Laundry Boy (Currently Editin...

By LostinWonderlandxD

Seventeen year old Casper Reynolds and his goofy laidback best friend Eric live and breathe surfing. Living i... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter Fourteen

166 20 4
By LostinWonderlandxD

Here's an update!! Sorry it's been a few days.

~Please excuse any and all mistakes~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been two weeks since my fight with Raegan and the discovery of my parents divorce. It's about Mid-July now, summer's already half-way over.

I'm leaning against the porch railing watching as my dad packs the last of his stuff into his precious car. He stuffs the last box into the trunk and struggles to close the door. Probably overstuffed from all his monkey suits.

I roll my eyes when he finally shuts it and makes his way over to me. He awkwardly stops in front of me and shoves his hands into the pockets of his expensive suit.  I cross my arms over my chest and stare at him. I won't be the one to break the silence. I won't give him that satisfaction.

"Well I guess this is the part where we say goodbye." He starts. I just stare at him emotionlessly. He clears his throat before continuing. "You know that you can come visit me in Miami anytime, once I'm settled in. " He offers.

"Yeah, don't count on that happening anytime soon." I retort, clenching my jaw.

"Casper-" He starts but, is cut off by Courtney and Carter walking out the door, followed by my mom. He sighs and turns to the rest of the family he's abandoning.

Courtney walks down the stairs and wraps her arms around him. The hug is short and half-hearted. She pulls away and doesn't look at him as she walks back up the steps to stand by mom. I follow after her.

My dad waits for Carter to come down but, he clings to moms legs, and just stares at him. She nudges him gently and he hesitantly walks down the steps. He stops in front of our dad and stares up at him. My dad kneels down to his height and looks him in the eyes.

"I love you so much Carter. Don't ever think otherwise okay?" Our dad says. Carter nods softly, tears spilling out of his eyes and rolling down his little cheeks. They hug and then Dad stands up nodding to mom. She looks away a flash of pain crossing her face. I wrap my arm comfortingly around her shoulder.

He walks to his car and just when he's about to get in Carter starts screaming.

"Don't leave!" He shouts running down the stairs. "Daddy! Don't leave! Please! Don't leave!" He cries. My dad still gets in the car, with a slightly pained look on his face, and backs out of the driveway. I run down the steps, catching Carter around the waist before he can start chasing after him. I pull him back towards my chest, his little body convulsing with sobs.

"Shh." I whisper over and over, gently rocking him. I pick him up after a few minutes and bring him into the house. His little arms cling around my neck, his face pressed into my chest.

"Come on, bud." I whisper. Mom and Courtney walk into the house and I trail after them still carrying Carter. My mom looks over at me and puts and finger to her lips. She makes a sleeping gesture and points at Carter. I nod my head in acknowledgment and carry him up to his room.

I softly lay him on his bed and pull a blanket over him. I walk out of the room closing the door behind me and join my mom and sister downstairs.

They have a bunch of blankets and pillows scattered across the floor, and Courtney just finished putting a movie in.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" I asked softly. They both looked up at the sound of my voice.

"We thought we'd have a movie night." My mom answered.

"Like we used to when we were little." Courtney added. I smiled and joined them on the mass of Bed, Bath, and Beyond products. Obviously it was all from the bed part of the store.

"What are we watching?" I asked shoving a handful of freshly popped popcorn into my mouth.

"Just Go With It." She answered simply. I nodded my head in approval. I think this movie has Adam Sandler in it, he's pretty funny. The three of us settled down and Courtney pressed the play button. The movie started.

It felt a little weird not to be discussing what happened. I mean Dad literally just packed his things and drove off but, at the same time I don't think any of us are quite ready to discuss it. Let alone acknowledge that it just happened.

Movie night is our way of coping. And surprisingly I'm okay with that.

A couple of movies later both mom and Court were passed out. I decided to shoot a text to Eric.

Hey man, you up for Sandy's

A couple seconds later my phone buzzed, indicating I had a response.

Yeah definitely, want me to come get you?

I responded with:

Nah, I'll take my moms' car.

I left a note telling my mom that I was borrowing the car and that I'd have my phone with me incase she needed to get ahold of me.

Grabbing the keys and my wallet I headed out to the Jeep and started driving to Sandy's.

I frowned at the traffic and tapped the steering wheel impatiently. After about fifteen minutes or so, I pulled into the parking lot. Parking the car, I hopped out and walked into Sandy's.

Out of habit I started walking to mine and Eric's booth. I saw him sitting there sipping a drink. I'm gonna take a wild guess, and say it's Mountain Dew. Across from him sat an Orange Fanta. I smiled a little and slide into the booth, gratefully taking a sip of the drink.

