Complicated Fairytale

由 missk151

Addison Hayes is content with her life. She runs her own company and has a long term boyfriend. Until she me... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 4

378 7 0
由 missk151

   "It means that I always get what I want and if I want you I could have you.  A boyfriend isn't going to stop me." He smirks walking over to me. 

  Before I can process what is happening he is leaning over me.  He takes my head in his hands and places his lips against mine.  His kiss is slow and passionate.  I've never been kissed like this in my life.  I can't think straight all I can do is kiss him back.  He runs his tongue along my lips asking for permission.  I open my mouth and he glides his tongue along mine making me moan.  He runs his fingers across my cheek as he kisses me giving me chills.  I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me.  I smell his cologne again and the smell intoxicates me even more. I kiss him harder. 

   I hear the door to the apartment open and I push him away.  Oh my god, what did I just do?! Darby is standing in the doorway shocked at what she just walked in on. 

"Don't mind me.  Just yell if you need me Addi." Darby states and heads down the hall.  I hear her bedroom door shut and Kade smiles at me. 

"I guess I should get going since she's here but I really don't want to.  Do you want me to help you to your room?"

"I don't think that's a good idea, Kade.  What just happened shouldn't of.  I'm not that kind of girl, I don't cheat. I should have stopped you."

He laughs. "But you didn't Addison."

"No I didn't but I am now.  I think you should go Kade."

He shakes his head at me.  "You want me just as much as I want you, Addison.
When you realize that give me a call." He takes a card out of his pocket and hands it to me.  He puts on his shoes and picks up his jacket. "I'll see you soon Addison."  He grins and leaves.

My head is spinning I can't believe what just happened.  "Dar!!!!" I yell.

She comes out of her room and looks around seeing that Kade is gone.  "Ok what the hell happened? You were making out with him Addi." She grins.

"I'm well aware of what I was doing.  It shouldn't have happened.  I don't know what came over me.  I couldn't think and I really didn't want to.  I've never been kissed like that Dar.  It was so intense and passionate."

She smiles at me. "I think he would be great for you Addi.  It's obvious there is chemistry between you two.  You should have dumped Grant's boring ass a long time ago."

"Darby! Don't say that!  Grant is not boring he is just busy, and we are good together.  This shouldn't have happened and I'll probably never see Kade again so let's just keep this between us ok?"

"Whatever you say! But at least think about it Addi.  Kade is perfect for you and he wants you."

"You don't know that! He is a playboy Darby he can have anyone he wants why would he want me?" I huffed at her.  "I don't want to talk about this anymore just help me to bed ok?" She just rolled her eyes.

I stood up and with a little help I wobbled to my room, my ankle was better but still wasn't a hundred percent.  I changed and went to sleep.

The next day I woke up and the sun was shining through my window.  Oh shit, I pick up my phone and see it's ten a.m. Oh my god, I'm so late.  I get out of bed standing up slowly.  Luckily my ankle is fine but my head is killing me.  I pick up my phone and call my assistant.

"Hello, Hayes Event Planning how may I help you?" Nora answers.

"Nora it's me," I tell her as I go to my closet to get dressed.

"Where are you? Is everything ok? I was getting ready to send a search party." She asks.

"I'm fine just not feeling very well.  But I'll be in soon."

"Oh well, you can stay home if you want.  I sent Nicole to finish the decorations for the anniversary party and I took care of everything else for you.  The only thing you need to do is have lunch with Emma Jacobs today. "  she says sweetly.

"Wow, thanks, Nora.  You are a great assistant.  I'll take care of the lunch with Emma and I'll see you Monday then." I state.

"Ok! Hope you feel better! Bye Addison."

"Thanks. Bye Nora."

I texted Emma about our lunch and went to take a shower.  It was nice to have great employees and relax a little maybe Kade was right.

I got dressed and went downtown to meet Emma.  I entered the cafe and I could see Emma in a booth with a man.  The hostess escorted me to the table and when I went to sit down I looked across the table in shock.  "What the hell are you doing here?" I demanded.

Kade grins up at me. "You should have told me you were doing my sister's wedding Addi."

"Your sister? What? I didn't know she was your sister!" I all but yelled at him.

"Oh, the name didn't tip you off?" He asks me.

"No, it didn't really cross my mind. I guess I should have known.  But why are you here?" I questioned him.

"Ok just hold up! What is going on? Kade, how do you know Ms. Hayes?" Emma asked him looking confused.

"I met her yesterday and things didn't exactly end well between us." He smirks.

