The Familiars [Book 1]

By Swan12345678

A Familiar: An animal that chooses a human to bond with. The bond between the human and animal are created ou... More

Prologue....
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 8

3.2K 198 5
By Swan12345678

(Marcus POV)

'Do you think it will have worked??' asked Cronus. 'Yes. She will have a feeling that she will have to know. Trust me. She'll come' I replied as I thought about Artemis. Then I felt something stir within me. Something that had been sleeping since I was sent here. And as it woke up, Artemis emotions filled my body. Fear, anger, rage, sadness, hope. She was here! But someone was hurting her. Then I heard her scream and so did Cronus. 'What was that!?' yelled Cronus. 'That was Artemis!!!!!' I yelled. Then I saw the four guards from the front gates land in the throne room. Two dropped Artemis and a golden baby dragon. 'We have captured the queen!!!!' sneered the leader of the group. Cronus smiled but looked at me. I was fuming and full of rage. Then suddenly Artemis screamed again and her whole body gleamed for a split second. This caught Cronos's attention and his eyes widened. Then her whole body writhed and she rolled onto her back and her back arched in agony. I couldn't take this anymore and I ran up to her side.

'Artemis!!!! Listen to me!!!! Listen to my voice!!!!' I yelled and her body tensed for a split second at my touch. Then our bond suddenly grabbed hold of us both and electricity surged from my palms to flow unrestricted to her heart.

(Artemis POV)

It paused mid beat as pleasure swirled though me, making my skin tingle as sensation lit me up. I breathed in deeply and the scent of smoke and damp leaves flowed into my nose. And I was getting a high from it. I opened my eyes and saw the man holding me in his arms. Then a name surfaced in my mind. 'Marcus....?' I whispered. He nodded and lifted me up bridal style in his arms. 'I will deal with you four later!!!' growled the man sitting on the throne. The four dragons growled at Marcus holding me but Marcus roared at them and they shivered. Marcus walked into a hallway and the man from the throne followed us. I closed my eyes and I could feel all the electricity flowing through me. Had I ever felt this good with Caleb? Nah! Never! Then suddenly Marcus turned a corner and opened a door and walked in.

Then I saw the baby dragon in the man's arms from the throne. Marcus laid me on the bed and I reached out for the baby dragon the man handed me the baby dragon and I hugged the dragon to my chest. His side was covered in blood but I still held him to me. Tears pricked my eyes. 'Mamma??!!' groaned the baby dragon. 'Yes! Yes I'm here! Mummy's here!' I whispered to the baby dragon and the dragon squealed in happiness. I smiled and tears fell down my cheeks. 'Why did those men attack me?!' I sobbed as I held the baby dragon. The man that had been sitting on the throne pulled a book off a shelf and opened it to a certain page. 'Let me help your dragon. Then we'll talk' said the man softy. I held the baby dragon to me tightly for a moment then I handed him to the man. Then I looked at Marcus. 'Do you remember anything about me??' asked Marcus. And the first thought that came to my mind was the memory I had seen when the baby dragon had been feeding.

'Yes....' I said blushing slightly. 'The spell must have weakened temporarily while you were feeding the baby dragon' smiled Marcus. 'You were watching me??' I asked. 'Through our watch glass. Marcus here has been watching you ever since he was banished here' replied the man. 'This is Cronus. He's the leader of our kind. Those dragons that attacked you, they are dark dragons. Known for awakening things in us. Like our deepest desires and dreams' whispered Marcus as he reached out and gently stroked my cheek. I moaned at his touch. Somehow, this felt right. Every time he touched me, I felt alive and free. Then I heard the baby dragon squeal in happiness. Cronus then handed him to me and I hugged him tightly to my chest. 'Are you ok Mama?? Your heart is beating really fast!!!' said the baby dragon. 'I'm ok. I'm just glad you're ok' I said with a blush. 'Now my dear. I have to try and remove this spell that is on you' said Cronus gently. 'How?!' I asked as panic swirled in me. 'Marcus and I will have to go into your mind. It won't hurt I promise' said Cronus gently. I looked at Marcus and he nodded and smiled softly.

