*Published* Accidental Babies...

By saiidah

*SAMPLE* Published on 27 Jan 2019, up on Amazon Jason Halloway had a hard time finding a nanny for his recent... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Harry's book is OUT!!!
Edited 2018
Ko-Fi
One Shot
Getting PUBLISHED
We're live
Chapters: Interactive Stories
Chapters: Special February Contest

Chapter 29

275K 8.5K 699
By saiidah

AN: hi guys. This is the last chapter of this sample. If you want to know what's next, please buy the book. It's on Amazon now, both in paperback and ebook version.

----@@@----

April was enjoying spending time with Sharon at the event. Which was surprising since the last time they'd spent time together, April had barely been able to find the strength from strangling the woman. But, as she'd found out, without any plans or agenda, Sharon reverted to how she was when they'd first met. It was refreshing. Amelia wasn't able to join them then because she'd promised to help Harry with the clothes, makeup and hair of those being auctioned.

April was finding her first event more bearable than she'd expected. The food was delicious, despite being in bite-sized pieces. She had to refrain from chasing after every server she saw. It was that good. The music was also a mix of classic and indie. The eclectic mix was surprisingly enjoyable on the ears.

However, she could have done without everything else. Every time Sharon brought her around the room and introduced her to people, some who could possibly be beneficial contacts to Jason, April was met with cold stares and a flurry of whispered conversations once she left. It was infuriating and disgusting.

These were the people who were in charge of the Fortune 500 companies? People who were in charge of innovation and creativity that would power their country and future? Surely not. Who would've thought they'd give soo much credence to hearsay? And blatantly false ones at that.

Even so, there was a silver lining. She didn't care about their opinions. It gave her a sense of peace to realise that. She wasn't fretting over making a great impression. A good impression was all she could muster and, surprisingly, she was fine with that. She was still representing Jason but didn't allow it to get to her head. And she was having a good time. A fun time in fact.

Just as Jason had ordered in the car. That and 'Forget about all the cameras'. She believed they went past the cameras in record time. He'd barely paused to greet Cameron and Sharon. Just a Bro hug between him and Cameron while she scarcely had the opportunity to do get her arm around Sharon. It had felt good to give the press a proverbial middle finger. Barely acknowledging them.

Sighing contentedly, she took a sip of her wine, eyes scanning the room and almost spat it out when she spied an elegantly clad figure that looked like someone who shouldn't be there. Blinking rapidly, hoping it wasn't true, hoping her mind was just conjuring her, her heart almost escaped her chest when her eyes confirmed what her heart wanted to deny.

What was she doing in Los Angeles? And, most importantly, who was taking care of her babies? Surely not her poor excuse of a nanny. April had suspicions on that woman's credentials. And while she may not be the person to spit on inexperience, the way that girl handled her babies proved her lack of interest in her job.

Her eyes followed Carrie as she greeted people warmly and the greeting returned with the same degree of welcome, some of whom had been especially cold to April. Apparently, the viper wasn't just feeding the press falsities. Her spread of influence was wider than she'd expected.

Placing her glass down on the tray of one of the roving servers and moving to follow her, she stopped short when her target entered an alcove. Using a plant and pillar as cover, she waited for her next move.

'What are you doing?'

Jumping slightly, April turned to the man and scowled, shushing him at the same time. His brows furrowed over his dark eyes and he repeated his question. Softly.

Deciding he wouldn't be leaving her alone anytime soon, her eyes moved to Carrie and back. She did it three more times, fairly giving herself a headache, but he was still clueless. Only his brows moved. It furrowed deeper. Sighing, she moved his face to where Carrie was. Finally he got it.

'What the heck is she doing here?'he exclaimed, only quieting down when she smacked his arm. Even while doing so, she was faintly surprised at her comfort with being around Harry. Their first meeting had been horrible but the ice she had had with regards to him had thawed during their second interaction. Turning worried eyes on her, he moved to assure her he hadn't invited that vulture but she just shook her head, knowing he hadn't.

'That's what I want to know too,'she said as the both of them watched her like a hawk. Their prey was conversing with an influential fashion mogul and having a great time. Resentment mixed with her worry. Why did she get to have a wonderful time with those people who had done their best to make April almost regret their trip to LA? Did she have an ulterior motive for being there? Like further blacken April's name? And, most importantly, who was taking care of her babies?

It was getting boring, watching her talk and flit around different group. And April's back was hurting from stooping over soo often. Finally, deciding not to waste any more of her time on that witch, she was about to tell Harry to let it go when their target received a phone call that mustn't have been favourable. She stomped out with a thunderous scowl on her face.

Without discussing, they discreetly followed her. Discreet meaning they acted as if they were talking or Harry was pointing out notable guests to her. Once they reached a deserted hallway, they dropped all pretense and being sneaky enough so as to make sure Carrie didn't know about them.

Again, it looked like a dead end. The viper was just traversing halls after halls with no apparent end in sight. Hoping their snooping would garner some favourable leverage, April persevered and Harry had to come along for her safety. He protested often but she always shushed him.

