lovestruck † hs

By the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 45

2.2K 43 13
By the1dfanfics

Harry's POV

You can probably imagine how hard it is to plan a birthday for someone who doesn't quite care for the occasion. But it is much harder doing that for someone you love wholeheartedly, and it is the first birthday you've ever spent with them, and you are dying to let them know that their birthday signifies more than just the day they came into this world. You want to show them that it isn't a day that just holds a simple title, because it is an amazing day; because without that day, without them, you wouldn't be as happy as you are now.

I can only hope she likes what I have planned. I tried to be secretive, and I didn't speak with her much yesterday in the morning because I needed to plan, and I know that had her frustrated, the adorable, controlling part inside of her needing to know everything that is going on, that part of her hating being left out. That part of her drives me insane, but it's more to love. I know how much it bothered her that I had to ignore her calls.

I phoned her cousins, and both had time to meet with me, tricking Rachel to leave the house. They sent her out shopping, getting her to buy them groceries they already had, which made me feel bad, but it was a way to get her out nonetheless. I met the two at their flat to see if they could help me decide what to do for her. I needed a feminine opinion, especially from these girls who knew her well. Though they definitely don't know her as well as me, but it's good to get other's perspectives. I wanted this planned perfectly, to hopefully change Rachel's thoughts on birthdays.

I think her cousins have gotten more used to me, though they were quite bubbly when I arrived at the door.

"Well, do you have any presents for her?" Hayley asked me expectantly.

I nodded, "Of course. I really just need your help to decide what to do with her, for our date." I feel like she would love to go out; she loves getting ready and dressing up. But she loves it as much as she does staying in, picking her hair up, putting on a shirt of mine, and having a face clear of makeup, which she clearly doesn't need. It's her birthday though, she should get something extravagant, right?

Jennifer steps in, "We are happy to help you, tell us what you're thinking."

"I could take her out.." I begin, but I notice the uncertainty on their faces. "What? She loved it last time."

"Yeah, she did, but you didn't hear the entire news story they said on the news about you two days afterwards, and you definitely did not see her face when she saw herself on the news. I know she told you, but like the girl she is, she keeps a lot to herself. Taking her out is okay, but not somewhere so high end or on the map this time," Jennifer told me, and I frowned. I knew there was a story on the news about us, she did call me about it, but why would she hide her true feelings about it from me? This is something we'd need to talk about, to discuss she should never listen to those things.

"I should have known about her reaction," I mumbled, shaking my head. "So, stay in then?"

"I don't see fit just staying in and having pizza with sweats on.. I mean she would like that probably, but save that for a different occasion, like a relaxed date. She's not much of a fancy girl." Hayley shrugged, then she got tense. "Wait, you are definitely having her stay the night though, right? Maybe it'll be the night--"

"That's their business," Jennifer interrupted and I was damn glad she had. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, thinking that coming here maybe wasn't the best idea. We stayed silent for a while, and before I decided to just get up and go, Jennifer blurted,"Ooh! Did you hear about the fair?"

"The one in town?"

"Yeah! That would be so cute!" She squealed, followed by Hayley and the both rambled on about how adorable she and I would be there.

So, the fair it is.

I don't know how much paparazzi can follow us into that crowed of an area, so I can only hope it isn't a horrible day, and that my plans come together with any qualms. I mean, last time I took her into London to the restaurant, but the fair is in Hampstead, so hopefully not many can follow us there. Obviously fans will catch us though, but usually they aren't as bad. Usually.

I was about to leave their place yesterday when Rachel arrived, shocked I was there, and to my surprise, her cousins helped me out of an interrogation from her, backing up my lie. I don't like lying to her, but saying I was invited to dinner maybe is just a fib, since I ended up eating with her and her cousins, who really aren't all bad company. I ended up spending the night with her here, a first for me. I've seen her bedroom before, it's small, and the bed is just big enough for the both of us, but no matter where we are sleeping, I will always sleep better with her. She usually finds her way to my arms, and I keep her there, plain and simple.

