lovestruck † hs

the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... Еще

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 39

2.2K 49 15
the1dfanfics

Rachel's POV

I keep going over the way Harry reacted when I told him about my letter from UCL, and my heart keeps fluttering. It sounds crazy, but I've never seen someone so proud of me. Yeah my parents have been proud of me for my loads of accomplishments, but Harry had me feeling so appreciated and loved and actually...worth something. He sounded genuinely happy.

He and my cousins got off work and came straight here, arriving at nearly the same time coincidentally. I was surprised at how quick I landed myself in Harry's arms when he walked through the door. Even though I just moved out that day, it seemed like a lifetime. He held me so tightly, and when I invited everyone to sit on the couch for my announcement, he immediately pulled me to his lap. As I explained the news, my cousins clapped with joy, happy to hear I got a chance. Harry pecked my cheek, wrapping his arms tightly around me, whispering that I have nothing to worry about impressing them, and that he is so proud at how ambitious I am, so I couldn't help myself from sharing a quick kiss with him on the lips, not wanting to give my cousins a full show.

After just plainly hanging out with my cousins for a couple of hours, well mainly my cousins and Harry becoming more acquainted, Harry decided it was time for him to go since he had an early session of training in the morning. Something got me quite suspicious, because when I kissed Harry a final goodbye, he smirked and said, "Be ready for a surprise tomorrow.."

Well, it's tomorrow, and I don't know what the surprise is.

One thing I know, is I hate sleeping without Harry. I woke up once from a nightmare, then barely slept the rest of the night. So whatever the surprise is, it better involve taking even a nap with him.

"Still don't know what Harry was talking about?" Hayley asks, looking up from her phone.

I sigh, putting down my fork. "Not a clue."

The two took me out shopping at the huge mall about an hour and a half away, get my nails done, and even set me up to get a haircut, something I needed. However, I made the decision to cut it shorter than I ever expected myself too, and now it's to my shoulders than to my mid-back. I figured it would be easier to maintain, but then I got skeptical. After convincing me I look fine and that Harry will love it, I was treated to a late lunch to celebrate my great news, a very thoughtful present. Though today I've been distracted by being in the gutter of Harry's plans, no sleep, a crazy new haircut, and a very...let's just say bloody nightmare.

Suddenly my phone buzzes and I jump, snatching it from my bag, losing grip, and nearly throwing it on the table, making a small scene. I cover my face and my cheeks grow redder than red with embarrassment as customers seated around us look at me.

"Damn could you be more obvious?" Jennifer teases.

I glare at her before picking up my phone, the name Harry on the screen making me smile.

Picking you up at eight. Can't wait to see you, Angel. -H x

Excitement races through my veins and I set my phone down on the table, clapping quietly.

"What is it?" Jen questions.

"Harry's taking me out on our third official date!" I squeal, gaining a couple of stares. I realize I seriously need to shut up, because I could give a way a lot more than just a hot date with my famous boyfriend if I don't stop now.

I wonder what we're doing. I pick my phone back up and begin to type, asking him what the plan is when I receive another text.

No questions asked, princess. xx

I shake my head and begin to giggle. He knows me too well.

I put my phone away and finish my meal when Hayley tilts her head. "Wait, only your third official date? You two seem like you'd have more. Then again, it must be hard to go out when he's busy, and famous."

Now that I think about it, it does seem quite weird thinking of normal relationships, that we've dated for almost a month now, and yet we've only gone on two dates. However we've spent a lot of time together, but not a proper date. Then again, he and I are so unique. I wouldn't change a thing we've done so far.

"What time is he getting you?" Hayley folds her hands, propping her elbows up and resting her chin there.

"Eight!"

Hayley grabs her things, "Damn we only have a four hours to get you ready! Don't eat anymore, we are leaving now to get back in time. You need to shower, dress, look gorgeous--"

"Done solely by us of course," Jennifer credits.

"Then fix up your hair..which curling may look weird..." Hayley sighs, "Just a lot of work to do! Come on then," she takes my purse and shopping bags, drops money on the table and stands up.

"Really?" I ask, a mouth full of my delicious meal.

"Yes!" They sass back in unison, reminding me of how identical they are.

Hours later, I've got my finishing touches, a final spray of hairspray, and my hair falls in loose curls, looking rather cute. As Jen puts away the numerous materials stare at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing the black dress that my cousins bought for me a few weeks ago, and it looks swell on me. It sticks to my body, not in a tacky way, but in a slimming way. I wonder what Harry will think of my hair...

I hear the light ringing of the doorbell, and I jump, but not as much as my cousins do. They both rush to the door, answering for me. The sound of Harry's smooth voice rings through the echoes of the flat and I slip on my shoes, scurrying to grab my purse. When I exit the hallway, my eyes go to him and he raises his brows, smiling brightly at me.

