

"But I love you!" She yelled as tears streamed down her face. As loud as the music was in the house, I knew we had a few onlookers.

"Unfortunately I do not feel the same for you." I said walking away to finally get my drink. She didn't chase after me but I did hear her say, "I said this once and I'll say it again. Kevin I am not giving up on you!" I zooned her out and just kept walking.

I wanted to get my drink as fast as possible so I could go back to the door to meet Kou when she first arrives. I must not have luck on my side though, about half of my football teammates decided they all wanted to ask me a whole bunch of question at the same time. I was in a hurry to get back, but I couldn't ignore my teammates, they mattered to me.

It was rare but Nate was there too. Nate is a great football player and as much as I hate to admit it he was a pretty cool guy. The thought of him hitting on my beloved Kou makes me dislike him more than I should. Thank god his project with Kou is due next week which would mean he didn't have to spend so much time with her. It will really put my heart at ease.

I was so caught up with my teammates that I forgot about Kou for a bit. It wasn't until I notice that I haven't seen Todd for a while that it dawn to me he might be with Liz. If he was with Liz then that would mean Kou should be here at the party. I walked pass the drinks station heading for the doors when I stopped in my tracks. I saw a short curvy girl with black hair from the corner of my eyes, I knew it was Kou instantly. She was gorgeous. I was stunned speechless at her beauty. I knew she was already beautiful to begin with but she was like a goddess standing before me. I preferred her with glasses but she was beautiful nevertheless.

However something was wrong, her body language showed it all. I was so caught up on Kou that I didn't notice the man standing in front of her. I quickly walk over to them wanting to confront him, but my walk turned to a run when I saw the stranger raise his hand at Kou.

I was so glad I made it in time, I didn't know what I would do if I let Kou get hurt. I was ready to beat the crap of that guy, but Kou decided to stop me instead. I pulled her into a hug and squeezed her tight, I had to know she was alright. She fit perfectly in my arms and I never wanted to let her go ever again. Apparently she must have not felt the same, because here I am chasing after her.

She made her way to the side of the house where the mini garden was located. The garden was surrounded by mini outside lamps and there were hardly anyone outside. For a fall night it was warm out and there was just a slight breeze.

I caught her before she could go any farther. Kou still facing away from me I said, "Kou, we need to talk."

"Well according to you we clearly don't need to talk nor see each other at all." Kou said angrily.

"I'm so sorry," I pleaded, "there is a good reason for what I did."

Kou turned around and looked me straight in the eyes, "Really? Feel free to elaborate on it."

"Well...hmm...You see... I..." I stumbled for the right words. How do I tell her that the reason I couldn't see her was because I realized that I loved her and didn't want her to find out about it.

"Well it must not be a good enough reason then if you can't even tell me about it."

"No Kou, that's not it. I-"

"Kevin I been thinking for a while now" Kou said interrupting me and removing my hand away from hers, "that maybe we are no longer best friends."

I felt the blood drain from my face and time seem to stop. "What are you saying Kou?"

"I'm saying that maybe this gift no longer has a meaning to it." Kou said as she brought both hands behind her neck ready to take off the necklace.

Before she could even reach the necklace I quickly covered the back of her neck blocking the clip of the string, "Don't you dare take that off." I said angrily. I was furious that she would even think to end our friendship.

I closed my eyes to calm myself down. There was no point of being angry it will only make things worst. I tug her closer to me and whisper, "Chipmunk, do you really want to take this necklace off?"

She closed her eyes and shook her head no. I could tell she was fighting back tears. "Then what do you want me to do Kevin?" I heard her say.

"What do you mean?"

Kou opened her eyes. "What I mean is what are we supposed to do? Kevin you know it as much as I do, we are no longer like we use to be. We have both changed, but mostly it has been you. I feel like you are no longer the Kevin I know and loved."

That word hit me like knife right in the heart. It hurts me so much that she can use the word love to me but for it to have a totally different meaning. "But I am." I said.

"No you're not. Kevin there is no use in lying to me, I have known you almost my whole life. I know you better than anyone else and yet lately I feel like I don't know you at all. So please Kevin, just tell me what it is. I promise I will try to help you as much as I can."