I have been up for the past ten minutes or so, the smell of coffee lingering under the space from her closed door. It's nearly noon and I'm surprised she's actually slept this long, being the controlled, early riser she is. I want her to sleep, I will let her have whatever she wants today, because it's her day. It makes sense why she's exhausted, we did talk late last night into the morning, Rachel wanting to get stuff out of me but I denied everything.  I kept wanting to change the subject on her, but she was so headstrong to the point where she thought climbing on top of me and teasing me would work, which in a different case it would, but I held my ground, much to her dismay. She actually fell asleep mid-scolding and in the best way, still resting in my embrace.

I've been using this time to admire her, every detail. The way she sleeps is undeniably cute. She's sort of in a ball, her knees up and tucked into her chest, and her arms are currently close and wrapped around her as well, like she's hugging herself. Her eyes flutter, lashes batting every so often as I hope she dreams of something good. One thing I love about her is her breathing is a bit loud, and she would deny so, but it bothers me none. She would find it as an imperfection, be completely self conscious about it, but the sound is rather soothing. I talk in my sleep anyway, but her sleeping with me has made me sleep better, so breathing audibly is not any problem. Once in a while, a smile curls slowly on those beautiful lips of hers. I can't help but kiss her forehead right now.

At the touch of my lips she makes a sigh of delight, my favorite of her noises. Yes, I've decided that's the one. She does it more than she knows; when I kiss her, hug her, come home, or after laughing. That sigh fills my ears with delight like music. Sure, her laughs, moans, gasps, and just her damn voice are also my favorites, but that sigh of happiness is priceless. Once I pull back, her eyebrows furrow and she whimpers. I watch as her lips purse into a pout. Before I can kiss her again out of my need to make her smile again--and well, this is fun and fucking adorable, she actually opens her eyes, meeting mine first sight.

At first she looks at me dreamily, softly smiling at my presence and moving slowly to stretch her muscles. Then her realization kicks in like I knew it would and her big, ocean blue eyes go wide. I love this crazy, time-obsessed woman.

"Harry? What time is it? How long have I..." she drifts off, sitting up rather quickly, and I move in the bed to lean my back against the headboard, resting my head on my hands. I watch her freak out over the time, gasp pretty loudly, and I can't contain my smile at my girl.

"Harry! It's already past noon? Why'd you let me sleep? I should have gotten my day started hours ago," Rachel complains, sort of panicky. I keep myself from giggling at her, the way she freaks out is too damn cute. Rachel starts talking to herself the way she doesn't think I notice. "I'm just lucky I don't have dance or work today, I'd missed it!" Then she dives into full thought, eyes searching in the distance, probably thinking what she possibly has to do today that she's been delayed from.

I clear my throat to stop myself from laughing. "Baby?"

Clearly being taken out of her thoughts, she looks back up at me, awaiting my comment. I move from my position, crawling on the bed to meet her as she's sat in the center, the sheets tangled around her waist and gorgeous curves. She looks stunning, just after waking up with her short hair--which is adorable--wavy and tangled. I lift her onto my lap, and her expression softens but is laced with confusion. I suddenly realize she's really forgotten what day it is.

"I think you've forgotten what day it is."

Her arms latch around my neck, legs wrapping around my waist. I love when we sit like this, so fucking connected. She looks up in thought before answering. "No, it's Thursday."

That makes me laugh, and I feel horrible because she is clueless, and of course I'm only making her feel even more confused. Once I stop myself, I tell her. "I was going more for your birthday, princess."

Her eyes go wide, cheeks turning a bright shade of red. "Oh...well I feel a bit stupid.. I just never celebrated, you know that. I've forgotten before; the last time I was home for it before college, like four years ago, my mom reminded me about it once when I walked into the kitchen in the morning and she simply said 'Happy Birthday, here's you're gift', and I think that year I got a notebook or something."

I'd love to snap at her parents way of treating her, call them and ask them why the hell they really didn't care, but it's her birthday. I'd like to keep sanity and good mood for her, for one day. Lord knows the last days have been rough, with people trying to take my girl and all. "I know, but I'm going to make this year different."

