You are My Home (Ally and Ste...

By stuckinthecupboard

It has been over year since Stevie left Ally at the airport. While Stevie joined a photography tour, Ally wen... More

2. You can be both (They said)
3. I am her emergency contact (They said)
4. Happy birthday Ally! (They said)
5. It feels right (They said)
6. We got proposed (They said)
7. ¡Buen Provecho! (They said)
8. Taco Tuesday in Mexico (They said)
9. Bridal Shower (Stevie said)
10. For better or for worse (Ally said)
Seven Years Later (An Epilogue)

1. Happy Thanksgiving (They said)

6.3K 145 51
By stuckinthecupboard

*****
(Ally said)

It has been more than a year since Stevie left me at the airport. I really thought for a second during our kiss, she would stay--but then she didn't.

I clearly remembered Thanksgiving that year--surprisingly it was not so awkward even if I brought Kristen with me. My family tried avoiding talking about Stevie except when Hera asked where Stevie is and when Mom slipped and said she misses her kitchen assistant.

This year I would be all alone. Kristen and I broke off our relationship in May. We decided it was time and Pab Management agreed. Kristen has found herself a partner who accepts her completely--and that's Alex, the producer who suggested that Kristen and I continue with our married life. Kristen is thinking of proposing to Alex this Christmas because why not? I am betting they will ask me to give a speech on their wedding day.

The public was frantic about the split for a week. Of course it was the perfect timing to release songs I originally wrote for Stevie when she left me. I have not dated since Stevie--I still hold on to the thought of our next time. It is what keeps me going everyday.

I am driving late to my parents' house. I overslept coming from a late night gig at the Public School. I come there often, hoping Stevie would show up at her favorite restaurant.

I just passed by a car when I made a turn to our street and I swear I saw Stevie! My heart was beating wildly--a feeling I never had in months and I liked it. There was adrenaline pumping my blood so hard. Was she in our house? There was an urge to follow that car but Mom would kill me if I would be another second late.

I hurriedly parked and ran to the house.

"Mom! Mom! Mom!" I was screaming crazily. "Was Stevie here?"

"Ally you have always done this in every occasion," Mom answered. "But yes... she was here."

"Did she know I was coming?"

"Yup. She was here for an hour, waiting. But she needed to be at her Granny's place. You could have been informed only if you answered your phone."

"Oh okay." It was all my fault. They have been trying to reach me but I refused to answer my phone. But who could blame me when I have to avoid reporters, stalkers a occasional drop callers?

"I know you wanted to be at Granny's but Stevie will be in LA for a while. Make a plan first, dear. Do not go into battle unprepared."

"Did you ask if she is still single?"

"Of course, dear. The playbook specifically stipulates that in the duties and responsibilities of a wing man right?"

"Sooooooo is she?"

"I will only trade the information if you do the dishes for a week."

"I knew you would say that! Then you got yourself a deal."

"Yes. She has always been since you. Why would you still need a validation that she stayed single for you? Stevie still loves you. I can tell."

"Well in reality, I am just letting you think that you could still control me. Ha-ha. And it is always nice to do small things for you to let you know how thankful I am to have an awesome Mom like you." I gave Mom a kiss on the cheek.

I know I was not able to save myself from embarrassment--not to my Mom at least. She knows me too well. She was right--I actually needed that validation because I was starting to lose hope.

***

After dinner, I did the dishes as agreed on earlier. While the adults had coffee, I played with Hera for a bit.

"You lucky kid. Did you see Stevie?" I asked, not expecting an answer.

"Stevie gave me this!" Hera took out a book out of her backpack. It was an album of animals. "Did she give you a book too?"

"Okay so Stevie has not gotten me anything now. But it is not a competition, kiddo. Though this is a nice book."

I started pointing on each photograph and Hera responded with the animal's name. Then there was the penguin.

"Allison," Hera said.

"No, Hera. It is a penguin."

"No, Auntie Leelee. Stevie said her name is Allison."

