Seven Years Later (An Epilogue)

******
(Ally said)

"Breakfast is ready!" Stevie shouted from the kitchen.

I walked in and hugged her from her back.

"Oh good morning, my love," Stevie said, turning around so we could kiss.

"You are more beautiful than the morning, wifey," I responded.

"Where is our handsome schoolboy?"
Stevie asked.

"I am here Ma!" Harvey said. He chose his own clothes and I could never be prouder. The kid has style. He was excited for his first day at school--he had practiced carrying his backpack and introducing himself.

Harvey kissed Stevie then me. He climbed up his seat. The three of us stuffed in what Stevie had prepared.

I expected a more chaotic morning but everything seemed to be in place.

"Go brush your teeth, Harvey," Stevie said as we started clearing the table. Harvey got up and obliged.

"Babe, this is another milestone for us,"  I said.

"I know! Time flies really fast. I could still remember our wedding day seven years ago. Now we have a wonderful son who is coming to school for the first time. The next thing we know, he is moving out to go to college."

"You know what? Harvey asked me the other day when he will have a baby sister."

"So how did you answer him?" Stevie asked. I was delaying carrying a child and Stevie respected it even if she had been wanting another kid.

"Well I didn't give him an answer. I asked him why he wants to know and he told me he has to prepare."

"Prepare for what?"

"He wants to join us in the gym and be stronger so he could protect her future sister."

"Awww... Wait... I gave birth to that kid five years ago! When did he become thirty?"

"Ha-ha. I think we are doing a good job."

"We make a great team."

"Exactly! And that's why I think it is time to have another baby and give Harvey a sister..."

"Or a brother... or both."

"I am ready."

"Really?!"

I nodded. We kissed and then shared a tight embrace.

"Moms, I do not like to be late for school," Harvey interrupted.

"Wow, you are growing up just like your Mommy huh, very particular to time," Stevie said, fixing our son's hair.

"Mama, that's only because I already look like you," Harvey replied. "I want you and Mommy to be a part of me. I think you are both cool."

"Just be you in school, okay?" Stevie said. Her eyes were watery.

"Yes, Ma," Harvey answered.

I lifted Harvey up so Stevie and I could kiss him on his cheeks. We took a selfie that we would add to our memory wall.

"Now let's go, eager beaver," I said as I held Harvey's hand. He pulled away and ran to the garage.

"Be careful!" Stevie shouted so Harvey could hear.

"I really hate leaving but I will see you tonight, my lady," I said. "I love you."

"I love you back," Stevie answered.

Our lips pressed--and then again, and then again and then--

"MOMMY! Let's go!" Harvey screamed. Stevie and I just chuckled.