The Silent Storm. [✔]

By sashabwrites

He's ruthless. He's powerful. He's demanding. He's in pain. Twenty-six year old African-American journalist V... More

The Silent Storm❌
Chapter One❌
Chapter Two❌
Chapter Three❌
Chapter Five❌
Chapter Six ❌
Chapter Seven (Part 1) ❌
Chapter Seven (Part 2) ❌
Chapter Eight ❌
Chapter Nine ❌
Chapter Ten ❌
Chapter Eleven ❌
Chapter Twelve ❌
Q/A (For Fun)
The Interview(For Fun)
Chapter Thirteen ❌
Chapter Fourteen ❌
Authors Note.
Chapter Fifteen ❌
Chapter Sixteen ❌
Chapter Seventeen ❌
Chapter Eighteen ❌
The End :)

Chapter Four ❌

26.2K 1K 398
By sashabwrites

The view of Rome^

Unedited

Shades of Betrayal.

~Paradise is not a place, it's a state of mind~

|1st|

Woah.

My room was pretty cool and it was only a double standard. Just imagine the Presidential suite...now that would be the shit.

Is it wrong that I'm already exhausted and I technically had a good nights rest? Ugh.

I kicked off my wedges, took off my pants and lies in my bed with my shirt and panties embracing into the plush silk sheets I lie on. I took in a deep breath and turned my head ou the window to see a part of the city. Shock hadn't left my system yet. Maybe, until I leave I will be able to take it all in.

It was now around five p.m. and it was probably around eleven a.m. back home in D.C. most likely that Destiny and Veronica would be up now. My Toshiba laptop was inside my suitcase wrapped up in my clothes that cushioned it. I hooked my phone and laptop onto the wifi for my room and instant calls ,texts ,and emails came pouring in.

A little smile sneakily came on my lips reminding me that I'm not forgotten even though it's only been a day....trust me people often do forget my existence.

Before logging onto Skype, I checked my texts.

Paris: Gurrrllll hows Italy? I bet you havin fun getting dick and all but call me later bc I cnt text it all and I cnt call you cuz long distance be expensive!!

Ms.Dolores: Hi Victoria, I just wanted to check up on you on your vacation. Hope your enjoying the place. Rn I am in Fiji and you have got to check out this paradise also. We will chat later :)

Bryan: Missing you :(

Veronica: Could you plz skype Des NOW! Shes been buggin me to see u

In Veronica's text I could sense the attitude behind it and it fucking annoys the shit out of me. I proceeded on Skype and dialed them with my fingers crossed that Bryan wouldn't be there. What the fuck does he even miss?

"Aunty TORIII" Destiny's childish voice yelled from the other side of the screen. "Hi baby what's going on over there" I asked smiling at her.

"I'm good. Mommy's going to take me to the white house later" Destiny yelled out in excitement. "Wow that's amazing! but, remember you might see the President so you must be on your best behavior!".

Destiny nodded while saluting to me and I copied her move. "I-I captain" We said in union before erupting in laughter.

"C'mon Destiny! Get your bag we are leaving now" Veronica shouted coming over. "I have my bag right here ma, I am talking to Aunty Tori". Finally Mrs. Cooper was on the screen as she gave me an amused smile.

"Well hello there. How's Rome Victoria? Any man yet?" Veronica asked mockingly. My smile fell as I just stare back my sister. My mind went back to the attention I have received from everyone at the hotel...including the girl I met in the elevator Gigi Cappelli.

"Not yet actually I met some people and they seem very nice. Note I've only been here for only an hour".

Veronica looked taken back. "Well isn't that lovely. May I see your room and the view?". The smile found its way back. My room was spacious and overall perfect and don't get me started on the view of the amazing city. "Of course".

I picked my laptop off of the bed and faced it away from my body so I could give her access to the room. "What you see here is my bed" I said as I heard silence from the other line until Destiny went "Woah". Then I took her the remainder of my room including the bathroom which had both a bathtub and a glass shower.

After that I went out to my window where he dimly lit sky and the city lights were bright giving it a must see glow to it. I have to admit that I kinda felt good showing off to Veronica like that, it wasn't something apart of my nature but, a form of payback to all the times she did it to me.

"That's Italy? I WANNA GO THERE MOMMY!!" Destiny shouted excitedly.

