6. We got proposed (They said)

*****
(Stevie said)

I was surprised when Ally told me we were hiking.

"Are you sick or something, babe?" I asked.

"No, I am still fixated with the orgasmic mushroom," Ally answered. "And we haven't had the vampire wilderness sex."

"Ha-ha. You still remember that huh?"

"Yeah. Those were broken promises."

"Hey a lot happened that day."

"I am kidding. I only want us to recreate a better memory there."

"Awww. We will, love."

Ally was so excited about the trip that she planned everything herself. All I needed was to bring myself.

"We are not actually staying on a camping site," Ally said as we started our trek.

"Wherever we stay is fine as long as you are with me."

Just before sunset, she guided me to an area that looked very familiar. It was the site we stayed on before--but a gorgeous cabin was built on it now.

"What happened here? The house looks amazing."

"You told me last year you wanted to buy this property where we could call our own. So I bought this. The house is built as you described it, layout-wise." She led me to the door.

"Oh gosh, Ally. This is so beautiful." I gave her a kiss and we continued with the tour.

I looked around--Ally remembered what I wanted for a house, from the mailbox to the windows and all other intricate details.

"The house is still empty though."

"That is not a problem."

We talked about the furniture we are getting, the pictures we are hanging, where the cats will be playing, the kitchen, Ally's studio, my studio, where our guests can stay and our very own lair.

"Come on, let me show you the backyard. It is the only place that is furnished." She held my hand. "But you should put on your blindfold first."

"Why am I nervous about this?"

"Relax, babe." Our fingers intertwined as Ally guided me to the backdoor.

"I will try."

"Stay here first." After a few footstep sounds, Ally spoke again. "You may now take off your blindfold."

As I lifted it, I saw my imagination came to life plus many more. The space was illuminated by hanging tree lights. The garden bloomed with flowers.

From the back porch, there is a lighted patio leading to a gazebo where my girlfriend was waiting.

Then our song started playing. As I walked towards Ally, I saw her crying that I cried too. I took my time walking, admiring her from a distance.

"You are amazing." I finally reached her.

"And so are you..." She handed me a bouquet of daisies.