Why Me?(Third book of Call me...

נכתב על ידי percabethforever0414

After everything, things looked liked they were destinied to go right. Unfortuantely, they went left. Annab... עוד

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Happy B-Day Percy
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 101
Holiday Special
Epilogue
Wow.

.... The Chapter 100

631 30 56
נכתב על ידי percabethforever0414

OOMGGGGGGGG

CHAPTER 100!!!
IM DYIN'

OF HAPPINESS!!!!

FALALALALALALFALALALALALALAMWALALALAMWALALAHAHAHAHAHMWAHAHAHAHAH

HARDY HAR HAR HAR.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER WILL BE SAD.

VERY.

VERY VERY VERY.

SO... TRIGGER WARNING OF FEELS. MAYBE NOT BUT YOU WILL BE SAD.

~

Victor's POV

Percy was laughing as he talked and laughed with his friends in front of a few pizzas in front of him.

I muched on a combination pizza slice next to Reyna. She seemed satisfied with the small party in his cabin. Leo had set himself on fire in front of the Monopoly board and Piper was shrieking. Annabeth, Frank, and Percy were talking while Nico was with Will and Jason, blushing next to Will. Hazel was playing monopoly, secretly moving the metal pieces while Piper tried to slap the flames out of Leo's hair.

I sipped on my sparkling water. "You think he looks okay?"

"Not sure. Looks a bit pale."

"I know..... I don't know if he can keep pizza down. He couldn't eat anything yesterday."

Percy spotted me and gestured me to come. I scooted over to his little group.

"Who do you think is the strongest demigod?" he asked. "I think it's Annabeth."

"It's Percy!!" Annaberh argued.

"Well... You beat me."

"I can't. I only do because you go easy on me."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm the strongest, idiots."

"But Percy-"

"Nope."

"Annabeth is-"

I hit Percy on the back of his head.

"Ow!"

"You guys can stop talking about this. The pizza's getting cold."

Percy grabbed another pizza and he went over to the Monopoly team. Hazel had gone over to Nico and Frank had gone to Monopoly too. I saw Reyna talking with Will. I went out of the cabin to get some air- and to think.

We don't have much time.

He could die any second now. But I was still thankful that he was getting better, and was much better than at first. I sat down on the cold stone steps and looked up at the stars. We could always see more when I was younger. I remembered trying to count the stars. I unconsciously started counting them again. I wondered if there was a time when Percy was young and had enough time to count the stars. I sighed.
I wished Percy would never die. Never die before me atleast. But I knew even I couldn't keep him alive. He was destinied to die like everyone in the first place.

But I couldn't help but pray for a miracle to the fates.

~

Now that it was getting late, people were starting to doze off.

Girls used the bathroom first and than the boys went after. After, we chose which bed we would sleep on.

"Annabeth and I can sleep on my bed." He suggested.

"Since nobody but Annabeth wants to sleep on your bed, that'll be fine." Victor agreed.

"I'll sleep with Leo on the left." Jason said.

"Will can sleep with Nico on the top bed. One of you three can sleep alone."

The three girls looked at each other.

"Reyna can sleep alone. I'll sleep with Hazel." Piper said.

"Then I'll be sleeping with Frank." I finished.

Percy flopped in his bed, and Annabeth followed more sedately. Jason, Leo, Will, and Nico went up the ladder while Piper and Hazel laid down on the lowest bunk bed. After turning off the lights, I followed Frank up and laid on the bed. It was large enough for the two of us to lay down without touching each other. I turned around, staring at the other bed where Leo was dangling dangerously off the ledge. I sighed and closed my eyes. I was getting tired of thinking so much. Pushing my worries to the back of my head, I fell asleep.

~

I woke to footsteps.

I blinked a few times, and spotted Percy stumbling towards he bathroom. I squinted at the bright light from the bathroom. Nobody seemed to be awakened by Percy. I carefully climbed down the ladder and went to the bathroom silently and looked inside the open door. Percy was hunched over the toliet, an arm wrapped around his stomach. I squinted against the bright light as my eyes.

"... Percy-"

He flushed the toliet and went to the sink, rinsing out his mouth. He was sweating buckets, sweat dripping down his face. He clutched the sink and looked down.

"I'm okay." he wheezed. "I'll be fine in a few moments."

Of course, he wasn't fine in a few moments. He bent down, resting his head on the sink.

"Victor." he almost whimpered.

I didn't need to hear more.

"Sit down."

