Fairytail: The Demon King

By cmmacomber

CREDIT FOR THE AMAZING COVER IS @Staria_Tube . Thank you so much! It means a lot that my story was so well lo... More

Chapter One: back to fairytail
Chapter Two: sacrifices
Chapter Three: the job
Chapter Four: is it really you?
Chapter Five: he finally talks!
chapter Six: team natsu together again
Chapter Seven: the enemy
Chapter Eight: the girls who makes demons
Chapter Nine: finding information
Chapter Ten: a world of white
Chapter Eleven: oh holy night
Chapter Twelve: you made a mistake of hurting fairytail
Chapter thirteen: please stop crying
Chapter Fifteen: stained with pain
Chapter Sixteen: the captured
Chapter Seventeen: the city of embers
Chapter Eighteen: all I want
Chapter Nineteen: I saved you
Chapter Twenty: The God who took all
Chapter Twenty One: Isabelle
Chapter Twenty Two: a heartbreaking truth
Chapter Twenty Three: scary stories
Chapter Twenty Four: an old friend
Chapter Twenty Five: The queen of darkness
Chapter Twenty Six: broken
Chapter Twenty Seven: The alliance
Chapter Twenty Eight: the tunnel
Chapter Twenty Nine: the scales of good and evil
Chapter Thirty: dancing with demons
Chapter Thirty One: morina
Chapter Thirty Two: fire dragon slayer
Chapter Thirty Three: a bond between immortals and the etherious
Chapter Thirty Four: the Queens rage
Chapter Thirty Five: secret agenda
Chapter Thirty Six: black carpet
Chapter Thirty Seven: a fight between the cursed
Chapter Thirty Eight: country demolisher
Chapter Thirty Nine: a creature of death

Chapter Fourteen: the start of a demons memory

816 30 3
By cmmacomber

"How far away is this place?" Lucy asked in the passenger side of a magic velicle. E.N D was driving. It was weird seeing him do it effortlessly. Natsu could never drive because of his motion sickness but, this moment made her remember the time in edolas. The natsu there loved driving fast. She giggled a little bit remembering how shy and scared he was of everything when he wasn't driving.

"It'll take twenty hours of driving. We'll have to stop a few times for breaks and switching get drivers though and what was up with that giggling?" He laughs.

"Just thinking about edolas natsu."

"Oh right, he bugged me."

"How do you know him?!" She glares at the demon king.

"I've seen it all, luce."

She shrugs, "like you saw everything natsu saw?"

"Exactly."

"I've wonder how everyone is doing behind us..." She turns her whole body to look out the back window.

"I'm sure they are fine."

They sat in silence for a while. The atmosphere slightly awkward.

"So, tell me about yourself." Lucy finally says trying to smile at him.

"What do you want to know?" He watches her questionably

"I don't know... um... just tell me something, anything."

He thinks for a minute, "I love learning."

"Learning?!" Her laugh booms throughout the velicle.

"Why is that so funny?" He asks defensivly.

"Natsu hated it. The mention of the word books and he was fast asleep in a second."

"Oh, true," he smiles slightly, "now tell me something I don't know about you."

"Well, if you saw everything natsu saw, then what don't you know about me."

"Just think of something. I don't care if you remind me of anything."

"Well.... I secretly used to want natsu to sleep over every night even though,I would freak out and try making him leave." She blushes skightly.

E.N.D gives her a look of annoyance, "well, duh! Everyone knows that! Except you and natsu for crying out loud that was lame," he rolls his eyes, "make the next one better."

"Ugh, fine! Tell me something again." She says crossing her arms and pouting.

"I've went to school before."

"I'd assume you were when you were human."

"No, I was too young then. It was when I was a demon."

"Really? Why?"

He smiles sadly, "for only one reason."

-----

Etherious natsu dragneel ran from the tartoros headquarters. It was his first time away from it. He ran fast, his small legs growing tired. He was curious about the outside world even though his brother zeref forbid him to go out but, he was stubborn. Curiosity and wonder controlling him.

Natsu reached a small town and could here screaming and laughing probably a mile away. He ran towards the sound. People looked at him questionably. Then he reached the sound he heard. He didn't know what it was but, kids his age were everywhere. All of them running around playing.

"I'm going to my friends house after school," he heard a kid say to another.

"Friend?" Natsu mumbled, intently thinking of its meaning. He always though him and the demons were friends but, this all seemed different somehow.

Natsu wanted to go closer and play with them. He always tried to back at the guild but, no one was up for it. He started walking over without thinking till he heard a voice. He turned around to see.

