VAMPIRE'S DRAGON

By chaneybob

Minnow's life changed in a instant. One minute she was a care free teenager, the next she's confronted with v... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Eight

467 26 4
By chaneybob

My mom came out and joined me and I smiled at her as she sat down beside me. "You okay Minnow?" Was I okay I didn't know but if I said I wasn't my mom would make me sit there explaining my feeling and right now I don't think I had any. " I'm fine but can I ask you something."

"Of course, anything you know that."

"If I turn into a vampire like Cale will it break the mate bond with Jack?"

"I would think so as vampires and Were's don't coexist well together and vampire pregnancy is very rare, and vampire and another super natural mix has never resulted in pregnancy. So with out you being able to get pregnant it would most likely break the bond, but you can't pin all your hopes on turning Minnow. You are going to have to deal with him sooner then later."

"Why he said he was letting me go."

"Like he had a choice." My mom said smiling wickedly then patting my knees with her hand.

"Mom were you the cause of the crashing inside." I asked already knowing the answer.

"Of course, no one tells me whats best for my daughter especially someone who has only known you for less then a day. Plus I don't like the way he looks at you."

"Thank you."

"You never have to thank me Minnow I'm your mom. Come on we have a plan to catch."

We both stood and I followed her back inside the house, only Jamie and her uncle Marco were left in the kitchen."Are we ready?" Marco asked when we walked in.

"Yes, the sooner the better."

"Minnow you need to think of what to do about Jack."

"I don't even know him and I don't like him, he's to I don't know over powering."

"Trust me Minnow you haven't seen power until you have seen Jack in action."

"Well its a good thing we are leaving the distance will be good for him."

"Minnow just give him a chance.?"

"A chance for what, you are about to drive me to the airport."

"No Jack's going to drive you to the airport." My mom growled at him."I can growl louder Sydney and you promised."

"Fine but he's not coming to Maine Marco."

"He is not of my clan or species I can't tell him what to do."

"What, who said anything about him coming with us."

"He's not Minnow don't worry he's just driving us to the airport." My mom left the kitchen and I followed her into the front hall where are suite cases and boxes were waiting and so was Jack. I stood by the front door trying to ignore him but he wouldn't let me as he came and stood beside me. "I smell that your still wearing dryer sheets, Perfume de Mountain Clean."

"If you don't like it you better stay away."

"Oh I like it, the smell is intoxicating mixed with your natural scent." He said as he inhaled deeply. "To remember you by."

I wasn't sure if I could handle the ride to the airport with him my tummy was already getting hot and he smelled really good, I moved away closer to Jamie who was watching us. "Can you help me out here?"

"Do what, I would have to strip naked and do the jig for him to even notice me."

"So you won't do it for your best friend."

She started laughing."Come on I will help you take the bags out to Jack's car, the boxes I'll ship out to you when you give me your new address."

"Fine I need some fresh air."

"Sydney do you need some help with your bags?" I turned back at Jack's voice but regretted it as he may have been talking to my mom but he was watching me walk away and he winked at me when he caught me looking at him. He looked even more yummy today wearing black form fitting jeans and a skin tight black t-shirt, he wore black army type boots, in other words he looked sexy as hell.

"If you don't stop looking at my under age daughter like that I won't even invite you back east as I promised."

"She turns eighteen in three weeks."

"Eighteen is still under age for you dragon."

He started laughing and the sound was magical I turned and left the house, I wonder what else my mom promised Jack but I know that if I had anything to say about it he won't be coming anywhere near Maine. I met Jamie at the car, she had already put my heavy suite case and duffle bag in the trunk and I put the suite case and over night bag beside them. "There doesn't seem to be enough room left for your mom's stuff."

"No need to worry Jamie I pack light the rest of the stuff your uncle is shipping back with Minnow's. Here Minnow put this in the back please." She handed me her suitcase that she was carrying and when I grabbed it I nearly fell over and would have if Jack didn't catch me.

"Falling for me now Minnow."

"You only dream."

"Every minute since we met."

"I will revoke your driving privileges if you keep insisting on talking to my daughter that way."

"Afraid she will come around Sydney."

"Yes." He started laughing and both my mom and I glared at him, I managed to straighten up and move away from Jack.

"I wouldn't, he's not my type." I said walking towards my mom trying to ignore the tingling of my body where he had touched me and the damn itchy mark behind my ear was driving me crazy.

"Stop it Minnow he's everyones type." I stared at her with my mouth hanging open. "What I'm married not dead." When I looked at her raising my eyebrow she physically winced. "Well dead is how you perceive yourself and I'm clearly not."

"Okay you two still realize he can hear you right?" Jamie said shaking her head at us, as she came closer to me I grinned at her. She had her long blonde hair pulled up in a tight pony tail which showed off her baby blue eyes, her father maybe hispanic but she got her coloring from her mom. I think that was one of the reasons her dad let her move in with his brother vampire friend aside, she just looked to much like her mom, he sill morned her or so I've been told I haven't seen him in years and it was brief.

"I am going to miss you so much." Jamie said wrapping me in her arms and hugging me tight.

"Your not coming to the airport to say goodbye."

"Of course we have to do some recon as a precaution."

"Recon."

"Don't mock me."

"Never." I said letting go of her. "See you at the airport."

