Salt Skin - Thor X Reader X L...

By BerjhawnGideon

(Y/N) is from the realm of vanaheim, after an event that leaves her the carrier of an infinity stone she is b... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Young Thor
Chapter 2 - Stark's Assistant
Chapter 3 - Loki
Chapter 4 - Remember
Chapter 5 - Feelings
Chapter 6 - Coulson
Chapter 7 - Coming in Second
Chapter 8 - Battle of Manhattan
Chapter 10 - Jail
Chapter 11 - Who are you?
Chapter 12 - The Party
Chapter 13 - Virkeligheten
Chapter 14 - Waking up
Chapter 15 - Thor's Ending
Chapter 16 - Loki's Ending

Chapter 9 - Asgard

12.7K 408 127
By BerjhawnGideon

Reader's POV CTND

The next few days went by rather fast and even though you were against it Thor had talked you into returning to Asgard with him and Loki. Today you found yourself surrounded by new friends and old as you and Thor say your goodbyes to your new friends. When the Tesseract was placed in the teleportation device that would harness its powers you walk up and taking Thors hand watch as he gives the other end to Loki and then twisting your side you feel the Tesseract pull you from Midgard and send you up to Asgard where Hiemdall along with a group of soldiers wait to arrest Loki.

As they do more show up and surrounding you reach forward and grab your arms. "Wait, let her go!" Thor says as he tries to make his way to your side.

"I am sorry Thor Odinson, but it is the Allfather's orders that we restrain both the war criminal Loki and your female companion."

Thor opens his mouth to argue when you interrupt him by saying, "It's okay, I'll go willingly." Thor clenches his jaw as he starts toward Valhalla leaving you to walk back alongside Loki. You look up into Loki's greenish blue eyes and see a look of empathy lingering in them, as you look into his eyes you start to feel uncomfortable and quickly look away.

As you all make your way toward Valhalla you glance around to see all the people staring at both you and Loki looks of anger and hate covering their faces. A sudden look of desperation fills your face as you clench your jaw and look down at the ground the rest of the way. You knew it had been a bad idea to return to Asgard, and now your once fond memory of this beautiful place has been tainted. You feel Loki's arm brush against your side and you look up to see that he had noticed your sadness, you find it rather surprising that even though he is about to face his father for all the destruction he caused on Midgard he is still trying to comfort you.

You see him look forward and as his body tenses you follow his gaze to see that you have entered Valhalla and are about to enter the throne room. Your heart starts to race as you look forward to see Odin sitting on his throne looking at you and Loki a look of disapproval filling his worn face. Before you make it to Odin the guards walk over and remove Loki's mouth cover. He takes a deep breath as he stands tall and walks toward his father. As you near Odin you glance to your side to see Frigga standing a few feet away and you feel a light sense of hope.

"Loki." She says sadness filling her face and voice.

"Hello, mother. Have I made you proud." You hear Loki say and you turn toward and give him a scowl.

"Please, don't make this worse." Frigga pleads.

"Define worse." Loki says and you clench your jaw as you want nothing more than to hit him for being so disrespectful to his mother.

"Enough! I will speak to the prisoners alone." Odin says his voice booming throughout the great hall. Frigga turns and leaves, as you and Loki are brought closer to Odin's throne.

Loki starts laughing as he says, "I really don't see what all the fuss is about." You keep your eyes on the floor as you listen in to their argument.

"Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you go there is war, ruin, and death." Odin says and even though he tried to rule over humanity you instantly start to feel sorry for Loki.

"I wanted to rule the people of earth as a benevolent God, just like you."

"We are not Gods. We are born, we live, we die, just as humans do."

"Give or take five thousand years."

"All this because Loki desires a throne."

"It's my birthright!" Loki yells out his anger ringing out in his voice.

"Your birthright was to die...as a child! Cast out onto a frozen rock. If I had not taken you in you would not be here now to hate me." Your eyes shoot up to look between the two men becoming confused with every word.

"If I had fully asked for true mercy, I'd say just swing it. It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just...I don't love them."

"Frigga is the only reason you are still alive and you will never see her again. You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeon."

The guards tug on Loki's shackles moving him back toward the door when Loki stops them by saying, "And what of Thor? You'll make that witless oaf king while I rot in chains?"

You start to get angry at the mention of Thor's name but before you can say anything you hear Odin say, "Thor must strive to undo the damage you have done, he will bring order to the Nine Realms and then, yes, he will be king." The guards start to take Loki away when Odin says, "And take his human with you."

Your eyes widen as you say, "Excuse me?" The guards grab your arms and start to pull you away when you jerk away from them and say to Odin, "I am not a human and you know it!"

Odin slowly turns back as he says, "What is this nonsense you speak of?"

