2. You can be both (They said)

*****
(Stevie said)

"So what do we do now?" I asked Ally.  We were cuddle-sitting on my bed. As she likes it, she was the big spoon. I was waiting for her to make a move.

"Hmmmmm... Do you think  we have all the time in the world to be together?" Ally responded. She tightened her embrace.

"I really think we have."

"So let's take things slowly this time." 

"Who are you? What have  you done to my Ally?"

"Ha-ha. I do not know too. But I learned you can never rush a beautiful thing like this."

"That is true. But hey if this is about you winning me back, you do not have to--you did not even lose me."

She kissed me on my neck. Another kiss landed behind my ear. I was silently hoping she would never stop--but she did.

*****
(Ally said)

I started kissing her but I could not believe myself for not jumping right in. After waiting for Stevie for a year, I just chickened out.

I could feel what we have is too fragile and delicate that one wrong move may shatter us again. We have to be careful.

"Where were your eyebrows?" I asked, suddenly distracted by a picture of a young Stevie hanging on the wall.

"Excuse me?" Stevie answered, breaking away from my arms.

I stood up and walked towards the photograph, trying not to laugh. "Uhmm like did you have your nose fixed or something? It is so better now."

"Wow Ally. Just wow."

"Are there other footages of you here? Hide them now before I totally get turned off. Ha-ha."

Stevie just took out a box full of photographs and other souvenirs from her childhood. "Here are more turnoffs."

"I don't think I would ever date you if I would only see these photos," I teased her more as I scavenged through the pile. Stevie gave me the stare.

"So don't. We are not officially together anyway."

"Hey I am kidding! But you kinda looked like the hotter of Camren here." I was pertaining to the nine-year old Stevie in one of the pictures.

"Who Lauren?"

"Nope. Camila's hotter! Now I know why I have a small crush on her--because you kinda looked alike here."

"Awww. That is a good come back, Ally."

"Whew."

*****
(Stevie said)

It was three in the morning and we have not slept yet. We lie down on my bed facing each other.

"I miss our kittens," I said. "Can I see them?"

"Well you could file for custody. Ha-ha," Ally responded. She has been teasing me all night. "Of course you can. I will bring you to my place in the afternoon. They have missed you--we all have."

"I guess you are their favorite now."

"What do you mean? I have been their favorite since we started dating.

"Ha-ha. You wish."

I grabbed her hands and wrapped it around my waist as I turned my back to her. It felt warm.

"Let's try to sleep," I suggested.

"But I'm horngry."

"What did you just say?"

"I was supposed to say 'horny' but when I heard my stomach growl I decided to say 'hungry.'"

I laughed. "So what, are are you hungry or are you horny?"

"Hey listen, you can be both! You can be both!"

"Who even suggested we take things slowly? You know I can satisfy both of your cravings at the same time..." I got up. I saw Ally suppressing a smile.

"Stevie..."

"I understand. I will not force you to do do anything you are not comfortable doing. Come on let me fix you a turkey sandwich."

I pulled her up. We walked down the stairs with our fingers intertwined.

As I was preparing food for Ally, she walked to my back and wrapped her arms around my waist.

I could feel she was bothered by something. Whatever reason why Ally is holding back, I would need to find out.

"You know I was just teasing you earlier," Ally said.

"I know. Hey Ally... You can tell me if something's bothering you, okay?"

"Your presence bothers me a lot."

I faced her. "Oh why?"

"I mean I am genuinely happy that you are finally back... But at the same time I am too scared that you are finally back. I just do not want to mess it up again."

I gave her a concerned look. "Before I left I said I needed to learn how to trust you again, which I did. It took me a year to realize it was you who did not trust us enough--and it made me come home sooner. You are probably scared right now that I will not stay for you. I am never leaving you again, Ally, but I need you to put your trust in me, in us. You could only mess this up if you won't believe in us." My voice was cracking.

"I believe in us." Ally held me--firmly.

I could see the worried expression had left her face as she closed her eyes. I closed mine too. We were close enough that I could feel her breath on my lips. My heart was beating so fast, anticipating the sweet taste of Ally.

And then my phone rang.

"Please give me a second," I said. "People will only call you at 3:30 in the morning if there is an emergency."

"Unless it is a prank. Ha-ha," Ally said trying to lighten up the mood as she sensed I was starting to worry.

*****
(Ally said)

"Hello? Yes, this is Stevie Boebi. What happened to her? Where is she now? Please tell her I am on my way," Stevie said on the phone.

"Babe, I need to go to the hospital. You can sleep at my room. Granny would love to see you in the morning," Stevie told me. She was shaking. She was obviously trying not to cry.

"What happened?" I responded. It was as if Stevie did not hear me--she just gave me a blank stare. "I will not let you leave alone--not when you're like that. Let me drive you."

*****
Author's Notes:

If I have not expressed enough gratitude--THANKS GUYS!

I have updated the other fanfics too. You may want to check them out. :)

December 2, 7:55 am update: I added the soundtrack. :)