The Mayor: Part Three

Oliver and I wait on top of a rooftop as I shoot an arrow with a line on it for Sara to slide on. She was watching over her friend at Glades Memorial, since she got shot at the Guns event today.

Sara lands and walks towards us. "I want to see how you do in a real fight." Oliver tells her as we all look down from the roof.

"Good," replies Sara. "I was looking for a fight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We watch as the Mayor waits and a few military trucks roll in. The truck stops and the driver- a lightly tanned man in a military uniform- of the first truck jumps out and walks to the Mayor.

"They're with me," he says, motioning at his men, as the Mayor smiles and walks up to him. "He wasn't."

The man motions to a dead man in the truck with a bullet hole in his chest. Both the men laugh as they briefly shake hands and hug.

"You're done being all you can be." says the Mayor as they pull apart.

The man is handed a gun and presents it to the Mayor. "You and I are gonna own this town." Mayor says, gleefully, as he puts his hand on the man's shoulder before taking the gun out of the man's hands. "Now, let's see what this bad boy can do."

Before he can, I shoot an arrow to the ground from the rooftop and slide down as Sara starts fighting. I land and swing my bow at a man who comes charging at me. I quickly kick him in the chest as I swing my bow again, making him go down. Oliver starts shooting men from his perch as Sara and I continue to fight.

Oliver climbs down as I take down three more men. Oliver finishes taking down his last guy. After he's done, he looks at me. I look behind him and someone is still up.

"Behind you." I say to Oliver.

He turns around to see the Mayor pointing his grenade gun at us. "Old school weapon. Respect. But can your arrows do this?" he says before he fires at us.

In response, I quickly notch an arrow and send it at the grenade. They meet in between the Mayor and us, making the grenade explode. The force of the explosion pushes all of us down so that we land on the ground.

I lift my head to see my bow blown out of my hands and Sarah's staff in front of me instead. In an instant, I grab the staff, spin around. and swing the staff at one of the men who charge at me. The staff hits him in the face and he goes down with a grunt.

I quickly stand up and fight. Since I was trained in Nanda Parbat to fight with every weapon, the staff doesn't bother me.