I rummaged in the cupboard, and found some ambrosia and a small bottle of the painkiller that had been too strong a month ago. I could see some of it had been used. I knelt down beside him and pressed the needle into his skin. Percy wasn't showing me his expression. But I knew clearly that it was getting hard to maintain a poker face. He was trembling violently, still sweating hard. I lifted his chin up. His face was pale, nearly as pale as Nico. Looking at him closely, his cheeks were hollow, making his cheekbones more prominent.

He used to be beautiful.

Now he was a skeleton.

I almost wanted to cry. How come I didn't realize? I blinked a few times.

"Ambrosia?"

He shook his head, drawing back. I sighed.

"Still feel sick?"

"No... Just hurts."

"How?"

"It's tight. Really tight."

I bit my lip. "You think you can walk?"

He shook his head slowly. His hand gripped his shirt tightly. I turned off the lights and closed the door.

"Close your eyes."

He shut them tight. I grabbed his shoulders and we dissapated into light.

~

I helped Percy to a bed and let him sit down.

He crawled under the covers and laid his head on the pillow. He rubbed his face, sighing.

"Think you can sleep?"

"Yeah."

I let out a long sigh and sat down on the chair. He was curled up tightly in a ball. I stood up again and picked off his soaked hair off his forehead. He drew away from my hands and raised his arms across his forehead. I paused for a moment in the air.

"Percy."

I knew he was listening.

"What do I tell them?"

"Take me back at dawn." He said flatly.

I stretched and yawned. I needed some sleep. I glanced at Percy before pushinv away the curtain.

I looked around for someone who was staying up the night. I spotted Gus and gestured him to come. He set down his cup of coffee.

"Can you take care of Percy? I'll come at 4."

He looked at the clock. It was 1 AM right now.

"Okay."

"Thanks."

I went to another bed close to Percy's and flopped down. I hoped it was just a stomachache. I snorted. It couldn't be. It wouldn't be. I sighed and turned around. My body was tired, but my mind couldn't stop worrying about Percy.

~

I shook Percy lightly.

He blinked a few times and sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Feeling better?"

He stared at the wall with bleary eyes and shrugged. I felt his forehead. He was a bit warm. I pursed my lips together.

"Maybe you should just stay here."

He shook his head and swung his legs off the bed. He grabbed his coat hanging on the peg and walked out. I followed, slipping into my own coat hastily. It was dark and very cold- the icy wind seeped through my coat. I shivered and jogged to keep up with his pace. He was taking long strides, his head bent against the wind. We hurried to the Posiedon cabin and went back to our own beds.

Leo was snoring, still dangling dangerously off the ledge. I sighed and turned around, looking back at Frank.

His eyes were wide open.

I nearly fell off the bed in suprise. His eyes narrowed.

"Where were you?" He hissed.

I scowled. "Infirmary."

He seemed to realize. "Percy?"

I nodded slightly. He craned his neck trying to see over me and gave up.

"Go back to sleep." I said stiffly.

He turned back to the wall and I was left staring at his back. I sighed and closed my eyes. I didn't want to think about tommorow. I didn't want to think about a week later when I wouldn't be able to see him.

Of course, it was the only thing in my mind.

I was awake till I heard birds chirping. I rubbed my face and sighed. Leo suprisingly didn't fall off the bed. I carefully crawled down the ladder silently and winced as a board creaked under my feet. I glanced at the blanket that was hung to cover the beds. I peeked into Percy's bed. Percy was hugging Annabeth tight, his lips on her head. Annabeth's eyes were open, and she stared at me.

"Should I wake him?" She whispered.

I craned my neck to see his face. He looked a bit more relaxed.

"You think he's okay?" I whispered back.

She nodded slightly.

"Don't wake him."

I put the blanket back into place and went to Reyna's bed. I knocked slightly on the bedstead. She pushed the blanket out of the way and smiled at me.
"Good morning."

"You too."

She yawned and raked her hand through her hair. "Why?"

"Wanna go for a walk?"

She smiled. "Yeah. Wait a minute. I need to brush my teeth."

I shrugged. "I do too."

"I'll get dressed then."

I went down and brushed my teeth and brushed my hair quickly. I went out to see Reyna waiting. She was wearing her Camp Jupiter shirt and jeans. She slipped into the bathroom and I went past, grabbing my coat. She came out in a few minutes and I went out with her. The morning air was chilly, but it wasn't that bad with Reyna. She entwined her arm into mine as we walked around the quiet camp.

"Reyna."

"Victor."

I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm copying you."

I rolled my eyes, smiling. "What... What do you think about Percy dying?"