"You look breathtaking," Harry murmurs, stepping toward me. "And your hair...its beautiful. Shorter than mine," he giggles, making me giggle as well.

I take in his look, he's wearing these black and white striped pants and a black blouse, a simple blazer on top. Casually not so casual, and he looks unbelievably handsome.

Harry wraps his arms around my waist, letting his eyes rake down my body, taking a pause at my small amount of cleavage before meeting my eyes and smirking. I lean up to kiss his sweet lips and he teases my lips by licking the bottom lip before kissing my lips softly and slowly. When we pull away Harry raises his eyebrows and his lips curl into a grin.

"You look great tonight," I tell him, squeezing him tight.

A noise take us out of our trance, and we both look right Jennifer and Hayley, who are both grasping onto each other and stumbling over their own feet with huge smiles on their faces.

Harry's focus strays back to me. "So I've got reservations, let's go?" he laughs, causing everyone else to. My cousins are making this awkward for me..

"Have loads of fun!!" Jen squeals, her and Hayley walking behind us as we head out.

"Bye guys! Harry, keep her until tomorrow, she needs it," I hear Hayley groan.

Before I can snap at her, the door is shut behind us, and Harry takes me to his car.

The restaurant isn't far, and Harry tells me he just hopes everything goes smoother this time and that we can actually eat out and have a proper meal, reminding me of last time.

We pull up to the restaurant soon enough, and I recognize it. The extravagant exterior, checkered floor, and many limos I've seen in the area. I always thought of it as the place where celebrities went, so expensive and classy, and now I'm about to go. It's..weird...

Harry's voice takes me out of my thoughts. "Now, remember what I said before. You do not have to answer the cameramen, just keep walking and keep your head down. I'll lead you, alright love?"

I nod, and Harry and I drive up to the valet, and flashes start to brighten up the space around me. My car door is opened by a valet driver and I look over to see Harry already exiting so I follow. Keeping my head down, I wait for Harry to take my hand and when he does, we walk in, the flashes really getting to me, and the yelling giving me a fright.

Safe from the paparazzi, I rub my eyes carefully not to destroy the makeup but to get the irritation out.

"I'm sorry baby, you okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry," I assure him with a smile. Worry flashes in his eyes, but it deteriorates when I stop rubbing, step into his arms, and hug him.

The hostess signals us next and we find ourselves seated at a small modernly candlelit table for two. I look around the place, at the many posh people eating their meals, the dim lights, modern black and white decor with some gold accents. This is such a nice restaurant, it feels insane I'm eating here. There's got to be famous people here. This just feels surreal, too surreal to even actually feel wrong, like I'm out of place. I've still got so much excitement however, I can't help but smile. I'm a girl who doesn't mind some fancy from time to time. I never expected to be somewhere so nice though.

I turn to look back at Harry, who's just gazing at me, a soft smile pasted on his face and his eyes look dreamy. He, he is dreamy. His staring makes both of our smiles grow, and of course his dimples make their delighted appearance.

"W-what?" I laugh, pushing some of my hair out from my face.

"You...you are so beautiful," he tells me with much sincerity, shaking his head as if in awe. I giggle, feeling a little sheepish. His compliments still never cease to amaze me, and I still have a hard time with them. As I nervously stare down at the menu, I can still feel those gorgeous, honest eyes of his resting on me.

Harry's POV

I can't stop looking at her. She looks absolutely stunning. The light of the candles around us shining in the dimness reflects on her white skin, radiating beautifully. This dress on her, it accentuates her body exquisitely. She's a little stiff in her heels, yet making them look lovely. This new hair style, she's definitely outdone herself. She looks gorgeous no matter how she's styled for me.

I cannot stop myself from admiring her now. Rachel so curiously looking around the large room, eyes big and beaming with awe, lips parted in a grin. Adorably getting shy at my gaze, that's what I adore about her. She will beg for my touch, have her moments of glee where she gets excited, doing that little thing where she scrunches her nose when she hears something funny. Yet, I'll compliment her, or tell her how gorgeous she is, and those cheeks of hers turn a darker shade of pink, she will push her dark hair behind her ear, and eyes turn down. I will never not take the opportunity to explain to her how seriously perfect she is, no matter how embarrassed she feels. She deserves to know.

How I managed to get lucky with someone as amazing as her is beyond me.

Though this isn't about me tonight. Definitely not. This dinner is for her, how proud she has made me. She's ambitious and hasn't let anything stop her, and I admire her so much for that. I know she will do excellently in her interview that's in a few days.

