Living in a Dream - a Joe Sug...

By JKRtotallypink

Hi, my name is Cora Foster. I'm 19 years old, and live with my best friend Aspyn Clicke in the heart of Minne... More

My Name's Cora
The Three Mystery Men
Dream Come True
The News
Surprises Good and Bad
Mistakes Were Made
Visitor
Familiar Faces
Friends?
Forgiven
The Hotel
Embarrassment and Excitement
Sometimes Nervousness is Okay
Take Risks
Relationships
Misunderstanding
With Love Comes Great Sadness
Ask Them
Cute and Clumsy
Heartbreak
Hurt, Love, Choices
The Girl
Radio Lies
Who are They Against
Maybe
Lies and Sadness
I Will be There
Guess Who's Back
Trouble
Where Did He Go?
Something Special
Nothing Lasts Forever
Make The Most of It
Is Everything Okay?
What is Happening?
Don't Be Afraid
Beautiful Silence
All Is Not Well
So... That Happened
I Can't Do This

The Dance

100 6 0
By JKRtotallypink

Cora P.O.V.

It was one day until the dance, and I need to take the girls out to go look for something to wear.

"Are you two ready to go?" I asked Aspyn and Britta, as I grabbed my phone off the counter, and shoved it in my bag.

"I'm ready, I'm ready," Aspyn chanted. I smiled in response. Britta looked miserable.

"Brit? Is everything okay?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"Yeah.. well, kinda, I mean no. Caspar didn't sound like he wanted to come with me. He sounded like he just said yes cause I asked him," Britta said, her voice quivered, and her eyes became misty.

"Britta, I'm sure it was nothing. I've seen the way he acts around you; if he sounded unsure, I bet it was just like nerves or something, don't worry about it too much. Okay?" I reassured, Britta smiled at me as if to say she was fine, but I knew she was hiding more underneath the joy. I hated to see my friends in any type of pain, physical or emotional. We walked out of the apartment, and headed to a store. The three of us were so excited, mainly me. I felt like I was ten again, playing dress-up with all the clothes from the 1950's. "How about this one?" I asked my girls, holding a dress that was still on the hanger, up to my body.

"Oh! That one is so cute! Please get it!" Aspyn yelled excitedly. I ended up buying the dress; it had short sleeves, and a peter-pan collar. It was pink and black, with the signature poodle on the skirt. Aspyn bought one similar to mine, but slightly different. Britta's dress was absolutely gorgeous. I fell in love with hers, no joke. The dress Britta bought, had a black skirt with white polka-dots, and a white top. There was also a red sweater with a poodle on it. These dresses were perfect.

The Next Day

Cora P.O.V.

The dance is today! I can't wait! I hope Joe is ready! I ran out of my room, and pounded on Aspyn's bedroom door.

"Aspyn, Aspyn! The dance is tonight!" I screamed, managing to wake both of them up from my booming voice.

"I know, that's why I am trying to get some sleep, so I won't look like a zombie," Aspyn said calmly. I however, couldn't stop moving. I was so excited, that I decided to get dressed. I slipped on the stunning, silk dress. I gazed at myself in a full-length mirror. I couldn't believe the dance was already here. I fixed my hair, and put on my black and white shoes. I felt as if I had traveled through time. I loved being in this attire, I wish it was acceptable for me to wear this every day. It seemed as though time stopped, and not in a good way. It felt like ten minutes, was ten hours. Every second felt like an entire year. I just sat there, waiting for the time to suddenly start again. I sat on the couch fiddling my fingers, when my phone started to buzz. It was Joe. I answered the phone quickly.

"Hi Joe!" I said to him cheerfully.

"Hi Cora, I have a really stupid question," Joe said, I could hear embarrassment in his voice.

"No question is a stupid question."

"Okay mum," he joked. "Uh, when's the dance?"

"Tonight at five," I said sweetly.

"Okay, thanks. Are you wearing anything special?" He asked, and I started to worry.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked him in a panicky voice.

"Yes, I just wanted to make sure you were too," he said softly. I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. We are going to be the cutest date ever.

"Well, I am. I'll talk to you later okay?" I said.

"Sounds good," he replied, I smiled even though he couldn't see it. We hung up, and I sat back down on the couch. I waited, and waited, and waited. Hours passed, when I finally looked at the clock.

"Four thirty! Get ready! We have to go soon!" I ordered. I walked past the bathroom, and saw Aspyn and Britta finishing up their makeup. "So pretty!" I said proudly. Once they were finished, we all left the apartment, and walked to Whisper Hill. It was brightly lit up with many fairy lights. It looked like a fantasy world. I raced down the hill to where the dance was being held. I glanced around to see if anyone I knew was here yet. I decided to sit down, since no one I knew was there. Aspyn and Britta came to join me. After a while, someone approached me.

"May I have this dance?" Joe said, reaching for my hand. He looked so cute! He was wearing a black, leather jacket, with a white tee-shirt, and a pair of medium colored jeans. I grabbed his hand, and stood up. I curtsied, and he kissed my hand gently.

"Of course," I said sweetly, I could feel my cheeks blush. I turned around, and mouthed the words, I'm dancing.. with Joe! Aspyn and Britta just laughed, and gave me thumbs up. I placed hand on his shoulder, and intertwined my fingers with his. He gently placed his right hand on my side. When he pulled me close, I forgot how to breathe. I glanced over to see that Aspyn and Britta were both gone. The guys must've found them.

"Cora," Joe said to me softly. I peered into his gunmetal blue eyes. They were stunning.

"Yes?" I asked, I looked up at him through my lashes.

"I love you," he said gently, and hugged me tightly.

"I love you too," I said to him, resting my head on his shoulder. I now have found somebody that I love, someone I truly love. I love Aspyn and Britta, but I love Joe in a different kind of way. I felt like I was in a dream, and to some extent I was, because you always must wake up from a dream. My waking up would be Joe leaving, but right now, he's here, holding me in his arms. I would never ask for anything other than this. Having someone to hold you, and feel emotion with you. I love Joe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 988 22
Moving out for the first time, and being independent from your parents after years of being dependant on them was never going to be easy, that was fo...
126K 3.3K 23
[COMPLETED] Living on the streets is tough. Especially for a 12 year old girl. But her life is turned upside down when she gets saved. But who are th...
334 18 34
Amy is a student, with dreams of becoming a Journalist. But on her first visit to London she meets Joe Sugg, a youtuber and she instantly falls in lo...
3.4K 116 21
Ashley is a popular youtuber with 13 million subscribers who has recently moved to California and met a few boys and when she goes back home to visit...