She looked down at the ground. "I'm not sure." she pursed her lips. "Well, I liked him once. Of course I'm sad about our loss. But in someways... I kind of feel happy for him." she hesitated. "He always wanted to die. And... Dying is ending his pain. He deserves Elysium. We can't keep him tied here."

I nodded slowly. "I understand."

"... It'll be hard to forget him."

"I'm not going to forget him."

She raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Why should I?" I sighed. "How can I forget the times that we spent together?" I glanced at Reyna. "If I died, you think you could forget me?"

"No." she admitted.

"It's the same. I can think about the good times and think about how he will meet Theo, Thaila- and everyone in Elysium. He's going to have a really good afterlife. And I want to remember that he's happy."

She smiled slightly. "You're going to do the same for me?"

"No."

"What?!"

"I'm dying with you."

She nudged me playfully and I looked away, embarrassed from my own words.
I didn't realize there was a sea god listening to us.

~

Percy's POV

I woke up to feel fire.

I wasn't sure though. It was hot. Very hot. But it didn't feel like I was burning. Red hot pain was building up in my chest, and every beat in my heart hurt like it was punching me from the inside. Yes. I wasn't burning. I was still alive, and my skin was sticky. I couldn't make a sound. I couldn't get enough air.

And I was alone.

I knew what it felt when there was somebody near me. The familiar warmth, the bustling of movements.

The air was still.

I let out a soft groan and reached for Annabeth. She wasn't there- only cold blankets. I blinked a few times, gasping for breath. Sweat dripped into my eyelashes, making my vision blurry. I sat up with some effort and took a deep breath. My throat felt stuffy. I stumbled towards the bathrom. Water. Every step felt like I was stepping on heated iron. The intense pain made me throw up on the wooden floor. On my knees, I desperately tried to hold the rest in, pressing down my nausea. My stomach protested to throat and I spat out the rest of yesterday's dinner. A stabbing pain in the back kept me from standing up. My chest throbbed in a slower beat. My mouth tasted metallic. Before I knew it, I was half coughing half vomiting blood from my insides. I could feel my whole body convulsing trying to empty everything in my body. I hit the middle of my chest a few times after the unpleasant symptoms had passed away. The acidic and metallic smell made feel sick again, but I had nothing left in my stomach. My mind muggy, I crawled on my knees to the bathroom, to dizzy to stand up. Sweat dripped down my face from the effort. With some help from the sink, I stood, leaning on the sink. It pressed uncomfortably on my stomach. I turned the faucet on and splashed water on my face hastily. I felt much better after water. I took a deep breath and looked into the mirror.

"Percy!"

Victor had his scarf wrapped loosely around his neck. His cheeks were red. He stomped in the bathroom and grabbed my face.

"What's wrong? Gods-"

"I'm alright."

"You aren't! You-"

"Victor." I put his hands away from my face.

He looked down. I sighed. "I'm really alright now."

I grabbed a bottle of nectar. "I'll clean that up."

I drank the nectar and set it on the dresser. I felt my cheek with the back of my hand. Way too hot. I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"Rest."

Victor had plastic gloves on and... Vinegar. Where the heck did he get it from?
He rolled his eyes.

"You've got to get the smell out, don't you?"

He pushed me towards my bed and I watched him rip some kitchen towels. I sighed and flopped on my bed.

"Victor."

"Yeah?"

"... I'm sorry."

There was a long silence. "You should be." he grumbled.

"I know."

"Shut up then."

"... Victor."

"What?!"

"It hurts."

"... Where."

"Chest. And everywhere else."

"Lack of sleep. And food."

I turned over. "My heart hurts."

"Yeah."

There was a long silence. I stuck my fingers in my hair. It was so messy I couldn't get my fingers out. I closed my eyes.

"Victor."

He didn't say anything. I waited. He still said nothing.

"Victor?"

I lifted my head up. I heard nothing. Alarmed, I scrambled out of the bed. No Victor. I took a step and tripped very heroically on the floor. Grumbling, I picked myself off the ground. I blinked as sweat dripped into my eyelashes. I felt a bit dizzy from standing up so quickly. I laughed at myself. How did I get so weak? I couldn't even stand straight. I looked around. I could only smell the strong smell of vinegar. I took another step and stumbled. I squinted. Was the floor slippery?

I wasn't standing straight.

As that obvious thought hit me, the world teetored to the side. I grabbed my head and the bedstead, trying to keep my head from cracking open but it already was cracking open. Hot pain weaved through my bones and muscles, squeezing me so tight I felt like I would combust. I let a small moan escape my lips as everything went black.

