The Silent Storm. [✔]

By sashabwrites

He's ruthless. He's powerful. He's demanding. He's in pain. Twenty-six year old African-American journalist V... More

The Silent Storm❌
Chapter One❌
Chapter Two❌
Chapter Three❌
Chapter Four ❌
Chapter Five❌
Chapter Six ❌
Chapter Seven (Part 1) ❌
Chapter Seven (Part 2) ❌
Chapter Eight ❌
Chapter Nine ❌
Chapter Ten ❌
Chapter Eleven ❌
Chapter Twelve ❌
Q/A (For Fun)
The Interview(For Fun)
Chapter Thirteen ❌
Authors Note.
Chapter Fifteen ❌
Chapter Sixteen ❌
Chapter Seventeen ❌
Chapter Eighteen ❌
The End :)

Chapter Fourteen ❌

15.9K 539 30
By sashabwrites

Victoria^

His Haunted Past. (Alessia tells)

~I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you're afraid~

~1st~

Red flashing lights, white lace wrapped around my skin, golden sparkles.

The reflection in the mirror showed myself dressed in a white slip.

The maid placed on the pearls around my neck as my eyes began taking long blinks.

Lights dimmed, dizziness settled in, my mind wasn't right.

Everything was in slow motion as the maid collapsed with a loud thud.

The drink on the dresser began to fizzle...

I looked for Alessia the following day. It was now September and its not as hot as it was when I first came here in June. Not exactly sweater weather but were getting there. Destiny's birthday is coming p in two weeks and I'm not sure if I will be able to celebrate her fifth birthday.

Roses and daisies...seems like a cute yet appropriate enough gift for her.

Alessia is staying in a small house on the vineyards outside of Rome in an unknown location. Arturo sighed as he pulled up to the house. "What happened?" I asked raising a brow.

He shook his head. "Nothing bella just a little tired".

"Are you sure you haven't been acting like yourself lately". Arturo gave me a boyish expression as he turned off the car. "If I told you, you would wish I haven't said it...do you want me to say it" He said leaning closer to my side of the car. Ugh he is so childish at times I cant take him seriously.

"Never mind then" I smiled before exiting out the car with lighting speed. The place seemed empty as if it was dormant for years. The overgrown vineyard vines nearly swallowed the porch area.

I turned to Arturo who was right behind me. "Are you sure this place is secure for Alessia. I don't even see anybody guarding the place".

He chuckled. "If we guarded the place out in the open it would give away that something is going on...step on the grass".

I furrowed my eyebrows and did as I was told. After a second or two I looked back at him. "Nothing is happening".

"Ciao Caspian!" Arturo waved at the grass. I looked closely to see he was right next to me with a gun pointed back at me. I DIDNT EVEN SEE THIS PERSON! "They surround this place in more ways than you could think Victoria".

"Ciao!" He replied and disarmed the gun. I was still speechless as Arturo and this Caspian guy had a full conversation as I tried to calm my racing heart. "You know what. I'm going inside".

I left them two behind as I knocked on the front door. The door opened up to a maid. "Hello may I help you" She asked. "Hi I am here to see Alessia".

Her eyes went huge for a second as Arturo waved at her. "Oh you are with Mr.Catalona okay" She nodded before opening up the even more allowing me inside as she quickly shut it.

Inside the house was beautiful, from the outside you would have never knew how spacious and decorated it was. I looked in amazement and followed her throughout the house into the master bed room. It was set up like a hospital room with a heart monitor, IV, oxygen, and some other medicine hooked up to her body.

I wasn't sure if she was awake as the maid closed the door giving us some privacy. Alessia moaned moving her head slightly. "Meli! Mal di testa"

"Hello and no I am not Meli but do you want me to go get her?" I questioned assuming that Meli is the maid. Alessia finally opened her eyes to see me. "No its fine. Che schifo. Your name is Victoria right?"

I shook my head. "Yes, I am surprised that you still recognized me after what had happened. I got some roses and daises" I said giving her the bouquet. "Darling, they tried to kill me not give me amnesia. You are one of the few woman I've seen with Lorenzo at that".

"Really?"

"Well besides from his younger days he was, but he matured. Nothing to worry about".

"What is your relationship to Lorenzo" I asked. Okay obviously she wasn't this Carmella chick but, I am curious. She began smiling down at the flowers as her fingers played with them. "These are really nice and thank you. Lorenzo and I go way back...to our days in the academy. He was always so playful and lively when we were kids. Marco and Lorenzo were like my bodyguards up until we were eighteen. We separated for some time when I met my husband Ranieri. Turns out he was one of the Catalona's allies from Lorenzo's dad Luca...that's about it really".

I shook my head taking in all the information. Lorenzo and Alessia go way back yet, he never spoken about her at all until she had came into the picture. Maybe Alessia could be the person to tell me about the woman...Carmella.

"Take a seat Victoria make your self comfortable" Alessia mentioned pointing to the chair beside the bed. I took a seat before speaking once again.

"Could you tell me what happened years ago.."

"What do you mean?"

"The other day there was a shootout and I was separated from Lorenzo for nearly all day and night. I was scared and so I went through his belonging and found a jewelry box from..Carmella?"

Alessia gazed at me heavily. In her eyes I knew that she knew who exactly I was talking about. "Carmella...wow you just took me back to the little golden age for Lorenzo. It was his birthday party actually.. his twenty third birthday".....

Alessia's 1st P.O.V

Six and a half years ago....

"Mio bella you looking nicee" Gigi said licking her lips sliding over towards me. She was just fresh into college and was now being a little too friendly with the ladies. "Ciao Gigi where is your famillia?" I asked walking inside of the Catalona household.