'What the hell are you doing here?'a male voice suddenly said when their enemy stopped in front of an open door. From the sound of it, the door most probably led to the outdoors.

'I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just here to network. You know how important that is for me to get a job,'Carrie replied insolently, looking at her nails. Grimacing slightly when she noticed a chip. 'And why did I have to meet you here? My manicure is ruined.'

'Are you sure it's just to network? Or is it to keep an eye on your baby daddy?'he mocked. April frowned. That voice sounded very familiar. She'd already placed him in the office along the empty hallway when she'd gone to think. But he really did remind her of someone. A person she'd been in contact with.

'What does it matter if I did? I don't want to sit at the penthouse, listening to his brats cry while he's having fun with that troll.'

Brats? Did she even want her babies? And they were crying? That bitch wasn't doing anything to comfort them? How dare she? Anger flaring up, April almost confronted her but Harry held her back with one hand around her shoulder. While the other was holding up his phone. Why was his phone out-

He was recording the entire exchange! Delight replacing anger, she berated herself for not thinking about that. What kind of 21st century woman was she?

'That's not part of the plan,'the man said, fury thrumming through his voice. April shifted, trying to get a glimpse of the man but all she saw was an alleyway with some lights shining in it. Frustration mounted. 'You're supposed to show what a loving mother you are. And you can't do that miles away from those brats. If someone takes a photo of you here, during your first weekend with them, no judge will ever believe you ever again.'

'Alright, alright. I'll leave. And, no, no photo was taken. Harry enforces a strict no-photograph policy during his events. So we're safe,'she sneered at the still hidden man, stepping out of the door. Putting her nose up, she sashayed past the man, moving under a lighy.

'What did I even see in that bitch?'the man sighed as he followed her. And, although they couldn't see his face, they now knew he had blonde hair.

------@@@-------

'Hey, where've you been?'Jason asked as April slipped into the seat beside him. She pressed a kiss on his lips and sent him a bubbly smile. Startled by her unexpected exuberance, but welcoming it with a warm smile, he laced their hands together. 'That's unexpected.'

'Well, I may, or may not, have found something against Carrie,'she whispered with a giggle. Still not understanding, he sent a puzzled smile her way. Barely able to contain her excitement, she squeezed his hand and was about to answer when the emcee announced the auction was about to start. 'I'll tell you later.'

'You guys have soo done it,'Sharon suddenly stated from across the table. They both just looked at her. Jason understood what she meant but this topic wasn't usually brought up at such functions. So he was slightly lost in how to respond. 'I mean, you guys are soo touchy-feely. And April initiated the kiss. You must've crossed some boundary that makes her more comfortable around you.'

'And why are you talking about this now?'April asked with furrowed brows, her eyes darting around. Clearly she was as uncomfortable with the topic at hand as he.

'Because you kissed.' At April's disbelieving stare, she huffed. 'It just came out, alright? I was in in a state of shock. Humor me.'

'Fine,'April sighed, rolling her eyes. Jason was, again, glad that April had found some female companions. He knew she was lacking in friends and taking care of the twins weren't exactly assisting her in the friend-making department. So he saw Sharon and Amelia as a start. Hopefully, she'd widen her circle of friends soon enough. But not with those who had a working penis.

'So, what did him in? Was it the lingerie?'Sharon hissed, attempting to be circumspect. Attempting being the key word.

'Babe,'Cameron reprimanded with a laugh. Her response was a slight shrug.

'Maybe. But we should soo go lingerie shopping again,'April said with a cheeky smile. Laughing when Jason called her name in a scandalous manner. She had, clearly, been influenced by his cousin-in-law. 'What? Don't tell me you don't want me to.'

'Wh-yes but I thought you don't like to talk about this IN PUBLIC,'he whispered, flabbergasted. With a soft smile, she just pressed a kiss on his cheek. Distracted by the kiss, he was unprepared for her next words.

'I am but teasing you is soo much more fun. Plus, I'm wearing the red one right now,'she whispered softly. Soft enough that only he would hear. His little guy down south immediately stood to attention.

'I'm not going to survive this night,'he groaned, pulling her closer to his side. Laughing at his misery, she rested her head on his chest.

'Sorry. I was held up at the back of the stage. One of the auctionees threw herself at me,'Harry said as he sat down, along with Amelia and Scott.

'Yeah. It was soo funny,'Amelia added with a snort followed with a laugh. To Sharon, who was looking all curious, she said,'I'll tell you later.'

'And I'll tell you what I found out later,'Sharon returned excitedly, becoming silent when Harry shushed them.

Jason studied his cousin, curiously. He looked quite nervous. And his eyes continually darted to the stage, only to look away when someone was introduced. Jason hadn't studied any of those being auctioned because he wasn't going to bid on anyone. But, from his cousin's actions, maybe he'd have to make an exception.

Finally, the last female auctionee came up. She was petite and slim. Blonde. He was too far away to determine her eye color but Jason believed it was in the green family. Clad in a soft pink, sleeveless gown, she looked quite presentable. Pretty even. And she looked very reluctant to be there. Her hands came together before her, her body practically thrumming with tension. Her head was bowed slightly, barely making any eye contact. And the only eye contact she made caused her to blush redder than a tomato.

