Pen Pals

By flubix

to save his grade he became a pen pal to a girl in america. she was bored so she became a pen pal to a boy in... More

info. 1
before the letters
letter. 1
between the letters. 1.5
letter. 2
in between letters. 2.5
letter. 3
between the letters. 3.5
letter. 4
in between letters. 4.5.
letter. 5.
letter. 6.
letter. 7.
letter. 8.
Info. 2.
letter. 9.
letter. 10.
christmas special
torino. 2.
torino. 3.
info. 2.
torino. 4.
torino. 5.
torino. 6.
info. 4.
torino. 7.
torino. 8.
torino. 9.
info. 4.
torino. 10.
I'M SORRY!
REWRITE

torino. 1.

600 19 4
By flubix

Italicized words mean english.

also, what the characters are called depends on the point of view, so don't freak out!

The flight was very boring but Dylan slept through most of it. The food sucked. Bleh.

The chibi wondered how the kittens were doing, she hoped they weren't treating Mrs. Anderson badly. She's a truly nice per-

"DYLAN! OVER HERE!" Dylan glanced over and saw Shouyou, man was she glad, she definitely didn't want too long at the airport surrounded by strangers who meant no good.

The chibi started on my way to Shouyou, but he was already running towards her... screaming?

As soon as he reached her, he held her shoulders, while shaking them, and grinned down at me. She grinned back at him.

"Shouyou, are you going to hug me or not?" Immediately her petite body was wrapped in his arms. She hugged back not too long after he initially hugged me with the same amount of crushing force.

"Shouyou, you didn't come alone did you? Who did you bring with you?" She glanced around the airport, wondering who he would bring. He wasn't the type to come alone.

"Dylaaannnn, how did you know I brought someone?" Shouyou whined, she smirked slyly at him and said a simple, you're too predictable and I hope you're not like that on court.

"I brought the entire volleyball team, Dylan! Do you want to meet them?"

"Dumbass, why wouldn't I want to meet the people that I'm going to be spending the next few months with?" She followed him to the airport entrance.

"Dylaaannnn, did you just call me Dumbass? Only Kageyama calls me that, he's so mean to me." Shouyou whined, pretending to be irritated, but sounded more like he was joking. He was serious about the Kageyama part though.

We were out the door when he said the Kageyama part and the scared chibi felt a dark aura coming from the left.

Immediately she jumped behind Shouyou, carefully peeking over his shoulder, scared of what her blue eyes would find.

What she saw was not what was expected.

A tall, very angry blueberry was being scolded by an angel, with a motherly tone. While that was going on, two boys were peeking over a serious-captain-looking dude's shoulder. A very tall guy with glasses was staring at her with a blank expression and a shorter guy with a cowlick, was staring at her with a light dusting of blush on his cheeks muttering 'cute'. A guy with a beard looked about ready to faint, a very beautiful woman, and cute girl were standing next to them.

When the frightened girl saw this, she hid further behind Shouyou.

"Shouyou, is that your volleyball team?" She whispered to Shouyou very nervously.

He turned around and said to her, "Yes that's the volleyball team, don't get intimidated, they're cool! Want them to introduce themselves to you?"

She nodded viciously in return, Shouyou instantly made her feel better about being around them. He stepped to the side and spoke.

"Hey guys, Dylan doesn't like big crowds of people. So introduce yourselves one by one, she'll go first." She squeaked but did as he said.

The chibi bowed deeply and said, "Dylan Brown, Second Year, and please call me Dylan!"

The captain guy stepped forward, "Sawamura Daichi, Third Year, Captain, and please call me Daichi."

"Sugawara Koushi, Third Year, Vice Captain, and please call me Suga."

"Kageyama Tobio, First Year, Setter, and please call me Kageyama."

The rest of the introductions went by like that, with smiles, and blushing.

She slowly relaxed as the introductions finished, Noya-Senpai going last.

"Dylan, do you have your uniform yet? You start school tomorrow." Shouyou was quick to ask when introductions finished.

"Of course Dumbass, I'm not stupid I came prepared. I also filled out the form too!" She held out the form and Shouyou took it to Daichi. Tsukishima snickered at the fact that she called Shouyou dumbass.

