Tell Me A Lie

By AspiringAlina

Scarlett Rose doesn't know what to make out of life. All she knows for now is that she wants out. Out from he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 3

2.8K 145 25
By AspiringAlina

I tried to focus to my English teacher, Mr. Wes, but it was hard when I felt a constant tugging at my hair. It had been happening for the past ten minutes, but I didn't want to turn around and give in to him. I had to show Jai my studies came before him.

He yanked on my hair suddenly and I gasped. A few people glanced at me and I scowled to myself. Ignoring what I wanted, I whipped my head around to face him. Jai smiled innocently and I glowered at him. His good looks wouldn't save him from my wrath.

"What the fuck do you want?" I growled.

"You." He winked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Seriously Jai. I'll kick your ass if that's all you have to say to me."

Shaking his head, he smile grew. "Fine. Remember how I asked to hang out?"

"Yes." I answered, frowning.

"Let's make that day today." He grinned. "Unless you have plans with your other friends."

I rolled my eyes, but fought back a smile. I 'hated' him.

"Sure," I said. "Let me go home and tell my parents I'm going to study at the library first."

He frowned. "Can't you call them?"

"No." I shook my head. "My dad took my plan away."

His eyebrows furrowed, but before Jai could say anything Mr. Wes called out his name. Jai's eyes flew to the young, tall man, and he smiled charmingly. I rolled my eyes, knowing he had a way with teachers. There was no way he'd get in trouble for this.

"Yes, Mr. Wes," Jai said, still smiling.

"Focus on my lesson." Mr. Wes raised an eyebrow. "And stop bothering Scarlett."

"Sure." Jai shrugged. "And I'm not bothering Scarlett, she loves talking to me."

"She also loves not failing this class with you."

Few of our classmates made sounds at small slight insult. My own eyes widened and I looked at Jai. He also looked stunned, and I knew this was a first for him. I couldn't help but smile because it was annoying how usually his good looks got him out of everything.

"Pay attention, okay Jai," Mr. Wes said, facing the blackboard again.

"Okay," Jai said.

Jai didn't touch my hair again that day. With that, I anticipated our day together. I was excited to see how it would be like to hang out with my best friend outside of school.

*****

I walked down my street and spotted Jai's black car. Smiling, I was thankful he actually listened to me. With a fear of my parents discovering him, I had asked him to park far away from my house. He had argued, but I was happy to see he had listened to me in the end.

Reaching his car, I got into the passenger seat. Smiling, I said hi as I buckled my seatbelt in. Jai smiled back and my heart skipped a beat. He was unfairly attractive.

Jai had green eyes that seemed to glow. They were round and bright with many emotions I seemed to lack. His hair was brown and always pushed to the side in a haste that ended up looking hot. Sharp was the way to describe his jawline, and pink and soft was the way to describe his lips. The slant of his pointy nose was perfectly sculpted, and I could honestly say about all of Jai. He was perfectly created and no one could deny he was handsome.

"Why are you staring at me?" Jai suddenly asked. "You do that a lot."

I flushed and quickly looked away. It was embarrassing how he always caught me. I needed to learn how to be more discreet.

"So, where are we going?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Why were you staring at me?" he asked back, making my face turn warm.

"I was wondering how someone could be so ugly," I answered, knowing he wouldn't give up until I did.

"Good joke." He grinned. "We all know it's the opposite."

"Where are we going?"

I looked away from him for a second and hoped my embarrassment wasn't clear. Jai was knew he was attractive and I hated keeping him on his high horse. That was why the scenario with Mr. Wes had made me happy.

"Rollerblading," Jai answered, his eyes suddenly softening.

My eyes widened. "Rollerblading?"

I didn't expect that. When he had asked me to hang out, I thought he meant at a park or a fast food restaurant. The fact that we were actually going somewhere we could do something other than talk surprised me.

"Yeah, is that okay?" He suddenly sounded nervous.

I nodded vigorously. "Yeah. That sounds awesome."

He grinned at me and I smiled back. As he began to drive, my heartbeat began to race with excitement of what we were going to do.

*****

"Jai!" I shrieked. "Why did you choose this!"

Jai laughed as I fell forward and lay flat on the ground. I groaned and rubbed my chin that had been injured during the fall. This was definitely not as fun as I expected it to be.

Jai skated to me with ease and extended a hand towards me as I sat up. I took his hand and I nearly crashed into him as my skates slid away suddenly. Thankfully, he used his other hand to catch me.

As he held me up, he said, "You're a pro at this."

"Shut up." I huffed. "I hate this."

"That's because you won't let me teach you," he said, pulling me closer. "I told you this isn't something you can teach yourself."

I suddenly became aware of his close we were to each other. Our chests were literally an inch apart and it was only thanks to our large height difference that I wasn't literally face-to-face with him. Forcing myself not to flush, I looked down in hopes of forgetting the way his green eyes stared at me.

"Can you teach me now?" I asked quietly in defeat.

"Of course."

He slid away from me and my grip on his hands tightened. A smile suddenly appeared on his face as I shook in my spot, and I scowled at him. He was such a jerk.

"Scarlett, relax," he said. "Trust me. I won't let you fall."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Well, I'll try to make sure you won't fall."

He began instructing me on his to move my legs. I listened, but also took in our setting. The lights were dim and there were about twenty other people here in the circular rink. I actually liked that because honestly, I liked having Jai to myself. It was something I enjoyed at school, too.

Surprisingly, I was also Jai's only friend. Like me, he didn't interact with others. We were polite and answered people's questions, but other than that we didn't do anything to socialize with others. That made me feel special because tons of people tried to become friends with Jai. Since he was hot he had a line of girls flirting with him and boys wanting to be like him, but still he only talked to me. I was the chosen one, and I was touched.

"Are you even listening to me?" Jai asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Of course," I lied.

"Okay, let's start then." He smiled. "Ready?"

I fought back a look of surprise as I agreed. Regret filled me since I hadn't listen to most of what he said.

Jai pulled me forward and I yelped as I slid forward slowly. My grip on his hands tightened and to my surprise, he smiled at me. Not in a mocking way or an annoyed way, but a gentle smile that had my heart warming up. Suddenly wanting to please him, I decided to take my rollerblading lesson seriously.

So looking at how Jai's feet moved, I followed along. I was incredibly unbalanced and nervous, but eventually with Jai helping me the entire time, I got the hang of it. Soon I was rollerblading beside him with a huge smile plastered onto my face.

Jai and I raced. We laughed and talked and tripped, and this soon became the best day I had in years. As I laughed until my stomach hurt, I realized how lucky I was to meet Jai that day in the forest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 1K 29
Y/N had always been in love with her costar, Scarlett, but something had always stopped her from pursuing it. Truthfully she was scared of losing her...
170K 2.5K 39
"You don't know what I went through!" I yelled at him, angry tears streaming down my face. He stared at me for a long time before he spoke. "I loved...
4.9K 162 36
"What I was suppose to do? You left me, you went to Arizona." I shout at him as he storms away. "Wait for me." He shouts and I g...
17K 1.2K 30
Scarlett Walker holds broken things where her heart is - Mark has nothing but warmth and an odd fascination for a girl that was seemingly too far for...