Piano Man (Sequel to Isn't S...

By singtomesoftly

After Sarah and Harry's fairytale wedding becomes a nightmare, Sarah ends up raising her two children, Robby... More

Piano Man - Prologue
Piano Man - Chapter 1
Piano Man - Chapter 2
Piano Man - Chapter 3
Piano Man - Chapter 4
Piano Man - Chapter 5
Piano Man - Chapter 6
Piano Man - Chapter 7
Piano Man - Chapter 8
Piano Man - Chapter 10
Piano Man - Chapter 11
Piano Man - Chapter 12
Piano Man - Chapter 13
Piano Man - Chapter 14
Piano Man -Chapter 15
Piano Man - Chapter 16
Piano Man - Chapter 17
Piano Man - Chapter 18
Piano Man - Chapter 19
Piano Man - Chapter 20
Piano Man - Chapter 21
Piano Man - Chapter 22
Piano Man - Chapter 23
Piano Man - Chapter 24
Piano Man - Chapter 25
Piano Man - Chapter 26
Piano Man - Chapter 27
Piano Man - Chapter 28
Piano Man - Chapter 29
Epilogue

Piano Man - Chapter 9

3.2K 84 32
By singtomesoftly

“And then your mother threw the lamp and your father dodged it hitting our bandmate Zayn in the head” Liam laughed telling another story from my father’s past. They had a lot of crazy stories a lot of them had to do with my father’s cheekiness and my mother’s insecurities but either way just knowing that they were once in love made me feel better, it gave me hope that maybe if I could get them in the same room again then maybe I would have a real family. Not that my family isn’t a real family, I would just like to have a parent that is home more often and possibly have a brother and father that get along.

“Darcy has a good arm on her herself”  Niall chuckled. “ That’s what happened to our kitchen window”  I turned a slight shade of red embarassed of the fact that I had not been here very long but had already managed to break something. I actually didn’t mind working though because it meant more time with Noah and Ed is a great laid back boss.  I was actually excited to go back and get to talk to Ed more since he was the last person known to see my father. Although he didn’t seem to be very open about talking about it. I also wondered what happened for him to be in a wheelchair because Ed was in their movie  and back then he was running around with the rest of them, being ridiculous. The style back then was way weird.  I continued to nod and laugh along with the adults conversation, completely interested while the others  sat at the table in boredom, especially Robby I could tell that he was upset.

“Speaking of Zayn, when is he coming down?” Shawna asked and then took a sip of her tea.

“I called him after you called me” Liam explained. “He’s waiting for Nour to get out of school and then he said they’ll be here as soon as possible” he added. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, one then more member of One Direction was coming to help me find my dad.

“What about Louis?” Niall asked seeming a little hesitant.

“I called and it went to the machine right away, six times” Liam looked down at the table. “ He just needs time”

“ Is there any other stories I should know about?” I asked directing the conversation away from the awkward tension. Louis was the man that spoke on the news about my father, and apparently they were the closest. Why wouldn’t Louis not want to find my dad?

“I remember this one time when Louis and I took your mother out for a tour of London” Niall started to chuckle while the others looked at him intently probably not knowing the story either.

“We wanted to pull a prank on the guards knew that your mother wouldn’t be up for what we were thinking, so on the count of three we pants her and we all mooned them” Niall laughed hitting the table, while we all joined in chuckling slightly.

“Why was I never told of this!” Shawna jumped into the conversation. “My best friend  running around with my idols pancing people and she forgot to tell me” Shawna shook her head jokingly.

“Now your idol is your husband” Danielle added turning Shawna’s cheek red as she smiled towards Niall.

“That is very true.”

“Can I please be excused?” Robby asked causing an awkward silence at the table.

“I remember when you were a baby Robby” Danielle beamed. “ I was the first one to know you were Harry’s, other than your mom of course” she added. “Your father loved you very much. Every night before you went to bed he’d sing to you.” Robby rolled his eyes not wanting to hear it. I kicked him under the table to let him know that he needed to be respectful to not only his elders but his father’s old friends. I knew Robby didn’t want to find dad but could he not support me for a second? “What was the song?” Danielle furrowed her eyebrows.

“I don’t want to miss a thing” Shawna answered.  I don’t want to miss a thing...why did that sound so familiar?  I realised this was the song that my mom had sang to me when I was a baby and the song Robby sings everytime he is in the shower. I looked to Robby with my eyes almost bulging out of my sockets but before we could make eye contact he was up out of his seat and making his way to his bedroom.

“I’ll be back” I explained while getting up to chase after Robby. I didn’t want to fight with him this time. I wanted him to explain how he could hate my dad and how my mom could hate my dad but yet they constantly sing a song that he chose to sing to Robby every night. I knocked on the door to Robby’s room while peeking my head inside. “Robby... are you okay?”

“ You’ve got your wish Darc everyone is searching for dad, so can you please just leave me alone?” He rolled over on his bed pulling a pillow over top of his face.

“ I didn’t mean to upset you, I just thought if we got everyone to look for him then we could find him and then I could know why he left.”

“You don’t think I’ve tried looking for him?” Robby turned to face me. “ You didn’t have to grow up with all the rumours about your dad disappearing, you didn’t have the paparazzi swarming you for interviews constantly reminding you that your dad left. That your dad doesn’t give a single fuck about you” He furrowed his eyebrows upset and I could tell his eyes were starting to moisten.

“Robby, maybe dad didn’t have a choice in leaving.” I suggested remembering what the girl said about Ed being a kidnapper or murderer, not that he was but maybe there was some other force keeping our father away from us other than the simple fact that he wanted to leave us. What if he was a secret agent and had to leave on a mission last minute and to protect us all he couldn’t even tell us he was leaving little lone his whereabouts.  Or what if he was walking to the wedding and got lost and by the time he had gotten there everyone was gone and mom had moved to America. What if he had tried looking for us but mom did such a good job at hiding us away from him. What if it was my dad’s fault at all what if it were my mom’s. There are so many different scenarios that could be the reason why our dad left and until I got some explanations I wasn’t going to let go of any of them.

“You’re so naive Darcy” Robby smiled weakly but I could tell that the weak smile was full of all sorts of pain.

“I’m an optimist’ I corrected him giving him a smile.

“You always have been” He added and sat up next to me putting his arm around me. “I just don’t want to see my little sister get hurt like I did” he explained.

“Why don’t we all work together to find dad, with your previous  search for him and everyone else’s thought we are bound to find something. Maybe even an old address” I explained, thinking of how great it would be to even know my dad was alive.

“Darcy...” Robby sighed.

“What?” I rolled my eyes not needing another lecture from him.

“ There is no point in looking for him, trust me” Robby insisted but I couldn’t give up looking for my father, not yet.

“Why?” I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrow at him.

“Cause when I went looking for him...I found him” Robby explained. I looked at him in shock as my jaw dropped. I couldn’t believe Robby was just telling me this now.

“And?” I asked excited to know any fact of my father’s existence.

“ And he wants nothing do with us” Robby got up abruptly and stomped out of the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 6K 41
Laney always wondered where her life would take her after graduation, but what she didn't expect was to have her parents plan it for her. Her life ge...
13 0 1
Architect Harry Styles is in the midst of the project that will make or break his career, the same one that definitely broke his marriage. As he stru...
4.5K 76 9
During their hiatus Harry goes home to Holmes Chapel to visit the family and to cheer himself up. One day he decides to go to Manchester to see if so...
725K 15.4K 37
Amy a girl with a horrible past. To get away from her horrible past her and her family move to holmes chapel. Its a fresh start for her she can make...