A young woman came up to him with a kind smile, "hi, my name is miss. Kimura. What is your name?" She bent down to match his height.

He blushes, "my... my name is Natsu Dragneel..."

"Natsu... meaning summer. What a perfect name." Her smile was sweet, her eyes filled with kindness and light, "do you go to school here? I've never seen you."

"No, I don't go to any school. I'm more like home schooled. What kind of things to do you learn here?"

"A little bit of everything, reading, writing, science, art, history, and math. Then later on we teach the students magic. It's a school for wizards but, I can tell you can use magic."

"I can! I use fire!" He shouts with excitement, his fists lighting on fire.

She laughs softly, "you seem pretty good at it for your age. Would you like to go to this school?"

"That's would be great!" He was happy then his body slumped with sadness, "I don't think my brother will let me...." He looks down at his feet.

"Well, all you can do is ask. I hope it works out. You seem really smart. It'd be nice to have a student like you."

"Will I get friends?" He smiles.

"Many friends."

His eyes turned huge, "I want that so much. I'll defiantly talk to him!" He turns and leaves back to the guild to find Zeref.

When he reaches it, his brother was waiting for him. His face showed worry and anger.

"Where were you?" He asks

"Adventuring," he answers with his famous grin.

"Really now? Where did you go?" He bends down to him and smiles, "you're all dirty."

"I was in the woods," he says matter of fact.

The black wizard laughs for a second, "I told you not to leave here. How far did you go? You're probably cold. You forgot you're jacket." He slips it onto his little brother.

"I guess I was cold slightly. You'll be mad at me if I tell you were I went but, I have no choice. I have to tell you," he smiles was huge, "I went to that small town near here. They have a school. I saw other kids my age and I talked with a teacher I think."

His brother looked terrified, "oh..."

"What's wrong?"

"It isn't safe for you out there... it's not time for you to be exposed to the world."

"But, I'm ready." He pouts.

"I know that you think you are but, you don't fully understand. Someday you will. You'll leave here when it's time to find me."

"I don't want you to leave..."

"I know. It's hard for me too but, you need to fulfill your destiny. You remember it right?"

"How could I forget, you and Mard Geer remind me everyday," Natsu says it with irritation.

"I'm sorry," he smiles tenderly.

"I want to go to school." The demon tells him, trying to sound brave.

"You cant...." depression showed on his older brothers face.

"Please.... I want to... so badly... I'm sick of doing the same thing everyday. Please..." Tears were falling from the little boys face.

Zeref couldn't say no to that face. He didn't want to hurt him. They were finally together again after so long, "fine.... you can go. What do I have to do to get you enrolled?"

"We can go to the school tomorrow." His face brightens up and he grins again. Zeref lived for that smile.

"Alright. You got it. You'll be a student."

"You're the best! I can't wait!" The brothers hug for a long time. Zeref was scared of how his magic was going to react in that town but, he had to do this. He wanted his brother to feel happiness and do what he was always meant to do when he was human. His littke brother Natsu was going to school.

-----

"I can't imagine a demon caring about going to school," Lucy says.

E.N.D didn't tell her anything about the memories that just flashed into his mind, "well, I'm a special demon. Different than any of zeref's creations. From awakening as a kid who was once human and still having those memories, I felt human emotions even though Mard Geer always thought it being bad. He eventually convinced zeref of it..."

Lucy was shocked, "you really feel things? What Raynare was saying was true?"

He scoffs, "not really. It's hard to explain. Us demons are driven to destroy zeref and the world. We are supposed to be obsessed with it. We can't help it."

"You can always have a choice."

"No, it was the reason we were created. It's in our blood so to say... it's not a choice, it's fate and destiny. There's no way to run away from it. It's how our minds work."

"That's sad..."

He didn't know what to say to that. She was right. It was sad but, he didn't want to admit it to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Secrets By Izzy

Fanfiction

22.7K 832 13
My name is Natsu Dragneel and I am a Fire dragon slayer at the Fairy Tail guild. I care deeply for my comrades and I will protect them with my life...
774 94 21
"It's been quite a journey, hasn't it, mother and father? Who would've thought it would've turned out this way? Who knows... what's yet to come for u...
25.8K 971 28
*EDITED* Natsu Dragneel knew he was a half demon and Zeref's little brother from the start. He trained with Igneel, and also joined the Fairy Tail gu...
124K 3.7K 25
My name is Zeref Dragneel. I'm your brother. Natsu. My beloved brother, has finally understood. He will finally kill me. Thank you, Layla, Anna...