~

"You scared me."

I munched on the orange. "Srry."

Victor scowled as he peeled the orange. "Atleast you're feeling a little bit better."

I looked around the infirmary. I didn't really want to come. It gave me more of a feeling I was sick. I swallowed. I didn't have much time to see my cabin now. Someone knocked on the door. Victor looked around and went to the door. He looked back at me.

"You have a visitor."

I hesitated.

"Come in."

Victor let Posiedon in. I smiled.

"Hello." OMG ADELE IS AWESOME!!

~

He looked uncomfortable.

Victor had gotten us mugs of tea. I plunked a sugar cube in mine, hoping it would mask the bitter taste.

"Want a sugar cube?"

Posiedon smiled weakly and Victor hit me on the head lightly. Posiedon took the sugar cube and sipped his tea, only to frown and dunk a few more.

"Who knew you made such bitter tea?"

Victor scowled. "You two are so similar I can almost imagine two Percy's in this world." his eyes flitted between us.

"Talk." he finished. "Get this over with."

Victor left the room. Posiedon looked down.

"So....."

"That boy is quite rude."

I cracked a smile. "Quite?"

He tilted his head to the side. "I'm afraid he'll be listening."

I laughed. "He's not that bad."

Posiedon raised an eyebrow and sipped his tea.

There was some awkward silence between us.

"... Percy."

"Yeah?"

He looked down. "I'm sorry."

"Why?"

He was silent. I knew this was hard for a god to admit he was wrong.

"It's alright."

He looked up. I smiled awkwardly. His head dropped again and I realized he was crying.

"Hey!" I hesitated, a billion thoughts running through my head. "... Don't cry."

"I can't believe I can't help you." he sobbed. "Even Apollo helped. I can't believe...." his voice trailed off. "I can see you Percy. I just keep on checking on you. And..." he took a shuddery breath. I paused. I didn't know what to say or do.

"Well... That sounds kinda stalkerish."

He didn't say anything. I bit my lip.

"You can help."

His eyes looked up.

"Stay."

"Huh?"

"It's pretty nice to have company."

He smiled dryly. "I'm not very good company."

I shrugged. "Who says so?"

He shifted, laughing while sighing at the same time.

"Alright. Can spare some time."

I relaxed back in the bed, setting my mug to the side. He also set his mug on the small dresser beside him. I closed my eyes.

"Tell me a story."

"... What type?"

"One with a happy ending."

"... What exactly is a happy ending?"

"You know."

He sighed. "Alright. I'll try."

~

Victor's POV

The next 2 days were horrible.

Percy hauled himself around till lunch on the first day, and after some fainting he finally gave up to me and went to rest. That night he kept me awake by a high fever, and thats when he started making sounds.

Thats what really scared me.

He never used to make sounds when he was hurt. Not this much. I couldn't leave his side. Right now, he was pale and tired but better than before. His eyes were clouded and blank. We both were silent. Percy let out a long sigh. I glanced at him. He sunk down in his bed, covering his eyes.

"Can you do anything?"

I set down my clipboard. "Sleep?" I asked helplessly.

"No.... Just.... No."

I carefully went to his side. "You need anything?"

"No." he said tightly.

"... You sure?"

"Yes."

"... I just thought-"

"NO!" He took a deep shuddery breath. "No. I'm.... I'm fine."

I pulled his hands off his face. "Gods, Percy-"

He went limp. I dropped his hands.

"I don't know. Gods- I can't think!" He said, frustrated.

"... Sleep."

He grumbled and dropped his hands on his face. I grabbed a syringe and injected it in his arm. He seemed to relax as he slid down even lower. I watched his chest move up and down, getting slower and slower. I kept one eye on him as I worked. I glanced at the clock, and back at him. It wouldn't hurt to have a quick dinner.... I wasn't able to go for two days he was sick. I glanced at him once more and stepped out the infirmary. I felt the little bit of stubble that had grown while Percy was sick. I shuddered against the cold wind. Everything seemed dreary today. As I went into the pavillion borders, everything became warmer like I had stepped into a heated room. I was glad they still had that around. I blinked a few times. It was nearly Christmas. I felt a bit depressed.

How could Christmas and death be so close?

I quickly scarfed down my dinner and stood up from the Apollo table. When I had came in, Annabeth glanced back at me. She put her finger on her lips. I nodded. I stretched and rubbed my eyes. Sleep kept coming to me in black waves for a long time, and I started dozing off.

"Whoah."

I blinked a few times as Annabeth held me up. I pulled back.

"Get some sleep. It's getting late."

