Piano Man (Sequel to Isn't S...

By singtomesoftly

After Sarah and Harry's fairytale wedding becomes a nightmare, Sarah ends up raising her two children, Robby... More

Piano Man - Prologue
Piano Man - Chapter 1
Piano Man - Chapter 2
Piano Man - Chapter 3
Piano Man - Chapter 4
Piano Man - Chapter 5
Piano Man - Chapter 6
Piano Man - Chapter 7
Piano Man - Chapter 9
Piano Man - Chapter 10
Piano Man - Chapter 11
Piano Man - Chapter 12
Piano Man - Chapter 13
Piano Man - Chapter 14
Piano Man -Chapter 15
Piano Man - Chapter 16
Piano Man - Chapter 17
Piano Man - Chapter 18
Piano Man - Chapter 19
Piano Man - Chapter 20
Piano Man - Chapter 21
Piano Man - Chapter 22
Piano Man - Chapter 23
Piano Man - Chapter 24
Piano Man - Chapter 25
Piano Man - Chapter 26
Piano Man - Chapter 27
Piano Man - Chapter 28
Piano Man - Chapter 29
Epilogue

Piano Man - Chapter 8

3.2K 77 19
By singtomesoftly

I carried the used dishes back to kitchen and set the unbalanced pile onto the counter I was shocked I had made it all the way without breaking a single dish. I looked over to Noah rolling my eyes, this job definitely wasn’t for me. Since carrying dishes actually acquired some hand eye coordination.

“Well you kids are probably dying to get home” Ed chuckled as he wheeled into the kitchen. “Both of you can leave early, thanks for being such good workers” He smiled and with that I had whipped off my apron and was ready to run home. Noah quickly followed me to the door when we both realized it was pouring cats and dogs, the windows were covered and rain drops as the rain made harsh tapping noises against the roof I was thankful that Noah had gotten the truck today but we still had to make it across the parking lot. Noah looked at me and handed me his sweater,

“Here cover your head, the rain here’s cold the last thing we need is you being sick.” He smiled. I grabbed his sweater and wrapped it around me. It smelt very good especially mixed with the husky smell of the rain while we ran to the truck, laughing as we tried to stay dry but were running through puddles that deserved titles because they were so large and deep. We splashed our way across the parking lot, failing at trying to maintain dry. I panted slightly as I got in the truck, Noah was right the rain was cold.

“That rain is cold” I exclaimed well trying to fix my hair as it was probably a wet mess.

“It’s always like that in Mullinger” Noah explained. “Don’t worry about your hair, you look fine” He smiled looking at me. I looked down trying to hide the fact that I was blushing. “ Are  you nervous about meeting Liam?” I focused on the road while driving but still kept the conversation going.

“I’m scared” I said looking down and playing with the sleeves of Noah’s sweater. “ I’m scared he won’t know anything more than we do and that this will just be a waste of everyone’s time” I explained the thoughts running through my head. “I’m scared I won’t find my dad”

“I promise you, that I will do anything to help you find you dad this summer” Noah stated sincerely.“Actually I promise you that we will find your dad before you have to go home”

“You don’t have to help me you know” I stated, I always liked feeling independent and not having to rely on others.

“I want to, if I were in your position I wouldn’t be able to stand not knowing where my dad is.” Noah said as he moved the shift back and forth, I wouldn’t even know where to begin with a stick shift, I could probably figure out an automatic once I am old enough to drive. I almost forgot that Noah was a year older than me, it always felt like we were the same age. We get along so well, when reality is he would probably get along better with Robby and Gabby and I being the same age should hang out more. I looked out the window and watched the raindrops race down to the bottom until we pulled into the Horan’s driveway. Noah pulled the truck up as closer as he could to the front door and handed me the keys to unlock it.  It was really kind of him to put me first. I hopped out of the truck and unlocked the door.

“Hello?” I called into the house while kicking my shoes off and leaving them on the doormat. Gabby and Robby must have went out before it had started raining. Sucks to be them now, probably soaked in the cold and heavy rain.

“Lost in your thoughts?” Noah asked as he walked inside, dripping in water.

“Just wondering where our siblings are” I replied and went and sat on the couch. It was suede, I moved the fabric back and forth as it changed from a lighter colour to a darker colour

“House to ourselves you know what that means?” Noah winked and I looked a little taken back. Noah is good looking but I’m only fourteen, I haven’t had my first kiss,  nervous thoughts ran through my mind as I wondered what Noah was thinking about.“ Scary movies and hot chocolate of course”  He smiled pulling off his shirt and using it to dry his hair. “ I’m going to get into dry clothes, you can pick a scary movie to watch before Gabby gets home and freaks out” he chuckled.

“Sounds good” I replied and let out a long breath in relief, slouching back on the couch. I was didn’t want to tell Noah, that I didn’t like horror films either, so I would just let him choose one and hope it goes well from there.  I sat on the couch waiting for Noah to return and when he did, I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. I always had a thing for boys in grey sweatpants but with Noah’s chiseled muscular body, especially his biceps I couldn’t keep my eyes off the poor boy who was sporting a white wife beater with his sweatpants. He flopped down beside me grabbing the remote.

“What did you pick?” he asked as he nuzzled into the couch making himself more comfortable. I don’t know why but I panicked not wanting to tell him that I didn’t watch scary movies, so I couldn’t pick one.  Instead of admitting that I picked up a random blue-ray and held it up.

