The Betrayal

由 Z0EYYY

Sequel to The betrothed. Read the prequel before the sequel. I won't add a description yet because it will ru... 更多

New beginnings.
Time to let go?
Rave.
Personal Hell?
Memories..
Apologize
Welcome back.
The Doctor.
The breakfast.
The Dance Part 1
Confusion
David's POV
Enlightening.
Balance of Power?
Wisdom
Problems
New Addition?
Got a secret?
Humble.
Teaser
Division
The Forest
Happy Birthday to me!- David's POV
You'll be the death of me..
All these years..
Two weeks later
Goodbye...
And so it begins
The Meeting
The Race
Here comes the bride..
Here comes the bride.. (Part 2)
It's a topsy turvy world
The Truth.
The Betrayal
The transition
The Text.
Just a kiss goodbye
The War.
The Aftermath
What have I done?
Calm.
Time

History Lesson?

319 23 7
由 Z0EYYY

I know I suck at updates L I'm sorry, I will try to do it faster, love you guys.

Disclaimer! All rights reserved.

History lesson?

By the time I woke up again, David was no longer in my arms.

He had his back towards me and was putting on his suit jacket.

"Good morning." He said without turning.

"Good morning.. David.. About yesterday-" he interrupted me.

"I don't remember much but I apologize for any misdemeanor of mine that you may or may not have experience." His voice was so hard and cold that it seemed like he was a whole different person than what he was yesterday. "It seems I may have pushed my limits."

He turned around asking me "What were you doing in the library?"

"Oh I thought I will read up on our history.. Grandpa Christian said I should know, I want to be up to date the next time I meet him." I said.

"Our database just got updated."

"Yeah, the librarian told me, she said I could use your laptop that's why I was there."

"Oh." He paused and hesitantly said "I have a password, Um, were you able to get through?"

I had a feeling he wouldn't want to know so I said "No, I wasn't able to log in, it was password protected."

His attitude today seemed like he wouldn't open up anyway, so there was no point in asking.

He walked towards me with a brand new laptop and handed it to me.

"Before I forget, I got you your own laptop, I have everything installed and I put the e-books you asked for from the librarian."

"Thank you David, that's very thoughtful of you."

"I thought you needed as much rest as possible so you wouldn't need to leave this bed, I've cancelled our dance practice for today as well since I am a little occupied too and do not worry about anything, your food will be brought to you by the servants."

"What am I doing in your room? Shouldn't I be in mine? Won't Keisha mind?"

"She knows nothing about diplomatic relations, you are a very important person to the crown and to me hence you get to stay in my room as it is the safest place in the palace. Plus it's not like you haven't been here before."

Seems like he cares more about me than he lets on, if only I knew why..

"If it wouldn't be a bother can you do me another favor?"

"Of course, let me know whatever you need." He held my hand as he sat beside me on the bed.

"Could you call my parents to let them know I'm okay?"

"Okay. Where is your phone?"

"I think I left it home."

"Here, take mine." He gave me his iPhone 6. "Keep it."

"No I can't-"

"I insist." He smiled and said "I really have to go now but I'll ask Keisha to keep you company in my absence."

"That won't be necessary-"

"It's quite alright, she will be queen, she needs to learn stuff and maybe you can help her since you were always such a natural."

He left with that and I called my dad and spent some time talking to him. It was always a pleasure talking to him.

Once done with him I decided to read the eBook's that were on my laptop, the battle of the royal's one.

I was so engrossed in reading that I hadn't noticed the food lying on the tables, nor that it had turned from light to dark outside.

The information I had just figured out had put my mind in frenzy.

Benjamin Mason, who was my grandfather, was the first vampire there ever was. He was childhood best friends with Grandpa Christian Salvatore, they were as close as it gets. Lindsay's mother Patricia Denis, among their group, being the first witch, had turned him into a vampire to save the destruction of mankind. It was almost the end of humanity as they had started to self-destruct, cutting off trees had lessened oxygen levels, and industrialization had led to the destruction of social interactions including the division of classes. The rich got richer and poor got poorer. There wasn't enough food to be shared either.

