Two Faces of the Moon

Oleh bellasnook

"You're too nice. I'd love to be the guy that strips you off your innocence." He says as he stomps on his cig... Lebih Banyak

P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N

F O U R

77 14 29
Oleh bellasnook

Athena's POV

I woke up the next day feeling like a mess. I probably looked a mess as well.

My head hurt. Probably from the smell of the paint that was dropped on me last night.

Urgh! I almost forgot, I have an English paper due Monday. Why didn't I do it earlier on?

I rushed down the steps where my parents sat by the dining table.

"Father could I borrow your laptop?" I asked him once I reached him.

"What do you need it for?" He asked me as he looked at me.

"I have an English paper due on Monday." I told him with a hint of sincerity in my voice.

"Well I need the laptop for my sermons. Do you think you could make your way to the library and use the computers there?" He asked me.

"Of course I can." I said and he nodded.

I walked up the stairs and took a bath. I changed into a sweater and some jeans along with brown ankle boots. Sigh fall. Always has to be so chilly.

I grabbed my pink shoulder bag with a usb, money and some other essentials in there, including my english notebook. I also put my phone in there. It only had my parents' numbers in case of emergency.

I went downstairs and kissed my parents goodbye.

"Be careful." My mother said.

"And don't hang out with those kids I don't like." My father added.

"I will and I won't." I said to answer both pleas.

I rode my bike to the library. Yes I know I'm 16 but that doesn't entitle me to a car. Cars cause accidents and accidents may or may not be equaled to death. Either way you will be hospitalized for it. Well at least that's what my parents say.

I chained my bike to one of the posts as I arrived at the local library. As usual only two or three people were in there.

I don't understand why people don't go to the library. I mean there are thousands and thousands of books in here ranging from history books to young adult literature and even children's books. The library is a place of discovery... Of a different world. Not. Not each other if that's what you were thinking. Well Ysa's group thinks that.

Wait no. Enough dilly dallying I need to finish my paper and save it in a usb and print it at home.

Okay so, what should my paper be about. Oh gosh what are the guidelines? Oh wait they're in my notebook.

Come on Athena stop stressing out. What is wrong with you?

Guidelines:
• any topic as long as it has a connection to the renaissance.
• font Arial 12 double space.
• deadline: Monday, September 6

Okay so... Renaissance. What is the renaissance? How could I forget this? 8th grade history come on Athena.

Oh! Jackpot. The famous painters in Florence. Brilliant! Okay no I just have to go on You Tube and-

Wait! What's this?

Recommend for you:

Awesome Party Prank!!
Posted by: Patrice Jones

Is this? Oh my gosh it is!

I clicked the video and saw what happened to me last night. It was a prank. All that was a prank? I should've known.

I decided to leave the website and just search about the painters instead of watching a documentary. I couldn't focus properly because all I could think about was how mean Ysa and her friends were.

I decided to just save the file in a usb and leave the library with tears streaming down my face.

I biked halfway and stopped at the local park where children played. I sat behind a huge oak tree. It was the oak tree where my mother would read stories to me before while my father played with my brother.

Here we go again with my brother. Why did I have to stop here and sit at this tree? Then again it is the only park here. Why did I have to live in such an exclusive neighborhood.

Wait no stop. You're going against your morals Athena. Remember what father always said, be happy with what you have.

I can't help but question it though. I'm human. I was made to be curious. You can't get angry at me for being curious.

I decided to draw on a small notebook. I drew small circles and then connected them together. In all honesty I drew the most random things when I felt this way which is quite a lot actually.

I drew petals around them so now it looks like a page of flowers or a flower patch. Whichever you pleased.

I started humming some unfamiliar tune. I only knew church songs and this wasn't one of them. Probably heard it from somewhere.

"Athena?" A voice suddenly asked from behind me. The voice was deep and I've only heard it a few times but I already knew who it belonged to.

"What do you want?" I asked my voice cracking. I wiped my eyes and rid them of the tears as the person spoke again.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. Sincerity evident in his voice.

"Why do you care?" I asked my voice fading as I attempted to stand up and leave.

