Invisible Halo (MGK Fanfic)

By J_Latriceee

Monica was a typical Cleveland native, never seen the outside of her neighborhood. She was highly intelligent... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A/N: Final Note

Chapter 16

971 27 3
By J_Latriceee

Colson pov

Monica was back with two suitcases that looked like they would explode and clothes would fly everywhere. I was curious to know what had taken her so long to get here, it was almost time for dinner.

"Your back!!!" Casie screamed

"That's what I promised!" Monica said.

"Hey." I said giving Monica a quick wave.

"Hey!" She said, she was never this enthused, well around me anyway.

Monica picked up Casie and the disappeared into the living room. I walked upstairs to Dre's room, I needed someone that I could talk to about this.

"What's up Kells?" Dre said.

"Nothing man! Can I ask you something?" I said.

"Yeah, shoot."

"What do you know about Monica?"

Dre's expression changed completely, he looked like I had just asked him to help me murder someone.

"Why?" He asked as he arched his eyebrows.

"No reason, its just you guys have know her all your lives and I'm just now finding out who she is. I need to know who in letting hang out with my daughter and all." I said stiffly.

"Oh that's understandable I thought you were thinking about having sex with her. I was about to say boy you crazy!" He said before laughing.

I felt uncomfortable, was it that easy to tell that I had some type of feelings for her? I thought.

"Well she was an all 'A' student like I'm talking huge ass nerd, carried her own scientific calculator! She's only dated two people, they both ended up cheating on her. I don't know much, ask Slim."

"Oh trust me, that was enough information." I said.

I walked out of his room and walked to the living room to see Casie and Monica watching a 'Strawberry Shortcake' movie. Casie sat in Monica's lap with a bowl of popcorn.

"You eat all that popcorn you won't be able to eat dinner." I said to Casie.

Monica mouthed a quick 'I'm sorry'. The doorbell rung and I knew it was our pizza. Casie raced me to the door and she helped me open it up. The delivery man handed me four boxes of pizza and I swiped my card on his phone.

"Foods here!" I yelled for the whole house to hear me.

Everyone ran down the stairs almost trampling each other. Monica walked in last from the living room after she cut off the movie. We all sat to the table like a big family, me being at the foot of the table.

"Ashley do the honors of blessing the food." Slim said.

"Fine bow y'all heads!" Ashley said.

We all bowed her heads waiting for Ash to do her thing.

"We would like to thank you God for all that you've done. Thanks for giving us beds to lay our heads on, food to put in our mouths and clothes to put on our backs. Most importantly thanks for forming this unit we have, I am blessed to know everyone at this table."

"Amen!" We all said in unity.

"Dang Ash you trying to make me emotional?" Rook joked.

"My dad was preacher, its in my genes." Ashley said.

We all laughed, for the rest of dinner we all shared updates about how our week's went and what we were most excited about for the tour. When everyone finished their food Rook and Dub volunteered to wash the dishes. Everyone else other than Monica, Casie and I were watching Netflix in the living room. It was my little munchkins bedtime.

Casie jumped in her bed and got situated under the covers.

"Ready for your goodnight prayer?" I asked Casie.

She nodded her head yes and intertwined her fingers together.

"Monica, can you come lay with me?" Casie asked before she closed her eyes.

It kind of reminded me of last night when Monica had asked me to lay with her.

"Of course sweetie!" Monica said as she crawled in the bed next to Casie.

Casie then began to pray and Monica watched her carefully.

"Thank you father for this beautiful day. I finally got to see Monica again, please don't ever let her leave me or daddy. We both love her so much and I don't know what we'd do without her." Casie whispered to herself.

That last line caused Monica to look at me, once again searching my face for the unknown.

"Will you both stay it'll help me sleep better?" Casie asked.

I looked to her then to Monica, she nodded signing that it was fine with her. I laid down on the right side of Casie and Monica laid on the left side of her.

"Love you daddy." Casie said.

"Love you too baby." I said.

"Love you Monica." Casie said.

"Love you too Cas." Monica said.

Casie fell asleep in seconds, Monica and I got out of the bed slowly and quietly so we wouldn't wake her. We walked to my room and she helped me pack up the rest of my stuff.

"You have something really special." Monica said.

"Thanks, I honestly would be lost without her. She's my inspiration, I could never stop working hard because that'd be taking food out of her mouth." I replied.

"I wish everyone grinded the way you do for your daughter."

"What's your inspiration?"

"For what?"

"What made you get good grades in school? What made you go to trade school?"

"I don't really know. I guess I didn't want to end up like everyone else. I didn't want to be dead, in jail, or 16 and pregnant like your typical 'hood rat'."

"Wow, that's raw!"

She smiled at me and for the first time I saw a dimple peek out on her right cheek.

"Tell me a story about yourself? I always end up confessing and crying to you, its your turn." She said.

"Okay, what do you want to know?" I asked.

"Something interesting, what about your first love?"

"I've never been in love, but there is this girl who sparks my flame."

She looked at me intrigued, she would never know that girl was her.

"She has nice curly hair that makes me think of waves. She's beautiful on the inside and out literally, one of the nicest personality's ever. I don't go a day without constantly thinking of her." I explained stuttering.

"Aw she sounds so special, you should tell her I'm sure she'd love to be yours. Your such a sweetheart and I know from our past encounters that your a good listener." She said.

I tried to keep my disappointment to myself. I could never have my dream girl she was off limits and she didn't show interest in me in that way.

"What did you do when you left earlier?" I asked hoping I didn't sound too nosey.

"I got to my house and Janine was there."

"The same one you were crying about last night?"

"Yeah, she just wanted to return some things that she borrowed from me. It's going to be weird for her to not be in my life anymore."

"Hey, maybe now you won't be so emotional now." I said through laughs.

"That is so true! I'll miss my weekly therapy sessions with you though."

"I'll still be here!"

"I'm here for you too!" She said sweetly placing her hand on top of mine.

"I'm going to hit the sack, its great having you back." I said.

"It's good to be back." She said.

Monica hugged me goodnight and I wished that she would never let go. She gave amazing ass hugs, she walked out and everyone was heading to their rooms to get sleep.

This is going to be a good tour. My last thought before sleep won its battle over me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 10.9K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
383K 15K 121
Blair is a wild, untamed firecracker-sharp-tongued, fearless, and totally done with love after a brutal breakup. She's got walls up so high, no one d...
78.1K 2.9K 102
"She could have died today for me, and I didn't even know her name." ------------------------- Imagine that there are no limits for you. No yesterda...
215K 5.7K 42
Diamond had a fucked up childhood which turned her into a thug. She starts falling for a boy but he doesn't know how fucked up she is and neither doe...