So my grandfather made the ultimate sacrifice. Patricia turned him into a superior being. Being a human helped him with the bloodlust as he had the taste of what it feels like to be a human. The fears and emotions etc. He was known to be a wise and knowledgeable person who had a knack for solving impossible problems. As things started to get better for the human race, it got harder for Benjamin to keep this secret from Grandpa Christian and eventually he confessed.

It took a while for Christian to accept what had happened but once he had, he moved on and decided to help in managing my grandfather's empire because even he knew it was the right thing to do. Soon thereafter he was turned into a vampire by my grandfather due to all the advantages that came with being one which far outweigh the disadvantages.

As years progressed Benjamin had an epic love story with a lady called Grace who bore him two sons, my father George and his elder brother Robert. However, Christian had also fallen in love with Grace but she only had eyes for Benjamin. This led to a conflict between the two that seemed to go on for generations.

Christian got married to Dorothy and had three children, Edward, Thomas and Charlie.

It seemed that mystery plagued both families; some assumed they were cursed, some assumed that the devil himself had been reincarnated into one of the bloodlines as the beloved Grace drew her last breath mysteriously and there came the downfall of the Royal Family. The balance of power shifted from the Mason's to the Salvatore's.

Benjamin blamed Christian whereas he claimed he had moved on with his breathtakingly beautiful wife and had ever been faithful. The only way Benjamin could reconcile with Christian was when tragedy struck him too. One after the other his children had mysteriously started to die. First his eldest one Thomas had died, then his son Charlie, until the only one left was Edward. Dorothy had gone mad with grief so it was as if she was no longer there; an empty shell one could say.

Some said that Benjamin had taken his ultimate revenge because he was known to be a cold calculated man who had some amazing strategies but there was nothing more than mere speculation.

Unknown to history someone had set the Mason mansion on fire which led to the disappearance of Benjamin and his eldest son Robert. The only dead body they could find was Robert's wife Mary-Anne hence the rest were presumed to have burnt down with the house and disintegrated.

It was a huge loss that shook the entire world. My father George had been consumed by grief so King Edward had asked to manage affairs for the mean while making him an interim king. George had never asked for the throne back, as he felt it was cursed.

People often believed that this was the result of the feud between the two families but no one could have been certain, maybe there was something greater at play. There had never been any evidence of foul play.

All that remained of the original royal family was my father George. I can't believe he had never shared this with me, he had lost his entire family in one go..

The last paragraph made my entire world crumble and fall all over again.

'The only remaining member of the Mason Royal Family, respected by the entire community is George Mason and his wife Giselle who have no living heirs as of yet. George's official refusal to reclaim the throne carries the reason that he needs to take care of the only living blood relative, heir of his brother Robert; Elizabeth Mason who was in his care when the Mason Mansion caught fire. The Betrothed of the future King in hopes to join the two families once and for all.'

It felt as if the walls were closing in on me. I had to get out. I rushed passed the door accidentally knocking Keisha over but that was the least of my worries as I pushed my legs faster till I reached the big double door that led up to the garden.

So poor Elizabeth right? One thing doesn't end before the next starts.

Important: My results coming tomorrow, pray for me, I'm a little ball of nerves. If I get the result I want I will post a David's POV. ;)

So pray for me?

Plus while I wait I will try writing the next chapter, good time pass no? ;)

Love Z.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

1.5K 259 39
^^𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧- 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 ,𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲. ^^ 𝐑�...
7.4K 272 30
This is a sequel to Loving Dangerously one and two so I suggest reading those stories before reading this one. Also characters from my story My Siste...
581K 17.8K 41
*Mature content, unedited version* She was in love. Her wedding day was a dream come true. She believed that their love will last forever, until she...
39 8 18
Completed! Still Editing! Two heart met and fall in love. Both are for the first time lovers. Taking things slowly as their love for each other grows...