Friends to Lovers... Impossib...

By loveispriceless

I really don't know what's gotten into me? Surely there isn't a disease that makes you miss a person so much... More

Best Friends
Library
Nate Fisher
This is not a "date"
I don't associate with playboys
Jealousy?
Are you scared of losing your best friend?
The Party (part 1)
The Party (part 2)
Nate's Confession
Waiting for her
Liz's Confrontation
Kou's Reply
First Kiss
Girlfriend
I'll be right here by your side
I love you
Friends to Lovers

The Game

4.8K 211 14
By loveispriceless

Hello Everyone!

This is loveispriceless again!

I hope you guys are enjoying this story.

If you have stuck by me and keep up with this story, than I thank you with all my heart.

Remember to always smile : )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kou P.O.V*

Making my way to the bleachers and scanning the crowd for Liz, I found her in the front bleachers looking down at her on phone. However it looked like was just staring blankly at the screen and not doing anything. I slid next to her on the bleachers.

"What are you staring at," I said while trying to see what she was doing. She must have not realize I was there because I heard her gasp in shock at the same time she snapped her phone shut.

She quickly replied, "It's nothing."

"It had to be something." I pressed on.

"It's nothing Kou." Liz said while looking up towards the football field.

I wasn't buying it, but after waiting a few seconds and there was no response from her, I shrugged and let it go. But only for now.

The game was about to start in less than 5 minutes, and all the players from each side were getting ready. The Wildcats were the first to play offense. Less than ten seconds to go, the players on each team got into their positions ready for the kick off.

3.....2......1....kick off! The game was on.

Alex, a receiver, caught the football and started running and dodging. He made it to the to the 23 yard line of the panthers before getting tackled.

The crowd roared when Kevin jogged into the field. I saw him quickly scan the crowd, and settle his eyes on mine. Giving me a bright smile and a wave, I beamed backed and gave him 2 thumbs up. Hearing a squealing from beneath me, I looked down below the bleachers and frowned. Sitting one row beneath me was Lisa, the head cheerleader. She was blushing and making kissy faces at Kevin. I glance back towards him, and I assumed he heard Lisa too, because he had a scowl on his face and he was frowning.

Lisa obviously didn't know that the "wave and smile" Kevin gave was directed at me not her.

-------------------------------------------------

The first half of the game was intense. Our defense was able to hold back the panthers in the first half of the game, stopping them from getting a touchdown. However our offense wasn't as strong during this first half. There was two fumbles on the first half from our team, and one interception picked up by Jay smith, a running back on the Panthers, resulting in a touchdown in the second quarter. When there was only two minutes left remaining in the second quarter, Kevin was able to throw a 20 yard pass to Ken, a wide receiver. That allowed Ken to pick up ten more yards, before the Panther's defense brought him down at the 20 yard line of the panthers. With only one minute left in the first quarter, the Wildcats decided to go for it, hoping for a touchdown. Kevin was rushing and getting his teammates to gather, and ready for their next play.

"Hut!" I heard Kevin yelled.

Looking to his left, no one was available; the coverage by the Panthers was too tight. Scanning in front of him, he saw no one, the Panther's defense blitz toward Kevin on all sides. Deciding to go for it, he threw the football to Todd, the only receiver he saw open. In a swish motion, the football flew right into Todd's hands. With no defense to block him, he ran and ran straight towards the touchdown, his hand pumping up in the air in pure victory. The crowd roars in excitement and the roars became loader as we made a successful field goal following the touchdown. The first half of the game ended with the score of 7-10 Panthers leading by 3. Both teams jogged into the locker rooms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the clocked signal that it was half-time I turned face Liz and ask, "You want to get something to eat?"

"You know what," Liz replied, "I would love to have something sweet right now."

"Girl, you read my mind. Let's go." Standing up I started walking, Liz following right behind me.

We walked to one of the concession stands and bought our ice cream. I got a mint ice cream cone, my favorite, while Liz got her regular vanilla. I never understood while out of all the flavor ice creams out there, she always chooses her vanilla. I always asked her why that is and she always gave me the same reply, it was simple but good. So I just let it be.

Slowly making our way back to the bleachers I asked Liz, "So what was that all about, you and Todd?"

"What do you mean?" Liz said, staring forward not looking at me.

"You know what I mean. " I pushed on.

"Can we not talk about it right now Kou." Liz begged.

"Fine", I replied, "But, you better tell me soon or I will never leave you alone."

Chuckling Liz smiled, "It's not like you ever leave me alone anyways."