The waiter comes and goes, serving us champagne I decided was rather needed, and the two of us order something light, though portions here aren't too extravagant. Our conversation, like the champagne, never grows empty, staying bubbly and chattery throughout it all. As the check comes, and I have to remind her not to pay, I decide to sort of surprise her by taking her out after this, without my car.

When all is paid, I stand, immediately helping her rise by taking her hand. Fingers still entwined, I lead her out and we reach our car, the paparazzi not having died down. Both inside, I tell her my plan, "We can drop this off at the flat, and take a stroll out, yeah?"

She looks at me, a little surprised. "You mean, like walk around in public right now..together?"

Honestly I can't help but laugh, "Yes, my love. I do it sometimes, well, as much as I can. We can't stay locked in forever."

Even though the lads and I have been on our break, the cameramen never cease to die down. Yeah we've done little performances here and there, but we are still on the break. This means I don't get to stay locked in hotel rooms, and I'm in my own place. Just because I've got a girlfriend now doesn't mean I've got to hide away. She and I should experience a nice walk together, something relaxing, instead of being confined in each other's homes. I wanted to take her out, and this date isn't finished yet. Though, that doesn't mean we won't be returning to my place later. I know she wants to come to my place and 'sleepover' like we discussed.

"I'd love to, I've never been walking out in the city at night!" Rachel beams, clapping her hands childishly. This must be perfect then, though I really wonder how she hasn't, it's lovely in the evenings here.

I start my car, and drive carefully to avoid any of the close countering cameramen. However there's no telling that we won't be photographed as we walk about.

After I park the car at my apartment building, I take her hand and we head out for the sidewalk, the busy street still filled with cars even in the late hours.

I only plan to walk this ongoing street, not incredibly far because of her shoes which must be uncomfortable. We can see the shop windows, talk, look at the stars, it doesn't matter as long as I'm with her. I look over to her as she searches her surroundings, experiencing this new activity, even though we've walked these streets before in the day, maybe she hasn't paid much attention to whats actually here. Her hand shivers in mine, and suddenly I stop, take off my blazer and hand it on her bare shoulders. Of course she must be freezing, my poor angel. I should have noticed before.

"Thank you," her teeth lightly chatter. The streets may be busy, though the usual rush on the sidewalks has died down some and we don't seem to be gaining attention. So far at least.

We come across the cafe she works at, already closed. It would have been nice to get coffee, but I think we are okay. As we pass it, she leans into my body, and I wrap an arm around her to warm her more. I'm somewhat shaking, feels like nerves. Suddenly I remember why I have nerves in the first place, I have to tell her something.

I look straight ahead, "So, the lads and I have an interview coming up.."

"Oh yeah? So we both have interviews then."

I'm not too sure she realizes what this means, I wouldn't expect her to really. "Yes princess, and this interview for the band and I means that you and I will probably be a topic." I look down to Rachel, and she stares up at me, brows furrowed slightly.

After a pause, she speaks, sounding a little down. "Oh.."

"Don't worry," I assure her, "I'm not giving anything out that's only for us to know. Whatever they ask, I'll answer and of course protect our privacy. I don't have to say we are even dating, but I don't have to deny it either. I can say whatever you want me to, baby."

She taps her finger to her lip, "Okay...that's fine then. Whatever you want to say Harry will be okay. Even if you don't say we are dating, or even if you called me a close friend, it doesn't matter to me."

"You know I told you we could never be just friends, and I am not much of a liar," I tease, and she nudges me over playfully causing me to nearly trip as we walk.

"And you know I don't have permission to even date you," she shrugs, showing me her sass but also quoting her mum, causing me to laugh louder than I planned. Her face lights up and she throws her head back, laughing as well.

As the laughter dies down, I recall something, "You know, this interview will be on the radio, so you can listen while I'm on air."

"Really?!" Rachel's excitement displays, and she has to pull up my blazer on her body after it slides down. I nod and she returns to my arms as we continue on our stroll. "I'm looking forward to this, it's kinda like I get to see you in action..well, hear you at least."

I chuckle, "But this interview isn't the only thing coming up." I know she doesn't want to talk about it much, but I am not going to ignore her special day.

"What, my college interview?"

"Or your twenty-first birthday next week.." I try to contain my smile.

"Oh...that.."

"Come on, love, what could be so bad about a birthday?" I'm really curious to know.

She leans her head to my arm, "Not that it's bad, it's just that I don't really care much. August fourth has always been a normal day for me, besides just holding a title of my birthday. My parents didn't do much for me, a cupcake and maybe a sweater or something, and that used to bother me when I was younger but I just started not to care."

I wouldn't say this aloud to sound rude, but what kind of parents were hers? When did they think making her feel under appreciated and low was correct? Do they even know what kind of an angel she is? How amazing of a girl they brought into the world?

