He Loves Me Back.... Probably

By classybrown20

Hi. My name is Shawna Duncan. I've gotten myself into a bit of a situation and I need advice. Tell me, what d... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Quick Interruption...
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Another quick interruption
Chapter Seventeen
Epilogue
Important Author's Note

Chapter Nine

187 5 0
By classybrown20

~Hello fellow lovers of this book :D This is just a filler chapter so it's not that eventful, nor is it that important. Anyyyway I hope you enjoy it (: Photo is of Justin Long who plays Milo Gerber (Charlie's best friend) Vote/like/comment if you'd like (:~

Nine

I sniffled and wiped my eyes free from the smeared makeup form my tears.

“Hey, are you okay now?” a soft, deep voice whispered.

I whimpered and buried my head in the nook of his neck. I inhaled strongly to stop my pounding heart. I also smelled the guy that was holding me. He smelled like Axe and motor oil.

“I’m fine, Jason,” I sighed.

Jason gave me a knowing smile, “That was a pretty big fight back there.”

“Yeah well… I know,” I sniffled.

I looked at the necklace I was wearing. It was a best friend one that Halie and I bought together. I took the charm in my hand and yanked hard on it. The chain broke in two. I sighed.

“So are you going to stay with Charlie?” Jason asked.

“I think so,” I said and looked around his car awkwardly.

“I know what can cheer you up, if you don’t mind leaving school that is,” Jason smiled mischievously.

I returned his evil smile, “I don’t mind at all.”

*Charlie*

I went running when I caught wind of the fight. I rounded the corner to Shawna’s locker but she wasn’t there. I puffed out a breath and went looking for Halie. All that bitch does is cause problems.

I found her at her locker with Dexter looking really pissed off. From the smirk on her face I could tell she was talking about Shawna.

Now, I was furious at her.

I shoved her against her locker and screamed, “What the fuck did you do to her?”

She shoved me back, “I didn’t do anything that was worse than what she did.”

“Oh grow up Halie!” I shouted. “So what if she has other friends? She doesn’t always like to hang out with you. I’m sure she gets tired of you and all of your bullshit.”

Halie laughed sarcastically, “She hardly even talks to me. And whenever she’s over she’s with you.”

“That’s not true,” I growled.

“Why do you always have to take my friends Charlie?” Halie asked furious. “We had a rule and you broke it again!”

“You wanna know something Halie? Emma and Tamera were meaningless to me, want to know why?” I asked.

Halie stood there looking at me lethally, waiting to hear what I had to say.

“I was using them to forget about Shawna. All of the girls I’ve ever been with were to forget about Shawna. I’m in love with her- I have been from the moment I saw her. But I knew something like this was going to happen if I ever acted on my feelings. So I shoved them down and hoped those girls would make me forget about her,” I explained.

“They obviously didn’t,” Halie rolled her eyes.

“I survived three painful years without even glancing at Shawna. I decided to do something for me and you had to ruin it. You know what Halie? Fuck you,” I spat.

“I hate you.”

“Good. The feeling is mutual,” I snarled and stormed away.

I walked up to my small group of friends. I crossed my arms and scowled. And then I wondered where Shawna went.

“Dude, you know Jason Handler is trying to steal your girl right?” my best friend Milo stated.

“I know,” I said. “But he’s not going to get anywhere near her or else… fuck I don’t even know what I would do to that kid,” I sighed.

“You might want to figure it out,” Jackson, my other friend said.

“Why?” I asked confused.

Milo looked at me and put his hand on my shoulder, “He carried her out of the school bridal style bro. He’s completely comforting her right now.”

“God-fucking-dammit!” I snarled and walked outside.

I had no idea what Jason’s car looked like, but I was hell-bent on finding it. If Jason was thinking he could put ‘the moves’ on Shawna someone was going to get hit. And that someone was going to be Jason.

Shawna wouldn’t cheat on me right?

No, she wouldn’t. She told me she loves me and I’m going to trust her.

After looking in the windows of countless cars, I found Jason and Shawna talking in his car. He was smiling about something and all I wanted to do was tear his head off. I know Shawna saw me because she got a surprised look on her face.

She has a cute face and I couldn’t help but to smile. She smiled back at me.

I sighed and opened up Jason’s door and pulled him out by his shirt collar.

“What the fuck man?” Jason asked and then saw me. “Oh.”

“Yeah oh,” I growled.

Shawna got out of the car and rushed over to us, “Be nice, Charlie.”

“Uh… no,” I said crossly.

“What did I ever do to you?” Jason asked.

“You’re a dumbass, Jason. Stay away from Shawna or I’ll mess you up. Got that?” I snarled.

“Fuck you man,” Jason said and walked away.

“Charlie!” Shawna hissed, “What the hell is your problem?”

“He’s trying to steal you from me, Shawna. I don’t want him being around you,” I said simply.

“I know. But you should trust me,” Shawna said.

“I do it’s-“ I stopped cold. She knew? She knew and she was still talking to him? What the hell? “I don’t trust him Shawna, but I do trust you.”