The person held my wrist and spun me around so that I was now face to face with him. I was then came face to face with Jacob Tiamoro.

"Leave me alone." I said attempting to yank my hand away from his grip.

"I'm not leaving you alone until you tell me what's wrong."'he forcefully said.

"Oh as if you didn't know." I complained.

"What?" He asked in a clueless tone.

"You're so clueless. It's your friends' prank." I told him in a tone that wanted to tell him that I don't like this conversation.

"Hey I didn't even know about that." He reasoned with me.

"I wouldn't care if you did. I don't know you." I said forcefully.

I did my best to pull myself away from him but his grip was strong but not strong enough to bruise me.

He pulled me closer to him and he laid his other hand on my cheek. He leaned in towards me and he placed his lips on mine.

It was different. I mean it was my first kiss but it wasn't how I imagined. It was forced yet I loved the feeling of it.

No! Athena you can't do this. Stop him!

I pushed him away from me and I walked away as fast as I could. I for my bike and made my way to my house as fast as I could.

I now find myself sat on my bed leaning against the headboard and wall where my bed was positioned.

I hugged my white furry pillow tightly to my chest as I thought of what happened earlier. Why did he do that? What is he doing? He's messing with my mind!

What could he be doing? What is he playing at? That's against the law right. Forcing someone to kiss you. Oh wait it's not.

Oh gosh Jacob Tiamoro. I'm haunted by the kiss you should never have given to me. (Creds to Star Wars. That line was said by Anakin Skywalker or Padmè Amidala? Either way it's from Star Wars)

What could his reason be? I'm not a mind reader. How are people supposed to figure out what is going on each others mind when they kiss?

Well sorry for asking but I'm may be very knowledgable but in reality there are things I'm not knowledgable about. I guess that's where Ysa beats me. She's smarter and more tactical than me.

Did I just admit that Ysa was smarter than me? Don't tell anybody I said that.

Ysa's POV

Here comes Monday! Oh Monday how I love you. People hate Monday but I love it because it means, hello Athena.

"Ysa!" Someone shouted. I turned around and saw Jacob walking swiftly towards us.

"What?" I asked seriously.

"I did it." He said immediately.

"Did what?" I asked out of curiosity. What did he do? Did I tell him to do something. Oh-

"I think he means the challenge Ysa." Hunter pointed out, rudely interrupting me from my thoughts.

"I knew what he meant Hunter thank you very much." I told him in a sarcastic, tight voice.

"Sorry." He muttered as he motioned for Jacob to continue.

"Anyway I kissed her. Athena Giamini." He said smugly.

"Hmph. I need proof." I told him as I chuckled because there is no way he got to kiss Athena.

"Athena!" He shouted at her from across the hallway and she suddenly quickened her pace.

He did it. He actually did it. I mean I never doubted Jacob but my my Athena Giamini you are unpredictable.

"Looks like you did do it. I must say I am impressed." I smirked at him.

"Told you it was easy." He said smugly once again.

"Sure it was. See Hunter I told you it was easy. You're the wimp that couldn't do it." I turned my attention to Hunter.

"Don't call him that." Kaila inserted.

"Who are you tell me that?" I asked her in a proper tone.

She kept silent and i turned back to Hunter and Jacob as James spoke.

"So how did you do it?" He asked in an I'm-proud-of-you way.

"Easy. I saw her crying in the park and I took the chance." He said in a smug tone.

"Keep that smug attitude down Jacob we don't want a problem do we." I told him and walked away.

"Oh I want a problem, if it means I get to chase you." He said and walked after me.

"Do we follow them?" I heard Kaila ask.

"We follow them." Aaron told them and they slowly followed us to our first class. PE. Did I mention. Athena Giamini's in this class.

What a joy it is to make fun of her lack of physical coordination.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

123 26 19
things I wish to say.
1.2M 41.3K 32
He was never mine. He was always hers. But my heart decided to fall for his Not So Pure Love
662 44 17
"Relationships," he starts. "They can either go horribly wrong or very right." COMPLETED
117 0 27
It's your typical love story, except it's not. She fell in love hard and fast, he fell in love too fast. My best friend, my partner in crime, my comp...