Reason to love

By craveday

Kalani Forture is just a graduating high school soon to be college girl with a boyfriend named Garrett Cham... More

Introduction
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18

Part 7

3.7K 139 22
By craveday

August POV /Graduation
"Graduation time " I said smiling putting on my cap "this for you Mel " I say fixing my tie and grabbing my apartment key this is the day , the day I've been waiting for my whole life not only am I proud to make Mel proud of me but I'm also proud of myself . Grabbing my house key and turning off the lights I make my way out the door locking it . Making my way to the bus stop I sit on the bench waiting for the bus to come . This is my day I say to myself smiling .

20 minutes later
"C'mon Ron just a few more I'm sure August don't mind" Ronnie mom says pushing us two up close together taking more photos "mom please ." Ronnie said as the door bell rings "I got here as fast as I could " I hear Carol voice say Carol is coming to my graduation , this woman has been here for me every step of the way and there's no way I could ever thank her enough "August you look so handsome " she says touching my cheeks tearing up " c'mon now mama Carol you don't have to touch na' ." I say smiling and moving her hands away from my face I call her mama Carol now since she's like my second mom . "Boy hush , now you and Ronnie get together for a picture " she says taking out her camera blowing out my breath Ronnie says " my mom can send them to you it's about 50 of them mother-" , "Ron !!" His mom yells slapping his head I start to laugh rubbing on the ends of my gown this is finally happening " sorry ma sorry Carol , but my mom can send them to you were going to be late so well meet you there" he replied grabbing his keys . We hug and say our goodbye then make our way to Ronnie's car getting it ,I need me a car this bus shit not working anymore .

Pulling up at the school after a 10 minute drive Ronnie cuts the car off locking the doors "nigga what you doing ?" I say looking at him raising an eyebrow "there go baeeeesss ." He replied smirking , if this nigga don't get the hell reaching over I unlock the car and quickly open my door "na' what I tell yo ass before we got here " I asked shutting the car door with him doing the same locking the car "that I'm sexy and my hair the fuck great -" he says in a girl voice as I cut him off " man you gay " I said while chuckling and pushing him a lil . " whatever bro  , Aye Kalani !! Si!!" He yells to get their attention here comes the pettiness " hey Ronnie , August right ? " her friend asks  me and I nod to confirm " oh hey guys." The Kalani girl says smiling . Feeling someone nudge me I look over at Ronnie giving me a smirk and side eye , rolling my eyes I put my hands in my pocket slouching a lil " I didn't know you were graduating with us August " Kalani says smiling "yeah me either at first " I reply laughing a lil "well we should get in Mr.McCow will be pissed if we haven't atleast rehearsed once before it starts " her friend says laughing and starting to walk away "nice talking to you guys " Kalani turns around and says as she follows that serenity girl . "My dude you're so getting that " Ronnie says trying to dap me up " yo chill and let's go ." I say smacking his hand out the way and start walking .

2hrs later
Moving around in my seat I'm starting to get in patient this dude has been talking for 30 minutes straight I just want my diploma - wait dude ? Ronnie rubbing off on me . Looking to my side I see Ronnie watching a movie on his phone with his ear buds in " nigga !" I whisper yell at him smacking his leg " ouch what !" He shouts a little taking his ear buds out putting his phone away " I know he talking too much but damn at least look like ya' paying attention with your rude ass" I say laughing " man he doing too much " he says leaning back in his chair , since my last name Alsina and his Banks we got put side by side surprisingly " as we get into this part I ask you all to come up here and accept your diploma normally without the whipping and Nae naein' you all do in this generation and now without anymore wait  to announce our graduates for 2015" I hear the principle say watching as everyone gets up screaming and shouting "I'm wilding out when I get up there , he not my principle after I get my diploma in my hand " Ronnie says laughing and thumb shining his shoes making me laugh a little bit too .

"Mr.August Alsina graduating with an 3.0 GPA I've gave notification that Mr. August will not like to say his college at the moment but I'm pretty sure he'd be happy with his choice" he says smiling happy with my choice I ask myself as I get up to make my way up on the stage you could almost hear a pin drop it was so silent until ...

