I Fell For A Gang Member [EDI...

By SimplyAmber96

When Marco Millet, Kennedy High's bad boy, shows interest in Bailey Hartlem, an inconspicuous school nerd, th... More

PLEASE READ AND REMEMBER!!
Chapter 1 (Rewritten)
Chapter 2 (Rewritten)
Chapter 3 (Rewritten)
Chapter 4 (Rewritten)
Chapter 5 (Rewritten)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 38

28.9K 455 46
By SimplyAmber96

Chapter 38

Preparing

When I got home, my mom was reading a book and my dad was doing bills.

"Hey." I greeted. "How did the dinner go?"

"Hey sweetie." My mom greeted. "It went well. Your father thinks it could've gone better."

"Yes, it could've gone better. I was tongue tied the entire time. If it weren't for your mother, I would probably be fired." My dad said.

"Tim, he wouldn't have fired you. Besides, you did fine. I know you're going to get that promotion."

"Eh, if you say so."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. My dad was probably fine. His nerves are just acting up.

"Marco finished the room. We should go see it." I said.

"Oh, really? Well alright. Come on Tim."

My dad slowly got up. "I still can't believe you trusted him in our house."

"He's a nice boy." My mom said.

"That's what he wants you to think."

We got upstairs and into the room. My breath got caught in my chest when I saw the room The painting was amazing, and I recognized Marco's drawing skills. I couldn't help the smile that came to my face.

"I have to admit." My dad started. "The kid has serious drawing skills."

"It's gorgeous." My mom muttered. "The only things missing are the cribs, dresser, changing table, and toys. We'll go shopping this weekend."

After admiring the room, we all headed back downstairs. I was hungry, so I made a sandwich. I was just finishing, when my mom came into the kitchen.

"Honey, do you think you can run this money over to Marco's?" She asked me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "It'll only take a minute."

"Why can't you do it?"

"Because I'm asking you to. Please?"

"Fine. No one touch my sandwich."

I drove to Marco's house, a little angry. My mom could've done this herself. I'm hungry and she made me leave a perfectly good sandwich. I pulled in front of the familiar yellow house. I parked and got out. I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. I waited a minute. No one answered so I rang the doorbell again and waited. Still no answer. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I dialed Marco's number and waited for him to answer. It rang a few times and he answered. There was yelling and laughing in the background.

"Hey Bailey." He answered. I could barely hear him over the noise.

"Marco? I can't hear you."

"Hold on."

Marco's P.O.V*

I moved away from the guys. They were laughing and yelling as they congratulated Paul. Randy laid on the ground limp. Once far enough away, I tried talking to Bailey again.

"Still there?" I asked.

"Yeah. What's with all the noise?"

"Nothing. What's up?"

"I'm at your house. My mom wanted me to drop of some money to you."

"Oh, uh..."

"Hey Marco! We need help!" Kyle called over to me.

"What do you want me to do with it? It's freezing."

"Just stick it in a pot. I'll be there later." I ended the call and went to help my friends. We picked up the kid and dragged him to a nearby garbage can. We lift him up and put him inside. We close the lid and leave.

We went to the Pizzeria to grab a bite to eat. We ordered two deluxe pizza for all of us to share. We found a booth and sat down. We dug into the pizza. My cell buzzed and I looked to see I had a text message from Bailey. It read:

U hung up on me! What happened 2 'U changed'? I left the money under a rock in front of ur door. Don't even bother talking 2 me after 2day. >=(

I sighed and put my phone down on the table. My gang gave me weird looks.

"What?" I asked.

"I know that look." Eric said. "What did Bailey say?"

"She's mad at me again. I hung up on her so we could dump Randy in the dumpster."

"And it wasn't my fault. All your doing." Dustin said.

"I know. It's like the first week of school all over again."

"Except this time you've already dated her and Bailey is having your kids." Lance said.

We finished our pizza and left. It was starting to get dark and my mom will get worried and not let me leave the house. I pulled into my driveway and saw Justin's car. I groaned and got out. Today is not my day.

As I was walking up to my house, it began to rain. I moved quicker, trying not to get soaked. I got to the front door and was about to unlock it, when I was tackled from the side. Me and the other person fell in the wet grass. So much for not getting soaked.

I looked up at the person who was pinning me down and saw Justin. I forgot that his car was in my driveway.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked.

"I want that match we never got to yesterday." He said. I flipped him over so that I was pinning him down.