'Ok' I replied. 'You will have to fall asleep. I'm sure Marcus can help you with that' said Cronus with a smile as he looked at Marcus and he smiled and shook his head. Marcus helped me lie down again and the baby dragon curled up against myside. Marcus laid on the bed beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist. I gasped in pleasure as our bond tied together and electricity flowed through me again. My eyes drifted closed and I snuggled my head against Marcus's chest and fell asleep.

(Marcus POV)

As soon as she went quiet and limp in my arms, I knew she was asleep. 'Since you two have such a strong bond, it will be easy getting into her mind' said Cronus as I yawned and closed my eyes. And as I felt myself drift off to sleep, I was suddenly pulled into Artemis's head and I saw Cronus there as well. 'We made it! Now, can you see Artemis anywhere? I can sense her but I can't see her...' said Cronus. Then I heard Artemis scream. I turned around and saw Artemis in one of her memories. I could see another man holding Artemis down and he bit her throat which made Artemis scream louder. Rage flowed through me but suddenly Cronus put his hand on my shoulder. 'The spell...we have to find it' said Cronus. I nodded, knowing he was right. It was a memory. I turned back to Cronus and he chanted something and suddenly Artemis's memory disappeared and a large golden cage appeared. In it, was Artemis in her human form. Her head shot up and as soon as she saw me, she ran over to the bars of the cage. 'Marcus!!!' cried Artemis. 'Artemis?!' I asked with a big smile. 'I remember you Marcus!! I'm your mate!!! Your truemate!!!!' cried Artemis as she fell to her knees. I fell to my knees on the other side of the cage and I slipped my hands through the bars and I wrapped a hand around Artemis's waist and the other around her shoulders. 'Artemis! We're here to free you! We just need to undo the spell!!' I soothed and her crying slowed a little.

'Please! I hated Caleb for hurting me! I don't want to go back to that!!' cried Artemis. 'I'll make him pay I promise!!!' I growled and Artemis smiled and slipped her arm through the bars of the cage and stroked my cheek. 'I've almost finished undoing the first part of the spell! Another four to go!' smiled Cronus. 'I can help!' said Artemis as she stood up and walked over in front of Cronus. 'How!? You're not a shadow dragon!! Only shadow dragons can.....' said Cronus but stopped as Artemis suddenly glowed and transformed into her dragon form. His jaw hit the ground and he looked at me. 'Did you know!?' asked Cronus. 'Yes! But that isn't all she can do!' I smiled as I crossed my arms over my chest. She transformed back into her human form and put her hands on Cronus's and closed her eyes. Cronus closed his eyes and they both began to chant and unravel the spell. But suddenly smaller spells started appearing and transforming into gremlins.

I had to protect them from the gremlins!

(Artemis POV)

Cronus and I both felt the next two parts of the spell unravel and we start on the fourth. We were both sweating out of exhaustion. Then the fourth unravelled and I smiled. We were so close! 1 part to go, but this was the hardest one. I could feel magic building up in me and flowing into the spell Cronus and I were chanting. We were half way when we both knew that a gremlin had gotten past Marcus and suddenly Cronus pulled away and punched it. I kept chanting. It was twice as hard chanting the spell with just me doing it. 'Your almost there Artemis! Keep going! Marcus and I will keep the gremlins back!' yelled Cronus and I nodded and kept chanting.

(Marcus POV)

I could feel Artemis's magic growing inside her as I fought the gremlins off. I looked at Cronus and he nodded. She was almost there. The suddenly the gremlins all shifted into the one huge monster. Then suddenly Artemis shouted the last sentence of the spell and there was an almighty flash of light. Cronus and I covered our eyes as the light burnt the monster into nothing. Then suddenly all three of us woke up at once. Artemis was sitting up on the bed looking at her hands. I sat up and wrapped my arms around her waist and snuggled my face into the nape of her throat. She leaned her head back and smiled. 'I'm going to go and deal with those men!' laughed Cronus awkwardly then he disappeared out of the room.