“ The Human Centipede?” He furrowed his eyebrows.” This is a box of movies  Roxy gave me to borrow from her rental shop, I didn’t expect you as this type of girl” He explained.

“I-I don’t watch scary movies” I explained wondering what was so bad about the movie.

“Are they too scary for you?” he laughed, then pulled out another movie out of the box. “This should be a good starter movie for you” I looked at the cover reading the title ‘Paranormal Activity’ the movie looked ancient.

“What’s that from? The 2000s?” I laughed

“It’s a classic and with the horrible effects it won’t be likely to scare you” Noah explained and threw it into the playstation 6, well coming back and flopping down in the same spot, but this time leaning just a little bit closer to me. “ if you get too scared we can cuddle” he winked. I tried to focus on the movie but my stomach was too excited and thoughts were running through my head today I was meeting Liam Payne, yet another one of my dad’s band member. I hoped he would have information on my dad or even maybe just a funny story, something to let me feel more connect to my dad or something to give me hope. “Here watch this part” Noah sat forward pointing to the flatscreen, as the couple laid in bed through a tinted green effect.  I watched intently waiting for something scary to happen, I could feel the music building the suspense and just when it got to the highest point, nothing happened My heart dropped along with my adrenaline, I was prepared to be scared shitless. I leaned in to Noah covering part of my face in his shoulder while watching the movie with my one eye.

“Ahhh” Noah and I jumped up off the couch, and my heart started pumping quickly but soon stopped as we turned around to see Robby and Gabby chuckling. “You should have seen your faces” Gabby laughed. “ You two turned white as a ghost”

“Getting a little to closer there” Robby crossed his arms looking at me.

“No Robby, I was just scared” I rolled my eyes and got up to get a drink from the kitchen.

“Better not be anything” Robby stated and then smiled slightly. “It was pretty funny to see you two look so scared” Robby laughed followed by Gabby teasing Noah.

“Shut it” Noah piped up at Gabby.

“Noah Fitzgerald Horan!” I stern voice came from the door, I couldn’t help but giggle at Noah’s middle name. It was Shawna. “ That is know way to talk to Gabriela”

“But-”

“But nothing, now go help the company unload their bags” I felt excitement run through my veins knowing that someone who was possibly willing to talk about my father had arrived. In came a tall broad man with sweet brown eyes that crinkled when he smiled, and a woman with tan skin and very curly hair.

“Hi Darcy” The man smiled.”I’m Liam I am so glad to meet you!” he pulled me into a hug. “I’m sorry for hanging up on you and for being so late. we were leaving but then my daughter Shaiyena had a photoshoot and it ran late and then we had to wait for the pilot to the private jet-” Liam stopped dead in the conversation. “I

I'm sorry you really don’t care about my day. I’m going to unpack and then I will cook us all dinner and we’ll get to know everyone” Liam nodded walking back outside. His daughter was a model, a private jet? Wow, they must be spoiled. I could imagine a bleach blonde toothpick walking through the doors at any second but I was wrong. In came two dark haired girls with brown eyes. One was taller than the other, so I assumed she was older.

“I’m Darcy” I stuck my hand out to the two girls. The first smiled sweetly and nodded.

“I’m Shaiyena” So this is the model. She was drop dead gorgeous but nothing like I imagined her.

“ And I am Alana” the second one grabbed my hand. “ Don’t mind Shai, she is just tired and shy” The bubbly girl smiled. “Could you possibly show us to our room?”

“Yea, of course” I was a little taken back by how nice and friendly Alana was, although Shaiyena seemed nice as well just quite. I guided them up the back staircase where back in the day would be the maids quarters. This is where Niall had said they were staying as there was two bedrooms and a bathroom, everything they needed.I walked into the furthest bedroom which contained two double beds. “And this is your room” I smiled.

“Thank you” Shaiyena smiled while setting her bags down. Alana followed me out of the room.

“So how old are you?” She asked.

“I’m fourteen turning fifteen” I answered politely.

“That’s awesome, I am fifteen. Shaiyena is 17” she explained. “We’re adopted though, but just as good as much family as anyone else” she nodded.  

“Do you know who your real parents are?” I asked

“No” she shrugged

“Doesn’t that bother you? That they are somewhere out  there in the world and you don’t know what they are doing or where they are?” I asked

“My parents didn’t want me at my worse so why would they deserve me at my best” Alana smiled. “C’mon my dad has been raving about meeting you” She tugged at my arm. We walked into the kitchen to find Liam slaving over the stove.  He turned to me and looked at me very seriously.

“I am making my mom’s famous stir-fry, you aren’t allergic to shellfish are you?”

“No, My mom is though” I replied.

“Oh trust me Liam would know” Niall walked into the kitchen chuckling. “The first time Harry introduced us to your mother Liam nearly killed her”

“ It was an accident” Liam help up the wooden spoon to Niall laughing.

“You finally got over your fear of spoons?” Shawna asked shocked and all the adults burst out laughing. I don’t know what I was missing but it was good to see that people from my dad’s past could get along, make if we worked hard enough we could all find him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 833 51
Two years after Piper and Harry got married, they broke up when Harry had a one night stand. Sydney was nearly three years old and their other Daught...
14 0 1
Architect Harry Styles is in the midst of the project that will make or break his career, the same one that definitely broke his marriage. As he stru...
3.9M 78.2K 39
A one night stand with Harry Styles: What's the worst that can happen?
3.6K 206 51
Harry Styles is stuck in New York City. A present day dystopia sweeps across the United States as a group known as The Containers seek to end all tho...