"True" I mumbled, "But Liz, you know you can tell me what's on your mind anytime and I'll lend a helping hand right."

"I know you will, that is why you are my best friend. In fact, I wouldn't mind telling you about Todd if you tell me about what is going on between you and Kevin."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, "there is nothing going on between Kevin and I. Unless you're talking about our friendship and how we have known each other for 11 years, but you already know that already."

"I'm not talking about your friendship for Kevin, but your feelings."

"What feelings?"

"That's for you to find out." Liz said as she sat down on the bleachers.

"O.K you're just confusing me now, and I still don't know how this has to do anything with Kevin."

"That's why when I said, when you find out tell me."

While looking at the football field, and watching as the football players piled out from the locker rooms, I sigh, feeling defeated. "Alright then let's just drop this topic. I'm know I'm not going to get any information from you, and you keep throwing riddles at me so let's just leave it."

"Just remember what I said alright Kou. You don't understand it now, but you will. It's always easier to understand when you are the one looking from the outside,"

Not paying much to Liz words I just continue looking toward the fields, getting ready for the second half of the second game.

The second half of the game was even more intense than the first. Both team's going head to head, none of them let their defense down. At the end of the third quarter, the Panther's quarterback Zane Wolff, threw an interception, providing us with a turn over, and taking the football from the Panthers. With only a few seconds left of the third quarter, we decided to go for the field goal, tying the score, 10-10. As fourth quarter went into play, neither side score a touchdown, both defense tight and offense suffering from the impact of each defense.

Keeping my eyes on Kevin, I saw him talking over with Coach Johnson about the next play. His brows frowned down and his face crunch up as he thought about his next move, hoping to win the game.

Knowing how important this game was for him, I couldn't sit still on my seat. I was constantly standing, nervous for the team. Apart of me wanted to be next to Kevin at that moment and give him some confront, but I knew I couldn't. With only two minutes left in the game, Wildcat's had the football, hoping to bring the game to the end and win. Right when the Kevin jogged onto the field ready to make the game changing play, my phone rang. Looking down at my phone I realize it was from my mother.

Even though I didn't want to miss the game, I knew I had to answer this phone call. Showing my phone to Liz, to show her that I had to take the call, she nodded at me as I step down the bleachers. I made my way from the football field, to get away from all the noise.

"Hello"

"Kou its mom."

"I know mommy, did you need anything?"

"Nothing really, I just want to tell you that your father and I, plus your younger brother Kai are going to be visiting your aunt tonight so we won't be home. We probably won't be home until Sunday night. I just wanted to know if you have the house key on you."

Checking in my pockets for the key I replied, "Yes mom, I do."

"Alright then, get home safety alright. I also made some food and it's in the fridge, so heat it up when you get home."

"O.K"

"I love you," my mother replied.

"I love you too mom." I said as I said a quick bye and turn off my phone.

I was making my way back to the football field, when a hand reached out and grab me, flinging me backwards. Making contact with a hard chest and smooth muscles, I looked up. It was the same mystery stranger I saw that very afternoon.

"Nate?" I asked.

"Hey beautiful, you remembered." He said while smiling down at me.

Realizing that I was still slammed against his chest, I shoved against his chest slightly and took a step back.

"You're here to watch the game too?" I ask.

Looking past me, he whispered, "yeah" as his eyes harden.

"Is something wrong?" I question.

"Nothing really, It's just hard for me pick who I want to win this game," he replied, his eyes fix at the football field.

"Why wouldn't you want Wildcats to win?"

Looking down at me he answered, "Because, East High was my old school."

"Wait, you're from East High?"

"Yep," he beamed. "I mean I want East High to win because I have been at that school for most of my High school years, and the Panthers were my team. However, I also want Epic High to win, because it will be my new school and since I am going to be a part of their football team, I want them to be good. Which I have no doubt about it now, after seeing this game, I can't say that Epic High football team is bad, there not bad at all"

"Not bad?" I exclaimed, "Where one of the best teams in the district. Wait, did you say your last name is Fisher?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Oh my gosh, then does that mean you are the same Nate Fisher from East High, the running back with the most acquired yards last season, with a unbeatable record," I shouted, in complete shock.

"Yep the exact and same one," He said while smiling at me, "You know your football don't you?"

Replying I grinned, "I love football. My best friend Liz calls me a football manic."

Smirking Nate looked at me, his eyes slowly scanning my body. Feeling self-conscious under his gaze, I shifted back and forth. "I do like a girl who has an interest for football," he said while his eyes trailed back to meet mine.