“You shouldn’t have to trust him Charlie,” she said softly. “You have to trust me.”

“I told you that I do, you have to believe me. I just don’t want him getting any ideas and… what if you hang out with him and you fall for him?” I asked.

“That will never happen, Charlie. I love you, remember?” Shawna smiled sweetly.

“I know, but things happen that you don’t mean to happen. I’m terrified of losing you Shawna. I already lost my sister because of you-”

“What are you getting at?” she asked crossly.

“I don’t mean it like that,” I said. “What I mean is you mean so much to me I sacrificed my own baby sister for you. I don’t want to lose you.”

Shawna pursed her lips. I could tell she was trying to decide whether to be angry or nice.

She stepped close to me and said, “I’m not going anywhere.”

And then she kissed me.

I don’t want to sound like a chick, but her kisses leave me breathless and they make my knees go weak. I can’t help but think this is how I want to spend the rest of my life. With her. I want her to be in my arms forever.

“Was that convincing enough, Mr. Negative?” Shawna laughed.

“Yes it was. Why don’t we go to your house for the rest of the day?” I suggested.

“Yeah… I don’t want to deal with school right now,” Shawna bit her lip and looked back to the building.

She looked so sexy when she bit her lip. I want to bite her lip like that, I wonder if she’d like that? I chuckled to myself and decided I’d try it later.

“Where did you park?” she asked.

“Over there,” I pointed at the general direction of my car. “Come on.” I grabbed her hand and towed her to my car.

I opened the door for her and bowed. She laughed and got into my car. I ran around the other side and got in the driver’s seat. Shawna was staring out of the windshield, she looked really sad. I got an idea that I know will cheer her up. “So… Shawna?”

“Yeah Charlie?” she asked.

“Guess who I am right now?” I asked.

“Uh, I don’t know. Who?” Shawna asked slowly.

I grinned playfully at her. “My name is Mr. T. Monster.”

She looked at me, confused.

“Guess what the t stands for,” I smiled.

Realization flashed across her face and Shawna’s eyes got huge. “No, Charlie don’t you dare!”

I lunged at her and started tickling her sides. She laughed with delight and tried to push me away, but I was relentless. I tickled her until she couldn’t hardly breathe and tears were streaming down her face.

“Stop!” she squealed in delight.

I smiled and stopped tickling her, “Happy now?”

She had one hand over her heart and tried to slow her breathing, “No you jerk!”

“Yeah, but I’m your jerk,” I stuck my tongue out at her and started my car. I pulled out of the school parking lot and headed toward her house.

“Charlie?” she asked quietly after a few minutes of silence.

“Need the radio on?” I asked and turned it on.

“No, no,” Shawna said and turned the music down. “Do you think we’re gonna last?”

I approached a red stoplight and I met Shawna’s beautiful eyes with mine. I grabbed her hand and kissed her forehead. I pulled our intertwined hands onto the center-counsel.

“Shawna, I love you,” I said.

“Well I know that, but I wanted to know if you thought we were going to last for a while,” she said.

“When I say I love you, I mean it. Okay? Don’t worry about my past, that’s not an issue anymore,” I said.

She sighed, “But you weren’t the one to come comfort me when I was crying about Halie.”

“What does that have to do with anything? Besides, I wasn’t standing there when it happened. But when I heard about it, I came running to find you. I couldn’t find you so I yelled at Halie instead. Milo was the one who told me Jason had you. But, had I gotten there in a timely fashion, I would have let you cry in my arms. I love you; I don’t want to see you cry. But if I have to see you cry I want you to be soaking my shirt with your tears and I want you to be in my arms. No one else’s,” I said.

“Well… I mean I just feel like if you really loved me you would have been at my locker to walk me to my classes instead of Jason,” Shawna bit her lip again.

I sighed, she was frustrating me. I pulled over on the shoulder of the road and looked at her dead in the eyes. “I have never had a serious girlfriend before you. I didn’t treat the girls I ‘dated’ with respect the way I do to you. I didn’t walk them to their classes, I didn’t hold their books or purses, I didn’t go completely out of my way to make those girls happy. I guess I never thought that you were the type of girl who wanted all of that. But starting tomorrow, I will be that guy. I’ll romance you off your feet so much, your mind will be blown. Okay?”

Shawna smiled, “Really?”

“Yes really. I didn’t love those girls, but I love you. Things are different with you baby,” I smiled and kissed her cheek. “Now can we get to your house?”

“Yeah, go ahead and drive,” she smiled.

I pulled back onto the road and hoped Shawna wouldn’t bring anymore of those sorts of questions up. I hated that. Can’t she just believe me when I tell her that I love her? What’s so hard about accepting that?

Hell I didn’t know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 109K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
2M 130K 78
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
929K 22.5K 41
While moonlighting as a stripper, Emery Jones' mundane life takes a twisted and seductive turn when she finds herself relentlessly pursued by reclusi...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...