Veronica had broken her silence when I turned my laptop facing me once again.

"Nice room and all. Couldn't your boss gotten you a suite instead" She snickered. "I didn't want one" I answered her in a monotone. She shrugged. "Time to go now. Destiny say bye to your Aunt. Talk o you later sissy".

As soon as Destiny said bye Veronica signed off not allowing me a chance to even say goodbye.

I really need to set my mind to myself. I'm in paradise physically but not mentally and I'm not going to let some sour note to give me a bad start. Tomorrow was a new day. Fresh start. I replied back to Ms.Dolores and called Paris since I was able to call through my teen mobile international calling plan and we talked for about an hour or so...

Bryan...ugh I couldn't even bother.

Around nine I went to bed. Yes, I know its quite early to be going to bed but I was tired.

Tired of the bullshit, tired of the same old games.

Tomorrow will be better.

~~~~~~

Never would I have thought that I have woken up with so much ease, I was contented with my sleep.

The sun was shining and peek through the crevices of my curtains with the clock saying 10:30 a.m. Yawning and stretching I found my slippers sliding them on and made my way to the windows opening them up releasing in the blinding sunshine.

As I regained back my vision after a second or two I looked outside. This is probably the tenth time I looked outside and I'm in love already. I strolled over to my bathroom where I took a shower, got dressed up in my white shorts that stopped before my knees and a simple turquoise blouse that had a cut out sleeve. I placed my hair in a high and perfect bun. The make-up I actually tried with my red lipstick, eye shadow, mascara, and some blush.

I got my purse and put away my personal items into the safe and left my hotel room.

~~~~~

For breakfast downstairs I had ordered an ham and cheese omelet.

Last time I've had one if those was a while ago and a hundred times better than Dunkin Donuts. The food and service was absolutely five star and I was loving it.

I gazed upon the map tour of the city I was suppose to attend in the next hour. The map was interesting and it gave background knowledge about certain sites. I took the final sip from my mimosa (orange juice and champagne).

"Would you like a refill miss?" The bartender lady I politely asked her. I gazed up at her nodding my head. She was really pretty and thick as hell! Damn I wish I had a body like that.

She also didn't have an Italian accent and spoke english like it was her first language. Before the lady could go on I stopped her. "I'm sorry but may I ask where are you from?". Not mean that there weren't any sistas in Italy.

She smiled. "I'm from New York City originally. I've been over in Rome for a little over a year now. Not too long. What about you?". "New York? Nice. And Washington D.C. is my hometown".

"Impressive. Are you someone famous that I should know about" She asked before taking a seat next to me. I could tell she was comfortable with me now.
"Nope just a regular average joe who's visiting for the first time".

"Well welcome to Rome. Sorry I didn't introduce myself. My name is Jennifer Jackson but everyone calls me Jenny" Jenny held our a hand for me to shake with a warm smile.

I returned the genuine smile and shook her hand. "Victoria Browning".

"Great. I hope you enjoy the tour of the city and..."."JENNY!" a male voice yelled.

We both snap our heads to the direction of the sound. I heard Jenny kiss her teeth and stand up. There was a caucasian man by the bar section on his phone.

"He's one of my main bosses. But we cool" She said rolling her eyes. "Main?".

"My main main boss is the owner of The Catalona chain. He lives in this very hotel. Lorenzo Catalona".

"Wow there must be some type of pressure of perfect to have the owner here 24/7" I said voicing out my true opinions. Jenny shrugged. "We barely see him but he isn't like an average owner. He's young, a bachelor, and a fucking sex God! Him and his cousin" She exclaimed closing her eyes as if fantasizing.

I chuckled at her audacity to think of her boss like that. "Well damn then".

"If you gotten the honor of meeting them trust me! Pusssy be poppin".

Oh gosh I think I found myself another Ms.Dolores in my life.

"My good friend Gigi who you have already met is his cousin also". Oh so she wasn't lying then..."Yes I remember her".

Before Jenny could respond the man by the bar called her once again but this time louder and said something in Italian real fast.

"Ugh Thomas is bothering me. I'll see you later then Miss Victoria" Jenny promised before going over to the man.