At that moment I heard loud voices all over the stadium, quickly turning around I saw the score board flashing bright read, 17-10, Wildcats have won.

We won! We really won! I need to go find Kevin.

Excited that we won, I turned to leave so that I can go and congratulate Kevin. Right when I turned to leave, Nate grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"Where you going," He asked.

"I need to go find someone." I said while shaking my hand hoping he will get the message and let me go. Instead of letting go though, he held my hand tighter.

"Can't you stay here with me?" Nate pleaded.

"Why?" I question.

Instead of answering my question he took his left hand and grabbed a strand of my hair.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look right now?"

Blushing, I shook my head "no", but with Kevin still on my mind I looked up at him and demanded, "Can you please let me go Nate, I really need get going."

"Is it because of that person whose jersey you have on?" He asked while frowning.

"Yes," I replied.

Letting go of my hand, I breathe out a sigh of relief. Now I can finally go congratulate Kevin.

However, as soon as Nate let go of my hand, he took his right hand and stroked a strain of hair from my face, and cup my chin forcing me to look up at him. Without realizing what he was doing, he slowly bent down and kissed my forehead.

Shocked and confuse I only stared as he leaned towards me and whispered in my ears, "next time, the jersey you will be wearing will be mine," and I could almost hear the grin from him.

"Kou?" I heard a voice called from behind me

Gasping I quickly turned to my left, to see Kevin standing a few foot away. His hair was messy and sweat sweep down the side of his face. However, I thought he looked roughly handsome at that particular moment.

Before I could answer back, heard his voice hardened as he angrily demanded, "What is going on here?"

Kevin P.o.V

I went to find Kou, after my winning touchdown thrown to Luke, who is another great wide receiver. We only had two more minutes in the fourth quarter, and no team wanted to go into overtime. After talking over with Coach Johnson by the sidelines about which play would do best as our ending move, we decided on one that we just practice recently during practice. It was a huge risk, but if we played it right, the benefits would be huge. I was glad we picked that play, for it resulted in a touchdown and winning the game..

With everyone cheering and screaming from joy, my teammates race toward each other, giving each other high fives and hugs. Everyone was slapping me on the backs, giving me hugs and congratulating me for making an awesome play, however the whole time I could only think of Kou.

I had an urge to run to her, huge her and squeeze her tight. I needed to share my joy with her, and be with her. Thinking about Kou, brought back memories of this evening, before the game started.

My teammates and I were getting ready in the locker room, before the game started. Everyone was loud and screaming with excitement, although I knew by looking at everyone, they were all extremely nervous inside. I been with these guys since freshman year, they were like my brothers.

"Listen up everyone," we heard Coach Johnson yelled, receiving everyone's attention, "Today is one of the most important games in the season. As we all know by now, we are going against East High today. Although they are a great team, that does not make us any less, we are just as good and equal as any other teams out there. So today we go out and play our best, and show those Panthers that the Wildcats are the fiercest of the cats."

Roaring, we all pumped our fists into the air, shouting "Wildcats! Wildcats!" while stomping out the locker room. Crowed in the middle of the mob by all my teammates, I hardly heard when someone called out my name, someone who sounded similar to Kou.

"Kou?" I asked, not entirely sure it was her. When my teammates heard my voice, they all parted ways, and when the last of them moved out of the way, I gasp from pure shock.

Before me, I saw one of the most gorgeous girl I ever laid eyes on, the same exact girl I couldn't stop thinking about. Her long black hair in curls bounced on her shoulder making her glow. The light make-up she had on radiate her face and the blush she wore made her cheeks glow, showing off her cute cheeks.

My little chipmunk I thought, while I smiled, and keep walking towards her my eyes never leaving hers. I felt that was a force pulling us together.

Although she looked gorgeous, it was the fact that she had my jersey on that made my heart pound with joy. I gave her that jersey for her birthday last summer, and couldn't wait for her to wear it when football season came. I am so glad I gave it to her, the material was loose on her, but the front of the jersey clung to her chest like a second skin, making them look larger.

They were beautiful, full and firm. I wonder what they looked like under that jersey. Would they be creamy white and soft or light and smooth--- wait a minute! What am I thinking; I thought mentally shaking myself. This is Kou, my best friend, how can I think of her that way.

However as much as I wanted to deny it, she was beautiful, and I couldn't stop looking at her. I knew I wasn't the only one starring, I saw some of my teammates checking her out to, and I felt tinged of jealousy and anger shot through me.

Surpassing the feeling quickly, I made my way in front of Kou; looking at her I smiled and said, "You look great Kou." I knew she blushed when I said it, and it made me proud I can affect her this way.

