Playing for Keeps[Kingx#1] [C...

由 BailyNorton

Highest ranking: #1 in teen fiction. I though I knew Archer McCarty. The controlling, stubborn bad boy w... 更多

IMPORTANT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter15
Chapter16
Chapter17
Chapter18
Chapter19
Chapter 20
NOTICE + ABOUT THE ADS
Chapter21
Chapter 22
chapter23
Chapter 24
Chapter25
Pics of characters
Chapter26
Chapter27
Chapter28
Chapter29
Chapter30
Chapter31
Chapter32
Chapter33
Chapter34
New book-Cinderella's sister(not an update)
Chapter35
Chapter36
Chapter37
Chapter38
Chapter39
Chapter40
Chapter41
Chapter42
Chapter 43
Chapter44
Chapter45
Chapter46
Chapter47
Chapter48
Chapter49
Chapter50
Chapter51
Chapter52
Chapter53
Chapter54
Chapter55
Chapter56
Chapter57
Chapter58
Chapter59
Chapter60
Chapter61
Chapter62
Chapter63
EPILOGUE
Kane's Book

Chapter14

269K 8.3K 1.3K
由 BailyNorton

Edited by : BombaySapphire

Pic : Isaac

X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x  x x x x X

''GOOD MORNING, ELLIE. How about some coffee? '' Anna turned and almost dropped her cup.

''What happened, you look horrible!'' She gasped, hand flying to cover her mouth.

''Thanks for boosting my confidence, Anna'' Ellie replied dryly, her eyes burned from tears and all puffy and she was sure her hair must look like a bird's nest.

''Tell me, you know you can trust me'', Anna coaxed gently.

''Archer happened!'' She cried throwing her hands up in the air.

''What did he do this time?'' Anna asked with a sigh.

''Well, I was starting to have fun, talking to a guy friend, which doesn't really happen to me in a long time, I mean starting a conversation with anyone beside my friends? It's such a rarity for me! Anyway, he barged in and carried me out like a caveman! Can you believe that? Then, he says I belong to him as if I'm a toy and accused me of teasing the boys'', she blushed remembering his exact words and added, ''Then he leaved a mark on my neck!''

She pushed her mane away and showed her Archer's mark. Anna's eyes widened and her jaw dropped before she recovered and smiled softly. She looked homesick as if she was reminiscing.

''What's wrong?'' Ellie asked quickly, forgetting all her problems.

''Nothing'', Anna smiled weakly and added, "Just missing him.''

''Logan?'' Ellie smiled back and she nodded in reply.

Logan is Anna's boyfriend. They're high school sweethearts and still so much in love that Ellie's heart melted every time she looked at them. Anna seems to turn into jelly every time she talks about him. Anna had befriended him when no one would as he used to be quite chubby and tall. In just a month or two, he became miraculously thin, lean, fit and of course popular. He helped her aunt got revenge on her ex. He thought she used him and they got into a fight for awhile but, seems like they've worked out their problems as they're pretty serious right now. Cliché as it gets but adorable nonetheless.

''I'm so sorry that you have to babysit me. I can call-", Ellie started but Anna cut her off.

''Don't you dare do something of that sort! I wasn't trying to be dramatic or anything. Something you said just reminded me of something", Anna said with a shrug.

''Which part?'' Ellie asked curiously.

Anna grinned as if hiding something, ''I'd reveal too much for Archer'', she said with a smirk and headed towards the kitchen.

''What? That's not fair!'' Ellie complained. 'Why was Anna being so secretive and why did she mention Archer?' Ellie thought with a frown.

Anna laughed at her fully and then said, ''Here's some advice, try being nice to him and maybe he'll return it." Ellie almost scoffed at Anna's words.

''It's impossible. Archer doesn't do nice", Ellie replied solemnly.

''You won't know unless you try'', she ended with a shrug.

ANNA WENT OUT TO buy more groceries later in the day leaving Ellie alone at home. Archer was outside washing his car which caught her off guard. Ellie pursed her lips, stopping herself from ogling him. He looked so good in his wife beater and khaki shorts callously while she looked like an old hag, lost and found, that morning. Now that she thinks about it, she never really got the answer to why he was always so mean to her. Maybe she should try her aunt's suggestion. Archer might return the good behavior. Maybe he wants to be nice but doesn't know how to start.

She looked up to see he was already staring at her making her blush for some reason.

''Hey'', she faked a smile. He raised a brow at her in question. She bit her lip not quite knowing what to say.

"So, you're washing your car", she said awkwardly and almost banged her head on the hood he was cleaning. 'I'm such an idiot', she thought to herself.

''No, I'm watering to see if it grows into a bus'', he said with a straight face and she blushed ten shades of crimson.

