Book One: Second Chance

By SoaringSpirit

Amethyst was kidnapped the night before her fifteenth birthday, since that night till after her eighteenth bi... More

Book One: Second Chance
Prologue
Chapter One: The Special Six
Chapter Two: Pick and Choose
Chapter Three: Submission
Chapter Four: Embarrassment
Chapter Five: Tough Life
Chapter Six: Unknown Pack
Chapter Seven: Rescued
Chapter Eight: Sweat and Blood
Chapter Nine: First Kill
Chapter Ten: Damage Control Stage
Chapter Eleven: Check Up
Chapter Twelve: Meeting Other Ex-Prisoners
Chapter Thirteen: Play Time
Chapter Fourteen: Sweet News
Chapter Fifteen: Sympathy
Chapter Seventeen: Reunion and Confusion
Chapter Eighteen: So Much Hatred
Chapter Nineteen: New Friends and Old Ones
Chapter Twenty: The Stars
Chapter Twenty-One: A New Home
Chapter Twenty-Two: Fixing One Wrong
Chapter Twenty-Three: Loud Music plus Drinks
Chapter Twenty-Four: Congratulations are in Order
Chapter Twenty-Five: Impatience
Chapter Twenty-Six: Tale of a Survivor
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Welcome to the Pack
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Deal Making
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Goodbyes
Chapter Thirty: A Really Good Game
**Author's Note** (Novella's)
**Author's Note** (Book Two)
Bonus Story: Tessa's First Night with Quinn

Chapter Sixteen: The Run Home

343 11 0
By SoaringSpirit

We’ve been running since the first ray of sunshine showed itself upon the horizon, Alpha Reid wanted to get there within a day so we left early hopping to reach the camp by afternoon. But with the way Drew is going I don’t know if we’re going to make that timeline.

We’re about half way at the moment, just relaxing beside a stream.

Tessa and I sit at the edge of the water but a bit away from the group not really wanting to be near them. But Tessa doesn’t want to be near Drew, she’s scared and we’ve all accepted that. Even Drew. But her brothers are getting more and more angry as the hours stretch on, because they don’t want to see their best friend lose himself. They haven’t said anything, which is good. Because I think Tessa is hating herself enough as it is, but she’s too scared to let him come near her. Which I don’t blame her for.

Alpha Reid and his mate Leah sit under the trees in the shade, just quietly observing everyone  and keeping an ear out for any Rogues or Hunters. Leah leans against her mate watching her daughter with a sad lost expression on her face, ever since we’ve been bad she doesn’t know what to do. She doesn’t know how to help her daughter. Alpha Reid just sits there with his eyes closed, while his mate watches Tessa then moves over to the three boys.

Nate and Trick sit on a flat rock with Drew stretched out between them, his big wolf head resting on the rough surface his brown eyes closed as he rests. Even in his wolf form I can see that he’s exhausted, his brown coat doesn’t have a shine to it which everyone else’s does, when he opens his brown eyes they are just hallow orbs staring off into nothing at times, other times looking longingly at Tessa from afar and he’s wobbly on his legs. But he still wanted to come, which is what I don’t get.

Tommy sits under a tree not far from Tessa and I, ever since I was introduced to him and his friends, I would go and talk to them at times, and they were like my second group. My group of brothers while Tessa and the girls; Rosalind, Silvy, Nevada and Odessa were my sisters. But since leaving them Tommy has stayed close to Tess and I. But neither of us mind, it’s nice to have his company.

Sebastian, the Guard my wolf saved on the run to The Copper Eyes Pack stands tall about five feet from me, his head moving in all directions, his green eyes taking in everything that’s happening around us at one time. Ever since we left this morning, he’s been close to me, Tessa and Tommy. Never letting any of us out of his sights.

I’ll admit Sebastian is a nice young male. My wolf speaks up for the first time today.

What do you mean? I question as I cast a quick glance in his direction.

He wasn’t afraid to thank you for saving him, most male wolves won’t say anything, but he’s also been right beside use since we left camp this morning. She explains.

My wolf brows knit together in confusion. I still don’t get what you mean.

She sighs heavily before replying to me, her voice holding a slight tone of frustration. He’s protecting you because he feels he owes you for saving him…

Ooh… I breathe out as I look toward Sebastian. My eyes flick to his side as I take in the scars from his fight with the wolf to save me. I thought wolves heal quickly. I say as I study each of the claws marks that leave slashes down his side and his fur parted.

We do. But I get a feeling that he’s able to focus on what he wishes to heal faster than others. See how the first one is fading faster than the rest? She asks, I look at the firs scar to see that it is only a pink line, the pink now fading to nothing as the next scar start to fade.

How is he able to do that? I ask as I continue to watch.

He’s an –. She starts to say but is interrupted by Sean, Jack and Reece emerging through the trees.

Alpha Reid stands up, his mate following suit. He growls softly catching everyone’s attention, then he gestures with his head that it’s time for us to continue.

Tessa and I move up into a stand position, my slightly talker than her. Tommy moves over closer to us, Sebastian stays behind us as he watches our backs. Nate and Trick stand up both watching Drew as he slowly pushes himself up off the rock.

The Alpha turns and heads off through the trees at an easy trot, with us following shortly behind. We take our time as we move through the forest the Guard being extra vigilant because we are moving through no one’s Territory.

Rogue Territory is more appropriate. My wolf says as she enhances our hearing more.

I can hear the light wind sifting through each individual leaf, small different animals running along the ground as they move away from us, birds up in the treetops and flying overhead. I can hear the stream we just left as the water trickles between the rocks as we move further away with each stride.