The recipient of the eye contact was no other than Harry.

Jason found it intriguing that Harry was intensely focused on this one individual. He'd hardly paid attention, much less close attention, to the previous women. For this woman, however, he appeared to be anxiously scanning the room. As if waiting for something.

There was a moment of silence after the introduction was done. The emcee was waiting for someone to offer a bid. Jason saw her share a look with the closed-off auctionee and concluded they were friends. Probably the auctionee had been roped into doing it by her friend, the emcee.

From his peripheral, Jason saw Harry's hands curled into themselves on his lap. His dark eyes were trained on the poor woman on stage. People were starting to talk, some women even snickering, at the lack of response. April was shooting glares at them, most likely wanting to reprimand them for their tactlessness.

Suddenly it hit Jason. Harry couldn't bid, or even start a bid. He's her employer and it wouldn't be appropriate. So, in the hopes of saving the woman and helping his cousin, Jason raised his hand.

'Ten thousand.'

His voice seemed to travel everywhere in the otherwise silent room. Then, it appeared like everyone turned to look at him. But he wasn't affected. He only cared about the woman in his arms and her opinion. And from her smile, she approved.

'T-ten thousand from Mr Halloway,'the emcee said, recovering well from her shock. The auctionee sent him a faint smile, full of gratefulness. He just returned her smile and kissed the back of April's hand, that was being laced with his. 'Any other bidders? Ten thousand going once, going twice. Going thrice. And Mr Halloway gets Elena Hamilton for a full 24 hours. Now, Elena will join your table, Mr Halloway. We'll be starting on the men now. So, ladies, get ready your checkbooks.' The speed in which the emcee closed that bid, Jason surmised that she wanted her friend to be out of the limelight as soon as possible.

As Elena made her way to their table, Jason had a chance to glance over at his cousin. And knew he'd made the right choice.

--------@@@@@--------

After the auction, while everyone was in hurry to leave, probably going to another party or event, Jason and Harry was able to find a quiet spot. Just to take a breather. Enjoying the silence but ever watching over April, Jason was unprepared for Harry's question.

'So what's your plan for Elena?'Harry asked oh-so-casually.

'We talked about having a threesome when you were making your speech. Maybe include Cam and Sharon, once she's given birth. It'd be fun,'Jason answered with a barely suppressed smile at Harry's thunderous look. He enjoyed pulling his leg.

'This isn't part of the deal,'he fairly shouted, garnering some attention from the remaining people.

'Well, she consents to our plan. So I don't see how this can go wrong,'Jason further egged him on. Seeing his face turning red, almost to the point of explosion, Jason burst into laughter, leaning onto the wall for support. Once Harry realised he was being teased, he grumbled and shoved Jason's shoulder, almost toppling him. 'You should've seen your face.'

'Haha, very funny.'

'To answer your question, April and I suggested that she could come and babysit for us one of these days. After everything has been settled,'Jason revealed between laughter. 'Anyway, I made that bid for you.'

'Me? What are you talking about?' Harry looked guileless but his suddenly crossed arms told a different story.

'Oh yeah, her blush. Your tension. It's clear you guys are attracted to each other. This'll give you guys time to get to know each other. Maybe find out if she wants you for your money-'

'She doesn't know who I am. She's pretty much a homebody and doesn't read magazines. We met at the changing room and it just knocked me over. How much I want her,'Harry revealed hesitantly. His hands were busy, moving from his blazer pockets to his trouser pockets, his belt loop, folding his arms again. Jason had known him for years and this was a clear sign of nerves. And uncertainty. Harry uncertain of a woman's response to him? That was a first.

Jason raised his brow. Such instantaneous attraction was rare. And Harry had never looked soo vulnerable before. Not for the past decade or so. If this woman was able to evoke such a reaction, then Jason didn't feel so bad for meddling.

'This will be an excellent time then. April and I have to go. Our plane is leaving tonight so we'd get enough rest to deal with our babies tomorrow.' With a man-hug, he moved to collect April and leave but Harry latched on to his arm.

'Where's Elena then? Is she going with you?'

'I sent her to your room. Have fun getting to know each other,'he bade and tore his arms out of his grasp. With a jaunty wave and smile, he left his cousin staring after him, dumbfounded. And a new, disturbing realisation.

Having a hand in other people's lives was fun.

AN: Hi guys. Thanks for helping the previous chapter reach 200 votes. And here's the next one. How you like it.

I'd like to thank @KashamaBeaubrun for suggesting the name. As many of you may be thinking, yes! She's Harry's future. But we'll talk about that next year. Maybe. Or later.

Thanks :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
39.3K 1K 45
Book #1 He's a hot, arrogant and a CEO with a jawline that could cut DIAMONDS!!💎 She's stunning, smart, and funny, but naive assistant. What happen...
385K 12.8K 46
"You have beautiful eyes, I'd love to be lost in them." He said with a soft smile on his face. "Has that line worked for every female?" "Maybe it h...