"As much as I want to beat the s**t out of you, I'm already soaked."

"You're seriously backing out?"

"No. Like I said..."

"I know what you said. But I think you're just scared. Marco, the tough gang leader who can beat up anyone, is afraid to fight."

Anger filled me and I punched Justin. He gasped then pushed me off of him. I landed on my back and the rain hit me in my face. I quickly got up to see Justin coming towards me. Before I could react, he punched me in the mouth. It stung and I knew I was bleeding.

It seemed forever that we had been throwing punches and kicks. I was sore all over again. I finally got Justin down on the ground again. I kicked him a few times and he winced in pain. I grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him halfway off the ground. I punched and punched him, thinking back to all those times he got closer to Bailey until he took her from me. He was unconscious, but I couldn't stop myself. I punched him until his face was a bloody nothing, his blood running into the grass and getting washed away.

I finally let him go and let him fall onto the ground, unconscious. I wiped my mouth of any remaining blood, and went to go into the house. I'm dirty and my clothes are messed up.

I got inside and felt a little dizzy. My head hurt and the room was a little fuzzy. Justin can throw a really go punch. I walked farther into the house and the room spun more. I decided to just stop and lay down here in the floor. I laid on my back and closed my eyes. Hopefully I won't be too bruised up.

Bailey's P.O.V*

After arriving home, I had eaten my sandwich and did my homework. I'm still upset about Marco hanging up on me. By the noise in the background, I could tell he was up to no good. He's never up to good, but it's winter and I'd think he'd give it a rest for now.

I finished my homework by dinner time. I went downstairs to see what my mom is cooking. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, my mom was pacing around the living room and talking on the phone.

"Are they alright?.... I had no idea.... Good luck, bye." She ended the call and sighed. She realized I was in the room and came over to me. "Did something happen yesterday while we were gone?" She asked me.

"Depends on what the situation is." I answered.

"Ms. Ramirez came home to a bloody, knocked out Justin, on her lawn. And when she got inside, Marco was knocked out in the middle of her living room floor."

"Oh, well uh... They got into it yesterday, but I was able to stop it. I didn't know they were going to do this."

My mom sighed and went into the kitchen. I thought about Marco and Justin. They must've really gotten into it if they were both past out. I hope they didn't use knifes. I don't think Marco would be able to take another blow. They must've run into each other not long after I left. I hope they're not too hurt.

4 Weeks Later

I went to my weeks 28 check up with my mom. I don't go with Marco anymore, and I especially don't go with Justin. Marco is back in school, but he had bruises and a busted lip. They're all healed now. Marco did as I asked, he didn't talk to me after the day he hung up on me. I could see that he wanted to, but he was respecting my wishes. That's not going to change anything.

After my checkup, my mom took me shopping for nursery furniture. We ended up getting two maple wood cribs and a maple wood dresser. We looked through strollers and I found a really adorable one for twins. One side said sis, and the other side said bro. It was the cutest thing. We got that and we called it a day.

"Do you want a baby shower?" My mom asked me as we walked to the car.

"I hadn't really thought about it. I guess I should have one. It'll be fun and I might get to catch up with some people I haven't seen in a while. It would also help with products for the babies."

"Alright. We'll throw you a baby shower before the twins are born."

"They're most likely to be born at 36 weeks or more. So anywhere around there is fine with me."

"I'm doing all the planning, so you don't have to worry about anything. You need to focus on your school work. Once the twins are here, you won't have much time for anything. We want you to get into a good college. And I know you want that as well."

"Of course, thanks mom."

Once home, we brought the boxes upstairs and began putting the cribs together. I was so excited to finally be getting the nursery together. My dad helped with putting some of it together. We got halfway done with the first crib and called it a night. I had school tomorrow, and I needed my sleep.

When I arrived at school the next day, I was surprised to see three cop cars out front. People were gathered around and giving confused looks. I quickly parked and got out. What had Marco and his gang done now?

I rushed as fast I could to the entrance of the school. I saw my friends and went over to them.

"Hey." I greeted. They looked up at me as I approached. "What's going on?"

"We don't know." Hannah said. "The police showed up and went inside. They haven't come back out yet. I'm sure it has something to do with Marco and his friends."

People were whispering and gasping. I even caught some people looking at me. Finally the police officers came back with Marco and his gang in cuffs. I sighed. They all looked annoyed. Some of them even tried to struggle free.

"Will they ever change?" Kassia asked.