"Oh." I carried Hera to the living room. "Dad, Mom, I really need to go. I will see you tomorrow."

It hit me--I could no longer wait for another day.

***

I badly wanted to see Stevie that night that I drove to Granny's place. I went at the backyard where there is an access door to the kitchen. I heard Stevie talking to Clay. It was so comforting hearing her voice.

"I am really glad you are back, Stevie," Clay said. "Granny missed her favorite grandchild while I missed my favorite sister."

"You know I would be really touched if you have another sister aside from me," Stevie answered. "I am glad to be back too."

"Aren't you tired? I am hitting the sheets. It has been a long day."

"It must be jet lag. I will finish up my tea at the front porch. Good night, bro!"

"You know you can just tell me that you are waiting for someone. Night, sis."

I decided not to show myself--Mom is right, I needed a plan to win Stevie back. I did not even know what I would tell her. I ran to my car just in time as Stevie walked out to the front porch.

She looks beautiful more than ever and my heart was pounding so intensely that it almost escaped my chest.

*****
(Stevie said)

I could see Ally's car parked in front of Granny's house. She was probably hiding somewhere.

I decided to give Ally a call to find out. I just had my number reconnected earlier and did not have the chance to call as I went straight to her parents' house. I was so sure she would be there but I was so wrong.

I dialed her number. I just knew it by heart. I used to call her using other people's phones just to have the chance to hear her say hello and drop it. I did not have the courage to actually talk to her. I still feel guilty for leaving her behind when she needed me the most.

"Hello?" Ally picked up.

"It's me," I answered. There was silence. "Stevie..." I followed up. She may have not recalled my voice.

"I know. I could not believe you are calling me. I heard you are back in town."

"Yeah. I dropped by at your parents' house earlier to give Hera a present."

"Oh I saw the book. That is really sweet of you. But was that all the reason you dropped by?"

I wanted to tell her that I really wanted to see her but my pride is egging me not to.

"Well I will tell you if you will tell me why you are parked in front of Granny's house."

"What are you talking about? I am at my place, writing a song."

I walked towards the car to check if Ally was there and she was not.

"Allison Don... Do not lie to me."

"You did not even see me inside my car."

As I turned around, there she was--holding a bouquet of flowers she obviously just picked up from the next-door neighbor's garden. But the sight of Ally was too much to handle that I almost collapsed. How was I able to give up waking next to a perfection like her?

"So why are you here?" I collected myself and asked her on my phone. We were still a few meters away.

"Aside from admiring the garden of your neighbor, I badly wanted to see the love of my life..." Ally answered.

"Did you see her?"

"She is standing right in front me now and I am enjoying the best view, which I have not seen for a long time." Ally paused but she was moving closer. "So why were you at my parent's house?"

"I wanted to see my potential ex ex-girlfriend."

"Potential only?" She stopped walking.

"Well she has not asked me yet."

"I think she will not ask you tonight. She wants to fully and genuinely win you back."

"Awww... But could I at least hug her?"

She put down her phone and gave me the biggest smile. I just cringed inside.

We found ourselves running as we finally fell into each other's arms.

"Wanna go upstairs?" I asked and Ally just laughed.

**********
Author's Notes:

The End.

Just kidding!

Please tell me what you think!
Thank you so much for reading! :)

PS Just trying to place a soundtrack for additional feels.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 2.5K 67
K- Stevie, Ally, would you care to do the honor of introducing these lovelies? S- Let's do it. A- I'm down. *waits for reader to click read*
134K 3.5K 22
Ally gate crashes a masquerade and meets Stevie. They decide not to exchange names, let alone the sight of each other's face. They both recently got...
67.7K 2.2K 17
Allison's twin sister Melissa passed away because of a car accident. Mel was about to go on a date with a girl she met online. Ally finds herself bac...
Destined By ŠÄ

Fanfiction

138K 4.8K 36
Second part of the story "The Inevitable" Ally and Stevie move on with their lives but do they really forget about each other? Fate makes them realiz...