Discovering Catwoman ▷ Stiles...

By margolynnturner

Jenna Felmore has had way more life altering experiences than she ever expected moving to the little town of... More

Chapter One >>
Chapter Two>>
Chapter Three >>
Chapter Four >>
Chapter Five>>
Chapter Six>>
Chapter Seven>>
Chapter Eight>>
Chapter Nine>>
Chapter Ten>>
Chapter Eleven>>
Chapter Twelve>>
Chapter Thirteen>>
Chapter Fourteen>>
Chapter Fifteen>>
Chapter Sixteen>>
Chapter Seventeen>>
Chapter Eighteen>>
Chapter Nineteen>>
Chapter Twenty>>
Chapter Twenty One>>
Chapter Twenty Two>>
Chapter Twenty Three>>
Chapter Twenty-Four>>
Chapter Twenty-Five>>
Chapter Twenty-Six>>
Chapter Twenty-Seven>>
Chapter Twenty-Nine>>
Chapter Thirty>>
Chapter Thirty-One>>
Chapter Thirty-Two>>
Chapter Thirty-Three>>
Chapter Thirty-Four>>
Chapter Thirty-Five>>
Chapter Thirty-Six>>
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Last Chapter
That's All Folks
Coming Back

Chapter Twenty-Eight>>

6.5K 224 35
By margolynnturner

"One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away."
―Stephen Hawking 

Chapter Twenty-Eight>>

Coming home that night was welcoming. After rushing over to Lydia's only to find her completely fine and strangely 'oblivious' as to what I was talking about (her being in distress) I managed to get back into my car and not fall asleep while driving. 

All I wanted to do was go to bed. But apparently life didn't want to work out that way. I stepped through the front door only to be greeted by Charlie and my father. Their arms crossed the exact way and a scowl etched into their lips. 

"Oh, boy." I muttered. 

"Oh, boy is right young lady. Where were you? You're grounded remember?" Dad asked in a gruff tone. 

I shrugged not meeting his eyes. "There was some stuff that happened at school that needed to be taken care of."

"Really? What kind of stuff?" Dad continued his arms uncrossing but his hands laying against his hips.

Again I refused to met his eyes. "My...uh, friend had a seizure, we took her to the hospital."

Dad's posture straightened up, surprise overcoming his features. "Oh, well I guess that's okay."

Charlie broke his stance next to Dad chuckling. "Okay, Dad, I think you can give it up now."

Now it was my turn to be confused. "Give up what?"

A grin slipped onto Dad's features. "You're not grounded anymore Jenna."

A huge sigh left my lips. "Thank goodness."

His hand reached into his pocket before pulling out my beloved. He slid the phone into my hand. "And there's your lifeline back."

I held it to my chest, grabbing out his flip phone and returning it. "Momma missed you."

"That is oddly creepy." My eyes snapped up to meet Dad's amused grin and Charlie's weirded out glance. "But now that that's over we can talk."

At the mention of staying up any later than I had to made a small headache throb behind my eyelids. "Can it wait until tomorrow, it really has been a long night and I'd just like to get some sleep."

They must have been able to see the exhaustion on my face because they nodded their heads shooing me up the stairs. Before I was all the way up I turned back leaning around the banister to see them. "Quick question--"

I didn't even have to finish before my Dad answered me. "Yes, that means you can sleep over at Stilinski's but I'm serious Jenna, no sex! Of any kind!"

Suddenly, energy pulsed through my body. "Yes sir!" I saluted before running up the steps. I quickly showered, threw on pajamas and grabbed my blanket, happy to be able to sleep next to Stiles again.

The lights were off in his room as I  pulled up the window crawling inside. The sound of his light snores drifted to my ears causing a grin to fall on my lips. The moonlight trickled in the bedroom, shining on his bed, casting a glow across his features. 

I say this all the time but how did I get so lucky. Not only is he incredibly cute, he's loyal, determined, and passionate about everything that he loves. He was perfect in his own little ways, even if no one else thought of him that way, I did.

Deciding that I'd Edward Cullen-ed him for long enough, I slowly make my way over to his bed. Luckily he was turned to the other side leaving just enough room for me to slip in. Tossing my blanket over top of us, I crawled under both covers, turning so my front faced his back. My arms wrapped around his waist pulling him towards me while my leg arched over his wrapping our feet together. 

It was only a couple seconds before I got a reaction. His lips smacked together, indicating his waking up, I tightened my hold on him causing his body to tense.