"Are you now?" she smirks, poking my nose with her finger before wrapping her hand back around my neck again. I fucking love when she's like this, challenging me, poking me, it brings me to the edge.

"Oh yes I am baby, care for a sneak peek?" I just want to drive her wild, to get her carefree today. I do not want her to be worried about time, or plans today, I want her to let loose.

"Enlighten me," Rach obliges, raising a brow. Instantly I flip her to her back, climbing over her and attacking her lips and pajama covered body in kisses. Her soft giggles ring in my ears, making a stupid grin surface on my face. She's fully aware I'm currently only in boxer shorts, and just in case she isn't, I'm gonna make sure she knows.

"H..Harry..." I have her whispering my name in seconds and I fucking wish she wasn't wearing those damn fluffy pajama pants and my shirt, though they sure are soft against me. She should either be in my shirt, or not clothed at all.

Rachel writhes underneath me, and I begin to move my lips up her body, my hands sliding up underneath my shirt that covers her from me. I squeeze her gently and her eyelids flutter and I can't help but groan when her fingers run through my hair, tugging at it.

She's pulling me closer, begging for more, until I have her pouting when I sit up. We both try to catch our breaths and she doesn't stop her pretty little pouting.

"You stopped why?" my girl crosses her arms, glaring up at me.

"Because it was only the trailer for this evening," I lean back down to kiss her lips, before pulling her back up with me, and she sits right back on my lap, legs still wrapped around me.

Rachel rolls her eyes. "Well then I guess we should get up, no point in wasting time when you clearly have plans for today." Her tease has me chuckle, and then she whispers, as if what she's saying isn't naughty enough. "Plus, starting our day will let us finish it sooner."

This girl. This girl I love so damn much, who's afraid to say something naughty in a room we're alone in, who sleeps in damn fluffy pants, who doesn't believe in birthdays snaps my boxer waistband against my skin and kisses my lips before sliding off my lap and the bed, waiting for me to start this day with her, and I sure as hell am going to join her. And we will end it together, Rachel finally getting the celebration she deserves.

Rachel's POV

I'm not sure what thoughts are whirling through Harry's mind right now, but his smile is wild when he gets up from the bed and tugs on his jeans. I really don't want to take off his shirt and wear my own right now, and I'm lucky he doesn't make me. He takes my hand and leads me out into the hallway where clearly I can tell my cousins have made coffee. We walk into the kitchen and my cousins are chatting there, but all the chatter stops when they look at Harry and I, mainly Harry and his chest and I feel a deep pang of jealousy seep in me. I don't want them looking at him like that. Maybe I should have taken off his shirt.

"Morning ladies," Harry speaks first and both of them, like the damn twins they are, turn red and reply in unison. Harry notices my anger and must have caught on. He tugs me from my inner rage into his arms, wrapping them around me and placing a kiss to my temple. My cousins finally focus on me, as if I finally became present.

"Happy birthday, girly!" Jen exclaims, clapping after setting down her coffee mug.

"Twenty-one at last!" Hayley shouts.

About time you focus on the damn birthday girl instead of her shirtless boyfriend, I want to say, but I thank them and smile. After all, I'm not the birthday loving type, so I wouldn't use that as a form of sass, and Harry's shirtless body is for me to admire, and me to touch.

"Have any plans for today? It's already almost half past noon," Jennifer reaches into the cabinet and takes out cereal for me, and I start to protest but she shakes me off, wanting to get my food for me.

I look behind me to Harry in regard to her question, and find him looking right down back at me.

"Well, I would hate to give off any surprises. I will have to go to my place in a bit to get everything ready though, so I'm afraid I'll be back around six to pick you up and take you, is that alright?"

Harry having to leave gets me a little sad, anxious, and excited at the same time. How long he needs to get this date ready is intriguing, not that I think it would be too different from a normal date. A birthday is simply a title to me, and I don't really see the specialness of the occasion anymore, but I will give Harry a chance to change that.

"Yeah, I guess so," I tell him, wrapping my arm around his waist to hug him.