I glanced at the clock to see that it was 10. I gratefully grabbed a blanket and flopped on the sofa, and went to sleep as soon as my head hit the sofa.

~

Percy's POV

I woke up to a lot of pain.

And coldness.

I shivered and grasped my heart. My shirt was wet with sweat. I managed to sit up.

"Shhhh.."

I froze. A sword was at my neck. I looked up slowly to see a dark figure that I knew too well.

"Tartarus."

He raised an eyebrow. "Don't worry. I'm not after you."

My mind was muddled. By the pain and lack of sleep. My head throbbed painfully, sending red hot pain through my whole body.

"I'm after that girl."

I swallowed hard. The sword was still, but his body moved to the side, next to Annabeth's sleeping side. I hissed as he took out another knife.

"Hey hey hey. You're dying anyway. Why not you go with your girlfriend?"

"Are you crazy?"

"You didn't realize."

"Don't you dare." I snarled.

"Why?" He grasped a fist and excruciating pain ran up my spine and to my head, exploding. "I can kill you right now."

I gasped for breath as I reached for Riptide.

"Why then? Why do you have to do this?"

His face crumpled like a piece of paper.

"Because you did the same to me. Twice."

His knife stabbed down, but I barely made a shield of ice above Annabeth. My gut tugged painfully and I took a sharp breath.

"Please... Please don't do this."

"I have to. To save my world."

"Your world."

"Tartarus. Me myself."

I swallowed hard. "Please not Annabeth."

He stared at me for a while.

"Too bad."

Pure agony ripped through my whole body as he clenched his fist tight. I screamed, writhing and grasping my throat. I barely grasped riptide and rifgt before he stabbed down, I blocked his blade.

He stabbed me.

My vision turned red. I couldn't breathe.

This. Yes. This was pure agony.

This was the worst.

Gasping in pain, I stabbed blindly. I knew I had stabbed air. My chest wouldn't let me move. I ripped the knife out of my shoulder and collasped on the bed, breathing hard.

"Watch." he snarled.

I squeezed out all my energy inside me- everything. I could feel my blood being pulled to the magnent I was making. My heart hammered against my chest. Tartarus had collasped.

His blood was boiling.

Poison from the blade pulled towards Tartarus, and he screamed as it burned his skin. His eyes glowed- then exploded with bursts of golden blood. His golden blood seeped into the cracks of the wooden floor. Soon, all that was left of him was a few droplets of blood that was scurrying along to follow their friends.

I hunched over, coughing up blood. Pure agony ripped though my whole body. I could see pictures flash by my eyes, not comforting me but making me yearn for the days when I had a chance. I laughed, but the pain cut me off immediantly.

This was the last time.

I slumped back, feeling my own intestines shut down, my heart beating- slower and slower, the pain becoming the same pace as my heart.

Finally, my heart ended the long journey of my life.

And of course, everything went black.

For the last time.

~

Nico's POV

I woke up with a start.

I winced and felt my head. What the hell was that? Grumbling, I pulled my pillow closer to me and laid back down.

Percy.

A sickening feeling shot through me. I jumped out of bed and ran to the infirmary, not thinking.

No. No- it can't be.

I opened the door harshly and my knees weakened. Victor was collasped on the floor, staring up in horror at the bed.

And Annabeth.

She was hugging a limp body on the bed, patting it's back, repeating the same words.

"Thank you."

I took a few horrfied steps to the bed.

And I could see Percy's face, serene- without a trace of stress. I looked down.
This is the last stand, Nico.

Hades.

"I hate you." I sobbed, hugging Annabeth and Percy.

The last stand.

His body was cold.

I couldn't help but cry.

How could he die like this? All alone? Painfully?

How?

Cruel world. Cruel fates. Cruel author.

"I'm sorry."

~

so. 4214 words.

And Percy's death.

I'm sorry.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

4.4K 42 18
Mortal Au! Everybody has a soulmate. It just takes awhile to find them. A story in which two teenagers decide hating eachother isn't very fun. Starr...
145K 5.7K 26
Hazel just wanted to get out of the hospital, Percy was bound to end up there one way or another. Piper wanted real friends, Annabeth didn't have any...
159K 4.1K 56
Five years after Percy Jackson's disappearance, Olympus is falling, and their enemies are at a new height of power. Camp Jupiter has been destroyed a...
20.7K 1.1K 35
❛ I had a feeling so peculiar, this pain wouldn't be for 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆. ❜ ⎯⎯ ⠀ㅤִㅤ ୨⠀♡⠀୧ ㅤִ...