"Jenna?" He questioned in the darkness. His voice husky, sounding like smooth velvety honey falling off a spoon. 

"Hey, baby." I cooed cuddling closer.

He fully turned his body so our chests were against each other. "What are you doing here? Won't your Dad be mad?"

I smiled at him, running my hand over his small spikes. "I'm officially ungrounded."

A full blown smile erupted onto his face. "That's the best news I've heard all day."

"That's what I was thinking. Now, get to sleep Stilinski, we have school tomorrow." I cuddled up against him even more, yanking the covers tighter around us.

"Yes ma'am."

--

The next morning I woke up before Stiles did, as usual. Quickly, I left a note on his bedside table telling him I'd seem him at school, before I jumped back over to my room, grabbing clothes to change into. 

I slipped on a pair of black leggings, a maroon tank top with chevron diamonds across it, and a chestnut colored leather jacket. Finishing it off, I tugged on my light brown knee high riding boots. After my outfit was complete, I sat down and put on a tad bit if make up. Only the basics: Concealer, eyeliner, and mascara. My unruly mess of hair bothered me, so I stuck it up high in a bun pulling out some baby hairs to frame my face.

Deciding that I managed to look somewhat decent, I trudged down the stairs into the kitchen for breakfast. Charlie and Dad were all ready up. Dad was at the stove, making what looked to be waffles and Charlie sat on the island peeling an orange into the trash can. 

"Morning munchkin!" Charlie shouted tossing orange rind in my direction. 

"Morning to you too loser." I grumbled swatting away the flying fruit. Looking around I crossed my arms. "What's with the full breakfast?"

Dad didn't turn around to answer me. "Well, I had today off and Charlie wanted to talk about some things so I decided we could do it over breakfast."

I nodded understanding. "Okay. What did you have to tell me?"

Charlie shoved half the peeled orange into his mouth, juice dribbling down his chin. I shook my head, a smile floating on my lips. Reaching over I grabbed a paper towel handing it to him. "You are still such a messy eater!"

Wiping away the fruit he continued to give that charming grin. "Always."

He tossed the wet towel in the trash before meeting my gaze. "Now, onto serious matters. You remember when I talked about were-panthers?"

I nodded my head for him to continue. "Okay, well there's a little more that goes on. Most were-panthers are born in the pack but since Mom left to live with Dad we weren't. However, growing up in the pack makes transitioning much less painful and control a lot easier to learn. I know I haven't been here much but Dad says that you have pretty good control on your abilities, right?" 

Again I nodded. "As long as I'm around people that I love, I just think about no wanting to hurt them and the urges subside."

Charlie smiled. "That's good, very good actually. Now, to help you along better all of us, Dad, Grandpa, Grandma, and I think that it would be a good idea if you come live in the pack for a while to learn pack ways and to understand what it means to be a were-panther."

Happiness flooded into my heart. "Yeah, that's great. When do I go? For how long? We'll probably have to ask the school for a little vacation but as long as I get my homework it should be--"

"Jenna, that's the thing, it isn't a short trip."

The happiness building in my chest stopped. Worry filling its spot. "What do you mean?"

Charlie sighed running his hand across his face. "I mean, when you leave it isn't going to be a couple days or a couple weeks."

"How long?" My voice trembled. 

"At least a year, maybe more."

It felt as if he had taken my heart from my chest. "What are you talking about? We just moved here! I can't leave! I just started to make friends! I made captain of the lacrosse team." I turned towards my father who had been silent this whole time. "Dad, how can you say this is for the best?"

He shook his head. "Jenna, we know this isn't easy to understand. Believe me, I wasn't too keen on the idea myself but Charlie's right; you have to go. You need to understand where you come from and learn all the abilities that you are capable of now."

"But Daddy," Tears sprang to my eyes and I thanked myself for remembering waterproof makeup. "How can I leave everyone?"

He left his seat, wrapping his arms around me. "It'll be okay sweetheart. They'll understand. Stiles will understand. If he loves you, he'll want what's best for you and he'll know that this is it." We pulled apart. Dad brought his hand up to push away the stray hairs on my face, wiping away a tear that had escaped. "Besides it's not like you're never coming back."

I sniffled. "I know."

"We didn't think it would have happened this soon." Charlie added. "Since you'll be graduating when you turn eighteen, we planned to have you come out then to stay but since that bastard--"

"Language, son."

"No, bastard is right, even if he is a Hale. Since he started the process early we have to start now. It's easier if you learn right away instead of waiting until graduation." He ended coming beside us and wrapping himself into our family hug.