"I hope it's not serious." I muttered. "The twins will be here in three months. Maybe even less. He has to be there for the birth. I'll never forgive him if he isn't."

They put Marco and his gang into the cop cars and then they were gone. People murmured a few last things before dispersing and moving on to something else.

"Bailey, don't get stressed about it." Spence said. "I'm sure it's nothing serious. I bet he'll be back in school tomorrow."

"I hope so."

Marco's P.O.V*

The tightness of the cuffs made my wrist hurt. Randy's mom pressed charges, but it took her an entire month. Either that, or it took a month for the cops to get to it. I sat next to Kyle and he looked as annoyed as I am.

"Do you think we'll go to court again?" He asked me in a whisper.

"I hope not. We'll get sent to jail. I have to be there for the birth of my kids. I won't be able to live with myself if I'm not there."

"What took Randy's mom so long to press charges?"

"I don't know, but I'm really pissed off about it."

"I think we all are."

We pulled in front of the station and they yanked us all out from the backseat. We trudged up the stairs and into the station. Everything looked familiar and ordinary. I have the right to call this place my third home. The principal's office is my second.

They sat us in some chairs that were lined up in a row. They walked away, leaving us alone for a while.

"Marco," Chase started. "How are we going to get out of this? I'm have a feeling we're in for a big one. Some of us can be tried as adults."

"Just calm down. Don't freak out. We'll make it out of this one. If something bad happens, I'll take the blame. This is my fault anyway."

"But..." Dustin started.

"I'm the leader, so I make the major decisions. I'll take the blame and you all get the hell out of here. Got it?" They all nodded. "Good."

It felt like forever past when the cops finally came back. They brought us into a room and sat us down at a table. They took the cuffs off us and I rubbed my aching wrists. I hate when they use those. Why do they have to be so tight, and cold?

A thick man came into the room. His hair was turning grey and his hair line was receding. He wore a grey suit and an unhappy look.

"Long time no see Sherriff Jones." I greeted as he sat in a chair across from us. "You're looking great."

"Shut up Marco. Sucking up won't do you any good."

"Sucking up? Who's sucking up? I was just..."

"I said shut up."

"Fine."

Sherriff Jones yawned and scowled at us. He seemed angrier than usual today which is bad for us.

"Do you know why you're here?" He asked us.

"Because you missed us?" Kyle asked with a smirk. I held in a laugh.

"Quit with the nonsense." Sherriff Jones said angrily. "You're in here because you beat a kid up and threw in a dumpster. His mother is pressing charges and with good reason. HE could've suffocated."

"We're deeply sorry." Chase said with a serious look. I would've believed him if I didn't know him so well. Sherriff Jones seemed to almost believe him, but shook it off.

"Enough of the tricks. Ms. Carver wants to take this to court. I'm calling your parents to let them know."

Sherriff Jones was getting up and leaving. I could see the panic in my gang's eyes. They wouldn't be able to survive in jail. Me either. And we'd come out tougher and meaner if we don't end up dead.

"Wait! Sherriff Jones, please try and change Ms. Carver's mind. At least for my friends. It was all my idea. All of it."

"I can't do that, son. Good luck to ya."

"Please, just try? Can imagine what would happen to us if we go to jail?"

"Not my problem. Besides, it'll keep you out of my station. And who said anything about jail? All you have to do is state your side and them there's. Everything else is up to the judge."

"That's the problem. We already have a warning."

"Can't help you. You're on your own."

I groaned and kicked the table. This is the worst way to start the day. And what will my mom say? She's going to be more than pissed. And if I end up in jail, I may lose Bailey forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's the chapter! I'm aa little curious of what's going to happen next, myself. I know that sounds weird, but it's what happens when I write. Tell me what you think. And another thing, my freind says she thinks Marco and Bailey are cute together (When they were still together) Tell what you thought. Were they a cute couple??

Didn't edit. Picture is of Marco after the fight with Justin. Also a picture of what the cribs look like. And the strollers. ->

Please COMMENT, vote, and/or fan. Thanks! ;-D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5 0 18
Simon and Jasper are best friends and have been since middle school. Jasper is charming, funny, charismatic and a player. Simon is kind, sweet, loyal...
283K 5.8K 42
What will happen when good girl Katie bumps into bad boy Cameron Dallas He's the type of boy your parents warned you about!
146K 5.1K 40
Riley Adams, a high school senior who has everything. Brandon Gray, a high school senior who despised everything. One thing they have in common... Th...