Kalani POV
"GO AUGUST !!!! WHOOOOOO " Serenity , Ronnie , and I yell nobody knows him here that's why no one screamed for his as they do their friends looking over I see that lady August is always with and Ronnie mom screaming for him also knowing I was a little popular around there I went for a long shot and said " GO BABY !! THATS MY BABY!!" I say I could feel the stares I got even from Ronnie in the front row but soon I the stadium began with cheering and clapping  looking over at serenity I see a smirk on her face , I will never hear the end of this .

August POV
Almost still in shock I grab my diploma shaking the principles hand hearing him say "great job Mr " he says holding my hand posing for the photographer "thank you sir " I reply back walking off stage back to my seat ." Next is Ronnie banks graduating with an 2.9 GPA Mr. Banks will be attending UCLA next fall with a scholarship for football.  " the principle says watching Ronnie walk on to the stage I hear claps and screams from the audience as he grabs his diploma and poses for a picture with the principle as I did he walks back in the middle of the stage "oh hell yeah !!" He says doing a rich homie Quan all the way to the steps to get off the stage making the crowd and I laugh . Coming back to his seat Ronnie sits down smiling "dude Mr.McCow looks pissed " he said laughing holding his stomach "ya' lucky no one escorted yo ass out " I said laughing along with him .

20 minutes go by I hear them say " now Ms. Kalani Forture graduating with an 3.0 GPA Ms. Forture will be attending UCLA next fall  " he says watching her come up on the stage , now that I actually look at her lil ma not that bad . I watch her as the crowd cheers including her friend and Ronnie yelling "Thats my noodle head!!!" Remembering she clapped and screamed for me I join in as say "YOU GO BABY!! " I say with my strong accent . looking at me playfully rolling her eyes she smiles receiving her diploma and picture  douging off the stage with a smile .

An hour and some shit later were finally done "and that ..everyone is our graduates of 2015!!" He says as everyone cheers and throw up their caps . Taking off mine smiling and throwing it up in the air I feel Ronnie bear hugs me and say "nigga we made it !" He says knocking over the chairs we sat in throwing an arm around my shoulder pulling me to Serenity , finally I got her name I laugh as we stop in front of her with Ronnie taking off her cap throwing it up yelling " finally out this hell hole !!!" , "Ronnie man I didn't take mine off because I customized it you ass " she says rolling her eyes bending down looking for it . " whatever ms.prissy where's Kalani? " Ronnie says looking around come to think of it ...where is she ,she was a row in front of her friend " I don't know she said she'd be back " she said still looking for her hat . I look around and began to look for her ... Whoa I'm actually looking for ole shawty breaking out of my thoughts I spot her with this boy that was a row behind Ronnie "Ronnie man there she is " I say pointing in her direction behind the bleachers "oh shit .. Yo that's Garrett she's talking to Garrett. " he says wide eyed "Garrett ?" I say confused who the hell is Garrett ? " her ex ...he looks pissed " Ronnie said tapping The serenity girl on the ground " um Si ,Kalani talking to Garrett " he says not breaking eye contact from her and him " what the fuck !? Where !?" She said shooting up from the ground looking for her . As Ronnie began to yell and direct her where they are he also began to lose where she was standing , finding her I see him grab her arm tightly and pull her close " yo mans I'll be back " I say patting his chest making my way over to her and him no one put their hands on a lady ... No one .

Kalani POV
"So you got a new nigga !? Right after we broke up !? And you worried about me fucking Nia!?!" Garrett yells getting closer to me , after everyone threw around their caps I began to make my way to find my parents when Garrett came behind me and pulls me behind these bleachers yelling . " so what Garrett !! We're not together anymore!! We haven't talked in weeks you should've kept it that way !" I yell at him moving back "yes we are ! Stop fucking playing with me !!" He yells grabbing my arm "yo what the fuck you doing !?" I hear a voice say from behind me I know that is not who I think it is... "This none of yo business homeboy " Garrett says to August letting me go sliding back a bit " actually it is when ya ' hands on my girl nigga , bitch is ya' crazy ?" August spat back getting in his face whoaaaa go August .

