HER ONE AND ONLY

By RhondaLaVyrleJane20

Alexander Hunter,30 First class criminal. Had been jailed for 3 years on account of murder, a name which ever... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
HELP NEEDED
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 18

33.9K 1.1K 104
By RhondaLaVyrleJane20

katdrake2

The next day morning Rose laid down on her bed staring blankly at the fan above her. Her cheeks were stained with tears, her eyes were red and swollen, and her lips were bruised and broken with a small cut at the side. And her heart, her heart was shattered into pieces.

------------------------------------------------------

That evening after Brian crashed his lips onto hers, he bit down on the side of her lips with force which had caused that part to bleed. He pulled back and smirked at her as he got up from the couch and looked at her terrified eyes.
Even though her lips hurt, Rose kept staring at the man in front of her who looked so undeniably evil. She was shocked at what a person he could become within a matter of few seconds.

"I've always been watching you Rose, without your knowledge. And I want you more than anything else."

He then bent down and wiped away the blood on her lips and said.

"You are mine Rose, and this. ." He whispered, as he rested his thumb on her cut and said " will remind you where you belong."

He smiled at her, kissed her on her cheek and left without turning back.

Rose sat there for minutes, minutes turned into hours but she remained seated in the same position looking at the door through which Brian walked away.

------------------------------------------------------

If she thought her life was a mess before , then it now had turned into a dangerously tangled ugly mess. She was scared, she dint know why, but she had a strong feeling that something evil, something bad was nearing her.

She shut her eyes as yesterday's events repeated in her head again and again. She couldn't sleep that night since her nightmares started to return with full force and Rose, was the old Rose once again; broken, bruised and deeply heart broken like never before.

The man whom she thought would never even hurt a fly had shown the monstrous side of him yesterday and the man whom she thought she would never meet, stood in front of her, wanting her.

Brian and his monstrous behaviour scared Rose to death. She never wanted to see him again and she felt a cold shiver rush through her spine when his words repeated in her head.
"I've always been watching you Rose, without your knowledge."

Rose gulped and instantly opened her eyes. She had to go, go to the only place that could provide her with comfort, strength and courage. The only place that was safer than her own house, the only place that would protect her throughout her life and promise for a better tomorrow.

She pushed the blankets off , got down from her bed and made her way towards the bathroom to get ready.

____________________________________

Rose got ready and picked up the keys from the table as she made her way towards the door. She pulled it from outside, shut the door and inserted the key inside the key hole to lock it. She removed the key once the door was locked and put it back into her bag pulling it's zipper close. She kept her hand on the door nob and twisted it once again to check if it's properly closed and turned to leave only to gasp and smash her back against the door with shock and fear.

Brian stood right behind her with his arms folded on his chest, and a small smile played on his lips.

"A little too jumpy today, are we?" He said and widened his smile.

Rose gulped down the fear and stood there silently as she glued her back towards the door.

Brian looked at her frightened form and bent his head down. He sighed and closed his eyes before opening his eyes and lifted his head up .

"Am sorry Rose, forgive me."

They stood there in silence for a few seconds and when he got to know that he wouldn't get an answer from her, he continued.

"I . . . It was not my intention to hurt you Rose. I don't know what possessed me yesterday when I heard his name.I . . I love you. I can't seem to get you out of my head. . Rose, give us----"

"I forgive you." She said before he could complete his sentence.

"Rose I---"

"I forgive you, it's alright. . . I have to be somewhere now, and it's urgent. . . Good bye Brian" she said and walked past him only to be stopped once again. He caught hold of her arm and turned towards her.

"Where are you going? Is..is it him?"

"Church" she said in a surprisingly calm tone. He loosened his grip on her hand and nodded his head.

"I will drop you."

"No. I will be fine by myself. Thank you." She said and walked down her porch and onto the road. The two of them could hear the gravel crunch under her foot steps and soon the sound vanished for Brian. He slipped his fingers through his hair and closed his eyes tightly. After a few seconds, he made his way towards his house. He would have her no matter what. He had set his eyes on her and he would never let her slip away.

Brian was attracted to Rose since the day he first met her on her door step. As days passed by and as they spent more time with each other, attraction turned into liking, liking into love and slowly obsession started to replace love once he started to realise that she had someone else in her heart. He had decided then, that he would never let her go. He helped her get a job in his firm just for one reason; he wanted her close to him. He often brushed his hand on hers when they walked together just because he wanted to feel her soft skin, He used to observe her from his room at their office, as she sat and typed down on the computer. Her each moment had been memorised and he soon began to crave for her. He knew that she started to grow feelings for him, but Alexander cropped up in between them, and this made him loose his temper yesterday. He behaved in a very harsh manner that could not be justified in any way. He would make it up to her, beg her for forgiveness and would give up anything to make her his.

It was simple; Brian wanted Rose. But, he did not know that he had to pay a heavy price for that and he surely did not know that it was next to impossible to take away Rose from Alexander.

--------------------------------------------------

Rose walked through the empty streets as the hot sun burnt her skin. She could not feel physical pain anymore, even her lips did not hurt, because the pain inside her heart was so strong that it nullified all the other pain in her body.

She stood in front of the now familiar gates and looked at the tall structure that stood in front of her. She sighed and made her way inside the church, slowly climbed the steps and halted near the entrance. She stood near the door and looked at the empty hall in front of her, silent and calm with a few candles at the side that were lit on a stand glowing with the prayers offered to God.. She walked through the isle and sat on the front bench at the left side of isle, the same place where she sat the very first time she visited the church.

She kept her bag on the bench and sat there looking at the symbol of peace and harmony. The only person who could give her strength ,courage and love.