"So how'd it go?" He asked concern filling his voice. I shrugged a little. Eric knew my dad would be leaving today. I told him everything the day after I found out my parents were getting a divorce.

"Does anything like that ever go well?" I ask a little bitterly. He winced and looked at me apologetically.

"Sorry man. You're right." He said. I shook my head.

"No, I'm sorry." I apologized. "You were just asking a question. To answer it; it sucked." I said running a hand through my hair.

"What happened?" He asked in concern.

"Court and my mom wouldn't even look at him and Carter freaked out. He kept begging him to stay." I said my voice breaking a little on the word stay. "Obviously he didn't. He completely ignored Carter and drove off." I explained taking another drink.

"What about you?" Eric asked. I looked at the table and let out a deep sigh.

"I-I didn't know what to do. I felt so helpless...and angry." I admitted, running a frustrated hand through my hair. "I don't know how to help them man." I said weakly, my shoulders slumping. Eric reached across the table and put a hand on my shoulder, I looked up at him.

"All you can do, is be there for them." He stated, then removed his hand. I nodded my head, shaking my shoulders a little, as if trying to shake away the grief.

"Yeah." I said. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks bro." I said smiling a little. He shrugged his shoulders.

"What are brothers for?" He answered.

We stayed there for a while. Talking about surfing, new movies, the looming school year. Basically anything besides my family drama.

And then Eric got an uncomfortable look on his face. And a feeling of dread and anticipation settled over me; I know that look. It's his, I-don't-want-to-say-something-but-you-have-to-hear-it, look. I sighed staring at him.

"What is it dude?" I asked. He bit his lip.

"Raegan's been asking about you." He stated. "I told her you're going through some stuff right now."

I sighed dragging a hand down my face. With all the crap that has been going on these last two weeks, I haven't had a chance to talk to her. Okay...so that's probably an excuse. Scratch that. It's definitely an excuse.

But, what am I suppose to say to her? "Sorry I have feeling for you and you don't feel the same way. Sorry I kissed you and then basically self destructed on you at the beach. And sorry for ignoring you for two weeks, my parents are getting a divorce."

Yeah 'cause that's a great conversation starter.

"Look, I'm not saying you have to talk to her man." Eric said. I sighed a little.

"So what are you saying?" I asked a hint of sarcasm oozing into my words. Eric shrugged.

"I don't know. I guess you should give her a chance." He suggested, then added, "Whether you like it or not, the two of you are good for each other." I raised an eyebrow at him and he let out a exasperated huff. "I don't know, you guys' balance each other out, or some crap." He exclaimed.

I couldn't help but, laugh a little at that. "Whatever you say man."

He shot me a disappointed look. "She's worried about you bro. If you don't want to give her a chance, at least let her know. Don't leave her hanging." He said while putting some money on the table. "I've got to run. My mom needs some help. I'll catch you later?" He asked. I nodded my head and half-heartedly waved goodbye.

I glanced around and realized that I haven't seen Sandy anywhere. She must have the day of today. I sighed and threw some money down for my drink. Walking out to the car I hopped in and started driving.

If you asked me where I was going, I wouldn't have been able to tell you. But, somehow I found myself at my rock. The one I used to come to with my dad; the one I showed Raegan.

I hopped out of the car and started walking. When I got there I realized someone was sitting on it. I stopped walking and stared at the person. They turned around a little, their eyes widening with surprise at the sight of me.

Raegan quickly stood up dusting off her shorts, and stood there awkwardly, not quite sure what to say. Neither did I.

"I'm sorry." She blurted out. "I shouldn't have just assumed that the kiss didn't mean anything to you. And I shouldn't have accused you of sending me out in the water as payback. I know you would never do that. And did I mention that I'm sorry?" She said quickly. I was just barely able to understand her, she spoke so quickly.

Without answering I walked over to the rock and sat on it, patting the spot next to me, I looked up at her. She hesitantly smiled and sat down.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. And I'm sorry I pushed you to do something that you weren't comfortable doing. I just wanted to help." I also apologized. She shook her head fiercely.

"You have nothing to apologize for! I was being a snob." She answered.

"And I was being an inconsiderate jerk." I shot back smiling wryly. She smiled a little and shrugged her shoulders helplessly.

"How about we call it, even?" She asked. I pretended to consider for a moment before shaking her hand.

"Fine, we're even." I said smiling. We sat in silence for a few moments before Raegan looked at me. She looked like she wanted to ask me something. I rose an eyebrow in question.