She refrained from having her jaw hang open at him. She would have laughed if it wasn't directed towards her. She tried to be nice and look how it turned out. He's so rude and definitely incapable of acting nicely. She bent her head in embarrassment to hide her flush. Why the heck was she trying to be nice to him? She quickly went to the opposite road from Archer's house which was unfortunately the opposite of the market too.

She missed the smirk forming on his lips as she hastily got away from him.

AS SOON AS SHE SAT at the lunch table that day, Amy and Tori quickly sat in front of her, ''Ellie! You worried the heck out of us! You weren't even answering your phone! Why did Archer carry you away? What happened? '' She was instantly bombarded with questions from her friends.

''I don't know why he did that. No wait, I know why, he was just being Archer. He took me home and nothing else happened", Ellie said frowning.

''Really? I wouldn't mind him carrying me off anywhere'', Amy said with a dreamy sigh.

''I don't know how he knew I was there'', Ellie remarked.

''I know'', Tori said with a snap of her fingers, ''Maybe James told him. He was there'', she added and Ellie remembered seeing James there in the middle of girls.

''But why?'' They were quiet for a moment.

''You were the talk of the night. Every one wondered if there's something going between you two'', Amy said with a smirk, nudging Ellie.

''No way!'' Ellie said with a blush overtaking her features.

''You should have seen the look on their faces. The girls weren't really happy about you stealing their *** God'', Tori said with a wink and Ellie hid behind her hair.

''Tori, you did not say that!'' She said still trying to cover her flaming cheeks.

''Sorry'', she grinned goofily not looking the least bit of sorry.

''We have to let them know there's nothing going on between him and me. They hated me already for no reason. And now this", Ellie said sadly.

''No'' Amy said firmly, ''They're just being jealous bi*ches, you don't need to explain yourself them'', she added with fervor.

''She's right'', Tori agreed, ''Not your fault that the boys are fawning over you'', she dramatically batted her lashes.

''No'', Ellie moaned, ''Not this again. They are not fawning over me. They just stare at me strangely'', she reasoned weakly.

''It's called desire'', Amy said wistfully.

She flushed red, ''Impossible.'' Archer used to stare at her like that too! Like the other night, outside her door. That stare from Archer always makes her feel strange. There's no way that 'stare' could be de-, she didn't even want to finish the word. She leaned back and her friends gasped loudly.

''What is that!'' Tori brushed her hair away from her left shoulder.

''Oh my God! It's a hickey!'' Amy squealed loudly.

"What?'' Ellie asked and frowned when she saw they were looking at her neck. ''Oh, Archer did this'', Ellie muttered with a pout.

Before her friends could say anything more, the bell rang. Archer walked in and stared at the hickey he had given Ellie the day before. He looked so smug that Ellie wished to do something about it. Her friends sighed dreamily when he passed them.

He may be hot but he's still bossy and a bully.

AFTER SCHOOL, ISAAC WAS missing practice again. Ellie was worried that he might be lying somewhere beaten and bruised so she decided to go search for him. She didn't find him so she decided to check empty rooms and went upstairs. As she feared, she heard sounds and approached it. She quickly hid when she saw five huge figures coming out of the room. The 'Kingx!'

Fortunately, they went down from the other direction. She was about to walk down too, until she heard someone groaning. Her eyes widened and she quickly approached the class. Isaac was there! Just the way she feared, bruised and bloody.

''Isaac!'' She ran and knelt in front of him, "God, what happened?''

''Ellie? It's nothing'', he said with a shrug, trying to stand.

''This is the second time it happened, tell me'', she said desperately, then she remembered Archer and his friends walking out of here. ''It's them isn't it? Kingx?'' she asked hesitantly.

''Leave it alone, Ellie. It's not safe'', he said and stood up wincing.

''No, don't say that. Tell me why they did this to you'', she said with more fervor this time.

''I don't think-'', he started but Ellie interrupted him.

''Please'', she begged again.

He looked up at her with sad eyes and bit his lip. Here goes nothing.

X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x X

A/N:I'm finally free! Lol. It's 1:44 am here. You feel my love?. It's not raining anymore so it's easier. Anyway, let me share this with you

Are you guys curious about Anna and Logan? I have separate book of them;)

Time to sleep.  Good night/morning. 

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

866K 22K 24
{Complete} (((Disclaimer))) I wrote this book/completed it when I was 13/14, it does not exhibit my current writing ability and is very much unedited...
685K 22.1K 23
Attention: NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS, I REPEAT, NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS or people who likes to correct mistakes. Sorry but it just ruins my fun to write...
3.6M 127K 43
*WARNING: RATED MATURE DUE TO LANGUAGE/SEXUAL CONTENT. READERS MUST BE 17+* *CANNOT be read without reading prior novels in series* Asher Pryce hides...
432K 15.1K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...