Her Father...

Elena's POV

Oliver and I ride in my limo to my house. We're both very tired. So tired that we ride in silence.

When we arrive at my house, the driver, Tod, drives away.

"How are you going to get home?" I ask Oliver as we stand in front of Swan Manor.

"I brought my motorcycle and parked it at your garage, I'll be fine." he answers.

He looks at me, as if he'd never seen me before. I look at him and stare at everything that I had missed about him when he left.

Snap!

As an instinct, I pulled a knife out of my handbag and throw it in the direction of the sound!

The target turns out to be a member of the League of Assassins, but not in his uniform. The knife pins his shoulder to the wall.

"Who are you?!" Oliver demands as he stands in front of me.

"Just a humble servant." the man replies, answering Oliver but looks at me.

"Of who?" Oliver questions.

"Her father." the man says, slowly.

Oh no...

"Her father?" Oliver asks, incredulously.

"Yes, her father... Ras Al Ghul."

I immediately release him, at which he runs, and disappears into the shadows.

I turns to Oliver, who wears a face of shock and... betrayal.

"Ollie, I-"

"Your father is Ras Al Ghul?!" He cuts me off, in almost a shout.

"Oliver, please-"

"Is he?!" This time he shouts.

"Yes!!" I shout back, as a natural response.

"Why didn't you tell me? When did you find out? How did-"

"Oliver, I'll be able to tell you everything, if you let me speak." I say calmly.

He nods and stays silent. And I begin:

"The day after Mom's funeral, my father came to me and offered to train me, that I might be able to protect people in Starling City from suffering that kind of pain. He trained me mostly here, but when Starling wasn't able to provide me with the situation that I needed to train, I went on a "business trip".

"These "business trips" lasted for a week or two, three at the max. By the end of three years, I was more trained and deadly than most of my father's most deadly assassins.

"When I came back, a full fledged member but honorably released, I became the first vigilant, the Swan."

"Swan..." Oliver draws out, slowly.

I nod at him. "I may have changed since you left, Ollie, but I never forgot about my family and where I was coming from."

"Why haven't I heard of, 'The Swan'?"

"Because I asked John and Felicity not to tell you. I wasn't as famous as you, but I was known for stopping occasional drug cartels. I was mostly in the Glades. And... I didn't want you to know."

"Why not?"

"Because I didn't want you to know have much I've changed."

Oliver was silent for what seemed like minutes. The silence was torture. Finally, I couldn't stand it.

"Ollie, please, say something!" I exclaim.

"Like what, Elena?! Like: 'Even though you've lied and kept secrets and... Lord knows what! That doesn't change our friendship'?! Well, I'm sorry, but if I said something like that, I would be lying."

"But, Oliver-"

"I'm sorry, Elena, but I don't know if I could trust you ever again. Good bye, Ms. Swan."

And with that, Oliver runs away.

I lost him again.