No Time for a Thug

By _Ashaanti_

Alexia Hastings is growing and growing fast. She has always been eye candy but manages to stay level headed... More

First Book!
Chapter 1: My Life
Chapter 2: I'm Alexia
Chapter 3: I'm not ready
Chapter 4: Birthday Crash
Chapter 5: Kickback
Chapter 6: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 7: Lifted Weight
Chapter 8: Getting Soft
Chapter 9: Who Are You?
Sequel Maybe
Chapter 11: Maturity
Picture ;)
Chapter 12: I Love you
Chapter 13: Figure it out
Reminder!!!!!
Chapter 15: What Would I Do?
Chapter 16: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 18: My Everything
Chapter 19:The Beginning
Chapter 20: Communication is Key
Chapter 21: Talk to Me
Chapter 22: Sugar and Spice
Chapter 23: Looking Up
Chapter 24: Tonight's Xscape
Chapter 25: Do It Big
Chapter 26: Mischiefs
Chapter 27: Possibilities
No Time for Love
Yaaaaass!

Chapter 10: I Don't Understand

40.7K 1.3K 239
By _Ashaanti_

No comments yet!!!!??? It's okay to tell me what you think! Good or bad. I'm all about criticism!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"DJ get up!" I yelled shaking his shoulder

"What?"

"I need you to take me to the hospital. Erika is in labor."

He sucked his teeth and rolled over.

I know it's 2 o'clock in the morning but this is serious.

"Fine." I said getting out of bed. "Imma just call a cab."

"Nah. I'll take you." he said rolling off the bed.

We got ready and went out.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

 "You coming in?" I asked as he pulled up to the entrance.

"Nah, Imma stay in the car."

I nodded my head and got out. I went inside and I saw my mom in the waiting area. I went to the front desk and they said she was delivering the baby at this very moment. I sat down in a chair completely ignoring my mom.

"How you doin?" she asked.

I stared at her.

"Fine. I guess."

"Look Alexia I---"

She was interrupted by a nurse. The nurse smiled and said "She gave birth to a healthy baby boy."

I smiled. We followed her to the delivery room and saw Erika holding the tiniest little thing. I walked to the side of the bed.

"He looks just like Tyler."

I looked around. Where is he anyway?

"Where is he anyway?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. We tried to get a hold of him but we got nothing."

I didn't understand. I thought he changed. I thought he wanted to be here for the baby and when the time finally comes, he's not even at the birth.

"What did you name him?" I asked.

"Xavier Tyler Garnett. We both agreed on the middle name."

I laughed. I stayed a little longer but i was extra tired so I was about to leave. I said my goodbyes and was almost out the room door. Then I felt a pull on my hand.

"Can we talk?" my mom asked

"Not right now. I'm tired and I don't have any type of energy."

"Then can we talk later?"

"I don't kno-"

"Tomorrow at the Garden Cafe?"

"Fine."

I walked out the hospital and I called DJ. He pulled up and I got in.

"How was it?" he asked

"It was great. The only problem was Tyler wasn't there."

"Tyler? You mean that nigga I fought at the club on yo birthday?"

I nodded my head.

"That's the baby's father?" he asked. "Damn."

"Fucked up ain't it?" I said.

He shook his head and drove off.

We didn't get home till almost 9 o'clock in the morning. I ran upstairs and jumped back into bed.

"Where you goin?" I asked as he was putting on his watch.

"Work." I rolled my eyes and and turned over in the covers. He walked over and sat on the bed. He rested his arms on both sides of me.

"Don't be like that Alexia."

I didn't say anything.

"How about this." He said. "How about I make it up to you by taking you to a lovely dinner tonight."

I rolled over and looked up at him.

"Really?" I asked. "Where?"

"It's a surprise but just dress real fancy."

He kissed my forehead and got up.

"I'll see you later." he said and walked out the room.

I rolled over in the sheets and went back to sleep.

* * * * * * * * * 

 I was in the kitchen making me a bowl of ice-cream when my phone started ringing. The caller ID said it was Tyler. I answered it.

"Tyler where the fuck have yo-!" He cut me off.

"I need to talk to you like now! Meet me at the Satin Lounge." He hung up.

I looked at my phone. Did he really just do that?

I ran upstairs to find something to wear. I put on a pair of skinny jeans, a black gucci shirt and a a pair of gray Toms.

* * * * * * 

 I got out the cab and paid him. I walked inside the restaurant and I saw Ty sitting at the bar.

"Wassup?" I said walking up behind him and sitting in a stool.

"Man, I really fucked up." he said looking at the counter.

"Whatchu mean ?" I asked.

"I wasn't there. I wasn't there for my child."

"Well you could've been. What happened anyway?"

"I got scared Alexia. I started thinking about how my father treated me and I didn't want to fuck up my sons life like my dad did mines."

He was actually worried. I could really see the fear in his eyes. I rubbed his back.

"Look at me Tyler." He turned his head.

"You can not compare yourself to your father. You are your own person. Learn from his mistakes so you won't make the same ones. I know you're going to be a great father but if you keep telling yourself that your not then it's going to become true."

He started crying. I held him. I know his father must have really hurt him.

"How do you always know what to say?" He asked. I smiled.

"I really fucked up with you didn't I?" He asked sitting up.

"Yea but I forgave you. I know that you're going to find that special somebody one day and they are going to be way better than me."

"Nobody is better than you." he said.

I smiled and there was a silence.

"Let's go." I finally said.

"Where we goin?"

"To see your child."

I grabbed his hand and led him out the door.

* * * * * * * * * * * 

 "You ready?" I asked as we were standing outside the room door. He nodded.

"Then go." I said. He took a deep breath and opened the room door.

Erika was sleep but she was still holding the baby. Tyler walked to the side of the bed and his eyes got wide. It almost looked like he was about to cry again.

"Wow." He whispered. "He looks just like me."

Erika woke up and saw Tyler standing over her.

"Wanna hold him?" she asked. He hesitated at first then he nodded his head.

She handed him the baby and a big smile came across his face. It was the sweetest moment. I know Tyler is going to be a great father.

* * * * * * * * * *

 Tyler dropped me off home and I ran inside. I had to get ready for my date. I just got out the shower and I checked my phone. It was a text from DJ.

"We not going."

My mouth dropped. Why? I didn't understand. I texted him back.

"Why?"

He didn't reply. I threw my phone on the bed and went to find some comfy clothes. I wrapped up in the covers and fell asleep. 

* * * *

I woke up to the room door opening. I sat up and saw DJ walking in. He walked over to his side of the bed and laid down.

"Why didn't we go?" I asked

"Because."

"That's it? Because."

"Look, I'm tired Alexia. We can talk about this later."

I turned the lamp on.

"NO! We can talk about this now!" I yelled.

He got up and walked to the door.

"Where the fuck you goin!?" I yelled.

"You really trippin right now. So Imma give you some time to work that shit out."

He walked out. I was left staring at a close door. I had no idea why he was acting like this. What did I do? I started crying. I wrapped up in the covers and cried myself to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932K 21.4K 43
Hakeem is now back and bigger then ever. Locked up in the pin ain't hold back his grind "Fuck bitches get money & No thug can be tied down is no long...
581K 16.3K 49
Some parts are private, so press follow to view the chapters. Have you ever loved someone so bad that you cannot see were you're hurting inside & th...
772K 33.4K 66
What a tangled web we weave, when we lie to deceive.. Having to watch his parents demise at an early age, Joseph is brought up by an uncle who played...
855 22 20
Candy Love 24 years old had had her fair share of relationships. She now understands why people say love hurts. Her ex and many other people in her l...