Thomas....sounds familiar.

~~~~~

|3rd|

Next day....

Gigi sat down on her cousins couch listening to Thomas and Lorenzo's conversation.

She was just there chillin and they happened to barge right in.

"Where's Marco? He's suppose to be here by now" Thomas ranted on as usual. Gigi swear that he needs some pussy and he would be chill again.

"Thomas it's only been three hours" Lorenzo replied blankly with no emotions on his face. Typical Lorenzo.

"Yes but Greece isn't that far away".

"Okay" She snorted as she glanced at my phone.

The sound of the door opening and closing alerted them that someone was in here.

The 6'5 Italian stallion came into view with the world's biggest smile to go with the Jesus like beard. Gigi sighed in exasperation.

"When are you going to cut that shit off?" Gigi yelled at her older brother. Marco made his way over to her engulfing her in a hug that nearly crushed her body. "My beloved sister how are you? That's all you say to after two months apart" He teased.

"Bitch we talk almost everyday get over yourself" She smirked.

"Marco nice to see you. But did you negotiate how much crates we will delivering" Lorenzo asked getting to business already.

Marco sighed. "Yes Renz I did. God, can I please just not talk about what happened. I missed you guys and I want to reconnect".

Thomas started to applaud and gave him a hug. Though Thomas isn't blood he is like family to the gang.

"That was great and we missed you man. Shit wasn't the same without you" He said. "Well Greece wasn't the same....I don't know I just get this weird vibe like something is going to change".

"What are you inferring to?" Lorenzo questioned curiously.

"Not sure it's something in my gut. I could be wrong" Marco said slouching down on the couch next to Gigi.

"I have a question" Gigi piped up earning the men's attention.

"Why are we speaking in english. There's no one around".

"She has a point" Thomas agreed.

Lorenzo shook his head as his phone rang. He picked up immediately. "Si?"

Gigi couldn't make out what was being said but she could tell Lorenzo was pissed as his features became.tense and his powerful demeanor became very intimidating. Though her brother Marco was huge he was like the friendly giant around friends and family. Lorenzo wasn't such an dark,ruthless person he is today but the way he carries himself is enough to tell people to move to the other side of the side walk.

"Fottuto bastardo" Lorenzo screamed throwing his phone to the wall smashing it into a million pieces.

"What went wrong" Marco asked getting down to business again. "One of us has betrayed my trust. That fucking micio" He ranted on.

"What's the punishment" Thomas asked with a smirk ready for action.

"I want Frank's head by tonight" Lorenzo said storming out of his room.

Frank had been one of Lorenzo most trusted men and it was extremely rare to earn his hard ole trust and to leak out information was equivalent to a bullet to the chest.

It was getting late and Frank was suppose to be out of town today. Thomas was on a little mission to find him while Lorenzo had time to think about the present and future.

He still owned the hotel and that was top priority. He made his way downstairs into the bar in the lobby.

While striding away he bumped into something which felt like nothing. Victoria had just came back from her Wine and food tasting tour. She was skyping Destiny she didn't even notice the man on the same path.

It was barely a bump more like a brush. She didn't even realize and continued on her way to the elevators.
Lorenzo had felt it as he stared intensely at the woman. God she was so beautiful.

He...Lorenzo Catalona was fascinated with her unique glow and aurora.

He had to know who she is....he just had too.

It was the first time in a while that his heart skipped a beat over anything.

He hadn't felt this sudden change since his first love...his first heartbreak that turned him into this beast.

Her name was Carmella.

Hello Readers apologize for the late update I really hope you like it even through I think it's shit.

Please read next chapter because that's when the real story begins. These first four was just an introduction basically.

This chapter is dedicated to Ladybugpinkz. Thanks for the votes and I love your story The Bosses Black Pet. Keep it up lol.

~Saslious

P.s. I will put up Lorenzo,Marco,Thomas,and Gigi's pics up next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.4K 5.7K 29
**AGE-GAP, MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE, BWWM ROMANCE** This story (Eternal #3) can be read without reading my other ones though they all exist within th...
1M 16.9K 65
[Semi Edited ] Previously Know As 'Adoration' Book One In The Russo Series "So fucking tight" he praised backing up looking at my body as he thumbs m...
69.6K 2.8K 22
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵? Amanda Lone was minding her business walking home from an 8-hour-s...
62.7K 1.4K 45
21 year old Victoria Moretti, is an assassin. She is an independent woman that doesn't rely on a man to do anything. She thinks they are a waste of t...