8. Taco Tuesday in Mexico (They said)

*****
(Ally said)

I had a concert last night at the Estadio Azteca but Stevie was sick so she stayed in. When I came back to our suite, she was already asleep.

The best part of waking up is remembering Stevie is beside me. I could just roll to her side and stare at her.

Stevie is not a morning person but there is always a ten-minute period when she is all sweet before she gets back to sleep or becomes an irate diva. Ooops scratch that--an irritable princess.

"Good morning, pretty," Stevie said. The ten-minute period had started. "Why do you have that look in your face? Do I look bad?"

"I am just thinking of something. And no babe, you look good. You even look like a dream."

Stevie lifted her head and we kissed. She turned on the other side signaling me to cuddle her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. I felt her forehead and her temperature seemed to have gone down.

"Better," she answered.

"That is good to know. So what do you want to eat? I will call room service."

"Breakfast could wait."

"Or do you want wa-wa?"

"Please stay with me. You are all I need right now." She weaved her fingers with mine.

"Your wish is my command, babe."

"Will you tell  me how last night went? Ryan and I were on facetime but I slept before you even finish first set. I am sorry, love."

"You don't have to be sorry. And you did not miss much. It was just weird. That's all."

"Oh. What happened?"

"I was singing Flame.  Do you know the part when I always look at your way? It slipped my mind that you are sick so I still glanced at the backstage and of course you were not there." My voice was cracking. I hugged her tighter. "I missed you."

"Awwww... I missed you too. Why don't we get dinner outside? Let me make it up to you."

"You don't have to. You have to rest more."

"I insist and I am fine now. I only needed a dose of your kisses. That is the best cure."

"Okay, love." I kissed her forehead. And then she dozed off again.

*****
(Stevie said)

We went site-seeing around Mexico City--touring the Castillo de Chapultepec where the view of the city is breathtaking, admiring the Monumento a la Revolucion, learning from the Museo Nacional de Antropologia, biking along Paseo de la Reforma and stopping at the zocalo, and acclaiming the mural of Diego Rivera and the Cathedral.

"The best way to end this day is to eat!" Ally said.

"Since we are here in Mexico, shall we have tacos?" I suggested.

"Yassss!"

We went to El Hequito. We ordered tacos al pastor, quesadillas, burritos, alambres--almost all of the dishes in the menu.

"We should create a tradition," I said, thinking out loud.

"I would love that," Ally replied.

"What day is it?"

"Tuesday."

"Then let's have tacos every Tuesday."

She lifted her taco and so did I. "To more Taco Tuesdays with my future wife."