Harry leaves after I eat my breakfast, and my cousins decide they are going to celebrate with me until I have to get ready for Harry.

"So what do you all want to do?" I ask them.

"How about...give you your gifts, yeah?" Hayley suggests.

"Fine by me."

The girls scurry to their rooms and come out with a few presents, Jen's wrapped neatly and Hayley's...could use improvement. I'm led to the couch and we sit down, all the presents scattered on the coffee table.

"Do mine first!" Jennifer pleas, handing hers over.

I take it and open it, being the type to open the box carefully. That makes my cousins impatient, and I have to then rip perfectly good wrapping paper.

The first box has a beautiful sweatshirt inside, something I remember spotting at the mall the last time we went together. I'm very surprised she remembered.

"Thank you," I smile, standing up to give her a quick hug before returning to the couch for Hayley's.

When I take Hayley's gift, something about her smile makes my stomach fill with butterflies. What the hell did she buy?

I hesitate to open it and then she speaks. "Go on!"

Underneath the messy tissue paper I find something black and possibly lacy, obviously knowing it's clothing. When I reach to pull it out, another article of it falls to my lap. Lingerie.

"Really?" I ask her, and her smile is so amused I want to slap it off.

"Oh come on," she fusses, "I know you have use for it. Harry will love it too, it's a win for both of you."

I look at the two practically non-existent articles of undergarments, astonished at how revealing they are. I've seen worse, but this makes a close second.

"You could thank me, love," Hayley rolls her eyes, though clearly still amused.

"Thanks..."

"Okay! Last one is from both of us!" Jennifer interferes, setting a box on my lap and pulling the lingerie along with the bag it came in away from me.

I stare at the box, then lift it up and shake it a bit, hearing some hard things in there. I swear if there are any intimate items in this..

Hayley reads my thoughts, "No, it doesn't have sex toys or some shit in there, don't get your knickers in a twist."

My eyes glare up at her before I shake my head and sigh, I hope she's right. I tear off the paper and open it to find CDs with Harry's and the other boys faces on them. It's all five of their albums. I pick them up, looking at the first that reads 'Up All Night', and seeing such a young Harry, a smile creeping up on my lips.

"You guys...this is so sweet of you," I look at both of them, sincerely.

"I thought you would love it," Jennifer says, patting herself on the shoulder.

Hayley huffs, "Okay, you were right. Damn."

"Thank you guys, let me put this stuff away, okay?" I get up and grab all of my gifts, wanting to leave the lingerie here but I probably should just take it.

"We can clean up while you do that, and then when you come back and we finish, we can think of something fun to do, yeah?" Jennifer asks me as I walk down towards the hallway to my room.

"Yes!" I call out.

I get to my room and close the door, the sounds of my cousins cleaning getting shut out. I set the folded sweater and...undergarments down on my bed and stare at the albums in my hand, looking at just how much Harry changed over the course of years. I haven't seen many past pictures of him, but he looks so charming and cute in these photos, that curly hair of his definitely sticking through all these years. Hayley and Jen must have remembered me saying that I never have even heard all of their music, barely any of it for that matter. It makes me feel bad, but this helps a lot.

The sound of my phone ringing takes me away from my thoughts and I place the albums down along with my other gifts. I snatch my phone from the nightstand to see my father's name on the screen. If it's my father, or even my mother, I know it's on speaker phone anyway. I haven't spoken to my mother since...well, since she told me she speaks to Jacob, and since she also sounded like she disowned me. This ought to be fun.

"Hello?"

"Hey Rachel," my father's voice sounds through the speaker. He was always a little more loose than my mother, surprisingly, however they can relate on many levels.

"Hello dad," he was the parent that did not really enjoy being addressed 'father'. I call my mother, 'mother' because she was always stricter.

My mother's voice sounds in the back, but it sounds like she's talking to someone else. "Happy birthday, how have you been? Long time no talk."

