1. Happy Thanksgiving (They said)

*****
(Ally said)

It has been more than a year since Stevie left me at the airport. I really thought for a second during our kiss, she would stay--but then she didn't.

I clearly remembered Thanksgiving that year--surprisingly it was not so awkward even if I brought Kristen with me. My family tried avoiding talking about Stevie except when Hera asked where Stevie is and when Mom slipped and said she misses her kitchen assistant.

This year I would be all alone. Kristen and I broke off our relationship in May. We decided it was time and Pab Management agreed. Kristen has found herself a partner who accepts her completely--and that's Alex, the producer who suggested that Kristen and I continue with our married life. Kristen is thinking of proposing to Alex this Christmas because why not? I am betting they will ask me to give a speech on their wedding day.

The public was frantic about the split for a week. Of course it was the perfect timing to release songs I originally wrote for Stevie when she left me. I have not dated since Stevie--I still hold on to the thought of our next time. It is what keeps me going everyday.

I am driving late to my parents' house. I overslept coming from a late night gig at the Public School. I come there often, hoping Stevie would show up at her favorite restaurant.

I just passed by a car when I made a turn to our street and I swear I saw Stevie! My heart was beating wildly--a feeling I never had in months and I liked it. There was adrenaline pumping my blood so hard. Was she in our house? There was an urge to follow that car but Mom would kill me if I would be another second late.

I hurriedly parked and ran to the house.

"Mom! Mom! Mom!" I was screaming crazily. "Was Stevie here?"

"Ally you have always done this in every occasion," Mom answered. "But yes... she was here."

"Did she know I was coming?"

"Yup. She was here for an hour, waiting. But she needed to be at her Granny's place. You could have been informed only if you answered your phone."

"Oh okay." It was all my fault. They have been trying to reach me but I refused to answer my phone. But who could blame me when I have to avoid reporters, stalkers a occasional drop callers?

"I know you wanted to be at Granny's but Stevie will be in LA for a while. Make a plan first, dear. Do not go into battle unprepared."

"Did you ask if she is still single?"

"Of course, dear. The playbook specifically stipulates that in the duties and responsibilities of a wing man right?"

"Sooooooo is she?"

"I will only trade the information if you do the dishes for a week."

"I knew you would say that! Then you got yourself a deal."

"Yes. She has always been since you. Why would you still need a validation that she stayed single for you? Stevie still loves you. I can tell."

"Well in reality, I am just letting you think that you could still control me. Ha-ha. And it is always nice to do small things for you to let you know how thankful I am to have an awesome Mom like you." I gave Mom a kiss on the cheek.