"Okay, I understand. When do we leave?"

"At the end of semester. So you have a few weeks." I nodded, understanding.

"Now," Charlie started. "what the hell is a Stiles and why does he love you?"

--

School was uneventful, which was slightly unusual for these days. I was now sitting in Deaton's office upon Scott's instructions to wait for someone to arrive. I kept asking who but he wouldn't tell me.

Finally, the engine of a car roared into the parking lot and people got out. 

"Hell no." I muttered grabbing my jacket, ready to leave. 

Scott grabbed my arm. "Jenna, you have to stay. We need someone else to help."

I ripped my arm away from him. "I don't want to be anywhere near them." I growled. 

"Aw, Jenna. That hurts my feelings." The sound of Isaac's smug voice echoed through the air. 

"Good," I spat. "I hope it rips away at you inside."

"Wow, harsh words." He commented but Scott stopped me from replying. 

"Derek, what is he doing here?"

"I need him." The alpha answered. 

"I don't trust him." Scott replied giving Isaac the stink eye.

Isaac grunted following Derek like a lost puppy. "Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either."

The older alpha growled under his breath. "You know what? Derek really doesn't care." He turned to Scott. "Now where's the vet? Is he going to help us or not?"

"That depends," Deaton interjected, "your friend Jackson, are we planning to kill him or save him?"

"Save him." "Kill him."

"Save him." I growled narrowing my eyes at Derek.

He rolled his eyes, letting out an irritated sigh. I turned back to Deaton, crossing my arms over my chest. "Save him."

"All right, come around." We followed the doctor around the corner into the lab station. He turns to the back of the room, grabbing a rack of some sort, and sitting it down in front of us. 

Isaac reaches out to touch the vials and I grab his hand. "Watch what you touch, idiot."

I let it go not even bothering to look at him. Deaton pulls up a vial and I see a smirk dawn on Isaac's mouth. "So, what are you? Some kind of witch?"

"No, I'm a veterinarian." He deadpanned. A snort bubbled in the back of my throat. "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

"We're open to suggestions." Derek mumbled. 

"What about an effective offense?" Isaac offered.

"We already tried." Derek shot it down. "I nearly took its head off and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up."

Deaton's eyebrows furrowed, surprise and confusion etching his features. "Has it shown any weakness?"

"One." I stated. "It can't swim."

"Does that go for Jackson as well?"

Again I snorted. "He's captain of the swim team."

Deaton nodded accepting the information. "Essentially, you're trying to catch two people." Deaton spins around fiddling with a drawer before pulling something out. He presents a coin in front of us. "A puppet, and a puppeteer." 

He lays the coin on the table continuing. "One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?"

"I don't think Jackson could do it." Scott proposed. "His mother died pregnant, too, and maybe she was murdered. I think he couldn't let that same thing happen to someone else."

"How do you know it's not part of the rules?" Isaac interrupted. "The Kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife then the baby dies, too"

"Does that mean your father was a murderer?" Great question Scott. Great question.

"Wouldn't surprise me if he was." I could almost feel the sadness in the truth of Isaac's statement and even if I was still very angry with him, my compassion won over. I rubbed my hand against the top of his back for comfort. 

I didn't dare look at him though, not wanting to see his reaction. After a few seconds I stopped returning my arms across my chest.

"Hold on," Deaton starts. "The book says they're bonded, right? What if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson but from the person controlling him? What if something that affects the Kanima also affects its master?"

"Meaning what?" Isaac questions still slightly confused.

"Meaning we can catch them. Both of them."

Not edited.

--

I've decided that I really want to finish out this book before the year is up. In regard to that I'm going to be posting everyday until New Years, maybe even twice somedays. But as a present to you guys and myself I decided it was a good idea. 

P.S. What do you guys think of the new cover. I made it at about 3:00 A.M. and I'm still trying to figure out if I like it or not. So, let me know: Old one or new one is better?

Love you all!

-Jenn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 43.8K 29
❝ I hate it. I hate not remembering. I want to. I want to remember what it was like to have something, someone! ❞ ❝ You do. You have me. ❞ Indi...
1.5K 53 11
(BOOK 2) After spending the entire summer together Andrea and stiles have gotten closer than ever. But what will happen when weird things start again...
2.5K 92 15
When a pack of crazed Alphas arrive in Beacon Hills, creating chaos, can Skylar and her friends stop them? Can the she-wolf save her twin? And best...
346K 12.2K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...