"And what you gone do about it ?" Said garret raising an eyebrow "how about I pop a silver in ya' ass since you think you bad " says August in his accent I think this is enough pushing them away I say "that's enough ! ,c'mon baby lets go " I say grabbing August hand pulling him away once I saw we were out of the view of Garrett I let go of August hand and looked up at him "girlfriend ?" I say smiling and raising my eyebrow " see you know it ain't even like that ma' I couldn't let him put his hands on ya' " August says laughing and punching my shoulder a bit " besides I heard ya yelling at the ceremony " he said laughing even more holding his stomach , he actually isn't so bad looking " shut up !! Okay !!" I spat laughing along with him . "Girl where the fuck is Garrett !?" I hear Si say running up to me ugh I hate when she swears when she's mad " calm down August handled it " I say looking up at him making us both laugh "okay whoa did We miss something here ?-" Ronnie says while being cut off by his mom and the lady that's always with August comes up .

August POV
Maybe Ronnie was right she is super chill " oh my gosh Boys!!" Ronnie mom said smiling hard and hugging us both planting kisses on ronnie face "aight mother " Ronnie says rolling his eyes looking embarrassed as for me a nigga was over here laughing his ass off . "Did I tell you how proud I was of you boy?" Mama Carol said smiling at me touching my face " only 500 times this week , what I tell you about the hands na' ? No touchy the money maker " I say jokingly slapping her hands away " boy stop " she replied laughing and pulling out a bag with flowers " I got you something .... Open it ..." She says smiling wider , her and these gifts she gives me gifts almost every other week last week it was the class ring she ordered me "mama Carol c-","August shut up and open it she spat putting her hands on her hips. Opening the bag I see a rectangle shaped thing wrapped in wrapping paper , looking up at her getting her confirmation I unwrap it to reveal an iPhone 6 box I know because Ronnie has one sitting on his dresser "Carol no-" , "dern boy you talk to much open the box !" She yells "alright ! Alright!" I yell smiling and opening the box as I began to open the box I see an iPhone 6 with an UCLA case on it . "Oh my gosh" I say in shock staring at the case "surprise !! You got in !! And you can use that phone to text your little girlfriend " she said smiling I see she hear me at the ceremony " that's not my girlfriend Carol but thank you .. For everything " I replied smiling and hugging her feeling her hug back I see Ronnie snatch my phone from my hand and say "dude !! You got into UCLA! Too !?!" . This is hands down one of the best days of my life , I hope I made you proud today Mel .

Kalani POV
" so who's your boyfriend that we've never met ?" My dad says in a stern tone "yeah Lani who's your boyfriend ?" Serenity repeats in a mocking tone rolling my eyes I reply " he's not my boyfriend were just friends dad " , " that didn't sound like friends " he spat back rolling his eyes my dad hates for me to not introduce him to people my mom on the other hand is the same as him but more accepting " mike hush , why don't you invite your friend over for the cookout later?" She says smiling my mom knows about Garrett but my dad doesn't because if he knew ....boy would it be hell today nodding my head I smile pulling Si along with me to August and Ronnie " hello everyone" I say hugging Robbie's mom and the lady with August " goodness gracious child you're beautiful " she says smiling at me "Kalani this is Carol , you should know her from the store ...she helped me a lot to get here" August says smiling at me "someone's a flirt " I hear serenity whisper elbowing me .

" you got into UCLA too?" I say to August as look at his case on his phone wow never saw that before it looks new too "yeah " he says chuckling " oh I almost forgot , my mom told me to invite you guys to the cookout I'm having at my house around 6:30 , 7 the latest ?" I ask " well be there ... Won't we aug " Ronnie says smirking laughing I can see August cutting his eye at him "yeah ... We will " he replied grinning .

((Since I missed yesterday's update I decided to double up so that is why this chapter is super long , I kinda rushed a bit on this chapter so I will be making slight but not noticeable changes to it . Btw that's August's phone and case in the pic. XO😊 ))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 65 27
Being 16 isn't as sweet as it seems. After all, going to school to get educated, isn't her main focus anymore. Everyday there's always a fight going...
198K 7.1K 46
Amarah is not your typical young women she's been picked on because of her weight every since the first grade all the way to her senior year in high...
11.4K 317 18
Sevyn and August was the cutest couple in Lincoln High.Everyone envies their relationship. They never lied,kept secrets, or cheated on one another. T...
127 2 31
A 17 year old high school girl is a hard working A honor roll student, Latia. She's shy and quiet and even though this is her Senior year, its kinda...