How did you do that? I ask thrilled as I listen to the pounding of our paws on the ground, our breathing as we continue forward.

It’s one of our abilities. My wolf says as she paces back and forth. May I have some of the reins? She asks.

I shrug my shoulders to no one in particular. Sure.

She moves forward sharing the easy trot with me as she relishes the moment.

We’ve been running for a good hour and a half now, after an hour of easy trotting the Alpha changed the pace. Drew has managed to keep up but I get the feeling that it’s his wolf that’s running along with us and not really him.

I look to the left as I hear more pounding footsteps heading toward us. The smell of a Territory assaults my nose as we slow down to walk then finally stop. Alpha Reid waits out the front as a group of four wolves pass between the trees and stops in front of us. Studying us quietly.

Alpha Reid lifts his head and growls lowly at the four wolves, instantly the lower their heads in Submission and turn to lead the way through the trees to the camp up a head.

We’re home. My wolf thinks to me as we trot through the undergrowth, leaves crunching under foot.

This is Silver Eyes? I question as I peer around the place.

Yes. She says as we stop at a small building hidden within the trees.

The four wolves shift and walk into the building, coming out a few seconds later wearing a pair of shorts each. “There are some clothes in there if you need them.” One of the Silver Eyes Guards says as he watches us.

Alpha Reid nods his head in thanks before going inside with Leah. Nate, Trick and Drew move in next the five of them re-emerging with clothes on. “Girls you go next, same as you Tommy.” Alpha Reid calls to us.

“Tommy.” One of the Silver Eyes Guards says as he looks over to the three of us.

Tommy silently moves closer, his nose twitching as he breathes in different scents. He stops ten feet from the guy who said his name just staring at him with Smokey Grey eyes. He sits back on his hackles after a few seconds his head cocked to the side.

“Tommy.” The guy repeats the name again, softly. “Is that really you?” He reaches out a hand slowly.

Tommy flinches back but quickly realises that the guy isn’t going to hurt him. He shifts forward of his hackles so that the guy is closer. Breathing in a again something crosses Tommy’s face before a wolfish smile crosses his face, his tongue lolls out and he jumps at the guy making him fall backwards onto the ground.

Tommy starts to lick the guys face as the guy laughs. “You’re really back.” He says as Tommy stops licking his face and moves back. The guy gets up and stares at Tommy tears streaming down his face. “I thought I’d lost you forever. “ He sobs as he moved over to Tommy throwing his arms around the wolf’s neck. “I’m so glad your back. Now I’m not on my own anymore.”

Tommy stiffens and the guys steps back after feeling this, he wipes a hand across his face, looking at Tommy. But then more tears spill down his face.

“Mum and Dad are gone Tommy.” He says as he looks at the three Guards near him. “I’m sorry.” He whispers turning back to Tommy. With that he turns and walks away, disappearing into the trees.

Tommy stands to go after him but the other guys step in front. “Give him some time.” One of them says.

Tommy looks toward me helplessly. Then he moves into the building his head hung low. Tessa and I follow after him. Inside the building is six chests of clothes. Three for males of different sizes and three for females each labelled with a different size range.

I dig through the chest that would fit me after shifting back, finding a black dress I throw it on over the top of the underwear that I got out of the new packet. I make sure that the dress covers the worse of my scars before turning to Tommy and Tessa. Both of them checking themselves making sure that the scars can’t be seen, Tessa wears a green and white dress, not caring whether it suits or not; while Tommy wears shorts and a shirt he managed to dig up.

It’s weird. Werewolves can heal fast, yet everyone who was a prisoner at The Blood Eyes Pack has scars that won’t fade away. How is that possible? I ask my wolf as the three of us moves out of the house, Sebastian, Sean, Jack and Reece moving in to change.

You got the scars before mating. They won’t leave. But they were not treated properly either. She informs me as the three of us huddle together near Alpha Reid and Leah. But with enough distance between us that we feel safe.

The four Guards’ emerge from the building wearing shorts. Sebastian instantly moves over to stand near Tess, Tommy and I. Alpha Reid raises an eyebrow curiously, while Nate and Trick just watch glaring at him as he stands near us. We move over to him including him in the group as we all move off through the trees toward the main camp area.

It’s nice to have someone like Sebastian that we can feel completely relaxed around, for Tess and I it would have been her brothers and Drew but since finding out the Drew is her mate it’s been awkward for us to be around them. So we’ve adopted Tommy and Sebastian into our little group.

But for how much longer? I think as we clear the trees and buildings come into view. How long will our little group be together for?

Up ahead all the members of The Silver Eyes Pack stands in a group as some – I’m guessing the Alpha – talks to them about different things that will be happening around this place, as well as things that have already taken place.

That’s a lot of werewolves… I think as I take in the huge crowd, all ranging from elderly people right down to babies. Well I guess I’m home. But do I really want to be? I ask as I grab Sebastian’s arm hugging it to me.

                                                               *  *  *  *  *  *

Well... That's Chapter Sixteen.

Pleeaase let me know what yer all think via COMMENT/VOTE and FAN.

Question Time:

What do you think happened to Tommy and his brother's parents?

Let me know what you think happened and I'll dedicate the next chapter to you. But that will not give away what happened..... That only works if I actually knew what happened to them.

Haha. Post me some ideas and I'll see what I will do.

Anywho. Byezzz.

SoaringSpirit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...
7.5M 273K 37
They say opposites attract. But what happens when a rogue and an Alpha who both crave chaos end up being mates? It seems like Moon Goddess has made h...
374K 14.6K 25
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...