Arrow's Girl

By AleinaLister

Elena Swan is one of Oliver Queen's oldest friends. They've been friends ever since they were kids. Then, Oli... More

Introducing Me
Lian Yu
Elena?
Visit For A Friend
Ollie?
Waiting
May I Have This Dance?
Her Father...
Can't Stop Myself
Morning...
Just Elena
I'm In Love, Can You Tell?
Busy Busy Day. Fun.
First Task Together
The Dollmaker
The Mayor: Part 1
The Mayor: Part 2

The Mayor: Part Three

1.4K 31 8
By AleinaLister

Oliver and I wait on top of a rooftop as I shoot an arrow with a line on it for Sara to slide on. She was watching over her friend at Glades Memorial, since she got shot at the Guns event today.

Sara lands and walks towards us. "I want to see how you do in a real fight." Oliver tells her as we all look down from the roof.

"Good," replies Sara. "I was looking for a fight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We watch as the Mayor waits and a few military trucks roll in. The truck stops and the driver- a lightly tanned man in a military uniform- of the first truck jumps out and walks to the Mayor.

"They're with me," he says, motioning at his men, as the Mayor smiles and walks up to him. "He wasn't."

The man motions to a dead man in the truck with a bullet hole in his chest. Both the men laugh as they briefly shake hands and hug.

"You're done being all you can be." says the Mayor as they pull apart.

The man is handed a gun and presents it to the Mayor. "You and I are gonna own this town." Mayor says, gleefully, as he puts his hand on the man's shoulder before taking the gun out of the man's hands. "Now, let's see what this bad boy can do."

Before he can, I shoot an arrow to the ground from the rooftop and slide down as Sara starts fighting. I land and swing my bow at a man who comes charging at me. I quickly kick him in the chest as I swing my bow again, making him go down. Oliver starts shooting men from his perch as Sara and I continue to fight.

Oliver climbs down as I take down three more men. Oliver finishes taking down his last guy. After he's done, he looks at me. I look behind him and someone is still up.

"Behind you." I say to Oliver.

He turns around to see the Mayor pointing his grenade gun at us. "Old school weapon. Respect. But can your arrows do this?" he says before he fires at us.

In response, I quickly notch an arrow and send it at the grenade. They meet in between the Mayor and us, making the grenade explode. The force of the explosion pushes all of us down so that we land on the ground.

I lift my head to see my bow blown out of my hands and Sarah's staff in front of me instead. In an instant, I grab the staff, spin around. and swing the staff at one of the men who charge at me. The staff hits him in the face and he goes down with a grunt.

I quickly stand up and fight. Since I was trained in Nanda Parbat to fight with every weapon, the staff doesn't bother me.

I see Oliver still has his bow while Sara fights with mine. Sara's fighting style is really familiar...

We all take down the men who try in vain to fight us. I slash the staff at the last of the men who tried to attack me and didn't notice another man sneaking up behind me until I heard the THWANG! of my bow's bowstring and the man goes down with an arrow in his shoulder blade. Courtesy of Sara.

I smile as we walk to each other. "Swap ya." I say as I hand her the staff and Sara smiles as she gives me my bow.

Silently, we all walk towards where the Mayor was. Sara and Oliver go to cut him off ahead while I follow him.

The Mayor walks with the gun still in his hands, looking for where we went. "Come on, where are you?" he says.

"Right here." I say behind him, my voice box on.

I hit his back with my bow hard and as he leans down in pain, I shortly kick his knee so he falls. As he falls to his knees, I quickly loop my bow and pull it against his neck in anger.

All the feelings that I have towards this man start to surface as I think of the shootings in the gun event, how many people were hurt, how he put Thea in danger. As I think about what he's done, I pull the bow harder.

"You almost hurt someone I care about. . ." I say through gritted teeth as he struggles to fight me off and stop the bow from crushing his windpipe. "Not a smart move."

"Swan, stop!" Oliver exclaims, his voice box on.

I look up at Oliver, my bow still on The Mayor's neck. "You can't save a city with forgiveness." Sara tells Oliver, coldly.

"You don't have to forgive him," Oliver retorts, his eyes still on me. "But you do have to let him live."