"Thanks dad, I'm alright. I actually had a meeting at a college a few days ago, and I think it went well! But so far today, Jen and Hayley just gave me gifts, and I think we are going to relax here for the day until tonight." My quick reference to my plans tonight make me think of Harry, but I am going to try to stay off the topic of him as long as I can.

"Really? That's incredible, honey. I hope it works out, please tell us if it does. We are so proud of you," it sounds like he is keeping his voice down for my mother. "About tonight...don't party too hard, okay? I know you're twenty-one." I know he's joking, but I also know he's worried. I don't think Harry has partying planned.

"I don't think that's the plan, but trust me, I won't. I miss you guys," I admit, also admitting it to myself. Yeah, my parents, especially my mom piss me off, but I still miss them.

"We miss you too. I'm sorry about the last few phone calls, your mother..." my father trails off, speaking to my mother it sounds like.

I'm about to ask if everything is okay when my father's voice sounds, but he's not talking to me. "Kristen, please don't. She's finally calm, happy, and talking to us."

"I finally reached him and I've got it on speaker. I can't ignore if he wants to wish her a happy birthday, Todd. Maybe this would be good for her," my mother's voice is barely audible, but I swear she just said that.

Before I can wonder who they are talking about, my father speaks again, "If she said she doesn't want to speak to Jacob again, we should respect her wishes."

I hang up, I have to.

The rest of the day my father calls me again and again, but I don't pick up. Instead I have fun with my cousins, watching a few home videos of the three of us, then getting ready for Harry to pick me up. Tonight is my night, there is no way in hell I'm thinking about him.

I've changed into some cute overall shorts, a green t-shirt and a white bolero, something a bit casual since Harry did tell me this was going to be relaxed in a text just a while ago. I comb out my hair and leave it the way it is, ignoring my cousins begging to style it. However, I do put makeup on, listening to their ideas of what to apply.

I hear the doorbell chime just as I walk out of my room, ready to go. When I answer the door, I'm surprised by Harry's simple outfit, grey t-shirt and black jeans, but he looks absolutely lovely. The sky behind him is already turning orange as the sun sets, and I am getting a feeling this will be a fun night.

Harry kisses my forehead. "You look cute today, babe."

"Thank you, so do you," I reply, lacing his fingers with mine.

"Guys, let me take your picture!" Jen calls to us from inside. Hayley comes to the door and pulls both of us in.

"I don't like pictures, you know that," I complain.

"What?" Harry asks, appalled. "You never mentioned that, ever."

Come to think of it, I never told Harry about that. I've just never liked them. I don't do pictures, ever. Selfies, family pictures, friend pictures, whatever picture, I've never been a fan. "I'm sorry, I guess I never did. I don't really do pictures."

"There's absolutely no reason?"

"Nope," I start to smile.

"At all?"

"No.." What point is he getting at?

"Then you shouldn't mind that I'd love a picture with you today, since there is no valid reason not to take one," Harry grins smugly, knowing he's caught me at a rough point.

"Fine. One picture," I give in. One can't hurt.

Harry hands his phone over to Jen, and we get into position. Harry simply wraps an arm around me, and I wrap mine around him. I try leaning away, somewhat as a joke, but hopefully to possibly get cut out of the picture.

"Harry! Kiss her, or grab her ass!" Hayley calls to him from behind Jen, making Harry laugh.

"What?!" he chuckles.

"Shut up Hayley, I'm trying to get something decent!" Jen yells, eyebrows furrowed on getting the image clear. "Harry you too, hush!"

Hayley doesn't quit, making dirty gestures and I don't even know if I smile. Once I hear the click, I stop the madness before it can continue.

"Okay! That's it, there's your picture." I know for sure, that was a hectic picture, for sure. Harry focused on my inappropriate cousin, and me, trying to be hidden.

"Come on, love," Harry receives his phone from Jen and stuffs it in his pocket. "Let's go have some fun, yeah?"

"Is that even possible on a birthday?" I challenge him as we near the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
17.9K 1K 90
♡♡♡ "Every one called her Doll , everyone thought she was crazy. Everyone made fun of her, everyone thought she was a murderer but no one had proof t...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...