"I wish I could but I just can't," I said feeling defeated as I hung my head down looking at the ground and advoiding Kou's eyes.

"Fine, now I can finally understand what you did last week was the right thing to do. I don't think we should see each other or even talk to each other for a while. I think that's what's best for us, if we still want to be friends then I think that maybe some space might do us good." Kou said getting ready to leave, but I was certainly not letting her make her own decisions and walking away.

"Stop Kou, you can't just make up a damn rule without my consent. I didn't even say I agree to your terms." I said.

"Then what do you want me to do Kevin!" Kou yelled clearly irritated. "This past month have been hell for me. Not only did you almost get in a fight with Nate for no reason, but we been getting into fights over trivial things what doesn't even matter. I thought that was already bad enough, but then you decided out of the blue to not only not talk to me but completely cut me out of your life. Then you decide that today you wanted to finally talk and see me again. Kevin I am not some play thing you can just through throw aside whenever you want and except me to come back to you with snap of a finger.

I saw tears stream down Kou's face and I felt my heart break into a hundred pieces. I made her cry, damn. I wipe her tears away with my thumbs.

"Don't," she utter moving away from my touch, "Every time you do something nice I always want to forgive you and as of right now I just can't do that." Kou keep walking away from me and I knew right then that if I let her go our friendship could never be the same again. Yet the consequences would still be the same if she was to stay with me. Kou was right, our relationship is no longer the same. Not since the day I saw Kou as more than a sister to me.

So I did the only thing I told myself I wouldn't do until I was ready to. I would deal with the consequences later, I just couldn't let Kou walk away.

My legs were a lot longer than hers and with a few strides I caught up to her. In one swift motion I wrapped on arm around her waist and pinned her against my chest, not letting her go.

"Let me go right no-"Kou said resisting my touch.

"I love you," I whispered to her loud enough for her to hear. Kou stopped resisting and stood still.

"I know you do." She replied.

"No you don't," I sternly said wrapping my arms tighter around her, "I don't love you as friend, I love you as a man loves a women." I felt Kou's whole body stiffen up and she stood as still as a statue. I turned her around my arms still pinning her to me. I brought my other hand and lifted her chin so she was looking at me. She avoided eye contact. "Chipmunk please say something."

She made eye contact and quietly whisper, "How long have you known?"

"Since the night I ran out of your room." When I saw her confused face I continued, "That night I realized that I loved you. I had Todd to thank for that. It all makes sense, the jealousy I felt every time I saw you with Nate, the need to be with you every moment, and the desire I have right now to hold you in my arms and never let go. Last week on the day of our 11th anniversary I was going to confess to you, but then it dawn to me when you gave me this necklace that you might not feel the same way I do. So I got scared of not only losing you and our friendship but scared that I might blurt out the way I feel for you when I saw you. I couldn't take the risk. It took all my self-control not to call or see you, Kou you have no idea how much I wanted to pick up that phone or rush to hold you ever chance I could. I have miss you so much this past week.

I looked down at her speechless face. I cupped the side of her face with one of my hands. "Kou I know this is a lot to take in but is there a possibility that you feel anything but friendship for me?"

She was quiet for so long I didn't think she would answer my question.

"Kevin, I don't know." Kou finally whisper.

"Then I won't press you further for an answer, but I am going to tell you this. Regardless if you love me right now or not, I'm going to make you fall in love with me. For I'm not giving up on you."

Kou gently push me away from her putting space between us. "Kevin, all of this is too much for me right now. Can you let me think about it for a while, I need to be alone."

I nodded, "I understand. Did you still wanted to go back to the party or would you rather I took you home?"

I smiled a little when she replied, "You already know how much I hate parties anyways. Can you just take me home?"

"I would gladly take you home. Just make sure to text Liz you're leaving with me." With a nod from her I linked our hands together. When she didn't pull away I lead her to my car.

The ride home was a silent one.

----------------------------------------------

As always please.....Vote & Comment....

-loveispriceless 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

7.4M 325K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...
1M 35.8K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
143K 5.8K 29
"How can you say that?!" I yell at him. "It's simple Korinna. You and I will never be friends again. And you can sit there all you want and pretend...
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...