I give a deep exhale as I straighten out and take the bow off of The Mayor's neck.

He gives a short laugh. "I knew you didnt have it in you," he muses. "Arrow, tighten the leash on your bitch."

My temper finally snaps as I swing the bow across his head, hard. His unconscious body crumbles to the ground.

Angry, I counter the insult. "I really don't like being called that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Oliver and I are in Queen Consolidated, watching some news coverage.

"Demonstrations against the construction of Star Labs' new Particle Accelerator have reached a fever pitch with five more protesters arrested. In other recent news, the Cash for Guns event held in the Glades is credited with getting over 800 weapons off the streets. CEO of Swan Industries, Elena Swan participated as a main sponsor. However, there seems to be a mystery on the second major donor who sponsored the event"

I turn off the news just as Sebastian Blood walks into the room.

"I guess what they say is true; One man can change the world." he muses, looking at Oliver before looking at me. "Or one woman."

"I think we'll leave changing the world to you, Alderman." I counter with a small smile.

Sebastian becomes solemn and gives me a small smile in return. "I'm only in the world because of you. Thank you."

I can hear the sincerity in his voice as I give him a full, real smile. "I was just acting on instinct."

"It wasn't instinct," he retorts. "It was strength."

"I see the signs and the graffiti," Oliver cuts in, kindly. "'Blood for Mayor'. Now that the 'Mayor' is in prison, maybe you should run."

Sebastian shakes his head, a smile displayed from ear to ear. "There's more than one way to save a city," he responds before patting Oliver on the arm and leaving.

I turn to Oliver and close the gap between us. "He's right, you know," I say as I loosely wrap my arms around his neck. "I like our way of saving people."

Oliver smiles as well and wraps his arms around my torso. "So do I," he agrees before lightly kissing my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oliver, Sara, and I go to the hospital to check on her friend that got shot at the Cash for Guns event.

She walks back from taking a look and she looks relieved.

"Your friend," I say as she stands in front of me. "I took care of her medical expenses."

"Thank you," she responds with some difficulty, before trying to leave. "I don't want Thea to see me-"

"What's your plan, Sara?" Oliver steps in the way of her leaving. "Because right now, you're just. . . Well, you're whipping across rooftops and watching over your family like some sort of ghost."

"We're both ghosts," Sara states. "We died on that island."

"No, we didn't," Oliver argues. "We both lived."

"Sara, I get that you've been in pain so long that it probably just feels normal now, but you can let it go and come home," I assure her with pain in my voice. "I know that the Earthquake brought you here, but your family kept you here. You have to tell them, Sara."

"They need to know." Oliver chimes in.

Sara gives a deep sigh. "You already told my family that I died on the Gambit," she points out to Oliver. "If they knew the truth,-"

"They would never. . . They would never talk to me again," Oliver admits, as he lightly chuckles out of sadness. "Not one of them. But it would be worth it."

I hold out my hand to Sara, in hopes she would agree with us. We will endure anything and everything that will follow this choice.

And as soon as she takes my hand, I know that our lives, abnormal as they already are, will never be the same again.

《♤》《♤》《♤》《♤》《♤》《♤》《♤》

Hello, my lovelies!

I know, it's been too long. . .

Senior Year kicked my butt, but I survived and am now graduated from high school!!!

And now, I have a short breather before starting college, so more updates to come!

Hopefully you guys liked this update.

As always, I love reading what you guys think, so don't hesitate to comment or send me a PM.

Don't forget to Vote!

Until Next Time, Happy Reading!

-Aleina Lister

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 43 21
Mackayla Merlyn disappeared 7 years ago after getting on the Queen's Gambit with her best friends Sara Lance and Oliver Queen. Once they got off that...
89.2K 3.3K 50
"If anyone finds out the truth, I can't stay with my family." I muttered squeezing my arms tighter around my knees. "Then let me help you." My head r...
2.6K 55 24
Lydia Joanna Lance is the adopted daughter of Quentin and Dinah Lance. The Lance's adopted Lydia when she was 7 years old because after Laurel and Sa...
1.9K 39 12
Sara had died.... again, and everyone on the team was heartbroken, especially her sister. But there was one other person that was heartbroken even mo...