"You want to be our manager?" Daichi asked, confused as to why she was turning it in so soon.

"Of course! Shouyou made you guys seem so awesome! And I promised him that I would be you guys manager so I had a reason to go with him to training and other things volleyball related." She said with a smile. It was true, the volleyball team seemed so awesome from the way Shouyou talked about them.

"R-really?" Tanaka-Senpai and Noya-Senpai asked in sync.

"Yeah, and I'm going to teach this Dumbass how to set." She pointed at Shouyou with an of course face.

"Stop calling dumbass Dylan! It's so mean!" Shouyou whined, and Kageyama grinned.

"Dylan we should probably get going now, it's a long way to my house. Want to race?" Shouyou grinned, wanting her to accept his challenge.

"Does anybody have a map?" The chibi asked the whole team, which was chatting amongst themselves.

"Yeah, one second." Suga started fumbling around with something in his pocket, but eventually pulled a map out.

"What's you address?" The map unfolded and in her hands along with a red sharpie.

He recited his address, she circled his house, and spotted the fastest way to his house.

"You wanna make a bet Shouyou? If I make it to your house first you have to buy me a strawberry shortcake, if you win I'll buy you whatever you want. Deal?" The previously frightened girl now smiled deviously, and held out her hand.

"Deal."

She knew she was going to win, she planned out the best route and knowing Shouyou he never bothered to check for a shorter way.

"Hope you don't mind me borrowing your map, I'll get it back to you tomorrow!"

Three...

Two...

One...

Everyone watched as Hinata ran while Dylan walked.

They (Tanaka and Nishinoya) of course, placed bets as to who would win.

Let's just say Dylan, won by a long shot.

☆☆☆

Shouyou's mother is amazing.

Her cooking was amazing.

Everything about her was amazing.

Natsu-chan's first words to her were 'Do you want to jump rope with me?' and of course she accepted. She's too cute to say no to.

When questioned as to where Shouyou was, she answered with a simple, 'He's buying me a strawberry shortcake right now'.

Unpacking and looking for her uniform, which she thought was absolutely adorable, to set aside for tomorrow.

The front door opened abruptly while Dylan was passing by it.

"Oh, you're back earlier than expected."

"What!? How did you get to my house before I could? You didn't even know how to get here!"

"The map."

"..."

Walking over to Shouyou she ruffled his hair while he blushed at her actions.

"You can try again next time Shouyou. What time do you leave for school? When are you buying the shortcake?"

She turned around and started walking towards her temporary room.

"5:30a.m. is the time that I head to school in the mornings. And after school tomorrow."

"Okay. Are you guys going to practice today?"

Dylan stopped and turned around, putting her hand on the door knob.

"Yeah! Do you want to come with me to practice? I think we're going to be practicing spiking today! Can you set to me?!"

Shouyou looked excited, and that made her smile slightly.

"Today was Monday right? And yeah, I'll come, just let me grab a few things."

She walked inside my room and focused on grabbing my volleyball stuffs. Shouyou came in and sat on the bed while she worked, not sitting still, but bouncing in place.

"Yeah today was a Monday! You start tomorrow, wait what classes are you going to be taking?"

She guessed he remembered that she was a second year and he was a first year.

"I'm going to be taking some of the third year classes I think? You guys don't exactly have fourth year classes. I'll check back with you during lunch and after school."

"What?! Seriously, I knew you were smart, but that smart?!"

"Anyways we better get to practice, I want to see your vertical jump and your freak duo. You sound like you're bad at recieving, maybe I'll help you."

"Y-yeah let's go!"

"I call shotgun!"

"What?"

"Never mind, you'll never get the joke."

"Tell me!"

"Never!"

"Dylan! You don't know where you're going, get back here!"

☆☆☆

Suga was surprised to see Dylan before Shouyou.

"Here's your map Suga-senpai. Thanks for lending it to me!"

"Please just call me Suga, and you're welcome!"

"Ok Suga, and you're a setter ri-"

"Dylaaannn! How are you faster than me!"

"Easy. I run to school everyday, I don't even live in the same town as my school."