"You slept with her? Damn it Kade can't you keep it in your pants! I can't believe this she is the best and now my idiot brother has screwed this up for me!" She smacks his arm and he laughs.

"Calm down Em damn.  I didn't sleep with her not that I wouldn't of liked to." He looks at me and I'm sure my face couldn't get any redder.

"Shut up Kade!  Look Ms. Hayes please tell me my brother hasn't ruined this? You'll still plan my wedding." She begs.

"Of course I will and call me Addi.  Just try to keep your brother on a leash and we will be fine." She laughs and nods.

Kade huffs. "She can try but that's a long shot babe.  So let's get down to business I need to know how much this is going to be.  That's why I'm here dad couldn't make it so he sent me."

"Well, that just depends on what Emma wants," I state.

"I want white and pink roses everywhere, I want huge chandeliers,  I want a dance floor floating over the pool with swans." She squeals.

"Ok slow down I can do all of those things but first you need to pick a date and invitations.  We need to send those out ASAP." I tell her and she nods.  We look at the calendar and she chooses May 23rd.  I give her the invitation book I brought and let her look.  While she is looking Kade sits across from me messing with his phone.  I lean over a bit trying to see what he is doing.  He looks up at me.

"Do you need something Addi?" He asks grinning and I shake my head.  

"If you wanted to know you could just ask Addison.  I was rearranging my schedule. I was supposed to be out of town that weekend on my annual surfing trip with my best friend."   He states and I nod unsure of what to say.  He looks so good today he is wearing a black suit with a white shirt and a light blue tie.  He notices me looking and smirks. 

"Ok, I think I like this one!" Emma points to the invitation she likes.

"Of course you do it's the most expensive one on the page," Kade says to her laughing.

"Shut up it's not your money I'm spending remember it's dads." She smiles at him and he nods.

"Thank god it's not my money or I'd be broke." They both laugh.  It's nice to see how they interact with each other.  I often wished I had a brother or a sister. 

"So I'll get these printed up and I'll have you come back and make sure everything is correct.  I'll also need a guest list with addresses." I tell her as she hands me a book.

"I put them all down and checked them myself.  It's only 300 people that isn't going to be an issue is it?" She asks.

"No as long you have enough parking and space for the guests it will be fine."

"We've got plenty of space, dads threw parties larger than 300," Kade replies. 

Emma nods.

"Ok well, that's all I need from you right now.  I know the colors and flowers.  We will have to sit down next week and do the table arrangements and I'll need to meet the caterer at some point."

She nods. "Thank you so much I know it's short notice."

I smile at her.  "It's no problem really we've still got three and a half weeks.  I've done a wedding in under two weeks before with more guests.  So don't stress you let me take care of everything it's my job."

"Ok! Well, I've got to go. I'm meeting Ryan at the airport! He is taking me to LA for the weekend!" She hugs me and I hug her back.  She is really sweet I could see us being good friends.  She kisses her brother's cheek and tells him bye.  Then she is gone. 

"So what are your plans for the day?" Kade asks me as I pack up my stuff.

"Um, rest? I guess I took the day off other than this meeting."

"Really? I thought you couldn't do that?"

"Well I didn't on purpose I overslept and my assistant had already taken care of everything but this meeting."

"Good for you. Now you have time for me." He winks.

"I have a boyfriend remember? This isn't happening Kade."

"Come on I'll behave I promise." He smiles at me and I melt a little.  Why did he have to be so damn good-looking?

"What did you have in mind?" I asked curiously.

"My father's plane is fueling up as we speak to take me to Vegas for the weekend.  Why don't you come with me?" He grins.  Is he serious? He wants me to spend the weekend with him?

"Are you crazy? How much whiskey did you drink last night?" I laugh.
"I can't go away with you for a weekend I have a boyfriend Kade!  Do you think he would like me to go to Vegas with some guy?!"

"I don't really give a damn what he thinks.  I think we would have fun together.  Come with me, you need a break Addi.  Let me show you a good time." He smirks.

"I think you intend on showing me more than a good time Kade and the answer is no.  Even if I didn't have Grant I wouldn't just take off with you.  I barely know you."

"Grant? Whose that?" He asks looking at me curiously.

"My boyfriend Kade! Are you not evening listening to me?"

"Grant who?" He asks again and I'm getting annoyed.

"Grant Archer," I say huffing at him.

"He's your boyfriend? I've never heard him mention you." He states like he is trying to piss me off.

"Ugh! Yes Kade he is my boyfriend! Has been for two years and how the hell do you know him anyway? What do you know everyone in this damn town?" I yell at him. 

