Two Faces of the Moon

By bellasnook

"You're too nice. I'd love to be the guy that strips you off your innocence." He says as he stomps on his cig... More

P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N

F I V E

80 13 74
By bellasnook

Athena's POV

My first class of the day was PE. Gosh I hate PE so much! I'm not physically coordinated. If you think of the most clumsy/uncoordinated person you know I am probably 10 times worse than that. It's true, I'm not even joking.

I made my way to the girls' locker room where everyone was changing into their PE uniforms. Sadly I got locker number 16. I have no problem with the number 16, it's just that Ysa Valentino's locker is number 15. Every PE time, I try to do my best to avoid Ysa by arriving at the locker room earlier than her but once I caught sight of the black duffel bag with a huge 'YSABELLA' embroidered on it, I knew she beat me here.

That girl moves fast. I mean she was just mocking me earlier. How did she get here so fast?

When I saw her, she was already in her gym shorts and shirt. She stood in the middle of Kaila and Patrice and they seemed to be laughing at something. Their laughter died down once they caught sight of me though.

Patrice gave me that death glare she loves to give and then she turned around and faced the mirror inside her locker as she twisted her hair in a bun with a pink ribbon clipping it down. Kaila moved a few lockers down where her's was as she powdered her face. Last but not the least Ysa walked to the locker next to mine and she delicately placed her duffel inside. The three of them then left without a word uttered.

I quickly changed into my PE uniform which is exactly like Ysa's. Then again it is a uniform oh gosh Athena how stupid can you get? Wait no stop putting yourself down, you're supposed to be lifting yourself up. Wait what?

As I made my way to the gymnasium Coach Jim was just entering. He blew his whistle loudly and that made us all jump and form a straight horizontal line. He stood in front of us with a red rubber ball in his hands. Oh no is this what I think it is? Oh no it is.

"Okay class today we will be playing dodgeball!" He shouted in an enthusiastic way. I knew it. Why? Out of all the games? I suck at dodgeball.

"I have done the liberty of choosing your team captains for you. I have used your participation in my class and your physique as factors in choosing your team captains and in the end I have to go with my boy Aaron Carter and the new kid Jacob Tiamoro." The coach announced. Oh I am so dead. I am so dead.

Jacob and Aaron stood in front of all of us and started picking their team mates. They flipped a coin and Jacob got to pick first.

"Ysa." Jacob said and mixed reactions were received. a bunch of 'Ooh's' were said. So what, Jacob picked Ysa big deal. Did everyone think Aaron would pick her? Then again Jacob did get first pick. You could see in Aaron's face that he was annoyed.

"Pleasure." Ysa commented.

"Hunter my man you back me up?" Aaron asked his friend.

"Anytime bro. anytime." Hunter walked towards him and they did this sort of bro hug/hand shake.

"James, you on my team?" Jacob asked right after Aaron and Hunter did their thing.

"Of course." James smirked and walked towards Jacob and Ysa.

"Patrice I think you'd help." Aaron called.

"Is that a compliment or an insult?" Patrice asked jokingly.

"Kaila, our lucky charm probably." Jacob cheered.

"Whatever." Kaila commented and walked towards them.

The choosing of team mates went on and on. Aaron and Jacob fighting over who gets to be on their team. Soon only two were left, me and Marcel. Jacob was picking for both him and Aaron.

"Hmm... This is a tough decision. I'll have to go with... Marcel." Jacob said and I ended up being picked last... Again.

"Giamini you're last pick. Go ahead and make your way to Team Carter." Coach told me and I walked slowly to Aaron's group.

"Any day now Athena." Ysa mockingly said making the entire class laugh.

The ball was placed in the middle and once coach whistled everyone ran and got their balls. I didn't bother running because I would probably trip and fall face first. I saw that Aaron and Hunter each had one ball and on the other team Ysa, Jacob and Marcel held a ball.

Marcel threw his first and one of the other guys on my team caught it making Marcel first out. Next Aaron aimed his ball at Jacob but he easily avoided it and he threw his ball towards one person on my team sending her out. Ysa started rolling the ball in her hands and then she threw it towards me but I didn't feel it hit me.

I lifted my head and saw Aaron walking off the court with an 'oh well' look on his face. Did he block me? Did he take the ball for me? Why did he do that?

I looked at Ysa and I saw how annoyed she was that Aaron was out. She got another ball and threw it at me but I ran away from it.

As the game went on Ysa eventually got me out and Jacob's team won. "Congratulations Team Tiamoro you did well." Coach said and they high fived each other.

All of us made our way to the locker rooms to shower and clean ourselves up. After my first week in this school I made it a tradition to put my clothes out of my locker before I shower so that I don't have to rush when I'm finished.

I then got my shower bag and walked to one of the cubicles so that I could shower and clean myself because in all reality even if you don't do anything you still sweat in that gymnasium. I showered as fast as possible so that I could beat Ysa who takes really long showers.

As I left the shower room with my towel wrapped around me and my underwear on as well I could hear giggling from a far. I have studied here long enough to know who the owners of those laughs are.

What have they done this time? I rushed towards my locker and saw that my clothes were gone. What? Who could've- Urgh! Ysa. Why? What have I ever done to her?

I quietly made my way towards the exit while making sure that my towel was secure. I looked left and right and I walked out trying to find my clothes.

Suddenly a bright flash blinded me and I could hear laughing. I recognized the laugh as James' laugh. As my eyesight cleared I could see Kaila holding my clothes in her hand.

"Looking for these?" She mockingly said.

"Well guess what, you can't have them." Patrice obnoxiously said and Kaila threw my clothes in the dumpster.

