Visit For A Friend

Elena's POV

I sit at a table in Iron Heights, the prison of Starling City. I'm dressed in tight black dress that goes down to just above my knees and two finger width of sleeves, black stockings, and black flat shoes, my hair put in a braided bun.

I tap my foot on the floor, anxious to see an old friend.

She comes through the doors (dressed in gray clothes), looks to see who wants to see her, smiles, and comes to sit across from me.

"Lena, it's great to see you." she says, happily, taking my hands in hers.

I smiles back at her and give her hands a loving squeeze.

"It's great to see you, too, Moira. How have you been?" I ask her.

"I've been better. What about you?" she asks me, more worried about me than herself.

"I've been busy. Swan Industries has never been more productive, and the board of directors for Merlyn Incorporated want me to be the new CEO, so they're trying to create a merger between the companies." I tell her honestly.

She was usually the one I could tell my pains of being a CEO to.

"That's great, and you also have been taking care of Queen Consolidated." Moira adds, giving a small smile.

"How did you-"

"We do get the news in here." she cuts me off, giving a fully amused smile.

I chuckle for a moment. Of course, Moira would still try to find something to make me smile.

"Yes, I have been taking care of your company while Oliver is away. And all of this, while taking care of Danny." I say, kind of tired.

Oh, I guess I should tell you about my brother, Daniel Swan. He's two years younger than me.

 He's two years younger than me

Yes, that's him.

He has dark chocolate brown hair that's short, his eyes are rich olive green with a ring of gold around the pupil.

He also has slightly tanned skin and dark blood red lips that seem slightly full over two rows of perfect white teeth. He has a little large build, with perfectly toned muscles (and, yes, he does have a full six pack, ladies).

With him being as close to perfect as humanity can get, it's no wonder that he's very popular among people, especially women. Let's just say that he's a bit of a playboy. Or at least, he was. Now, he's growing up and maturing, and he actually moved out of the house to live in his own apartment. But, occasionally, he asks me for some money.

Not a real shocker there. But, no matter what he does, I love him.

"That's great to hear that Danny's doing alright on his own." Moira says, truthfully.

"VISITING TIME IS OVER, WILL PRISONERS PLEASE GO BACK TO THEIR CELLS." a man's voice says over the intercom.

Moira and I stand up and hug briefly. Then, after saying a brief goodbye, Moira was gone again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I go over to the Cemetery, afterwards. I walk past many graves until I find the one I have been looking for.

Talia Swan,
Beloved mother and loyal friend.

I kneel before my mother's grave onto the slightly damp green grass, laying a bouquet of fresh white roses.

Her favorite...

"Hi, Mom." I say to the tombstone. "Oh, I'm okay. Just sad, that's all. Moira's in jail, Danny boy moved out, and Oliver's gone, again.

"I just don't know what to do anymore. I mean, I'm trying to make you proud and have a good life, like you always told me to do, but now it's like I have a huge, 'LEAVE THIS GIRL IF YOU WANT TO LIVE', sign above my head.

"Oh well, I'm sure it happens to everyone. Anyway, the company's doing great, actually there's a party tonight to celebrating the fortieth anniversary of the company.

"The board of directors will be there, also the Merlyn board of directors, aqaintances, shareholders, the mayor, and old friends. I hope it'll be a good party, or good enough for you. Well, I better get going. I'll come to see you later. I love you, Mom.

"Happy birthday."

I stand up, wiping a few tears that fell onto my cheeks, and walk to my limo, which is waiting for me, and go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take a shower, wash my hair, and shave my legs. After my hair is dried, I put it up in a bun and pin it with two small combs, one on each side.

I put a long black lacey robe over my undergarments and sit at my desk/mirror table to figure out the jewelry to go with my dress.

"I like it better when your hair's down." says a voice from behind me.

A voice that always gives my heart butterflies.

It can't be...

I spin around to see if it was true. And it is him...

Oliver!!!