We walked further inside before she answered. "They are either by the garden or kitchen. Where Lorenzo and Catalona are? Not so sure".

Giscelle giggled at them before we headed into the kitchen. The light shined brightly inside and reflected off the marble counter tops.

The beautiful Mrs.Lucy Catalona was busy in the kitchen making breakfast. I could smell the mini frittatas frying, brunch risotto, and sausage egg bake in the oven. My tastebuds started to water as I hugged Mama Lucy from behind surprising her.

"Gicelle the food isn't ready yet...ALESSIA MIO BELLA!! I though you weren't going to make it for the party" Mama C kissed and hugged me to death. Guess you could say I am part of the family. "Oh Luca, Marco come inside! Alessia's here" .

"At first we couldn't make it but I convinced Ranieri enough. He isn't here with me but, he is going to make it later on tonight" I explained as I smiled happily. Life was steady, good, money was always great, my arranged marriage wasn't as bad as I thought, and I was getting back closer to my second family.

The sound of the men gathered closer into the kitchen. Before I knew I was lifted into the air by strong arms. "There's my little bambino! How I missed you" Papa Luca lifted me up as if I was the daughter he never had besides from Gigi. "Papa! suo stato così a lungo(Its been so long)"

"Si ha, has Ranieri been treating you right? If not you know the deal" He said cracking his knuckles showing his large diamond crusted catalona ring that has been passed down from generation to generations of the mafia.

"Si papa I know who to call. Ranieri isn't as bad as you think though" I admitted for the first time to anyone. Gigi raised a brow.

"Hmm are you sure? You went through hell trying to escape from him" Gigi questioned before stealing Mama's frittatas behind her back. "Yeah. Listen when I was nineteen I was naïve and clueless. Though I still don't like the way he chased after me like a madman and bribed my parents, I appreciate the life and the love he has for me and his family".

"So you are telling me. Mr. Badass is your true lover" Marco joined the conversation unexpectedly with a major bedhead. I smiled before roughing up his hair. "I guess you could say that. Basta parlare di me(Enough About Me) where is the birthday boy?" I asked looking around the area.

"Hey we should go ruin their morning birthday sex they are probably having right now" Gigi said grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the kitchen down the hall to the rest of their manor.

"Gigi!"

She didn't answer as we came by the large bedroom door. Right before I was about to knock and Gigi about to barge right inside. The door opened to a brunette with honey brown hair, hazel eyes, and such gorgeous tan skin tone.

God I hated Carmella.

"Hey Alessia! You're back from that monster" She looked surprised and shocked. "Yeah and you mean Ranieri" I corrected her.

"Um yeah" Carmella responded not knowing what else to say. She was quite the bore to me.

The bathroom door opened showing a shirtless Lorenzo who was drying off his wet face with a towel. "Hey Renz guess who came into town" Gigi said leaning against the doorway.

"Yeah go put on a shirt. Nobody needs to see all of that" I clarified. Lorenzo glanced at me before the biggest smile came across his lips. His boyish unruly hair gave him a young childish look he refused to get rid of.

"Alessia! When did you come back to Italy" Lorenzo asked as we hugged. "Today actually. I missed a few of your birthdays in the following years and though why couldn't I pay my second family a visit. I also miss the annual birthday balls".

His smile brighten the whole room. "Thanks Alessia. I really want you there.."

~~~~~~~

Victoria's P.O.V

There was more to the story but I wanted Lorenzo's side so it could fill in Alessia's missing pieces.

I knew what had happened.

That very night.

I studied Lorenzo from a distance as I stood in the doorway watching him get dressed again.

His tailored black suits were the usual now. Not as much white anymore.

"What's wrong Victoria?" He questioned looking at me through his mirror.

No more procrastinating Victoria!

"What happened on your 23rd birthday" I asked curiously.

Lorenzo stopped in his tracks and turned to me so that we were face to face. He raised a brow.

"What exactly were you and Alessia talking about the other day?".

"I'll answer your question once you answer mine".

Lorenzo took a step back and smirked at me. "I am liking this new Victoria" He said before caressing my cheek.

I'll admit it did feel amazing but, I was a journalist at heart and I wanted answers now.

"Stephano...Carmella....the birthday ball massacre. Were they the duo that killed your parents?" I came forth with it for the first time.

It was like Lorenzo wasnt there at the moment. Something in him clicked and it wasn't something familiar.

His eyes soften. This was the side of Lorenzo I've never seen before.

His past.

Hey. Sorry I've been on a little hiatus. I've been really busy and procrastination is key. Also I was a little sick back then but I am feeling better now! This chapter was suppose to be longer and include the Birthday Ball Massacre but I'll save that til next and I really wanted to give you guys soemthing. Well hoped you enjoyed somewhat and see you next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 9.4K 39
Recommended for readers 18+ DARK ROMANCE (BWWM) Book 1-Her Unknown Fate Book 1.5- Her Loyalty Book 2-Her Legacy Book 3-Their Empire ‼️MATURE CONTENT...
479K 11.7K 67
Ever had your world revolve around a man? ✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️ "Get off me" I furrow my brows "wha..." "Get off me damnit!" He yelled I qu...
2.7M 123K 45
[ COMPLETED ] Kalani Reed was a regular twenty-two year old woman who was trying to get the handle on her life. She worked at a small café, lived in...
1.8M 62.6K 46
Stefano Vanzetti. You'd have to be living under a rock if you grew up in northern Boston and didn't know who he is. He's the heartthrob of every Ita...