3000 Nights

By LiteraryMusician

▪▪▪ They spent 3000 nights watching each other from afar. Both plagued by a sense of longing towards the oth... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
••EPILOGUE••

17

4.1K 207 26
By LiteraryMusician

I dreamt of blue pools of ice, and sparks of fire licking at my skin.

I woke with my heart racing and my cheeks flushed.

It was him. He was making me feel this way.

But it was cold next to me.

He had left.

My heart sunk.

Of course he left. He didn't belong inside my house.

He was supposed to be in the woods, as a wolf.

I couldn't expect him to fight it for me. I could tell how uncomfortable he was last night.

But he still changed. For me... why?

I don't even know him.

And then I let him in my house and let him sleep in my bed. What was I thinking?

No, I did know him.

I knew his wolf. For 10 years.

But I didn't know this man.

That was what was confusing.

My obsession with this wolf just became even crazier.

He was actually a man. A full grown sexy as hell man.

What the heck was I supposed to do.

I sat under my covers soaking up the warmth of the heated blanket contemplating all of this.

Was I supposed to still be that weird girl who loved wolves?

I don't know. I had to stop. This was making me crazy.

He was making me crazy.

I couldn't take it anymore. I really couldn't.

I had to move on with my life.

I didn't even have any answers.

He just left in the middle of the night.

With nothing answered.

Will I ever even see him again?

Was it just a dream?

I don't know.

But I did know this obsession was starting to get unhealthy.

I'll probably never even see "Travis" again.

For all I know he only changes into a man once a year or something crazy like that.

So that would be an unrealistic relationship.

Actually... the relationship we had was already unrealistic.

A human girl and wolf, who turns into a man sometimes.

What in the hell was I thinking...?

I was thinking of how his wolf was so wild and beautiful and mysterious that I couldn't help but be fascinated by him.

And Travis... Travis was definitely the most gorgeous man I had ever met.

He's tall. Muscular. And my God, his eyes.

His eyes as a wolf were spellbinding, but as a man they were even more incredible, if that was even possible.

The stubble on his face made me want to rub my fingers all over it to feel how prickly and scruffy it was...

And hiw hair, his shaggy black hair, that hung around his angular face couldn't get any sexier.

It's exactly as I imagined it would be by the way his wolf's fur is... if I had ever actually imagined my wolf would turn into a man.

It was wild and long as a wolf, just like it was last night when I met Travis.

His touch was something I wasn't used to. My wolf was always cautious and never let me get too close. Whenever I touched him if feel this warm tingly sensation spread throughout my body... But when I got to hold Travis' hand or be flush up against him in my bed, with his arms around my waist... it was another feeling all together.

It was like nothing else mattered. His touch was the only thing I needed to survive.

It was hot and cold, and electric all at once. Like fireworks were exploding in my veins.

At first it was almost too much to so handle. At first I thought it was just a shock, or static.

But it never went away. Holding his hand through my house. Laying next to him in bed.

That rapturous state of bliss I felt when our skin was touching was something beyond incredible...

*ring ring*

Ugh.

*ring ring*

Nooo. Too early for speaking. I just wanted to continue daydreaming of Travis...

*ring ring*

I looked at the caller ID.

*ring ring*

Mia.

I sighed. "Uhh hello?" I said, still groggy from only being awake for a few minutes.

"Did I wake you?" She asked.

"No, no. I was getting up. Just laying in bed thinking." I replied.

"Your always thinking. You and your thoughts Krys. So whatcha thinking about?" Mia asked.

"Nothing in particular. Just about life and things." I lied.

"Sooo. What happened last night? When you guys left Dom came inside with a bloody nose and arm and was cursing up a storm. What the fúck happened with you two out there?"

"Well... he started to apologize for acting like a shíthead at the club, and then he tried to kiss me. So I punched him in the nose... and then he grabbed arm telling me I owed him favors for making people notice me or something, and he pulled me close and I swear I thought he'd rape me."

"But then what happened? How did he get that bloody arm?"

"Ohh. Well a wolf came out of the woods and tackled him off of me and bit his arm." I said simply, like it was no big deal.

"WHAT!!!???" She screamed.

I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Owww. Yeah that's what happened." I said.

"Where the fúck did the wolf come from? And why didn't it bite you? Do you think it knew you were being attacked and we're in danger? And was saving you? Shit. No. That can't be. Wolves can't decipher things like that."

I could tell Mia was confused by my explanation of my wolf saving me, but she didn't want to believe that a wolf could understand humans.

"Yes Mia. I do think the wolf knew I was being attacked. And that's why he attacked Dom, and not me. Because I tried to shoo him off of Dom and he just stopped and looked at me, and then ran back into the woods."

"Shit Krystal. That's fúcking crazy. I didn't think there were even wolves that far into town. That's scary as hell. Were you scared? I'd be shítting my pants. Oh my god."

"Yeah I was scared. I was scared of being raped Mia. I knew the wolf wasn't going to hurt me that moment he jumped out of the woo..."

I was cut off.

"Wait, how do you know it's a boy wolf?" She asked.

"I don't know. Um how do you know a baby is a boy or girl without looking at its privates? You just do. You can just tell. The wolf was exuding maleness and dominance. I just knew it was a boy." I said.

Mia was smarter than most people gave her credit for.

She could piece things together quicker than I could think sometimes.

"Huh. Well that's just weird. But okay, I think I know what you mean... Well anyways, Callum was telling me how Dom really likes you and was going to apologize to you last night, as well as try to make a move."