"How are you not sweating?"

"Remember what I just said."

"Seriously?!"

"Yep."

I turned to Suga.

"Where can I change?"

"The club room, Hinata can you take her there and make sure nobody is in there and make sure nobody goes in."

"Sure, Suga!"

"Shouyou, is that a kitty?!"

"Dylan! Don't run off if you don't know where you're going!"

"Wait don't climb up the tree Dylan!"

Suga and Daichi just stood there and watched.

☆☆☆

Eventually Dylan and Shouyou got changed and started practicing.

"Hey Dylan! Can you set for me?"

"Okay."

Shouyou stepped back, threw the ball towards the setter, and started running towards the net.

Dylan watched the ball and Shouyou, carefully picking out the right trajectory and speed.

Shouyou's leg muscles tensed and he was in the air, hand ready to hit the ball that was coming towards him. Eyes closed.

Dylan was a little late with her timing by made up for it with speed and accuracy.

The ball slammed onto the other side of the court with a loud echoing bang.

"It's been a while since I've done that. I need to boost my speed. Sorry that one was a little late Shouyou!"

Dylan stood there looking apologetic and ashamed of herself. She's gotten worse since she retired. But it was to be expected.

"DYLAN THAT WAS SO COOL DO THAT AGAIN!"

Dylan jumped at Shouyou's shout. She looked up to see him about ready to jump on her but she moved out of the way in time.

"I'll do it again, anyways I need to practice if I plan on keeping up with you!"

The third years and Kageyama, who were there, observed the whole thing, and didn't doubt her reputation as the Supreme Setter.

"WOAH! HINATA HAS A PEN PAL LIKE THAT! I WISH I HAD SOMEONE COOL LIKE THAT AS MY PEN PAL!"

The third years sweat dropped at Tanaka's words.

Eventually the whole team showed up and played a six on six match, Seniors vs. Juniors.

Suga, Daichi, Dylan, Asahi, Kinoshita, and Ennoshita on the Senior team.

Tsukishima, Kageyama, Hinata, Tanaka, Nishinoya, and Yamaguchi on the Junior team.

The senior team ended up winning. But not by much. Dylan didn't let Hinata and Kageyama's freak duo faze her much but, she played at the senior team's libero.

All in all, she needed to speed up her reflexes.

"Hey Shouyou, did you guys win against Aoba Johsai?"

"No we didn't, but we're only going to get stronger!"

"I'll help you guys get stronger!"

"Alright!"

{<^>}

She knew that she would be recognized as a foreigner as soon as she stepped onto campus.

Whispers errupted all arround. Some good. Some bad.

"Dylan, do you want me to go with me to the office?"

Dylan jumped and shivered.

Shouyou looked strangely serious when she looked at him.

"Yeah, I'll probably need help getting to my classroom too."

Dylan in return, was strangely serious. Both continued on their ways to the office to pick up Dylan's schedule and locker number.

When they entered Dylan did the talking.

"Hello Akiyama-San, I came to pick up my schedule and locker info. I'm Brown Dylan."

Dylan's face was blank during the whole ordeal. Nothing was given away.

For the first time, Shouyou saw the real Supreme Setter.

"Yeah I have them right here."

The office worker handed her the papers, Dylan and Shouyou left soon after.

Dylan relaxed when they stepped into the deserted hallway, Hinata leading.

"Why did you look so serious earlier, Shouyou?"

Dylan knew why, but she wanted to hear it from Shouyou.

"I don't like it when people talk bad about my friends. Anyways, we're here, meet me by the gym for lunch."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

588K 17.4K 109
~Main Story Completed~ "I want to go to Karasuno, in Miyagi" From Tokyo to Miyagi. From a prestigious all-girls school to a common high school. The r...
77.1K 2.5K 19
❝ 𝘪 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴...
102K 4.5K 9
"Hinata, do you like Kageyama?" "Uh.. yeah. A-As in, I like him as a teammate! A.. friend." "No, he meant like like. You know. Love." - Bot...
18.6K 1K 62
"Guys like you don't stay friends with girls like that." This story follows Emiko and Mirae's high school journey with the Karasuno Volleyball team...