He laughs. "Not everyone I didn't know you remember?  Grant works for the firm that handles my dad's company.  I've known him since he started there.  He talks about business mostly but I've never heard him talk about a girlfriend."

"So what's your point, Kade?"

"Maybe he isn't who you think he is Addi.  The jets leaving soon.  Are you coming or not?"

"No Kade I'm not coming and just because you've never heard Grant talk about me doesn't mean anything!" I shouted at him picking up my bag and I walk out of the cafe.

The whole way home I kept replaying Kade's comment in my head.  "Maybe he isn't who I think he is?" What the hell did that mean?  Did Kade know something I didn't or was he just messing with my head because he wants to sleep with me?  This is so confusing! 

When I got back to the apartment I checked my phone.  Funny I haven't heard from Grant yet today.  Maybe I should check in with him. 

Hope you are having a good day.  Maybe we can get together later?

I sent the text and put my phone down.  Hmm now, what to do?  I haven't had a day off in so long I didn't know how to act.  I took off my shoes and turned on some music on my iPad.   I turn up the music and danced around.  Darby came down the hall yawning and looked at me like I'd lost my mind.

"What are you doing home Addi?" She stared at me and I laughed. 

"I took the day off." I smiled at her.

"Ok, who are you? And where did you put my best friend?" She asks seriously.

"Don't be so dramatic Dar.  I overslept and Nora took care of everything so I didn't need to go in." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Looks like Kade's has had a good influence on you already." She smirks and goes in the kitchen.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I demanded. 

"It means he got you to loosen up a little bit! It's not a bad thing Addi.  You haven't taken a day off in years! You usually go in sick because you don't want to give anyone else control." She states getting her coffee.

I shrug.  "So maybe he did but it doesn't mean anything.  I had a lunch meeting about a wedding and it turns out the wedding is for Kade's sister so I'll be running into him a lot until this wedding is over."

"You are doing Emma Jacobs's wedding? You have to get me invited!!! It's gonna be the biggest wedding of the year!!" She squeals.

I laugh at her.  "Maybe Kade would bring you as his date?"

"Yeah, right he wants you not me.  I can't believe you are doing Emma Jacobs's wedding this is going to make you famous Addi! Everyone is going to see the pictures and what an amazing job you do!" She smiles. 

"I hadn't even thought about it.  We are pretty busy anyway but this could really get us some clients." I grin.  I picked up my phone and realized I still hadn't heard from Grant.  It's not like him to not answer. 

"Expecting a call from Kade?" Darby asks me smirking.

"No, I texted Grant and haven't heard back."

"Oh well, maybe he doesn't want to be interrupted." She states shaking her head.

"Don't be like that Dar! Grant cares about me he is just busy."  Wasn't he?  Friday normally was the most relaxed day he typically got off early on Fridays.  Why wasn't he answering me?

Darby went to get ready and I sat down on the couch turning on the tv.  I flipped thru the channels and soon realized nothing was on.  I picked up my phone and seen it had been an hour since I texted him.  So I decided to call the office and ask for him.  I hung up the phone in shock at the secretary's words.  "Mr. Archer isn't in today would you like to leave a message?"

Wasn't in? Then where the hell was he?  In the two years I've known him,  he has never taken off work.  I called his cell and it went to voicemail.  I yelled to Darby to tell her I was going to Grant's and I grabbed my purse. 

On the way over to his townhouse, I had the worst feeling.  I felt sick to my stomach,  what if something happened to him?  I pulled up to his house and a red convertible is in the driveway next to his BMW.  I got out and went up the driveway toward the door.  Before I could even make it to the door I see a tall brunette in the window, wearing some skimpy black dress that barely covered her ass.  I stood there looking in the window in disbelief who the hell was she?  I couldn't move.  I stood there watching as a shirtless Grant came up behind her kissing her neck and fondling her.  I couldn't breathe.  I felt like someone took a hammer and smashed my heart into pieces.  I wanted to scream and break the window but I didn't.  Instead, I went back to my car and drove away.  They never even seen me.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

20K 1.8K 31
𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘥, 𝘪 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰�...
2.2K 574 10
[on going] 𝟐𝟐-𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫-𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫...
4.2M 14.6K 6
Addison Kepner is struggling to get a grasp on life. With her roommate Keegan dating an unhinged orthorexic, promiscuous shrew, her mother suffering...
22 0 48
A love triangle occurs when three people fall for each other. Sometimes, a square occurs when there are four. However, this story is a month long jou...