I had no time to comment since everyone started laughing loudly and that's when I realized that all I had covering me was my towel.

I ran as fast as I could towards the girls' locker room and once there I closed the door and crumbled to the ground crying my eyes out. It's always them. I have reason to believe that they have a goal to ruin my life forever.

"Athena." There goes that deep velvety voice that always seems to catch me off guard at times like this.

"What do you want?" I asked him rudely. You can't blame me. His friends just threw my clothes in the dumpster.

"Hey I had nothing to do with that prank." He said and he kneeled down in front of me.

"And so?" I asked him seeing how what he previously said had no connection to my situation right now.

"I have a sweater. Here take it. I don't have any pants but-"

"Jacob it's fine I have spare jeans in my locker." I cut him off and took the sweater from him.

"You just called me Jacob. I think I've never heard you say my name, ever." He joked.

"Whatever. Can you please get out. I need to change." I said shooing him away.

He left me alone and I wore my jeans and the sweater he gave me. I looked down at myself, literally and saw that his sweater reached until my thighs. It was so big on me that I had to fold the sleeves so that it would reach only my wrists. His sweater was a red one and it was my first time wearing someone else's clothes, let alone a guys'.

As I exited the locker room I spotted a furious Ysa talking to a guilty looking Jacob.

"Why did you do that?" Ysa asked in a pissed tone.

"I had to. You wouldn't let her walk around in a towel and get the risk of being harassed." Jacob reasoned with her.

"I was never given that compassion." Ysa angrily said with pure pain showing through her eyes.

"Come on Ysa it's-" He cut himself off when he saw me and then he whispered something to Ysa an she kept a straight face.

"Just make sure you don't let your feelings get ahead of you." She told him and then walked away from him but he quickly followed her. He's like her own personal guard dog.

The rest of the day dragged on. It seemed like a year in that school. Thankfully the final bell rang and so I walked to my locker.

I saw a picture of me earlier in just my towel taped to my locker. I got it and crumpled it. I left it on the floor and opened my locker to see tons of pink streamers scattered around my stuff, Patrice's signature.

Okay don't let it get to you Athena. So Math quiz and assignment in Science. I managed to calm myself down and get the things I needed.

I walked to where I chained my bike to see my bike in pieces. A huge 'Y' was spray painted on the ground where my bike lay. Urgh again with Ysa.

"Hey Athena." Here we go again. What is he some type of night in shinning armor?

"What do you want this time Jacob?" I turned around to face him. He sat on his motorcycle and he looked at me.

"Need a ride home." He offered.

"No thank you." I declined his offer.

"Oh come on Athena, there is no way you are going to fix that bike on you own and fast enough so that your parents don't realize that you were late." He has a point though. Urgh why.

"Fine." I hesitantly said. "What about my bike?" I asked him before riding his motorcycle.

"I'll come back for it and fix it myself." He offered. "Now hop on." He said.

I followed his orders and sat behind him.

"Hold on." He said and I wrapped my hands around his waist.

He rode away from school and I could feel his muscles contract when he had to move fast. I held on tight cause in all honesty I was scared for my life.

Although I would love to be in this position any time. My arms wrapped around him and-

Wait! No Athena, stop thinking like that.

"Could you drop me off a couple houses away?" I requested to keep my thoughts at bay.

"Sure. Anything you wish." He said and he stopped three houses away from mine.

I got off his motorcycle and faced him.

"I'll wash your sweater and give it back to you tomorrow." I told him.

"No problem. Keep it, looks better on you anyway." He complimented.

"Thank you Jacob." I said and he just nodded. He then drove away.

I walked to my house still thinking about Jacob. How is it possible that I'm starting to like someone I never thought of liking?

Inside my house my parents were reading a letter. They greeted me nonchalantly and I looked over my dad's shoulder to see another letter from my brother. Once again like the last one, before I could read it my father crumpled it and threw it in the trash.

"Sweetheart let's make our way to the dinning room shall we, we have guests." I was shock by my mother's change of mood. Wait, we have guests?

I entered the dinning room with my parents and I saw three people. Two of them seemed to be a married couple and they were both brunette's the other was a brunette boy with beautiful brown eyes. A grey beanie covered some of his hair and he wore a grey sweater to match.

"Athena you remember Mr and Mrs Hall." My father said and I nodded with a smile.

"And of course their son Bryce." My mother cheerfully said.

"Of course." I said smiling as I looked at the guy with the beanie.

"Hey long time no see Athena." He said giving me a tight hug.

"You look different. You grew up Bryce." I joked as I hugged him back. He smelled so good. He smelled like caramel and I loved the smell of caramel.

"And you beautiful as ever." He complimented and I blushed at that. Did I forget to mention that Bryce is my best friend since we were in diapers.

"So what brings you here to Northwood?" I asked them.

"Well sweetheart Bryce and his family are moving here." My mother said and my eyes grew wide.

"Really?!" I shouted in disbelief.

Bryce nodded and I jumped and tackled him in a tight hug. At least something good is finally happening. I can't believe it, Bryce is back! I couldn't be happier in

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 36.1K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
54.7K 820 28
I'm baaaaack A collection of things I wrote that I didn't publish yet PLUS new ideas yayyy This one is gonna have certain themes that aren't super po...
789 67 17
A kid devoid of many pleasures of life, including friends, experiences a sudden shower of blessings and wishes. Though, rather than cherishing it wit...
82.1K 1.6K 35
Add in a normal, sarcastic apparently "different" high school girl and "the" hot, popular douchebag of a high school player, and voila : there you go...