Dismissing my teammates, and forcing Todd to leave, I was finally alone with her after not seeing her for a couple of days. Those days without seeing her had been torture, but seeing her all pretty up in front of me, made everything better. Seeing her was enough for me, it was just the energy I needed before the game, and the kiss on the check definitely helped a lot. She had kissed my cheeks so many times before, but lately it's been different. Each time she touches me, I feel hot all over, and I get tingly all over my body, making me more confuse than ever. I personally think it's nothing. It's probably because we been together for so long that maybe I'm just getting tired of her touch, although it doesn't make sense also, because I crave for that touch.

Awww, it's just too complicated, it's better not to even think about it

Snapping out of my memories of Kou, I started scanning the bleachers where at last saw her standing next to Liz, hoping to see her. When she wasn't at the bleachers, I thought maybe she ran down towards me when she saw that we won, I quickly scan the crowd looking for her. Making my way to the crowd to see if I could locate where she was, I spotted Liz. Thinking that Kou might be with her I walked toward her. However when I got nearer, I realize that Kou wasn't with Liz, instead Liz was standing by an extremely happy Todd.

Did she go home? Maybe Liz might know where she is at.

Making my way to Liz and tapping her shoulder to get her attention I asked, "Have you seen Kou anywhere?"

"No I haven't. Her mom called her and left to answer her phone, because it was too loud by the bleachers. That was about 15 minutes ago though."

"Do you think she went home?" I asked

Shaking her head 'no' Liz replied, "She would have told me if she was going home, because we came together."

"Alright, I'll go look for her." With a slight nod towards Todd, I turned around destined to find Kou.

Separating myself from the crowd, I went look for a quiet place, because according to Liz she went to find a quiet spot to answer the call from her mother. Walking behind the bleachers and making my way to the outside of the field, where there was less people. I start scanning the crowd again for a cute little dark hair girl, wearing my jersey.

"Oh Kevin" I heard Liz squealed.

Groaning I keep walking, hoping that she was just get the hint that I didn't want to talk to her. Apparently she didn't get the hint, because in an instant she flung behind me and hugged me from behind.

"Congrats, Kevin, I knew you could do it. I believed in you," she said as she continues to hug me tighter.

I didn't have time for this, I need to get away from her and find Kou. Placing my hand over hers, I forced her to let go of me, and turned her around to face me.

"Thanks Lisa, but I'm a bit busy right now."

"With what?"

"Hmm, I'm looking for someone, I replied.

"Is it Kou again," Lisa asked scowling.

Not wanting to cause any more problems I shook my head no and lied, "No, I'm looking for Coach Johnson; I need to talk to him about the game."

"Oh alright," Lisa said happily, "then I'll wait for you until your done so we can go home together."

Trying to think of a quick lie I replied, "Um I rather you not, I would probably have a long talk with Coach and then afterwards, the whole team may go out to celebrate. Oh and we made of rule of 'no girls allow', we need male bonding time." Gosh I thought, mentally beating myself up. That is the worst lie you ever came up with Kevin. No girls allowed? Yeah right like she would by that.

"Oh really,' Lisa question, "all right then, if you say so, I guess guys do need time alone too," she said as she stepped away from me and scan the crowd to look for her friends.

Oh my gosh, I couldn't believe she bought that lie. That was probably the worst lie I ever made up. Oh well, as long as she bought it, and I could go back to searching for Kou.

Looking up at me and grinning Lisa said, "Alright than cutie, I'm going to go find my friends," as she step up towards me ready to give me a kiss on the cheek good-bye. Luckily I saw her coming and stepped back a bit, which seem to piss her off. However, I couldn't help it. Just thinking about her touching or kissing me sends a chill through my bones, not like burning sensation I receive from Kou's touches or kisses.

Turing around and flapping her blonde hair in the process, she stormed away to find her friends. Finally free, I continue my search.

After scanning around I became more doubtful that I would ever find Kou. Hearing a gasp beside me, I stopped and looked in the direction of the noise. I saw what looked like a couple, who were about to do something intimately. The guy was leaning in to place a kiss on top of the girls head, and he leaned down towards her to whisper something in her ears.

Gosh get a room, I wanted to say.

Thinking nothing of it, I was determining to keep searching for Kou. I was about to keep walking when I quickly turned back to look at the couple. The girl was short and had black hair that reached her shoulders. However it wasn't the girl that caught my attention, it was the jersey the girl had on. On the back of the jersey I saw a large number 7 with the last name located above it that read, "Scott."