"Why else would you have kept me here this long, if I was merely a human you would have demanded Heimdall send me back to Midgard the moment I stepped through the portal."

Odin smirks as he says, "I see that all those years on Midgard have not changed your temper,"

"I apologize but the words you spoke made it seem like I was a possession of Loki's and I am not. I belong to no one."

Odin stares at you for a moment before saying, "Then I apologize for jumping to conclusions but I must ask you one question,"

You straighten your back as you say, "And that would be?"

"Does the Virkeligheten still remain within you."

You swallow a gulp of air as you feel your courage fade away leaving nothing but worry. "Yes, it is still inside me."

He nods slightly as he says, "Then I have no choice but to have you sent to the dungeon where you will wait until we discover a way to remove it."

You bite your lip to keep from crying as you say, "I understand, I will do as you say. May I ask two favors from you?"

Odin nods as he says, "You may,"

You take a deep breath before you say, "The first favor I ask is that you tell Thor that I have been sent back to Midgard for protection, I do not want him to be distracted from his duties by visiting me in the dungeons."

"Done, and the second?"

You take a deep breath before you say, "I wish to be placed in the same cell as Loki."

Odin's eyes widen a little as he says, "And why do you wished to be placed in a cell with him?"

"Loki will not harm me, and if I must stay in the dungeon until the Virkeligheten can be removed I would like to be with someone I know."

Odin ponders the idea for a moment before saying, "Very well, I will allow it."

You bow your head as you say, "Thank you," You look up right as Odin leaves and you turn to see Loki staring at you. You sigh as you look down at the ground and let the guards lead you to the dungeon.

Thor's POV

Thor paces back and forth in his chambers as he waits for word on ________'s whereabouts. He regretted leaving her alone in the great hall with Loki and his father but he didn't have a choice. A knock at his door sends his heart rushing in hope. When he opens it he sees Odin standing there and his heart drops, "Father?"

Odin clears his throat as he says, "I came personally to inform you that _______, had been sent back to Midgard."

Thor's eyes widen as he says, "Why?"

Odin takes a deep breath as he says, "There is something I think you are old enough to know, _________ has an infinity stone within her."

Thor stares wide eyed at his father as he says, "A infinity stone?"

"One of the most powerful, it is too unstable for her to have remained here in Asgard."

Thor clenches his jaw as he says, "Then I am going back to Midgard after her."

"I'm afraid that is not possible, she has asked me personally to tell you not to return to Midgard in hopes of looking for her."

Thor feels his heart tighten and he reaches up and rubbing his chest says, "Then even though I do not want to, I will abide her wishes and stay here in Asgard." Odin nods as he turns and leaves Thor standing there on the verge of exploding with anger.

Thor feels anger start to course through his veins as he says to himself, "What was she thinking?" Then her words come to mind, "You are a prince of Asgard and I'm just a Vanir. I'm beneath you Thor, you must marry an Asgardian and become king; and I can't be her." Thor punches a pillar in his room making it crack under his strength. He paces back and forth in his room as he tries to decide whether or not to go after _________. He runs a hand through his hair as he walks over to his balcony and stares out over the scenery. Another knock on his door has him stomping over to send whoever it was away but freezes when he sees his mother standing there.

"What is troubling you my son?"

Thor swallows a gulp of air as he says, "Father sent ________, back to Midgard." Frigga looks into his eyes a look of concern filling her blue eyes.

"Thor, I know how much she means to you but you have to think about the realms. It is our duty to protect them and right now they are in turmoil."

Thor nods as he says, "Do you think I should move on?"

Frigga sighs as she says, "That is completely your decision. It is your heart that is in the balance here."

Thor sighs as he says, "I will do my duty as a prince of Asgard but once my duty is done I shall do whatever it takes to get her back."

Frigga smiles as she says, "And I wish you all the luck my son."

Thor smiles as Frigga reaches up and gently caresses his cheek before she says, "Well I must be off lots of things to do in preparation of the up coming battles."

Thor nods as he says, "Thank you for your words of comfort mother."

She smiles as she says, "Just doing my job as you mother." Then she turns and disappears down the hall. Thor walks back over to his balcony and taking a deep breath says, "Please wait for me _________,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 246 17
Takes place after Avengers but before Thor 2. Loki escapes from prison in Asgard and literally crashes into a young Midgardian. She is like no other...
123K 5.9K 17
Leaving Asgard amidst a scandal, Y/n L/n finds herself travelling from realm to realm before settling down on Midgard, a fruitful realm with culture...
5.6K 111 83
Agent Sparrow had made a promise to herself long ago. She promised she'd never return to her old life, but when a new threat comes to light and when...
7K 225 9
Y/N is the newest Avenger. ( Set during Avengers 1) Loki is being held in Avengers a Tower. Y/N got lost in her new home and stumbled upon Loki's cel...