"Yes?" I asked. She looked away and started playing with the hem of her shirt.

"It's just...Eric said that you were going through something. I just...I wanted to know if you're okay?" She asked in concern. I let out a breath of hair and ran a hand through my hair.

"Honestly?" I asked. She hesitantly nodded her head.

"My parents are getting a divorce." I said. Her mouth formed an 'o' shape. She stared at me awkwardly for a few seconds before glancing away.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly, then added, "Divorces suck." She out a large breath causing her side bangs to fly away from her face.

"Yeah." I responded, nodding my head in agreement.

We at there quietly, basking in each other's company. I didn't see her for two weeks and if I'm being honest, I missed her company. A lot.

Maybe Eric's right. Maybe we are good for each other.

"Want to go in the water?" I asked quietly. She hesitated for a split second before a look of determination crossed her face.

"Yeah, I do." She answered.

I grabbed her hand and we raced towards the water. At the water line I shed my shirt and she took of her shirt and shorts leaving her in her bathing suit. We walked a little ways into the water and suddenly I was struck with an idea.

Grinning evilly I reached towards the water and sent a splash of it in her direction. She looked at me in shock before a wicked grin spread across her face. Uh oh.

"Oh it's on!" She exclaimed sending a giant wave my way. And then a water fight broke out. We splashed each other like crazy. Suddenly she leaned over, catching me by surprise, she dunked me underwater!

I popped back up , grabbing her by the waist I tossed her little. Her head went under the surface and she popped back up a cheery grin on her lips. I swam over to her grinning softly.

"Raegan look." I whispered. She looked at me in confusion and then glanced around. We were quite a ways away from the shore and I couldn't touch the ground anymore, which meant she definitely couldn't. Her eyes widened but, the smile didn't leave her face.

"Casper," She started her eyes glimmering with happiness. "I'm not scared!" She shrieked, incredulous laughter erupting from her.

I laughed, grinning proudly. "See I told you, that you're ready." I said softly. She swam over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. It almost made both of us go under but, somehow we managed to stay afloat.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"You're welcome." I answered, swallowing thickly. She pulled back a giant grin on her face.

"Come on, I want to try surfing now!" She shouted swimming for the shore. I hesitated. Is she ready for that?

I watched her retreating form. I started swimming after her.

Of course she's ready.

I drove us to the hotel beach and we walked down to the shack. I grabbed a board for her and my board. As we walked towards the water I left mine on the shore, deciding that I didn't need it yet. I had to help her first a few times.

I called out instructions to her. Like, when to paddle, when to stand, or if she needs to bail. She didn't go all the way out to the line up. She just surfed the small ankle-breakers. The first few tires she fell but, she didn't freak out. Instead she just kept trying.

She started paddling trying, to catch the wave.

"Faster!" I called out. I saw her arms start pumping even faster. She had a look of grim determination on her face.

"Stand!" I yelled! "Hurry stand! Bend your knee's!" I shouted in excitement. She was little wobbly but, she was standing. I cheered for her, fist pumping the air. When the ride was over she paddled back to me.

"Oh my gosh, did you see that?" She exclaimed. "I did it!!" She squealed, throwing her arms around me. I was caught by surprise but, after the initial shock wore off, I slid my arms around her waist.

"Congratulations Raegan." I said softly. She pulled back and looked up at me.

"I couldn't have done it without you." She answered. I stared at her biting my lip, my gaze drifted to her lips and then back to her eyes. I quickly shook my head and stepped back. I didn't want a repeat of what happened last time, I tried to kiss her. She made it clear that we're only going to be friends.

I could have imagined it but, I thought I saw a look of disappointment flit across her face but, it was gone as soon as it came.

"Come on, I think we need to have a redo dinner. The last one was a big fail." I said smiling and tossing her a towel. She smiled back, drying off.

"Okay."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

There we go! Chapter Fourteen...

I hope you guys' enjoyed it! Let me know in the comments what you thought(:

I can't believe Christmas Break is almost over. I don't want to go back to school v.v

Seriously though, it feels like it just started and now it's ending. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 32K 51
This is back up! I never got around to editing it because I didn't have the time like I thought I would. Enjoy this and the sequel. Isabelle was jolt...
1.5K 209 47
"Is it still a no?" He asked, his voice was deep yet soft at the same time. "Hard and cold." "Oh, come on, Lou! Live a little. I can be your tour gui...
235 29 42
*WARNING!! This story contains mature content* "You must be Adoma, I'm Jason Carter" he smiled softly, sticking his hand out for an introduction. 𝑻...