There is only one other person who has my jersey.

"Kou," I asked, hoping that it wouldn't be her, but a part of me knew that it couldn't be anyone else.

When the girl turned around, and I saw the mocha color eyes I loved so much, my body stiffen. Too focus on Kou; I have forgotten that there was someone next to her. Glancing up I saw a guy I didn't know, and it finally dawn to me he just kissed her.

That guy just kissed her! Sure it was only on the forehead, but he had not right to even touch her. In a second all my excitement left, and the only thing I felt was just anger. I literally saw red.

My voice hardening from my rage, I snarled. "What's going on here?"

I still couldn't believe it, I was looking all over for Kou and here she was with some dude! Looking down I saw his hand gripping her, not holding but gripping. It looks like he was preventing her from escaping.

How dare he touch her! I screamed inside full with rage. No one touches my Kou.

With rage in my eyes, I stomped towards them, the whole time focusing at the guy, who still had his hands wrapped around Kou's wrist. Storming towards him, I saw a glint of mischief and what looked like a challenge in his eyes.

"Get your hands off of her." I growled

Hearing my snarled he said while chuckling, "Alright, alright," as he let go of Kou's hand and held both of his hands in front of him.

Glaring at him once more, I turned to Kou and softly asked, "Are you alright?"

Looking up at me she nodded yes, as she wrapped her right hand around her left wrist shrinking away from both of us. I lost it then, I grabbed the guy's shirt by the collar and grip it hard pulling him towards me, "What did you do to her," I demanded.

"Nothing," he replied, but even when I was ready to tear him into pieces, he didn't look a bit frighten by me, which made me even angrier. Snarling, I grip him tighter towards me, wanting to beat the crap out of him.

"Kevin don't," I heard Kou say from beside me as she grasped my forearmed and pulled me back. By then we were attracting a small crowd around us. It was only when I felt Kou pull me back when I finally relax my hold and pushed him away.

Laughing the stranger snickered, "Aggressive aren't we caption."

"Who are you to call me caption? I am no caption of yours." I said back.

"Not yet, but soon," replied the stranger.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"It may be a bad time to introduce myself, but it's better to do it now than later. There more witness here you know, just in case you want to beat me up on Monday." He said while grinning.

"Just what are you getting at?"

"Allow me to introduce myself caption," the stranger said as he stuck his hand out for a hand shake, "my name is Nate Fisher."

Nate fisher? Damn, the runningback from East High. Shit, life is a bitch. I was hoping to never see him again after today, now I have to be on the same team as him.

"Shit," I exclaimed, as I slapped his hand away, not bothering with the hand shake. I couldn't deal with this right now, I need to think, and figure all this out.

Grabbing Kou's hand I gripped it tight I dragged her away from Nate and the staring crowd. I couldn't stay there any longer, if I did I might do something I knew I will regret later.

Not saying a word, I lead Kou into the school and stopping only when we were outside the guy's locker room.

"Wait for me here, I just need to grab my bag," I said while opening the door to the locker room, turning back I said, "Oh, and text Liz to tell her that I will be taking you home." When she nodded, I walked into the locker room. I quickly undress out of my uniform and took a quick shower, just to wash away all the sweat from the game. It felt great to have the cold water flow down my body, given that I was still burning inside with anger. Quickly drying off I started dressing.

Grabbing my orange and black Wildcat t-shirt I slipped in on when I heard from behind me a voice. Turning around, and coming face to face with Todd, "What did you say?"

"I said," Todd answer back, "You miss the speech coach just did earlier after the game. We were all wondering where you were, you just disappear on us."

"Sorry man just got into a little bit of trouble."

"Does it have to do anything with Kou?"

"It's nothing, don't worry about it alright." I replied as I grabbed my keys and wallet out of my locker and bend down to get my gym bag.

I knew that Todd didn't believe me at all when I said everything was ok, but I just didn't have the patience to explain it to him, and Kou was still waiting for me outside.

I was glad when Todd didn't press the issue but instead said, "Alright then, the team is going to Five Guys to celebrate, you want to come?"

"No I have something else going on, you guys go without me," I opened the door and head out without waiting for a reply from Todd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think?

Please comment so I may know how the story is going from your point of view.

See you in the next chapter O_O

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...
89.8K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
2.9K 38 11
"She just stood there, like a statue. Still and distantly cold. Knowing perfectly well what just happened, the doctor saw her and sadly shook his hea...
1.5K 158 29
• 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 • "What's your name?" I asked. "Damien," he said with his deep voice. I did not expect his voice to be...