Love, the only thing that she she craved to have, to feel. She wanted to know how it felt to be loved, but fate did not give her that opportunity.

It is not a mistake to fall in love with someone, but for her, it was a mistake and it came with a huge price. It took away too many things from her; her courage, strength, life, happiness, family and it took away even him, the only guy whom she always had cherished, may be even now.

She was scared of life , she was unsure of life and nothing scared her more than that. She was broken so deeply that she couldn't get up and repair herself back. She found herself falling into deeper depths of pain and misery.

"Will anyone save me, Lord? " she whispered softly with immense pain to the holy structure in front of her. Her eyes were closed and tears continuously streamed down her face.

"It amazes me how I sat here that day, and did not realise that it was you sitting there."

A deep voice called out and Rose abruptly opened her eyes but did not turn towards the source. She knew the owner of the voice. She knew him well. Just a few hours with him, and every part of him had already sneaked into her soul.

His voice echoed through the empty hall of the church and again silence took over.

She slowly turned towards her right and saw Alexander sitting on the bench just the way he sat that day. He wore the same hypnotising cologne that made her senses go weak. Crisp black suit, neatly trimmed stubble, sharp nose and his beautiful structure sat there on the bench looking straight ahead at the statue of God.

He sighed and closed his eyes, opened it and turned towards Rose. His strong, magical green orbs held her swollen, red, and tiered brown ones. She immediately lowered her gaze and turned her head towards the divine statue. His men informed him about her presence at the church and Alexander immediately left all his work to be with her.

"Have you read the will Rose?." He asked breaking the silence that existed around them.

"Yes, and I don't want to act upon the will. I don't want to marry you." She said without looking at him.

He observed her and said

"Well,Fair enough. . . . . Since you have decided this, I promise on all things holy, that I will get you back. I will make you fall in love with me again ,and I will marry you, with your consent. That day,we will exchange vows right in front of the Lord present here."

He finished and his eyes fell upon the trail of tears that stained her right cheek. He clenched his jaws and turned away his head. He was broken inside. He wanted her to fix him, but he will have to fix her first to make her capable to fix his broken soul.

He realised the value of her love, only when he left her. He kept breaking each day, part by part and survived each year only with a hand full of childhood memories that he could hold onto. Her picture and letter were his only strength. He was determined to get her back, and he wanted her like never before.

Rose was in so much pain at the moment that she was in the verge of breaking down in front of him.

"It's too late for that Alexander." She said in a soft voice, but he could hear her.

"It's never too late for an--"

"Yes it is, it is late. You cannot get me back. You broke me, my heart. You never replied even after I confessed my feelings to you. You threw me like a rag doll. I know I meant nothing to you, but you could at least tell me that you dint feel the same. I died each day after you left, each day was painful because you were not there in my life. I was so deep in love with you, that I drowned and died in those depths without having anyone to save me from those deep depths of love." She said and turned towards him only to be captured by his intense green eyes staring at her with a pained expression. "I thought you would be there, you would pull me from those depths and help me breathe. I thought you would save me from the cruel world and hold my hand as we walked together. I thought you would kiss me and take away all the pain I felt, I thought you would hold me in your arms and say that you would always be with me, I thought you would come back to me, I thought you would give me your heart, I thought you were the one." She said as a tear streamed down her face and she saw his green eyes follow the moment of the tear and when it fell down he looked back at her.
" But all these were mere feelings and thoughts. Nothing was true. You and me were never we. You and I are two different world's that are never meant to be. You and I." She smiled and looked at him. "Will never become one, Alexander Hunter." She said and looked at him for a few seconds before getting up from the bench. She a few steps away from him but stopped and spoke spoke a little louder to the broken soul that sat on the bench

"I am not capable enough to love a person anymore. I am broken,and it is too late to fix my heart. It's better you leave me alone and find someone better."she slowly turned her head towards her left eyeing the large windows across the hall and spoke words that cut deep through his heart.

"You are a good man, find someone with whom you can spend the rest of your life with. and thank you for giving me wonderful memories to hold onto I can never forget you Alex, your there here." She said as she slowly kept her hand on her heart with a smile remembering their happy old days
"Deep inside, locked and chained. I would never be able to pluck you out of me, but I will never be able to love you again."

She said and turned her head forward as she walked away leaving him to wallow in immense pain and agony.

Her footsteps faded and once again Alexander was left all alone in the church as he sat there looking at the statue. Her words pierced his soul and ruthlessly cut him into pieces. But he deserved it. He did break her, he ignored her love. He did it for a reason and he would make things clear in between them once the right time comes. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply before slowly letting it out and opened his eyes simultaneously.

"I will not loose hope Rose, I will come for you, fix you, and make you mine." He said, with a hope that she would listen.

------------------------------------------------------
Hello my lovely readers:*

Thank you for all the support:)
Hope you all are doing good:)
How was the update? Please let me know what you felt about this chapter. Please?

What's Alexander going to do now? And Rose? Will she ever be able to forget him

Give me your opinions, please?

Vote, comment and enjoy.

Until the next update,
INSPIRE19.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 2.7K 41
They both have broken pasts that used to shine with the love they felt, now though now it is different the only thing they feel is pain, sadness, and...
10.9K 306 24
"Give me two hours of your time every day until spring, and if by then you still don't agree to have sex with me... I'll grant you twenty-four hours...
4.8M 125K 59
(Completed) Carrying the bag pack, I run. I run from the man I love. The man who is the father of my unborn children. I brush past the security check...
535K 12.1K 73
Alexander Ridden...a ruthless,controlling man.Who gets what he wants, when he wants, and how he wants it at the snap of his fingers. Until he decide...