(Artemis POV)

Then suddenly the baby dragon climbed onto my chest. 'Mummy!!!! I'm hungry!!!!' said the baby dragon. I smiled and Marcus snorted happily. 'You'll get your turn. Don't worry...' I smiled as Marcus pulled back. Then suddenly I was lying on my back with Marcus hovering above me. 'I have been waiting to see you again for a year.....' growled Marcus as he lowered his mouth onto my throat. I moaned but suddenly the baby dragon was on my chest hissing at Marcus. I felt pleasure swirl through my body as both of their life essence's flowed into me. 'It's ok Santiago. Marcus is your father' I smiled and Santiago looked back into my eyes. 'Is that my name?' asked Santiago. I nodded and Santiago squealed in happiness. Marcus had a big smile on his face as he scratched under Santiago's chin. Santiago purred like a kitten. 'I can teach you a couple of things I know if you'd like?' smiled Marcus to me as he kept scratching Santiago's chin. 'Sure! But what about those men?' I asked looking at Santiago with a smile. 'No! They've been dealt with. You'll be fine with me around...' smiled Marcus. I sat up and Santiago stood on the bed. 'What about me!?' asked Santiago with a pleading look. 'Oh! Don't look at me like that! Now I feel really bad!' I smiled. 'You can come!' laughed Marcus looking at me.

I blushed and spread my arms.

(Marcus POV)

Artemis transformed into her dragon form and I licked my lips. Then I transformed too and Santiago climbed onto Artemis's back. I then opened the doors to outside in the back of the room and I flew out.

(Artemis POV)

I wanted to tell him that I hadn't flown before. But I felt like I would embarrass Marcus. 'You can do it Mummy!!! I believe in you!!!' giggled Santiago reading my mind. I walked up to the doors and I could see Marcus flying on the wind. I then jumped out of the window and spread my wings. Wind rushed under me and sent me flying high into the air. This was quite easy! I flapped my wings and I flew higher and higher. I flew so high that I was looking down onto Marcus and he couldn't see me. I smiled and tucked my wings in as I dived down towards him. He had stopped and was looking around for me. And just as we were almost about to crash into each other, I pulled up. Scaring the hell out of Marcus. I roared in delight and Marcus snorted and chased after me. The funny thing though, was that he had more flying experience than me. But I flew so much better than him and faster. Marcus then caught an updraft and that propelled him faster towards me. Then I heard Marcus roar as he caught up beside me. I roared in delight and saw a waterfall up ahead.

I tucked my wings and dived again and Marcus followed my lead. I opened my wings again and I landed on the cliff face next to the water fall. Marcus landed on the other side. Santiago climbed off my back and I transformed into my human form. Santiago then climbed onto my back again and Marcus transformed as well. Then something caught my eye. I looked over next to me and saw a stone with carvings on it. I knelt beside it and suddenly Marcus was kneeling down beside me. 'This is a supposed door to a secret cave behind the water fall, but no one has ever figured out how to open it' said Marcus putting his hand in mine. I smiled and looked at him. Then Marcus brought his lips down onto mine and I felt electricity wrap around us both. Then suddenly there was a rumbling noise. We stood up quickly and saw the stone shift and stairs appeared under it. 'You opened it!' said Marcus. 'We opened it!!!' I laughed. I took Marcus's hand in mine and we started running down the stairs and as we ran down, the stone moved back into its original spot.

When we got to the bottom, it was flat and dark. 'I wonder if there is any light' I said. Then suddenly the room started to glow a blue colour. I walked over to a wall and saw the same sort of inscriptions in the wall but they were glowing and producing the light. Santiago climbed off my back and started to explore. I followed the wall until it came to a pool of water. Santiago jumped in and squealed. 'It's nice and cold!!!' laughed Santiago.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610 8 28
A wolf pup wakes up in a forest all alone with no.memories when she suddenly gets a vision causing her to meet a mysterous wolf named Idex. He takes...
501K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
4 2 1
A story of a young adventurer who was suddenly accompanied by an unknown god.
4.1K 232 13
Death Secluded Meticulous These are the few words that are used to describe the cold and detached wolf. The shifter not prone to being a stranger...