"Not on my watch, you are going to have an actual birthday this year where you will feel like you are actually being celebrated," I declare.

"You don't have to--"

I interject, "Thats just it, Rach, I want to." I peer down to her, and she glances down, back to me, and then down again. Quickly she leans up to kiss my cheek before going back to looking down again, a smile pasted to those soft lips of hers.

"Now I just have to find something to get you..." I ponder aloud. Suddenly, I stop walking and turn to the numerous little shops lined up on this long street walking closer to them. "See anything you fancy?"

She appears at my side, laughing, "Harry there are mostly souvenir stores here."

"No," I disagree. She is definitely right, though there's a few boutiques here and there. I look at the ones closest to us. "There," I point. We walk closer to this lingerie store, and she starts to laugh again when she figures out what it is, and I really try to hold back my laughter. I mainly try to do this to get her to laugh, my most favorite sound of hers. Though it can be hard to choose just one of those ravishing sounds that come out of her mouth...depending on what situation we are in..

"Really Harry?" Rachel giggles, walking to the window of the shop and leaning on it.

"Hey, I'll buy whatever you want from wherever, but if you don't choose, then it's my choice baby," I tell her. "You know how much I love that polka-dotted set of undies you've got."

"Harry!" she scolds, though I can't take her serious with that smile of hers. She looks back into the window, and I smirk aloud at the fact she's getting intrigued with its display items.

"Harry, I am not actually interested!" Rachel protests, but I can see through that lie.

"Oh of course not," I agree, sarcastically, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"I'm serious! All I was about to say, was that the one on that mannequin is rather raunchy, don't you agree?" she points.

This lie is priceless. It's all in her eyes, you can tell by how she can't take her eyes off the damn thing she's thinking about if she'd like it for herself. Shes wondering how good she would look in it, and I could answer that for her in a heartbeat she would look unbelievable. She's right about one thing, it's the most revealing on display. If she wants it, why the hell would I argue?

"Whatever you say princess," I giggle, and she pouts at my behavior. I take a step to her and give her a kiss on her forehead, pulling her to me. "Let's go home and see what adorable pair you are wearing today," I can't help but tease her one more time, I love seeing her so loose.

"Maybe we won't see whats underneath at all.." she keeps her pouty lips as we walk, and I just want to stop, grab her, and kiss her now.

"Ah, but I know you too well you very much want to show me," I kiss her forehead again as we head back.

Minutes pass, and we get nearer to my building, however the closer we get the better I see the cameramen waiting for us.

Shit.

Once they see us, all we see are flashes coming as close as possible to us. There's only three, so not completely horrible, but I'm the one of us who is used to it.

"Oi, Harry! Big fan of yours!" One of them yells.

"Thank you," I tell him, putting my hand on Rachel's back to lead her through, and she tries hard to keep her head down.

"Who are you miss?!"

We both stay quiet, nearing the door. The question gets repeated by each guy, and then they begin to ask me.

"Please, can you leave--"

" 'arry who you got there?" I'm interrupted again.

I stop, and face the man, "Please sir, could you leave us some privacy?" My voice remains as calm as I can keep it.

"Yeah! 'Course! Come on guys, bye Harry!"

"Thank you, bye," I tell them, and Rachel and I speed walk to the apartment entry.

Once we make it in she speaks, "You're way kinder than to them then I'd be.."

"It's worse throwing a fit and making bad press. And come on babe, you can't hurt a fly, let alone one of them?"

"I could..I'd yell at them," she smiles matter of factly as we enter the elevator, and I wait until the door closes to rush up and kiss her, catching her off guard.

I lift my lips for a moment to say, "I've waited ages to kiss you properly it seems," before I continue. My tongue begs for entry to her lips she she allows, parting them with a slight moan.

Somehow we make it from the elevator to my apartment, and somehow from the front door to my bedroom. That's where we remain, where I ripped that perfectly tight dress off, teased her for seconds of her choice in undergarments, and showed her how much I loved her intimately.

Immediately after I did everything she loved, she begged for my shirt to wear, which of course I gave to her, then after I undressed completely besides my boxers, she pulled me to her and wrapped her limbs around me.

"I love you, so much..I miss sleeping here next to you. I don't like being alone..." she whispers to my chest before trailing off, falling sound asleep on me.

What happens when she's alone?

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

160K 5.5K 24
Maybe she never should've joined the game. SHORT STORY.
17.9K 1K 90
♡♡♡ "Every one called her Doll , everyone thought she was crazy. Everyone made fun of her, everyone thought she was a murderer but no one had proof t...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
25.4K 623 9
*female reader insert fic* You and Harry are best friends who start an arrangement. When he meets someone new and your arrangement ends, you're left...