Jamie went to the SUV that her uncle and David were waiting in and I climbed in the backseat of Jack's black fancy car as there was no way I was sitting beside Jack the hour ride to the airport. My mom and Jack got in and he turned over the engine and it roared to life. I sat back into the leather seat and closed my eyes, I was excited to see my dad again even though he just left I still missed him, so that's what I thought of when we fell asleep.

I woke up when the car suddenly stopped and I was jerked by the seat belt. "Ah,"I said as I rubbed where the seatbelt touched my skin, I looked to my mom but she was focused on her cell phone in her hand and Jack was looking over to it every few seconds. When the light turned green we were off again but in stead of turning right and heading for the departure lane we turned right and headed to the exit. "Hey what's going on we missed our exit."

"Change of plans honey, we need to leave."

"Why what's going on mom, and tell me the truth."

"Jamie texted me that Samson was at the airport with a few of his men, apparently they found out when we were leaving town."

"Who's Sampson and why does he care when I leave."

"Sampson is the wolf that didn't like the fact he had to keep it in his pants." Jack answered and my mom hissed.

"Oh, him but now that I'm apparently mated with you why would he even care."

"Some things were kept from you like the fact that you can be at mated to any number of Were's if you accept them like you did with me."

"I didn't accept you, the mark just appeared."

"Your mind might not have, but your body did. It sensed me as a adequate mate and pulled my mark from me."

"What kind of crap is this? Mom is he telling the truth."

"Yes."

"Why wasn't I told? And how could that be, how could I be mated to more than one Were I thought Were's mated for life when they find their match." I didn't want to look at Jack but I knew he was watching me as my skin was tingly and the mark on my neck was acting up.

"Since we were leaving no one wanted to upset you any more then you already were and once we got you to Maine I was going to keep you away from other Were's until you claimed him or you turned, which ever happened first."

"A couple is only life mated if they have consummated their relationship."

"Good thing we don't have a relationship."

"We do you just don't like it."

I didn't know what I hated more him or the stupid mark on my neck that was so itchy I was afraid I was going to draw blood from scratching so much. "Mom you don't have to worry about me consummating any relationship because I'm saving myself for marriage." Jack turned back to face me with his mouth hanging open but turned around before he could talk as he was still driving.

"Where going to have to change that." He said looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"Keep your mouth shut Jaquine or I will shut it for you and drain you dry." He smiles at my mother then winks at me when he looked through the rear view mirror and yes I was looking at him, but who can blame a me irritating and good looking is such a bad combination.

"Minnow I am very proud that you have decided to wait until your married but in vampire and Were culture men and women are supposed to share in each others company so if you fall in love with someone it is okay to sir-come to your nature."

"What the hell have you done to my mother, I want her back and I'm human remember I'm not planning on having sex with a animal or something thats dead. No offense to either one of you especially you mom."

"I am not a animal." Jack growled this time turning around and looking at me. "I control the dragon not the other way around you hear me little girl." Apparently I touched a nerve with him so I smiled at him as he turned and faced front mumbling to himself, well he was still mad I had to ask.

"Jaquine what the hell is that."

"A name."

"Is that your real name?"

"No."

"Then why does my mom call you that?"

"That is what she called me thirty years ago when we first met."

"Mom you've met him before?"

"Yes."

"Is Jack your real name?"

"No."

"What is your real name?"

"That I will only tell my wife."

"Why?" He ignored my question and asked one of my mom, he wanted to know if she had heard from Jamie again.

"Yes, Jamie texted me during our conversation, Marco suggests we go East."

"We don't have a car unless we go home, is that the plan mom."

"No,"

"What do you mean no, how else are we going to get there?"

"We are in a car right now with a man that will protect you by any means possible, that's more then I can ask for right now. I can't protect you on my own Minnow and as Jaquine is a dragon no other Were will dare try and stop us."

"I wouldn't count on that Sydney my popularity within the clan culture is on shaky ground since I've aligned myself with Marco."

"Well you are all I have right now so you better do your job and protect your mate."

"So now she's my mate."

"Yes," my mom said at the exact same time as I said."No."

"Minnow give me the time it takes to drive to Boston to court you and if you still feel the same way I will leave you with your rental car and I will go back home."

"And if I say no right now."

"You don't have a choice." Jack or what ever his name is and my mom said at the same time.

"Then why ask."

"To be polite."

I scoffed at him and turned to my mom, "Have you heard from dad?"

"Not since last night I'm getting worried."

"Why."

"Because you may be facing Were's here and on our travels Minnow but we still have the vampire horde of Maine to deal with."

"So we are running from Weres to get to vampires, my life is so fucked up."

"Minnow watch your mouth." I didn't say anything and I did shut my mouth, I laid back against the seat and stared out the window at the passing scenery wanting to erase the conversations I just had with my mom and Jack from my memory.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 3.8K 40
Abby Grace is a normal seventeen year old girl, well normal in the sense that she wants to meet a guy, make some friends and be like all the other "n...
170K 7.9K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...
151K 5K 22
{Sequel to My Alpha Mate} Once every 10,000 years a single vampire/wolf hybrid child will be born a half demon wolf. When the chosen child comes of a...
121 2 19
I sat down next to her and cried on her. "Don't leave," was all I managed when I noticed she wasn't breathing. I didn't want to believe she just die...