"Mia. Trying to kiss me when he's drunk and then trying to rape me is not how you show someone your interested in them... That's just proving that he's an asshole and all he cares about is sex. Plus Mia, I'm not cool enough for him. He only talks to me when he's drunk."

"Well Krys. I don't think your right about that last part... He was like hysterically crying when he came inside. It was weird. And he was spewing his emotions all over the place. Callum and I didn't know what to do. He wasn't just upset about getting beat up but he was upset because he hurt you and your feelings. He kept saying how he totally screwed up and how you'd really never like him now...and"

"Wait. What. Mia, hold on I'm getting another call."

I looked at my screen.

Dom Larson.

WHAT DA F?!?!?

"Krystal? Who is it? Hello?" I heard Mia call in the background as I just stared at my phone.

"Ummm.... yeah I'm here. It's Dom..." I said weakly ad I put the phone back to my ear and ignored the call.

"WHAT!? Dom is calling? Do you wanna answer?" She asked.

"No. No, I don't really want to talk to him. Let him stew in this emotional sadness you say he's aquired."

Mia giggled in the background. "Okay Krys. But your gonna drive this boy crazy. I don't think he ever thought he'd be falling for the dark mysteriously beautiful artsy loner." She said cheerfully.

"I don't think he has. But if he wants to apologize he can leave it on my voice mail So I don't ever have to talk to him." I said through gritted teeth.

I still couldn't believe he said all those things last night. What a crapbucket...

"Well girl. You're right. Let him grovel."

I would.

"So how's this new Callum business going? You two looked pretty cozy lasy night." I asked.

"WELL now that you ask! He's like amazing!! And soooooo cute!!!" She exaggerated. "So we talked allllll night and then he walked me home and he was all cute and asking if I wanted to go out to the movies and bowling or something tonight and then he kissed me goodnight and...." She just kept rambling on so I tuned her out.

I had listened to the important stuff anyway.

I let my mind wander to Travis and my wolf.

Well I guess they were really just one person.

So should I just call man and wolf Travis?

I guess... That seems right.

"...Krystal are you listening?" I heard Mia butt into my thoughts.

"Huh. What? Yeah." I said confused. No I wasn't listening.

"I asked if you'd want to come with us bowling tonight because that's what Dom is totally calling you about. Him and Callum started planning this double date thing and how it'd be cute but I thought they were joking until Callum walked me home and said he was serious. Anyways, will you come?" Mia asked.

"What? Are you serious? Why the hell would I give that jackáss a chance after the two times he's fúcked up? No. I don't think I will come Mia." I said angrily.

"Ugh please Krystal. I think Dom realllllyyyy likes you. And yeah maybe he really screwed up at first, but like he probably didn't mean to. He's new at this dating thing, you know? Maybe you should give him a chance. And he is the cutest guy in town..."

Not anymore I thought.

Not after I met Travis.

"...and I'm nervous to go on a date alone. So please give him a chance." She whined.

"Ugh I don't know Mia, we'll see." I replied.

"Okay, well call me later please?" She asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. I will." I sighed.

"Okay love ya!" I could hear her smile on the other end.

"I love you too." I said as happily as I could muster.

*click*

Ugh. What a whirlwind of information.

My God.

She thinks Dom actually has feelings for me?

That's crazy.

Oh... Right. Let me listen to that voice mail...

"Hey Krystal! It's me, Dom... uhmm Listen, I'm uhhh really really sorry about last night. I can obviously get really dumb when I get drunk. And say things I don't mean and do stupid things. And look, I know I acted like a shit head. And you probably never want to see me again. And I think I can understand why, but I really hope you'll give me a chance. I never expected to want someone as bad as I want you. But I do. I don't know why, but I can't get you out of my head. And I shouldn't be telling you this over the phone. I should be telling you this in person. I'm just sorry I've always acted like a dumb pick. I've never been interested in a girl like I am with you. I've always used girls and thrown them out like garbage.. but.. uhh... I don't wanna do that with you... Please give me a chance Krystal... Okay this is probably a really shitty, whiney voicemail, and uhmm... please call me back."

*click*

Well that was strange.

Well great.

Now I had Dom Larson trying to woo me or something.

Just great...

I decided since it was 11 am I should get up and get dressed and eat.

It was a typical freezing winter morning so I put on a pair of thick black leggings and a chunky purple sweater and headed downstairs to have some breakfast.

I decided to make eggs and bacon for my family and sipped some hot coffee while they were cooking on the stove.

I heard gravel crunching outside, signaling someone was driving up our driveway, and just as I was about to put food on the table, the doorbell rang.

What the...?

Who could that be?

I don't think my mom was expecting anyone.

I sure wasn't.

I put the food down and was about to sit as I heard my mom call from the front of the house.

"Hunny, you have a visitor!"

Huh.

"Who is it?" I called back.

I couldn't hear a response so I just walked through the house to see who was at the door.

"Oh, it's a cute boy here to visit you!" My mom chirped as she passed me to go into the kitchen.

I just gave her a strange look and walked to the front door.

And none other than...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 7.8K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...
1.1M 9.3K 10
Hayley's on the run from a stalker who's determined to make her pay. When she saves the life of the local Alpha, exposing her new location in the pro...
12.8K 671 11
Connor has always known that he has a true mate out there and that he is male. Even when nobody believed him, he defended his mate. Even when his fat...
230K 6.4K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...